PDA

View Full Version : With the inclusion of PVP in an upcoming event, how does PSO

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=166882&forum=20&32

Versus mission
Player vs. player. Final details have not been confirmed, but it's said that action will be taken to put players on an even field. (Was it C-mode in PSO that reduced everyone to LV1 and gave them basic equipment? If so, I wouldn't be shocked if that's what's done here.) Anyway, different modes are being considered such as one-on-one and an all out brawl.

Yeah. This is basically a poll to see how the community feels about this thing.

chibiLegolas
Jan 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
Never liked PvP games, and never will. I love PSO/PSU cause of the co-op gameplay style and NOT to bash my head AGAINST the rest of my friends.
It must be a guy/male dominance thing....

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:52, chibiLegolas wrote:
Never liked PvP games, and never will. I love PSO/PSU cause of the co-op gameplay style and NOT to bash my head AGAINST the rest of my friends.

Maybe... But you gotta admit, it'd be fun to Regrants something, then Giresta then, repeat. >_>

Itchee
Jan 10, 2008, 01:54 PM
Personally, i feel if people want PvP so bad they should go play Halo or one of the other 800 bazillion FPSs out there. Those games are built for direct head-to-head competetion. PSU is not...period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2008-01-10 10:54 ]</font>

amtalx
Jan 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
PSU is not a PvP friendly game. I can't wait for all the "pwnzorz n00000b!!!" assholes to come out of the woodwork...

Itchee
Jan 10, 2008, 01:59 PM
I can see the complaint threads now the first time someone gets juggle-cheez'd in a corner by someone wielding a grenade launcher.

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:54, Itchee wrote:
Personally, i feel if people want PvP so bad they should go play Halo or one of the other 800 bazillion FPSs out there. Those games are built for direct head-to-head competetion. PSU is not...period.

I'm nowhere near a PVP elitist, but I can say that the occasional PVP between friends is fun. It's not the type of thing where you're all BOOM HEADSHOT! it's more like, "Oh, I need to learn how to actually dodge instead of taking every single hit like those damn dirty FFs." You tend to play games better after a bit of sparring with friends... Or at least it seems.

Xefi
Jan 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
i dont really like PvP but if people like to play it, go ahead and play it. I am not against it or pro for it. I like PSU because it is more like PvE than PvP. I used to play Guild War for a little while and quitted because that game is heavily based on PvP.
PvP is more for the competitive people. I am not competitive, so i am not interested in PvP at the least.

Fure_Rakune
Jan 10, 2008, 02:03 PM
Id love to see this included, more variety in gameplay will keep it alive longer.

GuardianElite
Jan 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
If pvp makes PSU live longer than psu equals fail..

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-01-10 11:07, GuardianElite wrote:
If pvp makes PSU live longer than psu equals fail..

How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Isn't more variety a better thing?

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 02:20 PM
Im not against us getting it. more variety is more variety. But all i can see this turning into is who can change their armor/melee weps/techs/bullets faster. I mean once someone see someone using a light armor, there gunna pull there dark stuff, then that person will change to dark armor.. and so on and so on. It wont work like it did in PSO simply because elements rule this game with an iron fist more or less. Everything is based around elements here. So unless they make this PVP mission like C-Mode for PSO, start us off at 1 and give us like neutral PVP gear separate like PSO's C-Mode. I dont see a chance for this to prosper into something that wont be just a big pain in the ass for everyone more or less.

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
It's new content, which is a very good thing. With so many people getting bored, at least it's something different to do.

If you don't like PVP, don't engage in it. But at least it's new content.

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 02:34 PM
Bringing up PVP on this board is like a trigger that automatically creates large, unreasonable amounts of resistance. Expect there to be even worse than you've seen.

I'm hoping PSU does get it. It'd do wonders for the game's longevity and it does need much more to do. Plus it may mean the later inclusion of C-Mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Krisan
Jan 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not seeing any good arguments in here as to why people don't want it. It isn't going to be some integral feature, it is optional content - something we SEVERELY lack in this game.. Anything that's a change of pace is a good thing in my opinion. Besides, it is silly to judge something before you even try it, you never know you might actually end up liking it..

I can understand people who just don't like PvP though, I can even understand people who think it'd be dumb in PSU, what with Sega's crappy track record. However, that really doesn't justify the close minded attitude some of you seem to have on it. If you don't like it, okay, you're free to state your opinion on it - but don't try and make it out as if the feature shouldn't exist at all. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean someone else might not get enjoyment out of it. (And you really don't have any right to deprive them of that joy, or any business telling them to go play "something else" when it isn't something else they want, it is this.)

In short, if you like PvP this should be good news to you. If you hate it, this shouldn't MATTER to you - not bother you - since you won't be participating in it anyway and thus it can't interfere with your everyday life in PSU. I don't see where anyone can be unhappy here, yet it somehow happens..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2008-01-10 11:36 ]</font>

stukasa
Jan 10, 2008, 02:36 PM

My thoughts exactly. At least I don't have to participate if I don't want to. I still have no idea how ST is going to pull this off, though. It seems like it would be (to quote someone else) "hilariously imbalanced." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif And Will has a point, constantly switching elemental armors and weapons would make it a pretty tedious match. ;o

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 02:39 PM
Theoretical metagaming is fun, but it rarely actually works in practice the way you think it does ^_^.

We have no clue how balanced or imbalanced it will or ever be at this point. And we definitely cannot use PVE to figure out that difference. There's a world of difference between fighting a CPU with no limitations and fighting a thinking, dynamic player with some limitations.

Anduril
Jan 10, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm kinda iffy on the PvP thing. I'm not a big fan of playing against people, but at the same time this could weed out the people who are ultra-competitive and give them something to do besides act like asses when in Party with other people as they brag about how awesome they are (not saying that everyone who wants PvP is like this, it's just that these kinds of people would no doubt enjoy PvP). As long as enough people keep playing the current way, and not everyone just goes to the PvP, I'm good with this. Though one has to wonder whether it will just be event exclusive and not be around afterward. And as to the balance issue, I'm hoping that they give us PvP exclusive stats and weapons to make thing more balanced, maybe Weapons and PA rentals.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-10 11:44 ]</font>

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 02:44 PM
If something like this is removed after the event, there will no doubt be some sort of negative backlash. It's not like Firebreak or 1up; these are viable gameplay options that could add a lot to the game.

Telina
Jan 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
yay, pvp. now everyone will stfu about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif We know sega is considering alternate gameplay styles there's even more hope for the future of the game itself

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
It must be a North American thing....

Fixed...

rogue_robot
Jan 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
Ugh, worst idea imaginable...

As soon as ST learns that an extra ability (as in, any halfway decent PA - and especially the rapid-spammable ones, moreso the ability to rapid-spam ordinarily non-rapid-spammable ones like Foie or Barta) makes an enemy far more threatening than +4 points into stats that get divided by 4 anyway, this game might start being ready for PVP.

...of course, I'm just ranting, and I don't think there are any decent RPGs out there whose developers have figured out how to balance new abilities against increases in core stats yet.

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
On 2008-01-10 11:47, l_Will_l wrote:

Fixed...

Considering pretty much every suggestion SEGA takes is from the Japanese...I don't think so.

relentless
Jan 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
I don't see anything bad about adding PvP to PSU.
But I'm not sure if it is any good. lol
It sounds interesting to me though, we'll just see how it is when the time comes and we get it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Alizarin
Jan 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
Edit: Took too long writing this post and everyone else pretty much covered the points I wanted to make. So I'll skip to my thoughts.

In any case, PVP is a mixed bag to me. Depending on how ST decides to implement this system will either make me interested or turn me off from it. As it stands, it needs adjustments, since there are still some balancing issues in the PvE department alone. I'm not too competitive, and some of the attitudes my friends tend to show off when we're playing against each other is irritating, but I do like competing when the game is fun and relies on skill as opposed to stats, like with fighting and some party games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizarin on 2008-01-10 12:05 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 02:58 PM
On 2008-01-10 11:47, l_Will_l wrote:

Fixed...

Yes because there wasn't fighting in the middle east without North America, The British and Irish always got along together, Africa is a country of flower children, North Korea is the model country for utopia, and Canadians are nothing but War Hawks who love picking fights with other countries with a deep zealous belief in imperialism.

