PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 12:59 PM
Im slightly a fool for this,but I havent been following the campaigns all too closely because Im mainly waiting for the big debates to get the DL on everybody cus thats the only time youll really get to see them talk and deal with things in a remotely real way.

but while I'm not much of a liberal,something about this fella strikes me and I have a feeling that if it came down to Hillary and him, Im rootin Obama. I'm rootin Mccain regardless,but I have a hunch that the republicans are just fucked in this election. so if I gotta take the democrats side, I think Im going Obama. could someone clue me in on his basic philosophies? not what he says to make people happy and in the caucuses and whatnot,just a basic sum-up of his overall deal. no judgement necesary,just information.

thanks.

ABDUR101
Jan 10, 2008, 01:12 PM
Why is this a rant? Sounds more like an Off-topic oriented discussion.

On the side, I don't keep track of any political bullshit; because thats all it is until they get in office. Everything up until then is said/done to get votes and put them in. However, from the mere idle banter and seeing what others are saying, if I cared enough to vote, and seeing Obama in general, I think he'd be alright as president.

Solstis
Jan 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't trust Obama after it was revealed that he wasn't a Senator when the vote to authorize the war came up.

Especially because he tore in to the other candidates, accusing them of approving the war, while at the same time he approved increased spending for the war.

He's a hypocrite, just like any politician.

He did do cocaine when he was a teen, but it is nice to see someone with a tough past (though there's allegations that it was faked?) become a senator. I wouldn't mind him as president, though I'd prefer the Clinton empire.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2008-01-10 10:19 ]</font>

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 01:27 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:12, ABDUR101 wrote:
Why is this a rant? Sounds more like an Off-topic oriented discussion.

All venting, or whining posts here. Also for serious and thoughtful discussion.

People seem to forget that because all people seem to do is bitch here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Anyway, I'm a Hillary supporter. I like her ideas better, and I trust her more. I'm warming up to Obama, but honestly... I feel like his charisma stretches farther than his experience and potential. I'd like either of them over any of the Republican guys though (because I'm not impressed with anyone on that side).

ABDUR101
Jan 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
Sad thing, even Hillary had people asking specific questions, or so they said it was merely one of the campaign managers who did it on their own to help, but once its out there, who knows? It puts a mar on the whole campaign.

And her 'emotional' upset that supposedly won her that last vote, wow, how funny. "She was clearly fighting back tears", yeah, right. She seemed more like she ran out of breath than upset about the topic, and I don't think it's good to have someone who's gonna break down during a question-session in office. I don't want another hot head like Bush, and I don't want someone who's going to take shit personal and go off on their own little crusades.

We need someone if office who isn't trying to make history or be remembered for having a war or changing america drastically(for the worse), we need someone who will sit in office and have a level head, a good frame of mind and do things based on fairness and equality, not what their 'backers' and the 'majority' want.

Solstis
Jan 10, 2008, 01:46 PM
I don't get the crying thing either. She might have been a little upset, but she didn't cry.

Seems like the media hates her (CNN especially), and will do anything to take her down. Strangely, it might have backfired, though I don't know what will happen in the long term.

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 03:13 PM
I don't keep track of any political bullshit; because thats all it is until they get in office. Everything up until then is said/done to get votes and put them in.

That's one thing that Ron Paul has my respect for. He hasn't played this pandering game. His message doesn't change for the audience he's speaking to. He talks straight, and he's consistent in his views. Yeah, he's a bit crazy - but really, none of his ideas would really get passed through congress anyhow. If anything, it'd be a breather at least between the bullshit. How did Ralph Nader put it? He'd be like an enema. You don't want someone like him in office all the time - but once in a while you need someone like him to clear out all the shit.

But regardless, insofar as the democratic party goes - Obama is the only candidate that strikes me as passable. Still far too much showboating and pandering, and too much of an emphasis on image. People vote for presidents like they vote for American Idols. Not on issues, but on image and presentation. Or they vote however the talking heads on the TV/Radio tell them to vote. (Political Pundits and their "dittoheads" are a scourge upon this nation and upon free thinking individuals). But at least he's young, idealistic, and not too bought off yet. I've seen a lot of people parallel him to John F. Kennedy - and I can sort of see where they're coming from. Time will tell if he's a worthy orator who can awaken and embolden the best of the American spirit the way Kennedy did though.

