PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Economy How do you think it is?!

icemanh
Jan 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
Watcha guys think about the economy of the game atm? I mean with the upcoming of the event on friday a few items are ganna drop in price.. well more then a few.. Give me your guys opinion

Schuler
Jan 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
its decent. if mat prices go down some it will be great

Zuurr
Jan 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
A few S ranks are extremely overpriced...
It annoys me a bit.

shotsfired
Jan 9, 2008, 07:47 PM
I think the search function has helped IMMENSELY!! This feature not only keeps shops honest, but it makes guys like myself who sell things below market value sell fast.

icemanh
Jan 9, 2008, 07:47 PM
Carriguine rucar .. its a nice weapon but.. its a bit up there... Also if the material's droped in price most of the Other weapons/line shields will drop in price with that so i guess thatd be nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

shotsfired
Jan 9, 2008, 07:48 PM
you cant look at specifics..... the entire market as a whole has really come down. I say again, the search function has helped alot

KamiSori
Jan 9, 2008, 08:22 PM
well im currently happy with our economy. some of the materials are waaay too expensive. i like the current state of drops for the most part too. i agree that the search by condition option has helped immensely.

im with you iceman. if theres any item i want out of this event, its a made rucar. its crazy, the [b] is like 500k and the blades are like 10+ mil.

icemanh
Jan 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
Well considering ive heard that the kan yu is ganna drop in the event (dont flame me if im wrong) Thatll kill that weapon... and the blackheart drops.. Lol just weapons dropping in price is ganna hit us kinda hard if your based off selling weapons in your shop.. SAVE ur mats sadly they'll eventually sell for more

Aviendha
Jan 9, 2008, 08:31 PM
On 2008-01-09 16:46, Zuurr wrote:
A few S ranks are extremely overpriced...
It annoys me a bit.

Overpriced for how good they are, not for how rare they are. The 'overpriced' items are expensive not because of the economy, but because of the droprate on V1 missions.

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 08:39 PM
give some examples of prices

TheTofuShop
Jan 9, 2008, 08:43 PM
some pricing is just ridiculous, but for the most part, Its not all that bad.

elshaw27
Jan 9, 2008, 08:44 PM
we all know how the economy crashed because of 1up... S ranks become stupidly cheap beause everyone has them and is trying to sell them, and generally the lower rank weapons of the same type decreace along with them. (in the real world we call this inflation) its that whole supply and demand thing.
The economy as of now is getting much better, how ever i have a feeling that this new event with do the same thing as 1up did and our improving economy will fall back to ground zero. which is too bad...

elshaw27
Jan 9, 2008, 08:49 PM
On 2008-01-09 17:39, drankakeg wrote:
give some examples of prices

examples of what overpriced items? well the kan yu is an obvious one... same power and basicly allround stats of the soda riban but 50mil instead of 1mil...it is achually a good thing the kan yu will come out in the event because it is not an item really worth your time finding... better off hunting for an agito repca.

oh and im just basing the kan yu in event info off ice manh SO YOU'D BETTER NOT BE WRONG!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elshaw27 on 2008-01-09 17:54 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Jan 9, 2008, 08:57 PM
I really dont see much of a change because of the event. Most 10*'s that drop in the event are already stupid easy to get in the AotI missions. The only thing we might see is just some of the rare 11* weapons from V1 missions. I doubt they will go below 20 mil because...well...V1 boss boxes = LOL. Also Carriguine-Rucar wont drop in price either. I checked PSUpedia and it seems there arent any Carriguine in the event.

elshaw27
Jan 9, 2008, 09:14 PM
true enough about a few 10* weps but there definatly will be a significant drop... it does depend in some ways about what will drop... for example one item that will commonly drop in the max attack is the ank dedda. ank dedda prices will fall dramatically but since there are other S rank axes out there (not to mention ones that can come in different elements) it will drop even less since the demand might not be so high (if the 110s dont want em who will?). so like the crimson and two-headed ragnus they will become noob weps...

Bliven
Jan 9, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-01-09 17:44, elshaw27 wrote:
we all know how the economy crashed because of 1up... S ranks become stupidly cheap beause everyone has them and is trying to sell them, and generally the lower rank weapons of the same type decreace along with them. (in the real world we call this inflation) its that whole supply and demand thing.
The economy as of now is getting much better, how ever i have a feeling that this new event with do the same thing as 1up did and our improving economy will fall back to ground zero. which is too bad...

Wow.... In the real world we call this inflation? Do you not know what inflation is? Inflation INCREASES prices....
Also, I don't think the event should have too much of an impact on prices of boss box drops. People don't seem to realize, those items drop so rarely it's dumb. Like yay, I get a rattlesnake every 1000 runs! Now... I get one every 500 runs. yay...

SolomonGrundy
Jan 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
The only issue as I see it are A rank materials. On any given day you cannot find resins, or ebons for sale at lower than NPC prices.