Clearly you fixed that statement.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 02:59 PM
They would have to do alot of rebalancing. Just look at the numbers we put out now compared to the amout of HP we have. For instance In the mission Electronic Brain. those new big ass Dark robots I forgot their name, anyways... Ive got a set of grenticle around 30% light 5/10. And with Bogga Zubba lv16 i do about 1.5k per tick and it hits 5 times per attack. so rite there thats about 7.5k not to mention Bogga Zubba targets both his legs. thats about 15k damage rite there in 1 attack. Now How much HP does a lvl 110 Beast FF15 have? I highly doubt that he has over 15k HP lol. So I dont see how it could effectively work with the damage we put out currently

Noblewine
Jan 10, 2008, 02:59 PM
I'm not wow'ed by it but I'll try it for awhile.

Kurai_Inago
Jan 10, 2008, 03:00 PM
I think it would be interesting to have around for awhile, but I wouldn't like to see it as a Permanent thing. This game is REALLY not balanced for PvP in the slightest. And from Prior Experience with other games that had PvP thrown in AFTER Release, there will probably be ALOT of Nerfs, which, isn't fun for anybody. Plus I'd rather the whole Hardcore PvP crowd stay way from this game... I can't stand those guys.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 03:03 PM
Hmm considering Sega of JP had an idea of a co-op game called PSU and theres alot of NA's here complaining they want PVP, although i didnt fully explain my comment, I stand by it

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 10, 2008, 03:05 PM
It'll be boring PvP just like it was in PSO, just something to mess around with with friends. Ya know when you hit the cap from leveling for example and you have nothing to do.

RedCoKid
Jan 10, 2008, 03:05 PM
I suppose on 360 it would be fun, but definitely not on PC/PS2 due to the hardware disparity. How could a duel offer any fun or challenge if my opponent can slash me up while my weapons refuse to load? I change my vote from "indifferent" to "no."

Golto
Jan 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
First off PVP was wanted by the JPN players, this event took suggestions from JPN gamers not NA gamers.

PVP attracts all the little 13 year old assholes, 360 would be totally filled with them even more than they have now.

Mag_Launcher
Jan 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
PVP is bad and should feel bad for wanting it back. I swear to god, this will kill off what little community we have left on english PC/PS2. Fuck you, Sega.

Oniko
Jan 10, 2008, 03:16 PM
On 2008-01-10 11:35, Krisan wrote:
I'm not seeing any good arguments in here as to why people don't want it. It isn't going to be some integral feature, it is optional content - something we SEVERELY lack in this game.. Anything that's a change of pace is a good thing in my opinion. Besides, it is silly to judge something before you even try it, you never know you might actually end up liking it..

I can understand people who just don't like PvP though, I can even understand people who think it'd be dumb in PSU, what with Sega's crappy track record. However, that really doesn't justify the close minded attitude some of you seem to have on it. If you don't like it, okay, you're free to state your opinion on it - but don't try and make it out as if the feature shouldn't exist at all. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean someone else might not get enjoyment out of it. (And you really don't have any right to deprive them of that joy, or any business telling them to go play "something else" when it isn't something else they want, it is this.)

In short, if you like PvP this should be good news to you. If you hate it, this shouldn't MATTER to you - not bother you - since you won't be participating in it anyway and thus it can't interfere with your everyday life in PSU. I don't see where anyone can be unhappy here, yet it somehow happens..

^I agree with this wholeheartedly^

Personally I'm completely, 100% indifferent. I'll try it, if I like it, I'll keep doing it, if not, move on. No big deal. Doesn't really bother me if a whole bunch of people feel the need to beat someones virtual character in PVP so they feel less useless in the world, I just don't associate with them. At the very least, I'm sure grabbing some friends and just blindly beating the heck out of each other Smash Brothers style will be good stress relief. =P

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 10, 2008, 03:19 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:11, Mag_Launcher wrote:
PVP is bad and should feel bad for wanting it back. I swear to god, this will kill off what little community we have left on english PC/PS2. Fuck you, Sega.

How does PvP kill off a community?

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2008, 03:25 PM
Fighting games already kill your (lol)rep for winning on Xbox Live. I'd rather not deal with it on PSU as well.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 03:25 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:19, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

On 2008-01-10 12:11, Mag_Launcher wrote:

How does PvP kill off a community?

PSU is in essence a co operative game. when you get ppl fighting eachother its bound to get ppl pissed off at each other sometime or another. not to mention our low population on PS2/PC where we wont have tons of ppl to PVP against like 360. Not to mention ppl with there I bought the game so i can do wtf I want with it attitude. The mix dosent seem to be all that great in the long run.

Itchee
Jan 10, 2008, 03:26 PM
Seriously.
The cries of 'variety for variety's sake' need to stop. PvP would be a lackluster, half-assed addition to a game built on a community-based PvE system...and Sega can barely hold that together. I would much rather see the return of the PSO lobby soccer game thingy. That would be an entertaining distraction from playing the actual game. Endless Nightmare and things of that sort are fine cuz they are simply variants of whats already there. The current action-rpg PvE system will fail at creating a fun atmosphere for people who truely want PvP. Why? It needs to be created from the get-go with a PvP mindset.
They should make another expansion as PvP only material with the proper progamming and logic behind it.....I think that would be much better than 'variety for variety's sake'.

rogue_robot
If they throw in any good rares that you need to PvP to get, yes, it does run a risk of damaging the already small community (unless lots of people pull the Halo 3 Overkill Achievement stunt).

superdood22

PSU isnt a FPS dummy (fucking idiot). and vs mode just cant ruin a game, it just... CANT. A game mode cant ruin the game itself. :/

zandra117
Jan 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
It could work like this, when you start PvP you will be given pre-determined stats and default equipment for your class. There will be an NPC outside the arena that you can use your real meseta on to upgrade yourself with more equipment and PAs. The meseta you spend at the PVP shop is added to the prize pot. Then you enter the arena and fight to your death. The winner recieves all the meseta that is in the prize pot and is given an upgraded PvP rank. Higher PvP rank unlocks more equiment and upgrades that you can buy, you just have to have the meseta required to purchase it everytime you enter a PvP match.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2008-01-10 12:28 ]</font>

Angelo
Jan 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
This is awesome news.

I'm very, very happy to hear this.

Itchee
Jan 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:26, superdood22 wrote:

PSU isnt a FPS dummy (fucking idiot). and vs mode just cant ruin a game, it just... CANT. A game mode cant ruin the game itself. :/

I never said it would ruin the game....I simply stated it would be bad, douchebag. (look! I can call ppl names too.)

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 03:29 PM

Well when ur on PS2/PC servers and EVERYONE is at the PVP mission and ur alone to solo the newest S or S2 mission to find that wep you really want. That wont be in the slightest discouraging now will it?

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
sounds alitte like Shadowrun zandra117, well the whole buying ur equip before the match compared to buying ur guns and or magic at the beginning of the round.

zandra117
Jan 10, 2008, 03:33 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:29, l_Will_l wrote:

Well when ur on PS2/PC servers and EVERYONE is at the PVP mission and ur alone to solo the newest S or S2 mission to find that wep you really want. That wont be in the slightest discouraging now will it?

That wont happen because you cant level anything up in the PvP mission. You can probably only win meseta and a PvP ranking.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
It dosent matter if you can lvl stuff or not. theres alot of us that have alot of stuff lvled right up and want a change of pace. sure ill try out the PVP but i wont stay there like im sure some might. And during any major event, have you tried to get a random party in some other lobby? GL on the PS2/PC server. everyone just crouds to the 1 lobby. And even for the past couple of days i wanted to lvl my lv 65 cast alt at Electronic Brain. only for there to be no partys there even on UNI 2. so never say never.