McCain, Clinton, Gouhliani, are all equally bad choices IMO, as is Huckabee. Huckabee's even worse, however, as I see him pushing this nation further from a secular government and more and more into a "Christian" religious nation. Nothing against Christians - hell, I'm Catholic, but church and state should absolutely not mix. We've had almost 1,500+ years of the church being involved in political affairs and it's not brought us much progress or peace.

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 03:59 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:46, Solstis wrote:
I don't get the crying thing either. She might have been a little upset, but she didn't cry.

Seems like the media hates her (CNN especially), and will do anything to take her down. Strangely, it might have backfired, though I don't know what will happen in the long term.

I agree, and even if she did have an emotional moment, I think it shows passion more so than it did weakness. She's human, after all, so I don't think it's so wrong that she's feeling the stress and pressure like a lot of people would... not even to a real extreme.

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 04:12 PM
well before this turns into a full blown political discussion,which is totally cool,Id like someone to at least give me some kinda perspective on what hes all about. Id go to his website but all that will be is a bunch of biased horse shit about why even his crap smells better than the dalai lama himself. before we get into the nitty gritty can someone just give me a nice neutral rundown of his philosophy? or what it seems to be? only like one or 2 of you have actually kinda half answered it... thanks.

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
Change and we can do it are pretty much his whole campaign, which I'm not complaining about. His a good speaker, has a lot of charisma, very inspirational; but some of his actual views - to me - aren't as strong. Uh, that's him in a nutshell... I'd say more, but eh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Powder Keg
Jan 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
You think the republicans are screwed? I know they have mickey mouse running for president, but your two top runners are A.) A minority and B.) A female. As much as it's wrong, just those facts alone are going to drive voters away.

Ketchup345
Jan 10, 2008, 05:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Barack_Obama
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

He seems to be my favorite of the actual leaders on the Democrat's side. I don't think I could vote for any of the Republicans (that stand a chance).

Any specific issues you want covered? I'll try and find an interview that covers whatever you list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2008-01-10 14:08 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 10, 2008, 06:04 PM
Obama's biggest obstacle will be John Kerry's support.

MetaZedlen
Jan 10, 2008, 07:44 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:39, Artea wrote:
You think the republicans are screwed? I know they have mickey mouse running for president, but your two top runners are A.) A minority and B.) A female. As much as it's wrong, just those facts alone are going to drive voters away.

About B., I would very much love to see a woman in office, it could be a good change, but I swear Hillary is NOT the person that is going to be that woman. I hate people that talk all of that shit just to make everyone happy.

Be funny if people would realize that's all she's doing...

Abashi76
Jan 11, 2008, 02:09 AM
On 2008-01-10 09:59, majan wrote:
I'm rootin Mccain regardless,but I have a hunch that the republicans are just fucked in this election. so if I gotta take the democrats side, I think Im going Obama.

Well, unless you currently approve of the current President and his administration, I would NOT vote for McCain.

Para
Jan 11, 2008, 02:14 AM
I found it somewhat surprising that the media reported some people were actually surprised themselves that Clinton was so passionate about the country.

Abashi76
Jan 11, 2008, 02:26 AM
On 2008-01-10 23:14, Para wrote:
I found it somewhat surprising that the media reported some people were actually surprised themselves that Clinton was so passionate about the country.

How so? I'm sure they all have passion, otherwise they would not be running.

People have a tendency to hate her, but I think its hype. I wouldn't mind seeing her as President, although I'm not going to put any hopes on her.

I don't look see myself campaigning for anybody at all this coming year, largely because of where I'm located...

