PDA

View Full Version : New Japanese Dengeki Cup info

EspioKaos
Jan 10, 2008, 11:11 AM
This week's issue of Dengeki PlayStation revealed more details (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080110b.html) on Japan's next big event, the Dengeki Cup. This event is scheduled to run between February and March; five different event missions are planned. Here are the types of missions we'll be seeing:

Party mission
Works like a normal party mission. Any party can have between one to six players, of course the more the better. There will be multiple paths that can be taken which will require the team to split up.

Racing mission
Vehicle races! It says the vehicle(s) that will be used has not been confirmed, but that three modes of play are under consideration: one-on-one time attack, party race and free play.

Quiz & puzzle mission
Basically, you'll be asked questions, and if you answer correctly, you'll get a prize.

Versus mission
Player vs. player. Final details have not been confirmed, but it's said that action will be taken to put players on an even field. (Was it C-mode in PSO that reduced everyone to LV1 and gave them basic equipment? If so, I wouldn't be shocked if that's what's done here.) Anyway, different modes are being considered such as one-on-one and an all out brawl.

Survival mission
Think Endless Nightmare. Basically, players are thrown into an arena and the enemies start rolling in. As enemies are defeated, their LV and ATP continually increase, though their HP will begin to go down. If a player is incapacitated during the battle, they'll be taken out of the arena while their companions continue to fight. It's said that item drops will increase in rarity as the enemies get more and more difficult. Also, the enemy lineup will be changed on a weekly basis.

Special event items
A few items to look forward to from this event include Bukra Dengeki (wand) and Electro Heart (extra unit). They say that there will be a striking weapon, line shield and another unit released for the event, though their names are not given.

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
P motherfucking V P!

As always Espio your the man!

Lemme go change my drawers now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-10 08:15 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jan 10, 2008, 11:15 AM
It's just an event mission, though, so it may not stick around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah but who knows, it just might!

(begins wishful thinking)

JAFO22000
Jan 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
And now the pro-PVPers have fuel for their fire. Great....

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
Kewl!

When do US servers get this?

gib nao!

RadiantLegend
Jan 10, 2008, 11:23 AM
oh snap.... pvp is unleashed.

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 11:26 AM
I don't see why people wouldn't want more options in a game they already play. If they don't plan on using it, okay no skin of your back. Plus this is most likely Sega's experiment on weather or not to implement this mode or not. If the community feels strongly against it then most likely we'll never see it again.

But thats besides the point. This is looking to be a sweet freaking event. Endless Nightmare missions where my favorite to run on PSO especially the Mines. Endless Sinows. @_@ Any predictions on when us round eyes can expect this event?

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 11:26 AM
round eyes?

O.o?

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 11:27 AM
would you prefer I called us Gaijin?

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
On 2008-01-10 08:27, AC9breaker wrote:
would you prefer I called us Gaijin?

um, is that yr name or sumpin?

me=lost?

Kamiense
Jan 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
GIVE RACING NOW!

Mysterious-G
Jan 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
This actually sounds even better than Maximum Attack G.
I like the "endless nightmare" mission idea. :3

Para
Jan 10, 2008, 11:32 AM
inb4statwhores4pvp

Sounds great that SEGA did leave something up their sleave such as PVP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2008-01-10 08:33 ]</font>

Doh42
Jan 10, 2008, 11:32 AM
um, is that yr name or sumpin? "Gaijin" means foreigners, or basically (if I recall correctly) non-japanese.

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2008, 11:34 AM
Ugh...PvP...

Why SEGA? Why?

Sharon
Jan 10, 2008, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much for the information Espio. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

JAFO22000
Jan 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
On 2008-01-10 08:32, Doh42 wrote:

um, is that yr name or sumpin? "Gaijin" means foreigners, or basically (if I recall correctly) non-japanese.

Gaijin:Japan::Haole:Hawaii::stinkin' freeloadin' im-grants:Texas.

Ibuka
Jan 10, 2008, 11:40 AM
I finally can't believe it.... Battle Mode! T.T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2008-01-10 08:41 ]</font>

Mewn
Jan 10, 2008, 11:44 AM
Sounds interesting.

Bet the PvP element will be hilariously unbalanced though.

Sylpheed
Jan 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
Woot unbalanced PVP ftw! On a serious note, the survival mode sounds friggin awesome.

