PDA

View Full Version : bogga danga vs rensan sedan-ga

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 12:11 AM
I like bogga danga because its got a nice first combo,it flinches and kinda knocks back so its good against enemies that are fairly powerful. the rest of the skill is good too but I like that first combo it sets up nice for the rest of the skill. then again,rensan sedanga overall seems like it might be more useful to me. what do you guys think overall is better off? is there a nice flinch and knockback in the first combo of rensan?

thanks

Hath_Wrobo
Jan 10, 2008, 12:17 AM
Bogga Danga
-Haven't used it in the expansion, so I dont know the damage
-Good knock back and can hit a decent amount of enemies

I would go with Twin claw PA though
- Last combo is very powerful
- first combo hit, hits 4 times, but only one enemy also hit very quickly
- Does not knockback, so very good against keeping enemies together

If you want to hit a lot of enemies and have some knockback, bogga danga is good. If you want quick attacks and no knockback until the end of the combo, twin claw pa. Its really a matter of preference really. My suggestion, get both if you want to use both gloves and twin claws, but if you are choosing one over the other, it will depend on what other weapons you use, and if you need more knockback or more group hits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2008-01-09 21:22 ]</font>

gryphonvii
Jan 10, 2008, 12:20 AM
I think he is talking about the store bought claw PA b/c the ultimate is called seshou ga, not seidan ga, unless you were saying he should ignore that one and go with the ultimate., I'd go with the store bought on but thats just me,

beatrixkiddo
Jan 10, 2008, 12:22 AM
On 2008-01-09 21:17, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
-Its ultimate, so it has to be at least better than an initial photon art

Rensan is the storebought PA, I believe. But just know that you are VERY VERY wrong in this assumption.

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 12:23 AM
Rensan is awesome.

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 12:29 AM
so the first combo of rensan only hits 1 target? that sucks.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah but it's not too bad for single-target damage, when JA'd. It's good for things like Komazli that you don't want to knock around.

Oniko
Jan 10, 2008, 12:46 AM
Which Twin Claw PA are you talking about? >.> Rensan senshou-ga? or Renzan Seidan-ga? You seem to have combined their names. Does this mean you can combine the two PA's, to create a new PA!? =O

Either way, I still am not sure I understand why you can't just get...both. >.> Knuckles and Claws are different weapons, so it isn't as though one prevents you from using the other.

Rensan I have no experience with.

Bogga Danga is fun, it starts nice, the second combo is alright and pretty powerful, and the third combo I thought I wouldn't like at first, but actually it's a lot of fun and quite potent. It's disadvantage is that it does a lot of knocking around(can be an advantage depending.) so you have to watch when you use it, and the first hit of the final combo rarely connects since the second combo knocks enemies away, but with enough enemies you can turn it quite easily.

Renzan is powerful. As of AoI, it's pretty much TOO powerful(not quite Majarra powerful, and not Chikki powerful, but still strong) the first part has a nice quick four hits, the second knocks up, and down(not back) and the final, while it has very short range, is one very powerful hit which knocks back. It's less situational due to the lack of mass knocking around, but also only hits one targets on the first part, but the target number increases after that(two I believe?). It's great for fast killing, and it's much faster to JA than majarra if you want quick damage.(plus so much more awesome when used with kitty/snowy/bear claws, cause those rock-nya!=^.~=)

If you could truly only have one for some absurd reason like the mafia will hunt you down if you pick two, Renzan. Otherwise get both for the fun factor. =P

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 10, 2008, 05:19 AM
Bogga Danga = sparklies!!!

Weeaboolits
Jan 10, 2008, 05:52 AM
Bogga Danga is awesome sparkling lunge of death, how can you not want that?

Angelo
Jan 10, 2008, 06:19 AM
I remember when I started this game my character used knuckles.

This was back when Photon Arts were capped at level 20.

I thought Bogga Danga was so badass and went with my kickboxing concept....

...Then it hit 21.

I use Swords now.

ChaoticBurst
Jan 10, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-01-10 03:19, Angelo wrote:
I remember when I started this game my character used knuckles.