BlaizeYES
Jan 11, 2008, 03:31 AM
barack obama should be president.

but we're probably going to have another clinton president. people are about to elect a ruler of our country because they "feel bad" for a candidate. hillary is just not a good candidate, and her crying proved shes not "tough." everyone else has to deal with the same stress, howard dean had to deal with pulling a michael douglas in "falling down"... and he didnt cry about it. yet hilary is trying to push the election "personal" by pinning this into a "feminine matter" to take the lead... and it's pathetic. i had respect for her up until that point. i read an article about how women are starting to view this election as "sexist" because how some aren't backing up hillary after her incident... people felt that her crying should have hurt her, but the women in the article feel that isnt the case. probably barack's oprah women were the ones that said we should all ban together and vote for her because we should all "sympathise" since she isnt the type of woman that should be president. who knows. she cried, she cant take the pressure, she should not be in office. if you try to use the crying card to win, you should automatically lose. end of story.

don't say that's sexist, because that's what the whole incident is turning into: a massive "sexist" double standard. and i know alot of women that watched hillary cry and said, "oh come on, you have got to be kidding me"... and they're voting for barack obama, as well. and these are smart, strong women in their 20s, and even they know that the crying should have been the end of her president hopes

Solstis
Jan 11, 2008, 11:39 AM
She didn't cry. Not a single tear. Not even an epic, Lord of the Rings tear. Did you actually watch the clip? For all we know, she had acid indigestion. My face gets like that when I have a sudden burst of heartburn.

Pundits made it seem like she cried in order to kill her chances at winning.

Your biggest mistake, Blaize, was trusting the media. The even has been blown out of proportion not by women voters, but by the so-called "liberal" media. People have started switching to Hillary not because she has emotions (that is yet to be seen) but because they're tired of hearing Obama 24/7.

Shadowpawn
Jan 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
Blaize: I've seen the clip and I can honestly say that she did not cry. However from that clip it was clear that she feels some personal connection with the election and the attacks that she faces from both the media and what seems to be a united front from all candidates.

Despite whatever passion she may have or may have not felt during this campaign is irrelevant. What really matters is how they plan to establish an effective executive branch that will be able to perform the administrative tasks necessary to manage this country. So far I've seen little in that regard from all candidates and instead what we are really getting is the usual politics. Honestly, one emotional “outburst” shouldn't be enough to oust a person out of the running. This is the same mistake people made with Howard Dean...and look what happened. We ended up with Kerry vs. Bush...and Bush won.

Abashi76
Jan 11, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-01-11 08:39, Solstis wrote:

Pundits made it seem like she cried in order to kill her chances at winning.

I don't think that anybody crying makes them unqualified to be president.

From what I see, the platforms of the three leading Democrats are similar enough that I ought not to need a preference.

I am favoring the progressive Democrats on this one, that we should end the war and use the money on healthcare and education. I'd support any candidate who wants to make higher education affordable, if not free in some cases. I have read these things from the Democratic candidates, so I am looking hopeful about that.

I don't think I'll campaign for anyone, since everybody where I live wants to see a Republican become the president.

-------------------------------------

On 2008-01-11 10:20, Shadowpawn wrote:
Blaize: I've seen the clip and I can honestly say that she did not cry. However from that clip it was clear that she feels some personal connection with the election and the attacks that she faces from both the media and what seems to be a united front from all candidates.

Despite whatever passion she may have or may have not felt during this campaign is irrelevant.

If she is passionate about it, wouldn't that be a good thing? Considering that it would suggest that she cares about the country, or perhaps just her fame? I don't see anything too wrong when it comes to Hillary Clinton, her platform seemed good to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-11 11:28 ]</font>

PS: My congressman (Darrell Issa) cried when he was disqualified to run for governor. He started the whole recall in hope of doing so. Locally, Duke Cunningham cried just before he was throne in rich-guy prison. Actually, most of the politicians that I have witnessed crying were male Republicans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-11 11:35 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Jan 11, 2008, 02:56 PM
I never said it was bad nor good. I believe it's a good thing that she feels passionate about what she's doing and the USA. However, having good intentions alone does not make a good leader. They're are plenty of people who feel about being American including you and me, however, that doesn't mean we would make good candiatates. It would be wise to seperate any emotional attachment ANY canditates has about this election and focus what they plan on doing to improve this country.

Garroway
Jan 11, 2008, 04:30 PM
The problem I have with Obama is that he seems like an empty suit. We could certainly do worse but it's hard to tell if he would have a real positive impact. I like Mitt Romney the former Massachusetts governor. He seems to have done a good job economically with his state and it would be interesting to see if he can turn the country around in the same manner. I think he's 2 delegates ahead overall but I doubt he will get the nomination. The Republicans seem to dislike anyone who isn't evangelical Christian and I don't think they'll put up a Mormon...