Krisan
Jan 10, 2008, 11:53 AM
It -all- sounds very, very fun to me. I'm happy to see they're thinking outside of the usual "run to the end of the mission" box for a change.. Hehe, haven't even got MAG yet and here I am looking forward to this one now too..

Apone
Jan 10, 2008, 11:54 AM
we gotta get this event! Ill even do some PVP...well a little... I like the race Idea and the endless nightmare type missions.

Proto07
Jan 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
I wish this would be a future update and not an event http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Telina
Jan 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thats some great news, sega is thinking out of the box and experimenting on different ideas for events. I'm liking the idea of endless nightmare missions.

And the idea that keeping any of these missions after the event is up in the air, i think its will be a great change from the linear beat-the-boss type missions.

Thanks for the post espio

chibiLegolas
Jan 10, 2008, 12:11 PM
one-on-one time attack!
I loved that time attack modes on PSO. Makes ppl buckle down and time to get serious.
Though I'd prefer if it was a co-op kinda thing.

And taking Endless Nightmare and improving on it? Awesome!

Now if only they'd release C-Mode....

Some of these missions shouldn't be special events. Lets hope they'll stick around for good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-01-10 09:12 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jan 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
Sounds cool. I could not care less for the possible pvp mission. I'd love it if they put in permanant vehicle missions....

Units as special trade items hm?...ST where the f*** is the (my) Darkness Wing?! >:-<

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2008, 12:34 PM
Oh dear, not the PvP....
*hides in uni 29*

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 12:45 PM
PvP ugh, thank god you only have to play it if you want.

I get the feeling we gonna get

"PVP with me, No... You a Fecking coward!!"

If i want pvp i play a specific pvp game CoD4 and such like.

For those guys who want PvP loks like you may get it, congrats and good for you, i just hope you dont slag off the ones who just dont want to play it...

As for the rest of it, sounds cool

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lineek on 2008-01-10 09:48 ]</font>

razkal
Jan 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
How much exp do i get for killing you??? JK, lol.

amtalx
Jan 10, 2008, 01:04 PM
On 2008-01-10 08:34, Sychosis wrote:
Ugh...PvP...

Why SEGA? Why?

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 01:16 PM
I'm happy to see they're thinking outside of the usual "run to the end of the mission" box for a change..

I support this event whole heartedly, PVP and all. (Even tho I hate PVP). I just hope some of the features will stick around permenantly, like vehicle races, after the event.

The Quiz and Puzzle missions especially excite me. As an old-school adventure gamer and PS/PSO/PSU storyline follower - this should be quite interesting.

I do think the Endless Nightmare missions might be a bit skewed though. 5 FF's and 1AT/FT will rape - especially if the AT/FT is loaded down with nothing but debuffs (for tagging mostly) and healing wands/rods so that they can dedicate themselves to being a full-time medic. Unless, that is, Sonic Team switches things up a bit and splits the party or something.

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 01:16 PM
;o Much better than I expected.

Krisan
Jan 10, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:16, Sinue_v2 wrote:

I'm happy to see they're thinking outside of the usual "run to the end of the mission" box for a change..

I support this event whole heartedly, PVP and all. (Even tho I hate PVP).
I'm glad someone is being sensible about this, rather than just bitching at PvP being present for the sake of bitching. =P Honestly, optional content never hurts, especially not in a game with as much repetitive content such as this one.. Even those who don't like PvP should appreciate the potential this update has, as Sinue and myself did.

Besides, no ones going to force of ya to play that part of the event anyway if you don't wanna.. and hell, you never know, you might even like it. =P Have to try it at least once before you can pass judgment on it. (PSU hardly is built for standard PvP, thus the rules in general should apply very differently here.. so even if you loathe PvP in other games you might like what Sega comes up with here, even if only as a time waster for a little while.)

But yea, not to get derailed too far off the course here.. I'm looking forward to those racing events and the quiz thing myself.. sounds like this'll be a very entertaining event with a little bit of everything thrown in.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 10, 2008, 01:38 PM
I'll play every mode. All of them sound fantastic.

I want tank battling in my PVP, btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-01-10 10:39 ]</font>

Aviendha
Jan 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
On 2008-01-10 08:44, Mewn wrote:
Sounds interesting.

Bet the PvP element will be hilariously unbalanced though.

mvffin
Jan 10, 2008, 02:03 PM
mmm... quiz mode and survival mode.

bleah, versus mode. = (

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2008, 02:10 PM
This all sounds excellent. PvP should be pretty fun. Can't wait to get my ass kicked XD.