Also you cant say that you cant lvl up in the PVP mission. Sega hasnt released any info on it. and for all we know there just gunna throw a mission together were we can target eachother without any balancing or whatnot. Because if they do let us lvl things up there. Thats when you wont find ppl anywhere else. also i highly doubt there will be rare drops in a PVP mission considering theres only players. Unless they make some rare PVP boxes with their own box drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: l_Will_l on 2008-01-10 12:41 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2008, 03:41 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:16, Oniko wrote:

On 2008-01-10 11:35, Krisan wrote:

^I agree with this wholeheartedly^

Personally I'm completely, 100% indifferent. I'll try it, if I like it, I'll keep doing it, if not, move on. No big deal. Doesn't really bother me if a whole bunch of people feel the need to beat someones virtual character in PVP so they feel less useless in the world, I just don't associate with them. At the very least, I'm sure grabbing some friends and just blindly beating the heck out of each other Smash Brothers style will be good stress relief. =P

I agree with BOTH of these posts wholeheartedly.
People shouldn't quit if they hate pvp. If you hate it, dont play it morons. It wont kill off the players except for the stupid people that think because it's in the game they HAVE to play it.
I'd play it with friends only, set a few rules with each other, and have a few fun battles per week just to see how we're improving. Mindless A.I. aren't hard to kill at all. A real person 20 levels higher than you should be a challenge, and it would take more than mindless mashing of the PA button. It might actually take...skill. *waits to be shot by idiots who hate needing skill because they suck*

Personally, I welcome PvP to this game with open arms, because if I want, I can fold my arms at any time if I want to. If I hate it, oh well, I just won't play it.

And, one last thing, where did you get this info from? I'd very much like to read it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2008-01-10 13:09 ]</font>

KamiSori
Jan 10, 2008, 03:48 PM
@ Will: why would you even be looking for a random party on an unpopulated server? :/

you people need to lighten up about this pvp. its going to draw a larger community, its going to result in more support for PSU.

so what if some of you prefer playing co-op? so what if it draws some bad players? its going to draw FAR more good players and new support than any of the negative bullshit some of you whine about. but im sure all of you BAAAAWERS will surely overlook that fact.

for the record, i am excited for the addition of PvP. i am one of the people that said "PvP is not needed in PSU" and i stand by that statement. BUT, just because its not needed doesnt mean its a bad thing.

for the last time, if you dont like PvP big fucking woop, it shouldnt affect you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2008-01-10 12:56 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
PVP could be really awesome in Phantasy Star Universe but I have faith in Sega's ability to screw it up so it's broken, pointless, and plays horribly.

Mikura
Jan 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'm indifferent towards it but I feel it would help more than damage the game or the community. The game needs more variety and anything would be a nice diversion from always grinding the same missions over and over again for exp/MP/rares.

If Sega plays their cards right, I believe it could be done. There's ways of balancing PvP such as stat-rebalancing or how much damage melee/techs can do to another player. Obviously a Beast FF wouldn't be nearly as strong in PvP as in the tradional co-op mode. Whether or not they can execute it correctly however is another story but we'll see.

Also, the concerns of people congregating to PvP and leaving the normal missions and lobbies barren I don't see as becoming reality. Temporarily, it may happen simply because it's something new but the majority will do it for a diversion, then simply return to co-op since that's where most of your personal rewards will come from such as rares, exp, etc.

So I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you're for it, that's great. Go play and enjoy PvP with some friends or strangers. If you don't, leave it and stick with "traditional PSU." There's no right or wrong here, just an addition to the game that will be a nice diversion from doing the same old, same old.

Anatra
Jan 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
Doesn't it just come down to: If you want to play PvP then do it. If you feel like getting beat up will get you complaining about the game...then don't do it. As far as killing the community why are you judging that EVERYBODY who plays a fighting game is an asshole? Who is making you talk to asses anyway? Are you FORCED to play with them at any point in time? It's a simple addon to the game and it is YOUR option if you want to play it or not.

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2008, 04:17 PM
I don't really care, either way. One can always choose not to participate.

If I do, I'm definitely only doing that as a certain collection of classes. Ones I'll get to, in a future date.

Besides, unless SEGA learns how to balance, I think there will always be people playing the regular game. At least, because they feel like playing classes that aren't the only ones that could compete.

Then again, maybe a miracle would happen, and the battle mode does get balanced. ST hasn't exactly been good about that, and they've tried quite a few times in the Sonic competitive games.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I do have a feeling for how it's going to end up being played. At least it's there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-10 13:20 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Jan 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty excited, since I am better than everybody else.

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 10, 2008, 04:22 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:25, Sychosis wrote:
Fighting games already kill your (lol)rep for winning on Xbox Live. I'd rather not deal with it on PSU as well.

This is true I've been [;aying dead or alive 4 since I got my 360, My rep is shot, 50% of the people i've played with gave me bad rep. Not sure where the Quit early came from but meh, probly cause I didn't agree to challenge them again.

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/1/10/f_MyRepm_4721116.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/1/10/f_MyRepm_4721116.jpg&srv=img27)

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 04:24 PM
Whatever. No one's going to force me into playing it, and the event is so far off... not even on JP yet.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:48, KamiSori wrote:
@ Will: why would you even be looking for a random party on an unpopulated server? :/

For 1, I play on PC/PS2. and ive been looking in UNI2 or most populated universe 2 ive been lvling my low lvl alts. I couldnt find a party at EB. All of my friends are capped and dont feel like lvling alts at the moment. so anyother reason I should let you know about?

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
White Beasts is the current hot spot, people abandoned Mother Brain already.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2008, 04:30 PM
Meh don't care, don't like it don't play it. Like it play it. Not like it's gonna affect me in the overall picture except add another option when I'm utterly bored.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 04:33 PM
yeah I get that too AlphaMinotaux. Me and my bro share my gamertag cause i dont play 360 much anymore and our gamerscore is like 19k and we get kicked from games alot and get bad feedback just cause of our score.

Rayokarna
Jan 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:28, Angelo wrote:
This is awesome news.

MelanyKoura
Jan 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
I see RA-type classes ruling the battlefield pretty quickly. Even more so than foie and barta spammers. Dualies, Rifles, and Machineguns are gonna kill nearly everything. =/

Dualies = movement w/attacking
Rifles = Killer Shot & Lv. 4 status
Machineguns = Mayalee Fury + Massive HP drain in short time span

Oh, there's also Mayalee Prism, probably followed up by the grenade bullet that insta-freezes.

It's basicly gonna become a shoot out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Sorry, no room for casters or melee unless you got guns too.

... OMG SHOTGUN NINJAS! >.>;

So yeah... Boo for PvP; it's what makes me hate most online games in the first place. There's always imbalance between classes (in a commonly seen unfair way) thus causing everyone to migrate to one class to be able to fight on somewhat decent ground. =/ Might as well give us an extra character slot for a PVP character. *headshake* PVP + PSU = BAD IDEA

Rayokarna
Jan 10, 2008, 04:54 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:47, MelanyKoura wrote:
I see RA-type classes ruling the battlefield pretty quickly. Even more so than foie and barta spammers. Dualies, Rifles, and Machineguns are gonna kill nearly everything. =/

Dualies = movement w/attacking
Rifles = Killer Shot & Lv. 4 status
Machineguns = Mayalee Fury + Massive HP drain in short time span

Oh, there's also Mayalee Prism, probably followed up by the grenade bullet that insta-freezes.

It's basicly gonna become a shoot out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Sorry, no room for casters or melee unless you got guns too.

... OMG SHOTGUN NINJAS! >.>;

So yeah... Boo for PvP; it's what makes me hate most online games in the first place. There's always imbalance between classes (in a commonly seen unfair way) thus causing everyone to migrate to one class to be able to fight on somewhat decent ground. =/ Might as well give us an extra character slot for a PVP character. *headshake* PVP + PSU = BAD IDEA

All of the above will make PvP hilarious to watch XD.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 10, 2008, 04:55 PM
PVP attracts all the little 13 year old assholes, 360 would be totally filled with them even more than they have now.
QFT
Applies to PC/PS2 servers too , just at a less prevailant degree IMO.

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:30, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Meh don't care, don't like it don't play it. Like it play it. Not like it's gonna affect me in the overall picture except add another option when I'm utterly bored.

Yeah. I probably won't play it, but I'm not about to bitch we got it.

I can't wait for the baws about getting cheated posted if US/EU ever gets it.

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
This is only that bad if bullets cause a Fortefighter to flinch. The idea is never ever let a fortefighter get near you, or get into Slicer Range. Otherwise, 1-hit dead. Since the Fortefighter does have the ability to do 6X or better damage at close range.

Fortetechers...hmmm. A tricky one. They'd want you to stay still first. (stop moving, I'm trying to hit you with a tech gosh darnit!!!) It's not like the old days of PSO where it was easy to hit the entire room with a Ra-tech.

Still, it should be entertaining to hear about, and I'll simply watch it from the sidelines. I would agree, it would probably end up a single-class event, or maybe a couple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-10 14:00 ]</font>

FateOfTheArt
Jan 10, 2008, 05:45 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind PVP if it was just another mode. If they have to rebalance things for PVP that's fine, as long as they leave PVE balance alone.