Is it just me or does it seem like the conservatives have stopped being conservative?

Sinue_v2
Jan 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
However from that clip it was clear that she feels some personal connection with the election and the attacks that she faces from both the media and what seems to be a united front from all candidates.

I don't believe it. Honestly, she's been a political and presidential wife for decades, and a politician herself for more than one dance. She's got balls every bit as big as any guy on the hill. And then some. Personal attacks? I'm sure she's more than used to dealing with whatever the media or her opponents can throw at her.

Her passion? I don't see passion. I see pandering and wish-washyness. Telling people whatever they want to hear in order to have them go along with what she wants. She's not alone in pandering and showboating - but just because most of the other are doing it, doesn't make it alright. Obama, at least, is a lot stronger in his convictions for change. However, he's not much ahead of Hillary in my book since he continually fails to define just what that these changes are and what they entail.

One thing I have to respect GW for, is the strength of his convictions. However, I suspect that's because he's nothing more than a Neanderthalic cretin who's in way over his head and is treading water by clinging desperately to the advice he's told by his daddy and VP Darth Cheney. A wise leader can temper their resolve with good sense, reason, and a recognition that they're not the elected ruler of this country - but a servant of it.

I don't see any of the candidates who have those qualities. Either they don't have the fortitude and unshakable convictions they need to truly take a stand on any issue, or they're religious fundies/neo-cons/crazy. So as I said, I'll at least throw my support behind RP for now, because while he's crazy, he's the most honest and streight forward. You hear his position and you either vote for him based on those positions - or you do not. He'll let the ballot determine whether America wants those policies - not lie to their face and then turn around and backstab them once he's in office. And from what I've seen, he's the only one in congress with a voting record to back that up (aside from some minor shrimp subsidies).

ShinMaruku
Jan 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
Want something new, all the other gits are the same old shit. You want real politics, well I don't think any of you can handle doing something for that.

Shadowpawn
Jan 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
@Sinue: Wait a minute, you accuse Hillary of telling people what they want hear yet you respect Bush? Do I need to remind you of the Gay Marriage drama he kicked up during his reelection in order to gather the support of the conservative Christian voters, then how said issue suddenly faded in obscurity afterwards? Also he continues to manipulate the public at large to support him in a failed war and his idiotic foreign policy by stressing the dangers of Al-Quida and terrorism; a group no one has heard of (here at least) since 2001 and a topic and danger too board for anyone to handle. He's been playing off of most citizens nationalist pride in order to stay in office long enough to peruse his own interest. Everything that he's done is of his own doing and I don't see how passing the blame on Bush Sr. and Cheney could change the consequences of what he's done. He does the same thing you accuse Hillary doing and more.

I don't share your sentiments in respecting that man.

Yet you call this an act just because she is the wife of another politician and happens to be one herself? Well this might be the case, nonetheless, you said so yourself that she is not alone in pandering to the public en mases. So why demonize her and not give her the benefit of the doubt? I'm saying give her your vote but just take this incident at face value.

Leviathan
Jan 11, 2008, 11:15 PM

The media portrays women was being emotional so they paint her in that light. With Hillary it's that she's either too strong or too emotional. If this was a guy it wouldn't be this way.

Sinue_v2
Jan 12, 2008, 01:38 AM
Wait a minute, you accuse Hillary of telling people what they want hear yet you respect Bush?

/facepalm

Shadowpawn
Jan 12, 2008, 08:43 AM
You can't say he didn't appeal to the public during his' early years in office, Sinue. Sure people ridcudled him but at least he was recieved well enough to have some influence.

Abashi76
Jan 12, 2008, 09:10 AM
On 2008-01-11 13:30, Garroway wrote:
The problem I have with Obama is that he seems like an empty suit. We could certainly do worse but it's hard to tell if he would have a real positive impact. I like Mitt Romney the former Massachusetts governor. He seems to have done a good job economically with his state and it would be interesting to see if he can turn the country around in the same manner. I think he's 2 delegates ahead overall but I doubt he will get the nomination. The Republicans seem to dislike anyone who isn't evangelical Christian and I don't think they'll put up a Mormon...

