PDA

View Full Version : is the tech diffrance betwine newman and human big?

chaostroop3
Jan 10, 2008, 12:09 AM
i have a level 81 human and i was wondering if the tech diffrance betwine the two very notaceable? if it is i will have to start a new char..........

gryphonvii
Jan 10, 2008, 12:15 AM
not to much, a 110 Ft 15 human only has around 200 or so less tp than a newman FT15, and in all reality that isn't that much, kinda like comparing cast and beast fortefighter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gryphonvii on 2008-01-09 21:15 ]</font>

Telina
Jan 10, 2008, 12:25 AM
i'm not sure your choice of weapons, but don't forget that the halarods are newman only. and its noticeable and will only get a larger gap.

gryphonvii
Jan 10, 2008, 12:36 AM
grind up some how rods, not too hard to do, and pray very very VERY hard you get lucky enough to get at least one kazarod, but even then, as long as you get your techs up nobody will even notice. I mean I've seen cast fortetechers do well, the only time I notice they're cast is when they use a SUV and we're like " holy @!#$ our techer's a cast!"

Telina
Jan 10, 2008, 12:41 AM
yea, its easy to get replacements for halarods, but i just thought i'd bring that up. I'd suck to get excited to change characters and realize your three or four halarods are useless to them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

unicorn
Jan 10, 2008, 12:51 AM
Chao Staff. A-rank rod.

A Chao Staff 5/10 is greater than a Halarod at 10/10.

Oh and A-ranks grind easier.

mvffin
Jan 10, 2008, 01:18 AM
too bad chao staff isn't out for another couple months, but it IS that awesome.

Miren
Jan 10, 2008, 01:50 AM
The tech difference between newman and human isnt huge, however, there is a BIG difference between the size of newman's ears compare to human's ears.

unicorn
Jan 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
Beasts have can have bigger ears than Newmans. Thats why they make better techers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-01-09 22:53 ]</font>

Genoa
Jan 10, 2008, 01:56 AM
The trade off of humans compared to newmans are slim really.
Humans have some more HP, ATP, and DFP while Newmans have some more MST, TP, and EVP.
The REAL difference is that Newmans should have more hybrid class bonus' ... Especially Acrotecher, that makes me angry >=0

Oh, and if your Human is a Fortetecher, than a Newman Fortetecher will have a decent amount of TP over you, seeing there's a Newman Bonus for FT.

_K1_
Jan 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
For Fortetecher, the TP stats are close... as long as the Newman is at least 25 levels lower than the Human. The DFP and HP increase of the Human are negligible (about 6 more DFP at 110/15). For Acrotecher, the difference won't matter so much because the class's melee capabilities can provide most of your damage, and Humans will outdo Newmans at that.

I wouldn't delete a level 81 human to remake a Newman, but if you have a free slot, you can always play around with a new character. The winter event will be great for that.

Minamo
Jan 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
Actually what a newman FT really better than a human FT is that he/she will not be killed by a megid ball (damage 0) in colony 4F but a human will. LOL

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2008, 04:32 PM
Not always, I rearely die from megid, even on S2, and I'm a human.
I've played as a techer before on my human main and he does great, not the best, but good enough that you wont notice that much of a difference, except my techs all suck cuz I rarely play force. lol

Minamo
Jan 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
"Damage 0" means no effect. If you got a damage (even 1) you may be killed by the special effectiveness.

Anyway, if you wear a really high % armor, you can probably got damage 0.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 10, 2008, 05:51 PM
Well, there's obviously a difference in TP of Newmans and Humans the same way there's a difference in the ATP of Beasts and Humans, but race should always be the last thing you think about when making your character in terms of stats, so go ahead and keep your Human Techer.

RemiusTA
Jan 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
Damage difference is noticable imo.

In the future, Humans may get items to catch up to newmans in terms of teching strength, but unless its race specific it will only make the gap WIDER.

Just be happy you'll survive way longer as a human than a newman. In that aspect, i believe its balanced out.

Humans really are good at everything.

Btw, its D I F F E R E N C E.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-10 14:55 ]</font>

Aviendha
Jan 10, 2008, 05:56 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:35, Minamo wrote:
"Damage 0" means no effect. If you got a damage (even 1) you may be killed by the special effectiveness.

I doubt that this is possible anymore with the changes to armor, but I'm sure Pillan will show up to correct me if I'm wrong.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 10, 2008, 06:36 PM
FT is the ONLY job that newmans are supreme in. Let them have it, for the love of pete.

the difference in damage for the other 2 tech jobs is negligible, and be benefit in HP, and ATP is worth it, IMO

_K1_
Jan 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:55, RemiusTA wrote:
In the future, Humans may get items to catch up to newmans in terms of teching strength, but unless its race specific it will only make the gap WIDER.

Just be happy you'll survive way longer as a human than a newman. In that aspect, i believe its balanced out.
Male Human FTs have a whopping 57 more HP and 7 more DFP than male Newmans with level and job capped. Both have the survivability of a wet paper bag.

Humans will also never catch up to Newmans in teching... that would sort of defeat the point for both races.

rogue_robot
Jan 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
On 2008-01-09 22:52, super_luu wrote:
Beasts have can have bigger ears than Newmans. Thats why they make better techers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-01-09 22:53 ]</font>

So with Ear 5, does that mean Caseals are the best techers of all?

[/sarcasm]

On topic... Just go with whatever race suits you better. I'm a huge CAST/Newman fan, myself. If you prefer humans, that's alright. As has already been said by many people, the difference, while numerically noticeable, isn't actually all that significant.

...and back off topic - I really wish Newmans would share their secrets with CASTs. It kinda sucks to watch a CAST techer do so little compared to the others, while Newman-built battle bots come close to outdoing the Newmans themselves with techs...

DAMASCUS
Jan 11, 2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, the twine in France is a really big deal. Thats where it was invented, duh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pillan
Jan 11, 2008, 01:19 AM
On 2008-01-10 14:51, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, there's obviously a difference in TP of Newmans and Humans the same way there's a difference in the ATP of Beasts and Humans, but race should always be the last thing you think about when making your character in terms of stats, so go ahead and keep your Human Techer.

It's ironic that you chose that comparison, since the relative gap between human and Newman TP is about the same as the gap between human and Beast ATP (the ATP gap is a bit smaller due accuracy).

So if you get frustrated when a Beast hits those big numbers and you don't, you should really consider a Newman force since it's about the same thing.

EDIT:

On 2008-01-10 14:56, Aviendha wrote:
I doubt that this is possible anymore with the changes to armor, but I'm sure Pillan will show up to correct me if I'm wrong.

How did I miss that?

But, yeah, I don't really do Newmans, so I don't know how high their MST gets with high element armor. It doesn't sound far-fetched, but I would be skeptical if someone claimed that effect worked on 110+ mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-10 22:39 ]</font>

Tsavo
Jan 11, 2008, 01:27 AM
On 2008-01-10 14:56, Aviendha wrote:

On 2008-01-10 13:35, Minamo wrote:

While the armor %'s have defenitely been tweaked I still take no damage from megid on unsafe passage S2 with my newm ft(85/9). Slap on a good dark armor and you'll be alright.

As far race goes, go with what works for you. I'd think it a pain to raise a whole new character for a few points but whatever. Should you choose to raise a newm techer now would be the time with the winter event arriving.