Also I hope there will be Lunga races as well.

Cracka_J
Jan 10, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-01-10 09:45, Lineek wrote:
For those guys who want PvP loks like you may get it, congrats and good for you, i just hope you dont slag off the ones who just dont want to play it...

As for the rest of it, sounds cool

Exactly my thoughts. I'm not saying I won't try it if we do end up getting the event, but if it's poorly designed and unbalanced (which I'm guessing has a very high chance of happening), don't get pissed at the people who will not want to pvp. If I want to pvp, I play fighting games, etc. That's not what I play psu for. however, I will give it a shot before judging it.

I do think some sort of a 6 on 6 team (or 3 on 3...whatever) battle would be rather interesting, entertaining and fun tho. Relying on teammates to contribute to the battle, while you're doing the same for them would make a pvp system in a game like this much more enjoyable then a simple 1 on 1 fight. Considering most of us that have played the game from day 1 have dumped 1000+ hours playing a TEAM based game. To me, that just makes much more sense.

Kelvie
Jan 10, 2008, 02:22 PM
W00t.
My faith in Sega did just rise one more time from the grave ! that event sounds so awesome that it may even make me forget those ugly bamboo trees in the Haribao lobby, and that infamous Grinna bete reskin thet dare to call baranz !

Too bad they will (probably) not give us back the possibility to run normal missions in battle modes like in PSO. Ok, it was almost impossible to play correctly with some classes, but friendly fire is made of lulz.

Now, gib Challenges please !

Gunslinger-08
Jan 10, 2008, 02:26 PM
RACING! I want a hoverboard like Ethan's to race with!

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2008, 02:32 PM
Vehicle races and Endless Nightmare? Finally, new content http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif! Definitely looking forward to this.

And if you don't like PVP, you don't have to engage in it. I'll be staying out of it but I'm glad to see new ways to play PSU.

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2008, 02:34 PM
To justify my loathing of PvP, here is what I feel the three possibilities are should it become permanent

1) It's horribly unbalanced, and not fun because of it. SEGA just leaves it in and forgets about it.

2) It's extremely balanced and fun. I don't bank on this happening given PSO's foray into PvP and SEGA's inability to balance anything without breaking 2 other things.

or...and I really truly hope this never comes true:

3) It's horribly unbalanced, and not fun because of it. But SEGA actually takes time away from normal content updates in order to constantly tweak the rules to ensure some semblance of balance. Which will likely have to be done every time a new wave of PAs are released.

Numbers 1 and 2 I can live with. Number 3 is where we have some problems. No one here bought this game in the hopes that someday PvP would be added. We all enjoy the PvM aspect on some level to warrant buying the game and paying for the subscription. When you take resources away from whoever is in charge of making new missions, to test out and tweak PvP is when it starts affecting me and my fun. If ST was big enough to handle it all at once, that would be fine. But the PvM content is scarce enough as it is and ST can't even balance THAT yet.

Moonwalker
Jan 10, 2008, 02:37 PM
I can already picture the male beasts on the 360 side with their XxballinXx gamer tags...trolling the 4th floor...

*shudders

moneyman
Jan 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
hmmmm.....update seems nice, survival mission....meh i dont believe it can get harder.....SLICERS FTW!!!! PvP......hmmmmmm doesnt really seem likely but who knows maybe wel get it.....if we do then rifle flinch FTW XD

tailz
Jan 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
sychosis definitely has a point (post 43), which i think most people are completely overlooking due to sheer excitement

im not a big fan of PvP, but im all up for a new mission type - no one knows what its gonna be like, yet 99% of the people here have taken a side already on whether its gonna be amazing or horrible....

as far as we know, all the people who know they have good characters (who will be very strong in PvP) are getting all excited because they know theyll do very well - and then sega makes PvP like C-Mode, where you start at LV1 with basic equipment as espio mentioned - and then theyll get ticked off and hate it

whereas all the people who dont like PvP mainly because they know they dont have the equipment to do well will end up loving it because it gives them an equal chance

or, sega could do the smart thing and implement options - such as battle (your own equipmenta and character level) and C-Mode (sega's equipment and desired level-doesnt have to be LV1, but the same level as the opponent)

bottom line is - no one knows yet, so dont get too excited until we know more facts

i personally dont care what happens - sega has five new mission types, we're their guinea pigs, and hopefully theyll use this as a trial period and keep the popular types in the future if they prove to work out

as usual, everyone still complains about something..... *sigh*..... new event, 5 new mission types, omg what a horrible game sega, what were u thinking...