Is it just me or does it seem like the conservatives have stopped being conservative?

Mitt Romney is very empty. Almost every time he speaks, it sounds like he is doing just that, speaking. He gives what people want to hear. He said he would uphold a woman's right to choose when he was governor, and now he is pro life. What keeps happening with him? And its not like he gives a hoot over immigration, he just says he does all of a sudden. I don't think Mitt Romney even means anything he says, and of course, thats what the more zealous members of the GOP are going to think.

The only problem with Obama is his experience, being a senator for not even two years.

I have not made a choice, but I am going to favor anybody who takes stances that would help me, and the world.

BlaizeYES
Jan 12, 2008, 12:22 PM

whenever you're on top, you're always going to face alot of criticism. if she wants to say "stop its hurting me," then she has no right to consider herself in this election. if i was running for president and people were taking jabs at me for everything i was doing wrong or for whatever reason, i would not bend and break. thats what happens when you try to make yourself seem TOO LIKEABLE and you end up like john kerry, and nobody likes someone that tries too hard to be popular.

and i've seen the clip of her crying multiple times. they had it on "repeat" the night before the nh primaries. and you're right, she wasnt legitimately crying, but thats only because she just couldnt muster up tears... shes not that good at acting yet. if she was taking lessons from fred thompson then she'd be PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN NOVEMBER

Schuler
Jan 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
On 2008-01-11 08:44, Indica wrote:
Clinton and Obama are both scumbags and liars. I hope they die in a car crash

Let me guess, you're not registered to vote? You are too cool to vote right? Honestly, I dont understand how people can not care for and respect their own country. Its your home dammit. Dont you want to see it prosper? This goes way beyond your little PSU world my friend.

GO OBAMA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schuler on 2008-01-12 11:47 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jan 13, 2008, 01:40 PM
If Hillary becomes president, a large chunk of the military is going to desert.

I personally dont mind any of the democratic cantidates, bar clinton.

I want her to die.

InfinityXXX
Jan 13, 2008, 11:07 PM

Seems like the media hates her (CNN especially)

ah, Sol, I don't think CNN hates her..if anything..CNN is supporting her (*cough* Wolf Blitzer)..I keep CNN on 24/7 and Hillary is usually put in the spot light (before Iowa and moreso after her "alleged" win in NH)

Fox kinds of parades her a bit but in a negative light (not denying that CNN doesn't)....I think republicans feel that they can beat her easily (which it wouldn't suprise me if they lay the smack down on her if she's nominated)
-----

On another note, I really like Obama and when he speaks (i got to listen to him in Houston before he ran)...he really moves you..moreso than any other politician i sat through.....He's a natural leader in my opinion and can easily rally and unify....

...I hope he wins..I want him to win a lot...and I'm not really feeling Hillary...she kind of wants to play both sides...and her plans have so many holes in them....she's also playing too dirty (not saying you shouldn't try to wipe your opponent) but I get this arrogance from her (I am entitled to this race because I'm Bill CLinton's wife)

I think people feel that Hillary is just like her Husband and she's not...They're two seperate people with some similar ideas and some different (i honestly don't get her laughable "Health Care Plan" will work efficiently)

If Obama does not get the nomination then I'll rather see Edwards...but if its Hillary...then I may just hop on the republican bandwagon..... (

But all in all: Why are the democrats...mainly Hillary and Obama..slapping each other around so much? Her petty comments about Obama due to her losing Iowa are just...petty.....this whole weekend I had to endure both of them bicker back and forth like little school kids...and no real issues were discusssed...

On another, nother, note:
Who here is tired of Sean Hannity's bitching...why does he hate (and yea, i'm using the word hate) the Dems that much? Is he that foolish to believe that his view's are right and all that disagree are....just dumb? I'm guessing he's 35-40 yrs old....so why does he act so much like a baby? (you should've watched him during the Iowa primaries...i loled so much)

McLaughlin
Jan 13, 2008, 11:39 PM
Is Gulliani (I know I spelled that wrong)) running on anything other than" Vote for me...911!"?

