PDA

View Full Version : Every rare enemy SUCKS.

Powder Keg
Jan 10, 2008, 08:35 AM
I was lucky and randomly hit a rare Sleeping Warriors map (S2) last night on the first run. I thought "this is cool" to myself because I could get something awesome or potential trade-bait.

I expected the rappies to drop junk, yep, all three dropped feathers.

Then I get to the Orgdus (they're actually easier than Svaltus), and ALL FOUR OF THEM drop meseta.

Bullshit. If there's one thing I hate in this game it's how rare enemies are incredibly rare and yet their rate for dropping their items is the same if not worse. That makes no sense whatsoever. Just pile this onto the 40-some Jaggos I've bumped into with no Giga/bullet and I'm probably at about 30+ rappies now. Stuff like this has to be fixed.

If a bunch of Lutus Jiggas don't drop Kan Yu boards in this event on a fair basis, I'm gonna be pissed.

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah, it's kinda bullshit how some rare monsters are nearly impossible to come across, yet they have the same rare drops as normal enemies, which is impossible enough in v1. I've been playing for well over a year now and I have never seen an Orgdus OR a Lutus Jigga.

I completely agree that rare weapons should stay rare, but it gets to a point where it's just retarded.

amtalx
Jan 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
I think the 15*s should be near unattainable, but the crap we are hunting now should be dropping more. Of course that only works if we actually have access to a decent portion of the content...

Powder Keg
Jan 10, 2008, 09:01 AM
I've bumped into Lutus Jigga once, I don't remember clearly because it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure they dropped meseta on S. That was the first set of Orgdus I've ran into. And you wouldn't believe how many times I've done that mission.

It's funny, I can have a Psycho Wand board drop, but other things that are or should be potentially easier? Nah.

I'm sure a couple of these things will improve when new content/new difficulties are released, but I think rare enemies should be re-evaluated.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
My only guess on how SEGA might have planned (keyword might) ahead kinda like they did in PSO. In PSO, I rarely found a weapon (for my class) that I could not use when I found it in ultimate mode (around 95+ for me.) The drop rates on Special Weapons in Very Hard were terribly low. When you got to Ultimate, they were disgustingly high. Higher level missions might offer better drop rates. . . Possibly.

DemiGT
Jan 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
if rare monsters had good drop rates, everyone and their mom would have the rares they drop. have you ever actually hunted a rare monster before? its easy as hell to get them to spawn...

Powder Keg
Jan 10, 2008, 07:38 PM
On 2008-01-10 15:13, DemiGT wrote:
if rare monsters had good drop rates, everyone and their mom would have the rares they drop. have you ever actually hunted a rare monster before? its easy as hell to get them to spawn...

It's easy to get rappies and jaggos, but that's about it.

Otherwise, no. finding 30-40 of those with no results = unacceptable.

Ithildin
Jan 12, 2008, 08:23 AM
Well I "piped" for the rare Sleeping Warriors map for Hard / Power Charge and it really didn't take that long at all. The Orgdus dropped one of the units where as in a friend's game they dropped two HPCs... Rare enemies/weps, units etc are rare for a reason, so we don't all bloody have them and thus to ensure the longevity of the game...

Powder Keg
Jan 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
So far:

6 Lutus Jigga. No Kan Yu board. 250% drop increase? lol....

I've however seen multiple Ank Dedda drops from Darbelans, and (finally) a Giga/Bullet drop from a Jaggo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-01-12 09:54 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jan 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
Ah it reminds me of the 'photon drop' days from pso.

darkante
Jan 14, 2008, 02:44 AM
Dear Darbelan monster...

Instead of giving a shitty axe, please give this poor guardian your Black Heart when i eredicate your evil soul.

Yours sincerely...Guardian Hunter Silent Sinner.