I've seen plenty of games that get PVP shoehorned in at a later date see massive changes to PVE gameplay due to PVP concerns. Most dev's won't balance PVE and PVP separately. They try to make a game that works perfectly for both, which usually means PVE getting borked due to PVP whiners eventually getting their way.

Now I'm not saying that something that works fine in PVE might not be pretty broken in PVP. But if it is, here's hoping Sonic Team doesn't tear the PVE mechanics apart in an attempt to get PVP working right.

superdood22
Jan 10, 2008, 05:48 PM
yay versus mode!! i cant wait and thats the truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ugh so there will be no way to use my future shide misaki? i have to use dumbeb down plain misaki's? icky.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 10, 2008, 05:53 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:36, Rayokarna wrote:

This is awesome news.

Dragwind
Jan 10, 2008, 05:56 PM
I'm only guessing people are going to flare up this class vs that class debates again only to find that they probably reduce everyone to basic classes and lvl 1 gear, haha.

Golto
Jan 10, 2008, 05:56 PM
For the pc/ps2 side pvp could be a bad idea. This would make more of the hackers come back. The normal population would not even increase by a outline star if this was a permanent feature in AOI for NA pc/ps2.

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:48, superdood22 wrote:
yay versus mode!! i cant wait and thats the truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ugh so there will be no way to use my future shide misaki? i have to use dumbeb down plain misaki's? icky.

Well, if they DO put a dominate pvp feature in the game (something more than just event missions) then we'll prolly have a PVP Rank and can use equips based off that rank. Like, if you had say, a 9* ranking, you can use 9*'s, or something like that. But you could only fight 9* people or above for actual ranks, and the rest just being fun. Or you'd have separate PVP gear and levels. >_> However, after PSO, I honestly don't think we're getting any of that.

seph_monkey
Jan 10, 2008, 06:17 PM
yay pvp, i mean i can understand that there will be those arse holes out there with there l33t talking things, but back in pso thats who me and my friend would target, the arse holes.

either way it sounds like fun and i hope that everyone just trys to enjoy them selves and not be spoiled sports

also i wonder how chamga will work, i mean if you get taunted (charm(you know the heart things(youknow..))) then does that mean youll only be able to hit the person that taunted you? i dunno personally i can see strategy but thats just me i guess

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-10 15:20 ]</font>

Freshellent
Jan 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:53, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2008-01-10 13:36, Rayokarna wrote:

This is awesome news.

Sign me up. I'm rather curious to see how this will work out.

Syl
Jan 10, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'm curious as well, PvP in games for me has always been pretty fun...

...until it becomes a deciding factor for disputes.

The only problem I can associate with PvP really. Some people think that just because they can beat you in PvP it automatically makes them right.

A: HEY THE SKY R GREEN
B: No, it's blue...
A: YA U PVP ME NAO CUZ U SUCK
*b loses*
A: HA U NUB C IM RITE!!!!1!111

And of course dont forget the e-peen flaunting that comes with PvP...

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
And of course dont forget the e-peen flaunting that comes with PvP...

It'll be a change of pace, at least, seeing people flaunt their PVP e-peens rather than just their "OMG LOOK @ MAH RAREZ I R MOAR LEET THN U!!! OMG SEGA TEEM DUN GIB THEM RAREZ, NOOBS I WERKED FER MIIINE!" bullshit.

DoubleJG
Jan 10, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'll try it, but I could care less about it.

I play this game for cooperative purposes. If I wanted to battle someone, I'd pop in Battle Revolution.

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 07:48 PM
See what I mean? Large amounts of resistance. AND it's 90% ridiculous and exaggerated.

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 08:14 PM
On 2008-01-10 16:48, Reipard wrote:
See what I mean? Large amounts of resistance. AND it's 90% ridiculous and exaggerated.

Indeed. But, that's what the topic is about, is it not? To see how people feel, be it resistant or not.

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
double posted me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-10 17:22 ]</font>

MSAksion
Jan 10, 2008, 08:25 PM
This is the dumbest thing ever. I already got a particular guild master challenging me to a duel.

Okay here's my Dueling Palette >_>

NOSDIGA Madoog / Foie Wand.
NOSDIGA Madoog / DAMUBARTA Wand.
BUFF Madoog / Buff Wand.
NOSDIGA Madoog / REGRANTS Wand.
NOSDIGA Madoog / GiZonde Wand.
NOSDIGA Madoog / MEGID Wand.

***Notice i took out my RESTA Wand cause in one combo i'm dead anyway >_> ***

My only hope is to spam Nosdiga and hope it stuns my opponent so i can FOIE the hell out of a helpless target.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MSAksion on 2008-01-10 17:33 ]</font>

seph_monkey
Jan 10, 2008, 08:44 PM
you know what you could do is be at a corner and dambarta, it has a purpose to shield also you know >_> and if he waits you can also doa regrants to knock him away so you can run or heal or w.e but im just saying you should think about it

xiuying
Jan 10, 2008, 09:05 PM
indiffereniatedgeorge bush called... wants his words back

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 09:11 PM
On 2008-01-10 18:05, xiuying wrote:

indiffereniatedgeorge bush called... wants his words back

http://www.earthisland.org/the-edge/BushOnPhone.jpg
I wunt my werds bak.

Bael
Jan 10, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hmmm....I'm not opposed to the idea. And i'm not opposed to keeping your gear either.
Just give each person set HP. (like 20k or something) and it should be fun. Like another mission only with actual players against you. 1v1 4v4 6v6 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

since in the story line there is "going to be war again" have a like a place say moatoob, and enter just like a mission. you enter with just one weapon slot. and all others are locked. no scapes. all mates and self buffs and group buff allowed. no photon charges.

this would make forces, rangers and hunters have equal ground. no matter the race, each would have a strength and a weakness. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anyway, that's my ideas and thoughts.

Nai_Calus
Jan 10, 2008, 09:22 PM
Considering how much PSO's battle mode sucked shit, I have no hope of a PSU version of battle mode being anything but pure shit as well.

Ahh, thank god I don't play on the US servers. In addition to the already fucktarded 'waaah levels and raerz r 2 ez nao i had 2 wurk fur tem u n00b y st du u maek mai rarez wurtless?' idiotic whining, it'll be nothing but 'u suk i kik ur ass y u no want du pvp u chikin ur a luzr' ridiculous twatwafflery.

Also on the PC/PS2 side of things there's absolutely no way to level things out - Anyone on PS2, or with a lower-end computer, is going to be fucked. Even if I wanted to do it, I'd be fucked because I don't have a big shiny computer - I run slower than other people, period, I can start out running to the next room slightly ahead of someone, we both run in a straight line, and by the time we get there, they're ahead of me due to my slowdown they aren't getting on their computer. It's going to be the same thing for every other person who doesn't have a monster computer. Why the fuck would anyone want to play in a situation like that? Even some of the PVPtards should see that.

As usual, nice idea, but...

(Also yes, even if I didn't play it myself it would affect me, as I'd have to put up with goddamned morons who sat there whining at me to go do PVP against them. It was a stain on PSO, it's not going to be anything else on PSU.)

Shou
Jan 10, 2008, 09:25 PM
The more the merrier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Schuler
Jan 10, 2008, 09:44 PM
PSU is a game about teamwork. PVP takes away this element because now we can just challenge each other everytime we disagree about something. Instead of building relationships with the small population we have, trash talking and aggression will tear the few of us apart.

I will definitely try out the PVP but only to see how it works. I would rather be making friends, not enemies. When any kind of PVP is in a game it brings about competition. There is always a negative aura in the game where everyone is killing each other. Anyone remember Halo 2? Get on that game for 10 mins. and you will be dissed into a tiny pulp for often times nothing at all.

PVP is a bad idea for PSU. PSU was designed to be a party game, not an FFA brawl. Go play halo if you want to be a savage and mindlessly kill people, dont do it here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schuler on 2008-01-10 18:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schuler on 2008-01-10 18:52 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 10, 2008, 09:52 PM
I dont see y so many people are complaining.

You have a choice to play it and a choice not to.

Y are u all complaining!?