Anduril
Jan 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
Here's hoping for PvP exclusive stats and Rental Weapons and PAs!

Alizarin
Jan 10, 2008, 03:15 PM
Yay for vehicle races! Dibs on the tanks! Tank battles please?

Indica
Jan 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
On 2008-01-10 08:22, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Kewl!

gib nao!

We'll be getting it August 22nd.

LOL, we are like 2-3 Events behind Japan, how is anyone suppose to know what it's exactly comming out?

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
Quiz, pvp, survival, and the party missions, are what i would like to have now plz.

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 03:52 PM
It's horribly unbalanced, and not fun because of it. But SEGA actually takes time away from normal content updates in order to constantly tweak the rules to ensure some semblance of balance. Which will likely have to be done every time a new wave of PAs are released.

You really think Sonic Team puts that much of an effort into PSU online to begin with? You could make that same argument with half of PSU in general - like the PSO stuff. Yeah, lots of people like it. But it's cutting into the NEW content they SHOULD have been focusing on, rather than stroking off the people who never really wanted PSU to begin with - just PSO II. And considering how unbalanced parts of the game are now, why would Sonic Team waste time balancing the PVP if they're not going to put a serious effort into balanancing the game proper? God knows those vehicle race are going to only slightly less clunky than Photon Chair racing. Should they not include those because it might put more of a strain on their resources?

Overall point being, PSU is a half-assed game. We all know that. If they weren't going to be spending their time tweaking PVP, then they probably wouldn't be spending the spare time tweaking ANYTHING else at all - regardless. And it's not like they're creating new content - they're just putting up what they've already created and planned for last year before AoI even released. They've ALREADY spent their time on it, so why not impliment what's already there just waiting to be put up? If they're creating any new content at this point, then it's for the next expansion. Which we're not even sure if there is going to be one at this point. AoI might be the end of PSU for all we know, and worrying about time spent on PVP is moot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-10 12:57 ]</font>

Kelvie
Jan 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
You got a point about PSU being half-assed, but still, Sega come up with good stuff once in a while, and that event sounds like freaking epic good stuff.

Since it is useless to whine (might be the wrong word, sorry) about what is messed up, let's rejoice about what is not.

Edit : By reading your post with more attention, I noticed that it was not your point. So, sorry to be a bit off-topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kelvie on 2008-01-10 13:04 ]</font>

Neith
Jan 10, 2008, 04:02 PM
Heh, Battle Mode. Wonder how stupidly unbalanced it'll be this time around.

The rest sounds fun though- the Endless Nightmare style mission might be good fun. I'm just waiting to see how terrible the PvP is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mr_Confused
Jan 10, 2008, 04:08 PM
OMG i want this more than MAG

SirenV
Jan 10, 2008, 04:22 PM
Welll, Sinue took the words out of my mouth. It's half-assed. It's the illusion of updates. There's a reason why they're feeding us things very slowly, and anything we're receiving now has already been worked on before AOI, waiting to be trickled down our feeding tube. I'm sure they've been holding back on certain things as well so they can act like they're actually doing something to bolster the game down the line. And yes, for all we know, Part III could very well be the end of it. But we'll see...

Either way, the quiz/endless nightmare seem interesting to me in particular, expanding on the nightmare thing was a surprisingly good idea. I don't like PVP, but if it offers alternative playstyles, then good. Although I can just imagine the taunting in the lobby by some beast punk now...

Anyway, best not to hold your breath for this one... it'll most likely be awhile.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 10, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sinue is it really neccessary for every other post you make have to contain, or be a scathing diatribe against PSU & ST? It's getting old... just my 2 cents.

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 05:16 PM
"PSO IS THE WORST RACING GAME EVER!"
-- The WiLDFiRe

PALRAPPYS
Jan 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:16, AC9breaker wrote:
-- The WiLDFiRe

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

edit: To make this post worth it, let's say I really did laugh from that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2008-01-10 14:18 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Jan 10, 2008, 05:20 PM
PVP? IN MY PSU?

I really hope Sonic Team doesnt go lackluster with this, because PSU has SO Much potental for a Battle Mode.

