PDA

View Full Version : Stop saying slicers are broken...

Blue-Hawk
Jan 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
Slicers are NOT broken. Anyone who played PSO knows that they are the hunters ranged weapon. Yes, I know slicers can do mass damage, but so can any other weapon. Why doesn't anyone ever complain about whips being broken? Because they aren't. I happen to love my slicer/shadoog combo. Not to mention, slicers have always been my best weapon even in the older PSO games.

Here's a nice and simple strategy you have in regards to slicers. One so simple even a brain dead, drunken, retarded Dung Beetle can follow.

DON'T USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple as that. Or use them only when soloing. Soon as a team mate stops in, change to something else.

Hey, I can complain that twin claws are broken seeing as how I see a lot of numbers from them with the PA's used. You don't like them, don't use them. And request that others don't use them either.

The only thing broken in PSU is the community that there is a severe lacking of.

Ssslither
Jan 10, 2008, 12:45 PM
I disagree with your "but so can any other weapon." comment, but It really doesn't matter. If I play with ppl using slicers it's because I want speed. If not, I don't play with ppl who use them...It's that simple.

amtalx
Jan 10, 2008, 02:15 PM
First of all, whips are not heavy damage dealers. Second, a "look in the other direction" approach doesn't fix the problem with Slicers. The problem still exists, you are just ignoring it. If a weapon is to be relegated to solo use only, don't you think there might be a balance issue? Last I checked, this is an online game intended to be played with multiple people. This weapon is ok to use...just not when anyone else is around. Thats a load of hullabaloo. If we are going so far as to ask people not to use a particular weapon, while other weapons are perfectly fine, that paints a very clear picture of 'unbalanced'.

Offline mode is balanced so you can be a one man wrecking crew. However, that is not the point of online mode.

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it's broken.

And it does affect you when you can't even tag enemies because Chikkin cleared out a room in two seconds. Then people try to act like they're "uber" at the game because all they use are Slicers.

Powder Keg
Jan 10, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think everyone will finally stop complaining about slicers when we start getting higher level enemies to fight.

Ssslither
Jan 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
No because they will still be broken...

EphekZ
Jan 10, 2008, 08:58 PM
On 2008-01-10 11:51, Artea wrote:
I think everyone will finally stop complaining about slicers when we start getting higher level enemies to fight.

if higher leveled enemies render slicers moot, then other classes are gunna have some problems..

TetsuyaHikari
Jan 10, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Slicers ARE broken...

And not every weapon can do it. When I was partying with people who had them, I couldn't even tag the enemies with my GIANT SWORD OF DOOOOOOOOOM because they kept throwing those damn batarangs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The DPS is TOTALLY different. When they were using them, they thought they were "1337", when really..they're just using a broken weapon and having fun taking advantage of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

But..of course...the people who are using them will never admit that they are broken, because they see nothing wrong with doing "big numberz!!!11111111".

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 10:38 PM
Slicers need them some nerfin'. Better grind the nerfin' wheel and play the nerfin' song.

Let's get nerfy!

kanashii
Jan 13, 2008, 05:07 PM
i think that slicers are not broken they are just a good wepon for low level people to get a hit on all the enemies if your party preference is with higer lvl people such as. lvl 10 with lvl 30 group

Broodstar1337
Jan 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
Slicers aren't broken.

Chikki is.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2008, 10:16 PM
On 2008-01-13 19:13, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Slicers aren't broken.

Chikki is.

Well said. Slicer's alone aren't that great, they're kinda lame. They barely hit three targets in a tightly packed mob at best. Chikki does all the real work.

DizzyDi
Jan 13, 2008, 10:22 PM
They're still pretty broken even without chikki. A ranged weapon that doesn't need PP given to a class that has a HYOOOOOG ATT advantage? Not only that, but once you master JA with it (which is not that hard) you don't even have to worry about running out of PP.

thunder-ray
Jan 14, 2008, 05:34 AM
For the record yes slicers are broken period the end!