When you think about the amout of people who play this game, and the rate at which these materials fall, it seems strange to me that this is the case. Bottom line? There are folks who make thier meseta buying up all these underpriced materials, and either reselling them at 1 meseta under NPC prices, or worse, OVER NPC prices.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I suspect no - but I hope that eventually the supply of these resins and ebons will outstrip demand and prices fall.

blkbeast
Jan 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
this event should help more den hurt like now befo 1up cup and aotl 1-5mil wuz alot of money now for a good wep/mat/line itd be 5-10mil plus "im talkin 11 star an above 10 stars all unless beastly % should be under 1mil..."
maxed out mesta 999999999 is already here...its only a matter of time befo greed and ebay futher destory this economy of the game...for the 360 at least

elshaw27
Jan 9, 2008, 09:48 PM
On 2008-01-09 18:29, Bliven wrote:

On 2008-01-09 17:44, elshaw27 wrote:

Wow.... In the real world we call this inflation? Do you not know what inflation is? Inflation INCREASES prices....
Also, I don't think the event should have too much of an impact on prices of boss box drops. People don't seem to realize, those items drop so rarely it's dumb. Like yay, I get a rattlesnake every 1000 runs! Now... I get one every 500 runs. yay...

oh srry i ment deflation... my b

Telina
Jan 9, 2008, 10:08 PM
gotta love the people trying to make money by scalping all of their equips early...like they're fooling anyone. But looking at the meseta drop per mission, i'd bet on the value of meseta droping a lot, but it still cracks me up because people read the 250% drop increase and then see the boss drops and put the two together. which is not the case, the boss drops won't benefit from this, but they will be doubled in number.

search for a psycho wand on the 360 servers, lol everyone is trying to scalp theirs in hopes of aquiring another wand to grind up even better than the first one. its amazing seeing so many 7/7, 8/8 and 4/4 psycho wands lol.

-Tidus_415-
Jan 9, 2008, 10:16 PM
On 2008-01-09 19:08, Telina wrote:
gotta love the people trying to make money by scalping all of their equips early...like they're fooling anyone. But looking at the meseta drop per mission, i'd bet on the value of meseta droping a lot, but it still cracks me up because people read the 250% drop increase and then see the boss drops and put the two together. which is not the case, the boss drops won't benefit from this, but they will be doubled in number.

search for a psycho wand on the 360 servers, lol everyone is trying to scalp theirs in hopes of aquiring another wand to grind up even better than the first one. its amazing seeing so many 7/7, 8/8 and 4/4 psycho wands lol.

I know right lol. Im so close to getting a certain 11* v1 weapon for cheap before the event. It'll be too late when the seller realizes "oh shit boss boxes still suck!"

Africa
Jan 9, 2008, 11:05 PM
the 360 economy is really bad right now . it has been iffy but as long as it's not a high end tech weapon like a gaozoran or psycho wand it's mainly cheap. the market is really iffy because the ppl who resale items if ppl recall gaozoran rod (mat) used to cost 250k before 1 up and now they run well over 2 mil. in other words the economy is bad because many weapons cost more to make than to sell or what it would cost to buy one.

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 12:00 AM
I vote good,becuase its pretty much good,not really perfect though.

what's really rare is priced as such,and whats common is being priced as such. dori boards are so damn common because people are doing nothing but white beast,so theyre dirt cheap. yamata misakis are 10x less expensive than grand crosses because of the same reason. the economy is fine but it would benefit GREATLY if people realized that there are other things to do in the game besides white beast.

catilium is still a little off the wall if you ask me,but to some extent that's how it should be considering the boards are now much more common than they used to be. something has to be a little challenging about these S rank weapons if finding the boards has become a cinch.

everything at this very moment is a little kooky because of the upcoming event and the fact that everybody is starting to sell stuff..myself included..but thats fine. the market is going to be shaken up bigtime by this event but whatever,thats wat events will do.

other than human stupidity,which has plagued the 360 servers since day 1,the economy is fine. once people branch out of white beast things will be totally fine.this event should be interesting though....with the lack of a bonus mission,while all drop rates are increased,its still kinda sketchy and theres no tremendous guarantee like there was with the EX missions. while yeah I bet there will be lots of rares flying around I do also think that its gonna balance things out somewhat because its going to be rares from all over the game,not just the pavilion of air on neudaiz.

@ africa - (first and foremost,gao mats ran for 250k because they were practically useless before so many boards were dropping during 1up. natural drops of gaozoran boards are extremely rare. prices sank that low because people just wanted to get rid of the fuckin things cus noone wanted them.) gaozoran rods and psycho wands are priced ridiculously high because theyre extremely rare. go find 7 gaozoran mats and a board and get back to me. then go find a pwand board and the 30 diads and 10 relic edges..yeah,you arent hunting all of that. so youll have to buy it all. those mats arent particularly common,(although motherbrain does drop diads a decent amount) so theyre expensive,as they should be. there has to be some kinda prestige associated with rare items or else they really arent very presitgious at all now are they. if EVERYBODY had every single rare they wanted what would be the point of playing?

there's got to be a handful of things that are priced ridiculously high because noone hunts them so that makes them even rarer than they actually are. this event is going to shift everybodys focus out of white beast and motherbrain and back to the entire game. so while rares will kinda flood the market again it wont be like 1up where its a certain 5 rares that flood the market per week,this time its going to be much nicer and balanced. nothing will be too concentrated,so I think while its going to go a bit haywire,the economy is fine now and will benefit even more from this event coming up.