*disclaimer* I didnt read a single post of this thread cuz i didnt wanna read all the dum anti-PVP stuff lol

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 09:55 PM
For those saying PVP will destroy PSU... can anyone name a competing MM/ORPG which PVP has destroyed? FFXI? WOW? EQ? SW:G? Anyone?

Schuler
Jan 10, 2008, 09:57 PM
um SW:G. everywhere you go you have a gun jammed up ur ass.

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 09:57 PM
Runescape.

O wait, Runescape was ruined when Jagex made it.

Zing

pikachief
Jan 10, 2008, 09:58 PM
On 2008-01-10 18:57, KyEmo wrote:
Runescape.

U cant ruin a game that bad

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 09:58 PM
On 2008-01-10 18:58, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-01-10 18:57, KyEmo wrote:
Runescape.

U cant ruin a game that bad

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

-Tidus_415-
Jan 10, 2008, 10:04 PM
If everyone starts off as LV1 in PvP then Newmans will dominate. High Evasion + Foie? lol block -> JA Foie -> GG

AC9breaker
Jan 10, 2008, 10:13 PM
On 2008-01-10 18:44, Schuler wrote:
PSU is a game about teamwork. PVP takes away this element because now we can just challenge each other everytime we disagree about something. Instead of building relationships with the small population we have, trash talking and aggression will tear the few of us apart.

and what game have you been playing where this has not been going on? Look at the official forums, or the these forums and you can very easily see that even without pvp people will talk trash, hate on each other, and generally not get along. as for cooperation. A lot of you guys must have a very ambiguous understanding of the word. PSO C-mode, that was Co-op, FFXI is co-op shoved down your throat.

Machine Glitch so you can kill everything before I can even look at it is not co-op.

Booting people from your team because he had mother fucking rappies or some kind of rare monster is not co-op.

Calling a drop in a team and then the person not upholding the trust sytem of calling drops is not co-op.

Joining someones random game and killing yourself on purpose so they don't S rank or whatever is not co-op.

But if co-op to you is having another person to push a button while you push a button so you can kill more monsters, then I sure as hell don't want you on my team.

In any case people still fail to see the light of this weather they like co-op or not. That is easily detectable blacklist players. Because I sure as hell don't like everyone and sometimes wish there was a way for me to figure out if I could blacklist people with out having to waste time dealing with stupidity. OH WAIT! This guy just called me a fag because i won't "f1 ba"

But if your the type who gets easily offended by being called a fag queer homo bitch or any kind of racial slur, by some video game character who doesn't even know the slightest bit about you then EL motherfucking Ol EL.

Cause I tell you what. I'm gonna enjoy watching the drama that will undoubtedly unfold on the message boards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-10 19:44 ]</font>

HaydenX
Jan 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
Humans wouldn't have a chance if they did that (maybe shadoog...but that's it).

At level 1, what chance would a human have?

In terms of street fighter...

Newmans = Ryu
Beasts = Ken
Casts = Dhalsim
Humans = Balrog...

I don't like the whole level 1 thing.

Schuler
Jan 10, 2008, 11:38 PM
On 2008-01-10 19:13, AC9breaker wrote:

and what game have you been playing where this has not been going on? Look at the official forums, or the these forums and you can very easily see that even without pvp people will talk trash, hate on each other, and generally not get along. as for cooperation. A lot of you guys must have a very ambiguous understanding of the word. PSO C-mode, that was Co-op, FFXI is co-op shoved down your throat.

Machine Glitch so you can kill everything before I can even look at it is not co-op.

Booting people from your team because he had mother fucking rappies or some kind of rare monster is not co-op.

Calling a drop in a team and then the person not upholding the trust sytem of calling drops is not co-op.

Joining someones random game and killing yourself on purpose so they don't S rank or whatever is not co-op.

But if co-op to you is having another person to push a button while you push a button so you can kill more monsters, then I sure as hell don't want you on my team.

In any case people still fail to see the light of this weather they like co-op or not. That is easily detectable blacklist players. Because I sure as hell don't like everyone and sometimes wish there was a way for me to figure out if I could blacklist people with out having to waste time dealing with stupidity. OH WAIT! This guy just called me a fag because i won't "f1 ba"

But if your the type who gets easily offended by being called a fag queer homo bitch or any kind of racial slur, by some video game character who doesn't even know the slightest bit about you then EL motherfucking Ol EL.

Cause I tell you what. I'm gonna enjoy watching the drama that will undoubtedly unfold on the message boards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-10 19:44 ]</font>

you actually unexpectedly aided my case. u say if we already have enough garbage in this game its ok if we just add more? its messed up anyway so lets just make it worse? sounds like a convincing arguement.... you should have considered running for the presidency. we need someone like you making the decisions for the USA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schuler on 2008-01-10 20:55 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jan 11, 2008, 12:04 AM
PvP'd be interesting in a RP format, I reckon. Then again with that, you'd have teamkillers and the what-not. A mixed decision, really.

superdood22
Jan 11, 2008, 12:13 AM
On 2008-01-10 19:13, AC9breaker wrote:

Will you marry me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif

Xaeris
Jan 11, 2008, 12:51 AM
Ideally, PvP would be a nice option to have, and a great, immersive diversion to engage in between PvE.

In reality, Sonic Team's idea of PvP will likely be altering the target detection to include player characters and leaving everything else alone.

SATatami
Jan 11, 2008, 01:13 AM
On 2008-01-10 21:51, Xaeris wrote:
Ideally, PvP would be a nice option to have, and a great, immersive diversion to engage in between PvE.

In reality, Sonic Team's idea of PvP will likely be altering the target detection to include player characters and leaving everything else alone.

All I got to say to that is...

CHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICH IKKICHIKKICHIKKI

StanleyPain
Jan 11, 2008, 01:17 AM
C-Mode was awful in PSO. Not much fun, really. PSU isn't different enough from PSO to really change PvP dramatically...it'll still be a dumb addition just for competitive, chest-banging types who can't play a game unless they can PWN N00BS or whatever.

Some games PvP works and fits with the gameplay...I don't see that with PSU, but whatever.

Gen2000
Jan 11, 2008, 01:27 AM
Heh, pro or anti-PvP, I just think it's funny that a while ago people were all like "PvP won't be in PSU...EVER".

....and here we are now (or soon).

I don't care about it personally, just another option when bored. It will most likely too horrible for me to even take seriously being on PS2 unless they fix the random PA unloading and slow framerates when things gets the tiny bit intense. Getting gunned down because I can't outrun a bullet would be lame.

SATatami
Jan 11, 2008, 01:30 AM
The main problem I see with PVP is that already, this game has some major sync issues between players. Ever see a FF Majarra something from across the room?

Mewnie
Jan 11, 2008, 01:37 AM
On 2008-01-10 18:55, Sinue_v2 wrote:
For those saying PVP will destroy PSU... can anyone name a competing MM/ORPG which PVP has destroyed? FFXI? WOW? EQ? SW:G? Anyone?

FFXI PvP.. what is it? Soccer? Fucking soccer. LOL.

WoW? PvP v1: PvP in the battlegrounds for 20 hours a day to get the highest rank. Casual PvP? LOL. v2: Sit in an arena all day, farming points. Play a priest? GTFO. LOL.

EQ: PvP servers were always the lowest population, and they finally took them ut behind the barn; ie. rolled them all into Rallos Zek. LOL.

City of Heroes: Sure, if you want to do it for shits and giggles, but it's common knowledge that Villains can't hold a candle to Heroes. Plus the Arena is still buggy. LOL.

PSU PvP: Just another half-baked PvP system tacked on to a PvE game. There totally won't be balance issues that drive off everyone but the most rabid PvPers. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

Sailosekin
Jan 11, 2008, 01:52 AM
well krisan while u do state some good points its not totally true that it won't afect the ppl who dont want to play pvp. I notice with all things that do have pvp a certain level of arogance and cockiness is created when people have the option to settle there opinions through force rather then words. I can predict somone coming into my party and wanting to compare all the rares he has to everyone else and i can see myself saying like anyone in here cares so instead of this turning into a verbal battle it would just shift to physical one. I can see situations like this happening alot espcially with all the surpressed tension we already have with not being able to do anyting except yell at ppl we dont like or disagree with. In short pvp may have a adverse affect on our otherwise somewhat sophisticated and civilized community.

oops should have qouted him

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sailosekin on 2008-01-10 22:56 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 11, 2008, 02:18 AM
So at the end of the first day, the results are...