This was back when Photon Arts were capped at level 20.

I thought Bogga Danga was so badass and went with my kickboxing concept....

...Then it hit 21.

I use Swords now.

i lol'd

But realy, rensan as been amasingly buffed in aoti

Gunslinger-08
Jan 10, 2008, 09:22 AM
where's the bogga zubba option? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2008, 09:24 AM
You need both skills. Danga's better for fighting a lot of monsters... Renzan Seidan-ga is better for piling damage on a single target, with some fast crowd control follow-ups in case the situation changes.

gryphonvii
Jan 10, 2008, 09:44 AM
the final hit of renzan hits three targets

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
TOUGH choice. The three PA's you're talking about (or could be talking about?) are actually my three favorite. But, personally, I'd take the two twin claw skills (renzan and rensan) before danga, but they're all good.

RACast_Raiden
Jan 10, 2008, 01:24 PM
Bogga Danga gives you a chance to evade attacks while looking good at it...its one of the most fun PA for Knuckles that does decent damage imo.

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 01:30 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:24, RACast_Raiden wrote:
Bogga Danga gives you a chance to evade attacks while looking good at it...its one of the most fun PA for Knuckles that does decent damage imo.

They're all fun. I used to hate knuckles (not sure why now), but I warmed up to them and love em'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
beleive me Im not prejudice against bogga zubba,but Im basically trying to associate PAs but function. I have tornado dance which is just like zubba. Im trying to limit the amount of strike PAs I use so that I can level up a select few rather than having a huge amount that just having a couple at a lower level.
the charging action in bogga danga and the first combo of rensan is what Im talking about like if you have ab unch of enemies charging at you how bogga danga can kinda use that first combo to push back a little,I was wondering if rensan was the same way.(and yes I am talking about rensan seidan-ga,the one with the hadoken at the end.) though I think i am going to decide against both and go for hishou jinren-zan since fighgunner will get more out of it because they get S twin daggers. anyone advise against that?

Oniko
Jan 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:31, majan wrote:
the charging action in bogga danga and the first combo of rensan is what Im talking about like if you have ab unch of enemies charging at you how bogga danga can kinda use that first combo to push back a little,I was wondering if rensan was the same way.(and yes I am talking about rensan seidan-ga,the one with the hadoken at the end.) though I think i am going to decide against both and go for hishou jinren-zan since fighgunner will get more out of it because they get S twin daggers. anyone advise against that?

Use a Z when talking about Renzan please, it's so much easier to remember renZan is the store PA, and renSan is the ult PA than learning the entire names. =.=

I'd advise against Hishou for this purpose. It's absolutely nothing like the other two PA's and not even remotely as useful. If you want a knock-up PA, Rising Crush will still work better usually as it can move a lot more and has an easier time getting all hits to connect(if S's are a concern, fighgunner gets S twin saber as well). I don't dislike Hishou, but it's probably the least useful of all the twin dagger PA's, it's just too situational(Especially now than Renga took its boss killer purpose).

Of Renzan and Bogga for pushing groups back, Bogga will do better, Renzan won't be able to do that well until the second combo. Booga's movement also allows it to hit more targets between those three hits, while Renzan is stuck hitting only one until the second portion. Renzan is still a great PA, just not for this purpose.

Still don't get the need to be so selective, get them all! Try them all! Give the ones you don't like to alts! XD

desturel
Jan 10, 2008, 03:41 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:31, majan wrote:
beleive me Im not prejudice against bogga zubba,but Im basically trying to associate PAs but function. I have tornado dance which is just like zubba. Im trying to limit the amount of strike PAs I use so that I can level up a select few rather than having a huge amount that just having a couple at a lower level.

I prefer zubba to TD. It has knock up instead of knock back so it's more group friendly. It has a highter PA modifier (260% attack vs 220% at level 30). It has a better accuracy at level 30 (90% vs 75%). It doesn't costs less PP (27 vs 33) and it doesn't require any PA frags.

Hrith
Jan 10, 2008, 03:46 PM
lol, Renga is far behind Hishou in damage, and Rising Crush even more.