Midicronica
Jan 10, 2008, 12:58 AM
The fact that I can find 34%+ elemental 8* or 9* weapons all the time for about 50-100k (and sometimes with a decent number of grinds) all the time is enough for me.

I like the prices on force weapon materials, because I don't need them and I can sell them whenever I need some quick cash. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Crokar-
Jan 10, 2008, 01:47 AM
the economy has always been distorted by events / popular missions. thats just the way it is

Africa
Jan 10, 2008, 03:55 AM
hey majan i actually did hunt after that stuff i got my gaozoran rod and only lack the psycho wand board to make the weapon.the diads actually dropped in price to about what they used to be. All i was was trying to state is that some rare weapons are overpriced to make and others are extremely cheap for what they are made . most ppl barring them being techers or gunners have what they want at the moment as far as weapons. the true rares remain rare as always until they drop in an new mission then they nosedive in value.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 10, 2008, 04:31 AM
Somebody is selling an Agito Repca for 22 mil that is 8/8 grinds. I'd call that AWESOME.

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
its not to bad at the moment, the only thing i cant understand is how some materials are more expensive then the completed weapons they are used to make.

Economy isnt bad its just changing, i think the luck and event is going to throw it out for a little while but after that it will sort itself out again.

amtalx
Jan 10, 2008, 09:04 AM
On 2008-01-10 05:52, Lineek wrote:
its not to bad at the moment, the only thing i cant understand is how some materials are more expensive then the completed weapons they are used to make.

It depends on what you put the material in. If you are using Catilium to make a Ragnus than the sum of the parts will be more than the whole...but then you'd be stupid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You'll actually get a return if you put it in a Muktengek or something.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 09:06 AM
Markets change as supply and demand change. It's simple. I think the introduction of conditional search has done wonders. Hard to find and in demand items cost a lot. Easy to find and relatively unwanted items do not. Some items might be overpriced relative to demand, but if the sellers don't feel motivated to sell, then the prices will remain high until some supplier is so motivated.

If you don't like the cost of mats like resins and ebons. Go hunt them. And if you're too impatient to do so...

Get over it.

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 09:11 AM
The economy seems pretty good to me. I've managed to trick out my Acrofighter with a bunch or 9* star weps with 20 ish 30 ish % elementals and few grinds on them. Man, I've even purchased myself a few S ranks already and my highest level dood is only 60. (O'-')>

Sekani
Jan 10, 2008, 09:14 AM
Resins and ebons still being priced over NPC is inexcusable.

Other than that, I noticed people like to pay for potential. Finished weapons cost less than the materials to make them, 4/10 weapons cost more than 7/7 ones.

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2008, 09:44 AM
Need 'completely random' option, because one day something will be 100k, next day 2mil, then back to 400k, then 5mil.

Like Black Hearts (Unit), they used to be 2mil-ish.
Now they are randomly 8mil o.o

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 11:05 AM
Markets fluctuate.

get over it.

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 11:21 AM
On 2008-01-10 06:04, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-01-10 05:52, Lineek wrote:

It depends on what you put the material in. If you are using Catilium to make a Ragnus than the sum of the parts will be more than the whole...but then you'd be stupid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You'll actually get a return if you put it in a Muktengek or something.

oh yeah sweets i understand that as raggy's are a dime a dozen, im meaning like the carriguine blades being sold for like 40 50 mil (pc/ps2) yet if i search for carriguine rucor there are completed ones for 25 mil. just dont make sense......

still thats how it is i guess

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
On 2008-01-10 06:06, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Markets change as supply and demand change. It's simple. I think the introduction of conditional search has done wonders. Hard to find and in demand items cost a lot. Easy to find and relatively unwanted items do not. Some items might be overpriced relative to demand, but if the sellers don't feel motivated to sell, then the prices will remain high until some supplier is so motivated.

If you don't like the cost of mats like resins and ebons. Go hunt them. And if you're too impatient to do so...

Get over it.

i hunt all my matts hun thank you and im talking about proper rare mats and rare S weps.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
On 2008-01-10 08:22, Lineek wrote:
i hunt all my matts hun thank you and im talking about proper rare mats and rare S weps.

sugar you confuzed me.

Davot
Jan 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
On 2008-01-09 18:14, elshaw27 wrote:
true enough about a few 10* weps but there definatly will be a significant drop... it does depend in some ways about what will drop... for example one item that will commonly drop in the max attack is the ank dedda. ank dedda prices will fall dramatically but since there are other S rank axes out there (not to mention ones that can come in different elements) it will drop even less since the demand might not be so high (if the 110s dont want em who will?). so like the crimson and two-headed ragnus they will become noob weps...

We will most likely not get MaG,unless 1up feels like sponsoring another event on a game they didnt rate good.