I'm indiffereniated to the idea of PVP, old bean. 48 % 48.04 % (49)
I would love PVP! 34 % 34.31 % (35)
PVP would ruin this game 17 % 17.65 % (18)

17% say it'd ruin the game. Honestly, this number was lower than I expected.
34% would love PVP. This was lower than expected.
And 48% of you guys just didn't give a crap. That makes me laugh, ahahaha....

Freshellent
Jan 11, 2008, 03:23 AM
On 2008-01-10 19:16, HaydenX wrote:

Newmans = Ryu
Beasts = Ken
Casts = Dhalsim
Humans = Balrog...

What? I'm not sure what your getting at.

Gen2000
Jan 11, 2008, 03:27 AM
Depending on the Street Fighter game, each of those characters were top/god tier of different series so I'm not getting that either.

Weeaboolits
Jan 11, 2008, 03:30 AM
Did they even say it was a battle mode? I think a race to clear the stage on either side is probably more likely.

Desecration
Jan 11, 2008, 03:38 AM
Just call me Player Killer, *Smiles with an evil grin and pulls out Ank Dedda* Bring on the night of a hundred player kills.

xgp
Jan 11, 2008, 03:47 AM
plz no do not put pvp in this game

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2008, 07:43 AM
I would say, if there's one single way that PVP would hurt this game, it is simply the inclusion of code that would allow folks to hack their way to killing others in a PVE game. That is, if they don't do it carefully like it was in PSO. Hopefully, they don't open themselves to hackers again. Fortunately, it wouldn't serve nearly the purpose that it did in PSO. (player robbing) Since nobody drops stuff on incapacitation anymore. Now, it would just be annoying.

Ken_Silver
Jan 11, 2008, 09:13 AM
"I'm getting off the playground. Now where did I put my dolly?"

That will sum up my idea of the PVP. If you don't like it don't play it and get labeled as a "PWZOR" or "Wuss" or something else degrating. But stick & stones will break bones, and dumb, not funny words will get you blacklisted. I might do it, if I can find a group of NON-competetive friends to play with. I'm more for the Racing and Survival options, but that's for another thread.

But sure have your PVP, no one has to do it. I mean, there will be no drops from those missions and all, so why worry? "Hakuna Matatta" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reipard
Jan 11, 2008, 09:45 AM
PVP is supposed to be fun. You metagame, you win some, you lose some. You have fun.
It's the people that take the end result too seriously and act like jerks about winning/losing that drain said fun.

That doesn't mean everyone is like that, nor does that mean PVP shouldn't come to PSU. But the ePeen flaunters and so on that people complain about can and should just be blacklisted. They'd be there regardless of PVP or not.

Saphion
Jan 11, 2008, 10:19 AM
On 2008-01-11 06:45, Reipard wrote:
PVP is supposed to be fun.

Unless you live in EU, in which case the server lag renders the entire PvP concept pointless.

NPCMook
Jan 11, 2008, 10:29 AM
Wait... they are adding in PVP, WHERE THE FUCK IS C-MODE THEN http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Truthfully I give less a care for PVP, whoo check out my 14:1 win lose ratio wowowowowowow, no one cares except those who must show off t3h e-peen. If you don't like it, don't play it, if you are getting hassled, BLACKLIST; DO YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

and I agree; many epic lulz coming thanks to PVP

panzer_unit
Jan 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-01-10 22:37, Mewnie wrote:
PSU PvP: Just another half-baked PvP system tacked on to a PvE game. There totally won't be balance issues that drive off everyone but the most rabid PvPers. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

If ST could manage just to leave things exactly as they are right now, it's just a question of who abuses maps and Freeze G traps best or who can fire first. Dump the whole thing in a good map like Rozenom and it would probably be awesome.

But I bet they don't leave things exactly as they are right now and you end up being right.

PS the smiley kills me. I steal now.

RemiusTA
Jan 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
How does PSOW feel about it?

Like a 17 year old rich girl who didnt get the color ferrari she wanted on her birthday party on her peroid with a chip suck in her tooth. Gonna Bitch like no fucking tommrow.

I just dont get you people. You bitch about how sonic team keeps slowly unlocking content, but when they try to give us brand new GAME MODES you go mother effing crazy. Sonic Team cant win with you bunch. I seriously dont know why you keep paying to play this game when you bitch about it and every inclusion to it 24/7.

And heres the funny part. Its just like with the Master Classes : you dont know what the FUCK their going to do with it. At all. No Details whatsoever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-11 13:46 ]</font>

seph_monkey
Jan 11, 2008, 08:03 PM
well now that i know how many ppl dont wanna pvp, nows the perfect time to start my "hunter for hire" i was thinking about ;D let the money just flow in

xeku
Jan 11, 2008, 09:07 PM
Sounds awesome to me.
Options are a good thing.
The groups I've gamed with over the years never took this stuff seriously anyhow (even while playing FPS) - it was all just good natured fun.

PSO's Battle Mode was a sloppy, broken, lag-ridden mess, but we still got a kick out it regardless. The delayed-deaths due to server lag were especially amusing......perhaps our collective sense of humor is a bit "off", but we couldn't help but laugh at it all. Certainly not something to lose sleep over.
Hell, it just wouldn't be the same if it actually worked correctly!
It's a Sonic Team game......of course it's broken.
No, I'm serious - I don't expect anything else from these guys (and it bothers me not one bit).
It's an online, multi-player, Diablo-in-a-spacesuit, hack-n-slash-loot hunt, replete with cute-as-a button, customizable avatars....ignore the suit and tie (it's just a clip on, WalMart clearance special).
Accept this, and move on....you may even find yourself enjoying the game now and again...lol

LaMBoLOgy
Jan 11, 2008, 11:20 PM
If pvp does come about, everyone has an option to play or not to play. Pvp will bring a lot of the trash talk pvp games have, but also a new aspect to the somtimes repetitive gameplay.

Vashyron
Jan 11, 2008, 11:34 PM
On 2008-01-10 22:30, SATatami wrote:
The main problem I see with PVP is that already, this game has some major sync issues between players. Ever see a FF Majarra something from across the room?

Yeah that is a problem the game gets Unsynced too much.

..Also people could abuse lag, say like you could start downloading all this stuff and you'll probbaly get dc but if you just hit the other player a few times and stop downloading won't all those hits register? (if you don't get dc XD)

RemiusTA
Jan 12, 2008, 12:44 AM
my guess is that we wont even be able to USE photon arts that powerful.

pikachief
Jan 12, 2008, 01:19 AM
yea i wouldnt be suprised if it said we couldnt use ultimate PAs or "Frag PAs"

Honey_Bot
Jan 12, 2008, 02:18 AM
i agree with krisan the only thing i can ad is that remember krisan these are the same people who from day one (of PSU) have been moaning about how it is not like PSO. locked i a box i say locked in a box!

TranceZiggy
Jan 12, 2008, 03:52 AM
I've wanted PVP since day one of PSU..

*PSO Ba6 Vet.*

Played Battle Rule 6 for 4 years, imho it's what defined my PSO experience.

GIB PVP NAO!

keanon
Jan 12, 2008, 05:46 AM
I find this entire post funny, not funny haha I'm superior and you suck, but funny as in everyone that posted on the fact that they would not like to see PVP released due to the amount of negative gameplay it would bring, would only have to revisit this post to see how right they were. PVP isn't even available yet and already you have people jumping at each other with aggressive behavior. I've already seen so many posts with people calling each other all sorts of names, and for what? the purpose of the post was to get everyones opinions on there feelings of PVP play being released, not who's right and who's wrong.

While I would like to see something in this game that would add a little definition to it especially when boredom strikes, I don't believe ST is in any way ready to release it, there are too many flaws right now in the system as it is from balance issues to simple factors like internet speed.

I also have to agree with the fact that adding a feature like this can make or break a game in the sense that, those who are looking to play a new game and see that PSU has PVP (future plausible statement, not fact) and begin playing for this feature to begin with, may stop playing if it's broken, and players who already play the game might find it frustrating. I've played games that have had broken features before and the truth is if it's something that you have been looking forward to for a while and find it unsatisfactory you may leave the game for another with the same feature just to satisfy that craving, not always permanently, but it does happen. So we shouldn't discredit the fact that it may have some serious blacklash, just because you have never found yourself in that position doesn't mean no one else has either.