Hopefully it'll function like a 6 player all-out player killing frenzy. (although, System lag will cause WAY more problems than Network lag this time around.)

EDIT:

And would you people shut the fuck up with all the bitching? You have no clue what they are going to do to the stats. Everything in PSU's engine is variable based anyway, so a Battle Arena would be able to temparory alter your stats anyway.

Stop being so negetive. You people bitch about everything. We dont get new content, you bitch. Games too easy? -- You bitch. We finally get new content in the form of a whole new play mode? You bitch.

"PSO RULZ PSU SUX SONIC TEAM IS FEEDING US LIES ITS BULLSHIT SONIC TEAM DOESNT CARE ABOUT US THEY FUCK EVERYTHING UP BITCHBITCHBITCHBITCH" Just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

SHUT UP. God. Get playing or get quitting already, stop the FUCKING bitching.

If its so half-assed, why are you playing it then? Go back to PSO, they spent WAY MORE TIME AND MONEY on that game. Not to mention they NEVER spoon-fed us content, and EVERYBODY was balanced.

You act like these people can make mass-changes to the game and EVERYBODY will like it and not bitch like you people are now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-10 14:34 ]</font>

bloodflowers
Jan 10, 2008, 06:49 PM
I suspect lag will break PvP and racing for people outside of NA. They're never going to resolve that unless the servers get moved to the east coast. The survival mission though - now that sounds like just my sort of thing.

pikachief
Jan 10, 2008, 07:09 PM
killer shot + Guardians ATA= over kill lol

DonRoyale
Jan 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
HOLY SHIT ENDLESS NIGHTMARE.

Hothothothothothothot.

Fuck PVP, EN for life. m/

This looks amazing...:>

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
On 2008-01-10 16:09, pikachief wrote:
killer shot + Guardians ATA= over kill lol

Heh, given how low player STA is compared to enemy's, I'm willing to bet a well-placed Megid would take out like 5 people in 1 shot XD

bp_shoruko
Jan 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
Endless nightmare type missions? HOLY SHIT!!

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 07:52 PM
And would you people shut the fuck up with all the bitching? You have no clue what they are going to do to the stats. Everything in PSU's engine is variable based anyway, so a Battle Arena would be able to temparory alter your stats anyway.

Stop being so negetive. You people bitch about everything. We dont get new content, you bitch. Games too easy? -- You bitch. We finally get new content in the form of a whole new play mode? You bitch.

"PSO RULZ PSU SUX SONIC TEAM IS FEEDING US LIES ITS BULLSHIT SONIC TEAM DOESNT CARE ABOUT US THEY FUCK EVERYTHING UP BITCHBITCHBITCHBITCH" Just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

If its so half-assed, why are you playing it then? Go back to PSO, they spent WAY MORE TIME AND MONEY on that game. Not to mention they NEVER spoon-fed us content, and EVERYBODY was balanced.

You act like these people can make mass-changes to the game and EVERYBODY will like it and not bitch like you people are now.

I really have to agree with you this time. Most people's reactions to this news have been utterly ridiculous.

Lamak
Jan 10, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sounds good. It'll be nice when we get it.

Criss
Jan 10, 2008, 08:05 PM
This whole event just cries out "new game mode experiment and public beta test". ST knows the gameplay gets repetitive and wants to add new game modes to deal with it, and so they whip up some experimental modes and send them our way in a temporary event to see how it works out. ST actually did some great improvement to PSU in AoI upon players' suggestions (at least, japanese players), so I'm pretty sure ST wouldn't permanently add any of those gamemodes until they at least satisfy the japanese community. I might be wrong, who knows, but that's how I see it.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing an english version of that event... although that would probably be another good 6 months down the road. Completely new gameplay to try out and mess around with, getting to test it out with friends, and a nice change of mind from the PA leveling and rare hunting? HEL YEH.

vfloresjr24
Jan 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
EN=Endless lvl. up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheAlphaMale
Jan 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
Meh, whatever. ST gives me something I will try it out. I play, don't bitch. If I don't like it I'll go play something else. Last time I checked this isn't the only game that came out for all the consoles ever made.

pokefiend
Jan 10, 2008, 10:28 PM
I'm really looking forward to this event. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Especially the survival mode.

On 2008-01-10 14:20, RemiusTA wrote:

I'm happy to see someone agrees with me.

My Utopia is; unless you have alot of experience in video game developing, or actually know how ST developes PSU, you have no good reason to be judgemental against Sonic Team.