Abashi76
Jan 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
On 2008-01-12 11:46, Schuler wrote:

On 2008-01-11 08:44, Indica wrote:
Clinton and Obama are both scumbags and liars. I hope they die in a car crash

Let me guess, you're not registered to vote? You are too cool to vote right? Honestly, I dont understand how people can not care for and respect their own country. Its your home dammit. Dont you want to see it prosper? This goes way beyond your little PSU world my friend.

GO OBAMA

Actually, I'm betting that Indica is a Republican. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ssslither
Jan 14, 2008, 01:54 PM
Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential
candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein
Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white
ATHEIST from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii.
When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to
Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia. Obama attended a
MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic
school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a
Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also
attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are
attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical. And that Obama's
introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary
at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce,
and never again had any direct influence over his son's
education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann
Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school
in Jakarta.

Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by
the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since
it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office
in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of
Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that
when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the
Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of
Allegiance nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their
hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and
slouches.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected
presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on
destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the
highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their
own!!!!

Ketchup345
Jan 14, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-01-14 10:54, Ssslither wrote:
Who is Barack Obama?

...Sorry:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Ssslither
Jan 14, 2008, 04:21 PM
No need to apologize... I wont be voting for him

omegapirate2k
Jan 14, 2008, 10:04 PM
I smells a troll.

BlaizeYES
Jan 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
LOL OBAMA THE TERRORIST. and i remember hearing that he was muslim and tried to hide it. i love it. i think he's downplaying it because theres alot of ignorant rednecks out there that think that every person that is muslim is a terrorist cell or a member of al quida. if anything, his religion only helps strengthen my support because its interesting, and its an outside perspective. southern baptists and mormons? i can do without

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2008, 08:52 AM
Why is Islam such a horrible thing? Jesus christ, Americans. S'why I fukkin HAET politics.

InfinityXXX
Jan 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
On 2008-01-15 05:52, DizzyDi wrote:
Why is Islam such a horrible thing? Jesus christ, Americans. S'why I fukkin HAET politics.

lol @ the thought of Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Dave Chappelle, and Talib Kweli being big time terrorist...itching to bring down america.....

....but yea...I dunno why anything Islamic is "usually" viewed negatively...

Abashi76
Jan 16, 2008, 09:30 AM
On 2008-01-15 04:59, BlaizeYES wrote:
LOL OBAMA THE TERRORIST. and i remember hearing that he was muslim and tried to hide it. i love it. i think he's downplaying it because theres alot of ignorant rednecks out there that think that every person that is muslim is a terrorist cell or a member of al quida. if anything, his religion only helps strengthen my support because its interesting, and its an outside perspective. southern baptists and mormons? i can do without

Amen ^_^

Shadowpawn
Jan 16, 2008, 07:53 PM
On 2008-01-12 09:22, BlaizeYES wrote:

whenever you're on top, you're always going to face alot of criticism. if she wants to say "stop its hurting me," then she has no right to consider herself in this election. if i was running for president and people were taking jabs at me for everything i was doing wrong or for whatever reason, i would not bend and break. thats what happens when you try to make yourself seem TOO LIKEABLE and you end up like john kerry, and nobody likes someone that tries too hard to be popular.

and i've seen the clip of her crying multiple times. they had it on "repeat" the night before the nh primaries. and you're right, she wasnt legitimately crying, but thats only because she just couldnt muster up tears... shes not that good at acting yet. if she was taking lessons from fred thompson then she'd be PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN NOVEMBER

Meh. She was being bashed just forebeing the forerunner in the polls before the preliminaries even started. I don't particually remember her campaigning that hard and the only jabs she was throwing was at Obama for being a newbie to politics.

But then again after recently hearing about a movie she was supposed have released about her life right around this time that was barred by judges because it was deemed too much like a 90 minute campaign ad...I started looking at her in a different light.

However I think that clip was exgerrated by the media, it's not enough to sway the entire election in her favor. Or to sway anything in that matter.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 19, 2008, 01:08 PM
Well, I'm not a big fan of Hilary, I much prefer either Obama or Edwards to be president. But one thing is for sure, I think Huckabee must die, he's way too religious and he's trying to put his religion too close to his politics. I'd love to see a non-Christian president, and in a perfect world, maybe an atheist president, although I think it's highly unlikely.