On the other hand if the problems that we face now are fixed before this feature is released I would welcome it. Variety is good for gameplay, I just hope they don't put it in a frequently used lobby, I can understand those who feel they will have a lot to deal with when it comes to players who feel the need to challenge everyone for no reason other then to just boast their scores, having something like this in a commonly used lobby would only make that even more difficult, even with blacklisting. and any who contest with that only add to this statement. Mostly due to the fact that this is just my OPINION on the matter, and nothing I've said in the last paragraph is backed by any facts, I may be wrong.

AlphaDragoon
Jan 12, 2008, 11:44 AM
I don't want it unless they figure out some way to balance the hell out of it. As it currently stands, using the system we use to fight monsters on the field would put Gunners/Forces at a HUGE advantage, just as it did in PSO...Although in this game, there is the ten times worse aspect of someone killing people before they even reach them with Chikki. And hopefully traps can't be used otherwise Protransers have the "I win" button AKA Freeze Trap EX.

If they made it FAR different from the standard game (maybe give all weapon types a set amount of damage no matter how rare they are, add in fighting game style health meters instead of the HP), then it could work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDragoon on 2008-01-12 08:46 ]</font>

AC_Griff
Jan 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
i think PvP would be interesting in psu, bot killing gets boring sometimes, but only if done right by sega lol. for anyone who doesnt want/like PvP if it does appear its simple dont play it. what i dont get is how can you judge something that has neither been released or confirmed, You cant judge somethings effect untill you have tried it.
look at the dark ages science=bad, people tried it then, science=good

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC_Griff on 2008-01-12 09:43 ]</font>

Alamar
Jan 12, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, speaking for myself. No PVP.

icemanh
Jan 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
i guess most people that dissagree with this (MOST NOT ALL) just cant imagine wat the pvp would be like.. im PSO it was fun as hell.. (besides the delsabers) if they brought it back id defently play it

Reipard
Jan 12, 2008, 05:23 PM
I find this entire post funny, not funny haha I'm superior and you suck, but funny as in everyone that posted on the fact that they would not like to see PVP released due to the amount of negative gameplay it would bring, would only have to revisit this post to see how right they were. PVP isn't even available yet and already you have people jumping at each other with aggressive behavior. I've already seen so many posts with people calling each other all sorts of names, and for what? the purpose of the post was to get everyones opinions on there feelings of PVP play being released, not who's right and who's wrong.

That's not because of PVP. That's because this is PSO World.

Zael
Jan 12, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'll like it only if it's like BA rule 6 where you start with pre-set levels and equips.

chaoskila
Jan 12, 2008, 06:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dj26szSsv0U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9nuIuZMTLsc
which one is better? lol

KyEmo
Jan 12, 2008, 07:04 PM
Damn, that is some spunky music in the first one.

Mewnie
Jan 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
On 2008-01-12 02:46, keanon wrote:

While I would like to see something in this game that would add a little definition to it especially when boredom strikes, I don't believe ST is in any way ready to release it, there are too many flaws right now in the system as it is from balance issues to simple factors like internet speed.

I also have to agree with the fact that adding a feature like this can make or break a game in the sense that, those who are looking to play a new game and see that PSU has PVP (future plausible statement, not fact) and begin playing for this feature to begin with, may stop playing if it's broken, and players who already play the game might find it frustrating. I've played games that have had broken features before and the truth is if it's something that you have been looking forward to for a while and find it unsatisfactory you may leave the game for another with the same feature just to satisfy that craving, not always permanently, but it does happen. So we shouldn't discredit the fact that it may have some serious blacklash, just because you have never found yourself in that position doesn't mean no one else has either.

On the other hand if the problems that we face now are fixed before this feature is released I would welcome it. Variety is good for gameplay, I just hope they don't put it in a frequently used lobby, I can understand those who feel they will have a lot to deal with when it comes to players who feel the need to challenge everyone for no reason other then to just boast their scores, having something like this in a commonly used lobby would only make that even more difficult, even with blacklisting. and any who contest with that only add to this statement. Mostly due to the fact that this is just my OPINION on the matter, and nothing I've said in the last paragraph is backed by any facts, I may be wrong.

I don't really give a shit about PvP, not going to partake in it. But, from past experience, and looking at Sonic Team's track record, adding PvP as an afterthought to a PvE game is guaranteed lulz.

OldCoot
Jan 12, 2008, 11:52 PM
If I was on the decision making board, I would push to not allow PvP. Maybe some like it and more power to them, but being PSU is more of a team type game where you should be working together and depending one another (all of us being Guardians) PvP just does not fit.

Reipard
Jan 13, 2008, 12:09 AM
If I was on the decision making board, I would push to not allow PvP.

The other people on your decision making board there would actually use logic and statistics in their decisions. 'lol u shuld be wurking together its a team game omfg' does not fly in a business environment when you're making decisions based on attracting and maintaining customers.

LloydWaver
Jan 13, 2008, 08:23 AM
I've nothing against PvP in PSU, although I don't think it would work in any way. If they permanently release it, I probably won't be playing it.
Here's what I think about it:

Forces wouldn't have a chance! Their casting speed is way slower than in PSO plus you have to aim the techs yourself (instead of the auto-aim in PSO, Zonde for turning 180 degrees anyone?).

Next is that gunners have the big advantage of well...guns. Twin Handguns are pretty damn powerful since you can actually walk while shooting. Result: you'll have a hard time closing in the distance when fighting a gunner. Just think of how many shots you will be blocking, which will slow you down. Not even mentioning freeze or confusion. Especially Fighgunners, if you find yourself walking against a wall...just Tornado Dance your way out.

Another thing...Killer Shot. No need to explain here I think.

But...if they reset all your equipment and level, it isn't fun either, since you'll just end up smacking eachother with sabers...

physic
Jan 13, 2008, 08:48 AM
uhhh people thinking forces would suck, you ever play pso battle? because regardless of the fact hunters did way more dmg and had acess to more guns, forces were still incredibly dangerous.

Dont think that just cause you can do 5k dmg to a mob you ll do that to a player, defense could work very dif, or just have dif effect when we have so much more of it than enemies do

they will also prolly have knockdown invunerability. magic cant be evaded, debuffs etc.

Anyhow no one knows how it will be implemented, or if it will even be a direct battle. It also at this point is only in a event mission. And really people wont be that battle happy if it has no effect on the reg game, ie no exp drops or whatever are obtained from it. you worry too much for no reason

PurpleDucky
Jan 13, 2008, 09:23 AM
I think PvP might make an interesting addition to the game. It could be fun! A new experience! Something different to do! I have no idea how Sega would go about setting it up or balancing it, mind you...

What's wrong with having a little roped-off section where people can go and get their PvP on? While free-range, kill-em-all PvP is a bad idea, it's not like a PvP mission option is going to effect normal missions. No one's going to gank you in the middle of a run.

necman
Jan 13, 2008, 09:25 AM
Yay a negative thread. I don't see anything wrong with pvp but I don't think it will get balanced out very well. Sega is like 0 for a million by now. Besides everytime something new comes out you either have to spam it or solo cause nobody wants to head anywhere else. Everyone seems to think gunners would have the advantage but they are very weak. I'm also sure(hopefull) that they would at least balance it out a little bit but then again it would be a mode for fun more so then winning.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 13, 2008, 10:30 AM
I don't remember people acting like jerks in Battle Mode in PSO. Most people in online PVP games are even friendly. Any trashtalk is usually playful and only once in a while you get an Angry Alan who just lost his job, has gas from eating bad food, and is 12-days constipated whilst being nagged at by his mommy.

magenta
Jan 13, 2008, 11:05 AM
I for one dont want pvp on psu.
lag would be much worse than it was for psu
and would be exploited even more.

then the biotchin and dishonesty (cheating - ty RB) some of the "well known" players will get up to.

it was bad enough on pso .

Torbin
Jan 13, 2008, 11:34 AM
I'm nowhere near a PVP elitist, but I can say that the occasional PVP between friends is fun. It's not the type of thing where you're all BOOM HEADSHOT! it's more like, "Oh, I need to learn how to actually dodge instead of taking every single hit like those damn dirty FFs." You tend to play games better after a bit of sparring with friends... Or at least it seems.

+1

I agree with everything there and would like to add that PvP will also add a little more variety to combat then battling the [unarguable] rather shoddy and easy to predict AI Sega put in this game.