I've played PSU more than any other game I've ever touched (which includes a lot of other MMOs), so Sonic Team is obviously doing something right.

Sekani
Jan 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
On 2008-01-10 16:52, Reipard wrote:

I really have to agree with you this time. Most people's reactions to this news have been utterly ridiculous.

It's my forum, I can bitch if I want to.

*insert generic haet-PVP post here*

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 10:39 PM
My Utopia is; unless you have alot of experience in video game developing, or actually know how ST developes PSU, you have no good reason to be judgemental against Sonic Team.

That's silly. That's like saying you have to be an artist to critique art. You have to be a musician to critique music. You have to be a oenologist to critique wine.

Would that mean almost none of the game reviewers out there, with and without bias, are justified in their reviews because most of them don't actually make games themselves. They just don't know what these game developers have to put up with!

Leahcim
Jan 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
Hmm... 3 v 3 Teas Pvp sounds good... Only if you use Slicers though, or Killer Shot, or Majarra lol. If not, you die. =/

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 10:44 PM

And I can find you utterly ridiculous and close minded in turn ^_^. Isn't the world a great place?

Sekani
Jan 10, 2008, 10:47 PM
On 2008-01-10 19:44, Reipard wrote:

And I can find you utterly ridiculous and close minded in turn ^_^. Isn't the world a great place?

This isn't the world, it's the internet. Stop failing.

Lykos
Jan 10, 2008, 10:53 PM
Uh.... great for JP, but it'll be ages before we get this. Considering how long it took 1up and Festa. T.T

Reipard
Jan 11, 2008, 12:26 AM
This isn't the world, it's the internet. Stop failing.

The internet and the world are one and the same. Your computer and yourself are one and the same. Your thoughts and ideas reach everyone in both worlds. Stop making our heads hurt.

SJW89
Jan 11, 2008, 12:31 AM
PvP may prove me more useful than most. -.-

pikachief
Jan 11, 2008, 01:38 AM
wow they give the OPTION of PVP and u all complain.

some of u guys should go look up what the word OPTION means lol

easy
Jan 11, 2008, 01:39 AM
On 2008-01-10 08:22, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Kewl!

gib nao!

we are not geting it like the Maximum Attack G
sega rip so of big time

ShadowDragon28
Jan 11, 2008, 01:45 AM
My predictions for when US servers get the next two major special events. IF we do ever get them....(sorry I'm kind of pessimistic..)

Maximum Attack-G March or April

US Version of "Dengeki Cup" July or August.

easy
Jan 11, 2008, 01:53 AM
April July or August WHAT!!

GET DO WE GET TILL THEN GOD SAGE SUCK

easy
Jan 11, 2008, 01:56 AM
THE INTERNET TELLS YOU THE truth ABOUT SAGE THEY RIP YOU OFF

April July or August BETTER be some new missons before then

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-01-10 22:57 ]</font>

NNEONateDogg
Jan 11, 2008, 02:04 AM
Sounds fun, I'm in for all the types of missions! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tita
Jan 11, 2008, 05:00 AM
now THIS is an event! woooooT!!!!

a shame my partner in crime will be away when this finally gets to the US though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 11, 2008, 05:23 AM
*skips everything but the first post*

Seems to me like they're on some experimental stage, giving us racing and player battles in some temporary event thing. I bet their permanency will depend on how well they're received during the event.

pokefiend
Jan 11, 2008, 07:10 AM
On 2008-01-10 19:39, Sinue_v2 wrote:

That's silly. That's like saying you have to be an artist to critique art. You have to be a musician to critique music. You have to be a oenologist to critique wine.

Would that mean almost none of the game reviewers out there, with and without bias, are justified in their reviews because most of them don't actually make games themselves. They just don't know what these game developers have to put up with!

The difference is; you're not critizing Phantasy Star Universe (one of ST's creations), you're making premature judgements about Sonic Team themselves being some lazy, incompetitent Developer.

I've never read a review (or a credited one at the very least), where a reviewer attacked a developering team's abilities with numerous insults.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2008-01-11 04:13 ]</font>

dragoon-girl
Jan 11, 2008, 08:50 AM
I can't wait. o:

But why must it just be an event.. ;-; I want it forever! ;3

Ken_Silver
Jan 11, 2008, 09:07 AM
We'll get these events when we get them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm just glad that we are actually getting cool stuff like Racing and Survival. They interest me the most. PSU is a game full of upmost suprises. And to think that people gave up on the PS series. "How do they like dem apples?"

Nuclearranger
Jan 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-01-10 14:20, RemiusTA wrote:
PVP? IN MY PSU?

I really hope Sonic Team doesnt go lackluster with this, because PSU has SO Much potental for a Battle Mode.

Hopefully it'll function like a 6 player all-out player killing frenzy. (although, System lag will cause WAY more problems than Network lag this time around.)

EDIT:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-10 14:34 ]</font>

I beleve you need to calm down. Everyone complains some times.

It's posts like this that cause problems.

Ken_Silver
Jan 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
*goes to Survival mode with 300 Guardians*

We will stand and FIGHT!!!

I swear, I'll always be there. It's a simple way to level up and more fun than some of the linear missions. Sonic Team knows how to drag their fans through the mud and then treat them to a 3 course meal afterwards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Angelo
Jan 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-01-10 22:38, pikachief wrote:

For once I agree with you, pika.

RappyChaos
Jan 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
PvP sounds pretty damn sweet! Can't wait.

AlphaDragoon
Jan 11, 2008, 06:14 PM
PVP is the abomination, but everything else sounds way awesome.

Reipard
Jan 12, 2008, 04:01 AM
The Abomination!

Shishi-O
Jan 12, 2008, 09:12 AM
On 2008-01-10 14:16, AC9breaker wrote:
-- The WiLDFiRe

i loled twice

Zekester
Jan 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
Unless they make everyone Lv.1 again, PVP will suck.

"HUNTER: IMA SLICE YOU UP WITH MEH SABER!"
"FORCE: LOLMEGIDKTHXBAI!"

Rayokarna
Jan 12, 2008, 01:00 PM
On 2008-01-12 09:52, Zekester wrote:
Unless they make everyone Lv.1 again, PVP will suck.

"HUNTER: IMA SLICE YOU UP WITH MEH SABER!"
"FORCE: LOLMEGIDKTHXBAI!"

I laughed more than I should on that one.

MrNomad
Jan 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
SURVIVAL
SURVIVAL
SURVIVAL

Sorry, but that along with all the other modes are gonna rock the dock!

Arika
Jan 14, 2008, 08:38 AM
SURVIVAL seem get my most interest, it mean u need to be stronger to get better item.
about PvP, I guess Uber 50% might become useless since ppl can keep changing armor, I guess neutral weapon might be better this time, Yay ,finally we can see more green weapon!

Sexy_Raine
Jan 14, 2008, 06:08 PM
Meh PvP. The other stuff sound good though. Don't expect this till September

NightfallG
Jan 15, 2008, 03:38 AM
"hey guys remember .hack//G.U.? let's take our game and try to make our PVP like that game! :V"

ps I fully support this <3

Tita
Jan 26, 2008, 01:00 AM
On 2008-01-11 15:14, AlphaDragoon wrote:
PVP is the abomination, but everything else sounds way awesome.

On 2008-01-12 01:01, Reipard wrote:
The Abomination!

adam vs steve

peacemaker808
Jan 26, 2008, 01:12 AM
will this be playable for the xbox in the U.S?

EspioKaos
Jan 26, 2008, 10:57 AM
When the event is released on the English servers, it will be playable on the 360 version. The upcoming Japanese version of the event will not be available outside of the Japanese PC/PS2 servers.

Sol_B4dguy
Jan 26, 2008, 07:59 PM
Whee, PvP. Might be a fun distraction with friends for a bit, then off to racing and survival for me!

pikachief
Jan 26, 2008, 09:05 PM
On 2008-01-11 12:18, Angelo wrote:

On 2008-01-10 22:38, pikachief wrote:

For once I agree with you, pika.

yay someone agrees with me!! *SSQUEEE!!!*

Lyric
Mar 1, 2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, seriously. If you don't like it, then don't play it. I'll probably give PvP a few goes, but I'll probably be addicted to the survival mission before long.

Ken_Silver
Mar 1, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-03-01 10:09, Lyric wrote:
Yeah, seriously. If you don't like it, then don't play it. I'll probably give PvP a few goes, but I'll probably be addicted to the survival mission before long.

This http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryna
Mar 1, 2008, 01:38 PM
No need to revive a thread this old. Continue Dengeki Cup discussion in this thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=170779&forum=20&39