Though the only thing I do worry about it how dominating some of the classes are going to be in PvP.

I can already tell Acrotechers will shine. And I think I have a template set for it already XD

PWand with Megid and Diga
Zon-Madoog
Har / Quick

H/Q is for spamming Megid most of the time. Diga is to keep other techers silenced. The Zon-Madoog is for shock so hunter classes can't PA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

seph_monkey
Jan 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
yea but diga has that curve on it wich you kinda gotta get real close or far away to hit and its slow, also we've (people that play psu not just you and me lol) have dodged megids before and zonde is kinda the same principle, straff away from those. sry for the miss spellings i know i miss spelled something, i cant type so gewd. but yea if you do land a hit it would do some hefty damage. you just gotta remeber these arnt computers we'll be fighting there gonna actually dodge o_o well some ppl wont
i have a gunner a hunter and a force so i kinda got variety on my side lol

edit: dam my bad spelling >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-13 10:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-13 10:48 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Jan 13, 2008, 02:05 PM
I think it'd be a nice addition to the game personally, it'd give me something else to do aside from AFK all day or spam boring ass missions. To the people that want to whine and moan about it, theres a simple solution: Don't participate in it, it's that simple. If you don't think it's a good idea, just keep spamming your missions and forget it even exists. So much whining about stuff being added to the game, better than not getting a damn thing at all.

Not saying I don't believe it will be unbalanced, because unless there are some major restrictions it obviously will be.

Just my $0.02.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 16, 2008, 01:27 AM
Get out

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 16, 2008, 01:28 AM
Why don't you try one of the 9001 other PvP topics?

Here's a recent one: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=166893&forum=20&149

Totti
Jan 16, 2008, 01:30 AM
^ Beat me to it.
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9356/pvpej9.jpg

R2D6battlebot
Jan 16, 2008, 03:19 AM
Noobs want it. Because theyre noobs.

Indica
Jan 16, 2008, 03:24 AM
casts and newman won't dominate? My Newman will friggin mop everyone all over the floor in PvP match

KamiSori
Jan 16, 2008, 03:51 AM
i want it so i can pwn all u noobz for saying PvP sux!!!!!!

SATatami
Jan 16, 2008, 03:58 AM
On 2008-01-16 00:51, KamiSori wrote:
i want it so i can pwn all u noobz for saying PvP sux!!!!!!

u r not 1337 enuff tho! I m lvl 120 wit al 12* equpis n al r 10/10 so u wuld di on da spot tanks 2 mai awesumnez o n u lak a penor

jayster
Jan 16, 2008, 11:41 AM
On 2008-01-16 00:24, Indica wrote:
casts and newman won't dominate? My Newman will friggin mop everyone all over the floor in PvP match

that's my topic and it's gold.

Telina
Jan 16, 2008, 11:47 AM
i wish they would impliment it, so long as they keep it seperate from the regular gameplay. If they do that i'm pretty sure i can ignore it....But i can't ignore all the topics about PVP.

Though the last thing i'd like to see in this game is some elitist player getting upset that someone picked up a copernia and turns the nice plesant run into a free for all.... which i KNOW will happen.

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2008, 12:38 PM
As I said before, the only big concern is whether they break PvE code with PvP. People don't remember that it was the PvP stuff that allowed players to screw around and player kill folks in PvE in PSO. Now, it serves a much lesser purpose in this game. There's no way to steal from players doing it, this time. However, people don't do things like that for good (but dastardly) reasons anymore. They do it just to get off on somebody else's misfortune or inconvenience.

physic
Jan 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
actually it wasnt pvp code that allowed them to pvp in pso, it was happening since the first one, PSO v1 (had no pvp at all) methods changed thoughout, there was a point where werent even killing you with a skill, you'd just die mid pt for no reason. and i think one of the early ones just involved grants mistargeting.

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2008, 12:53 PM
I think it started before, but the PvE killing method employed in v2 actually utilized a PvP exploit (loophole).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-16 09:53 ]</font>

Reipard
Jan 16, 2008, 10:31 PM
MechGuns can stack on eachother with infinite PP if they're glitched!
That must mean we must NEVER EVER ALLOW MECHGUNS TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN ANY FUTURE ONLINE GAMES.

KaiNova7
Jan 18, 2008, 12:47 AM
Wow.So many negative people.I've been waiting for pvp in psu personally.It was good in PSO.
Dont see why battlemode would'nt work in PSU.
As said before, rebalancing will is the key.,
But what makes you all think the core system of pvp was'nt already on the disc>
Story mode anyone? fighting the brothers or ethan waber..great example.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 18, 2008, 12:51 AM
I just dont want to see people running around screaming- " I totally pwned that noob, im uber 1337". And people spamming- "No one can beat me, im the best on PSU. Your all noobs". Peoples egos are already bad enough on PSU without PVP. Im gonna have to blacklist half the population. The half that does PVP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2008-01-17 21:52 ]</font>

Andy1423
Jan 25, 2008, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure what Sonic Team will do, but I believe PvP could add some missing element to the PSU era.

-Imagine if there was 3v3 team battles

-Organized teams. Think of it as a sport in the PSU realm.

-Special items obtained by the Top ranking teams, who knows

However, Sonic Team will have to really put some time in this. Massive network testing, player stat balances, and other issues need to be nailed down. Anything short of awesome, is basically mediocre or crap, and PSU doesn’t need anymore crap. I.E. Lame Kubara Weapons that aren’t nearly as good as the original grinded 10/10. > I mean what’s the point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-01-25 06:40 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2008, 09:54 AM
And that's the trick. I really think ST has no idea how to balance things, so it will definitely be short of Awesome.

ApocalypseDLM
Jan 25, 2008, 10:08 AM
I think it would be interesting and resurrect the whole game itself whether it is in a good or a bad way.

Bolvyn
Jan 25, 2008, 10:12 AM
I would have to say PVP will make the game more fun. Right now there is no meaning in the game but lv up and get rare weapons. There is not a real good reason to lv up. If there is PVP that is where you can show your talent and what you can do with your weapons. Right know there is nothing you can do but show off your weapons and the damage. They should make PVP it will make it more fun in the game. It is getting boring right now. They need a change. I like the game but there is no real reson to lv up and the misson has no meaning behind them. But jest lv up and find rares and that is all. If there is PVP you can prove to your frend that you are the best. So I am all for PVP. Like PSO was that was cool.

TecherRamen
Jan 25, 2008, 10:16 AM
On 2008-01-10 11:20, l_Will_l wrote:
Im not against us getting it. more variety is more variety. But all i can see this turning into is who can change their armor/melee weps/techs/bullets faster. I mean once someone see someone using a light armor, there gunna pull there dark stuff, then that person will change to dark armor.. and so on and so on. It wont work like it did in PSO simply because elements rule this game with an iron fist more or less. Everything is based around elements here. So unless they make this PVP mission like C-Mode for PSO, start us off at 1 and give us like neutral PVP gear separate like PSO's C-Mode. I dont see a chance for this to prosper into something that wont be just a big pain in the ass for everyone more or less.

What about using neutral Armor? Or a neutral weapon? Then none of that would matter Just SEs..

ApocalypseDLM
Jan 25, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think pvp would be interesting and resurrect the whole game itself whether it is in a good or a bad way.

Silhouette
Jan 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
I would like to see some sort of PVP aspect in the game. I really hope that the game's focus doesn't simply shift entirely to it, as some games have, but I would like to see it included, is all.

omegapirate2k
Jan 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm going to wait for it before I pass any sort of judgment on it.

SJW89
Jan 25, 2008, 08:17 PM
I find it hilarious that all the people here who claims they're too good for being a noob ass about PvP tend to be the worst ones, especially because whenever they lose (100% of the time) they say "so, it's not like I play 24/7" or "like I care about PvP."

If you don't care about PvP, DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT!

Psycho_Sonic
Jan 25, 2008, 09:55 PM
On 2008-01-25 10:14, omegapirate2k wrote:
I'm going to wait for it before I pass any sort of judgment on it.

On 2008-01-25 17:17, SJW89 wrote:
I find it hilarious that all the people here who claims they're too good for being a noob ass about PvP tend to be the worst ones, especially because whenever they lose (100% of the time) they say "so, it's not like I play 24/7" or "like I care about PvP."

If you don't care about PvP, DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT!

Both of these, QFT.

Finalzone
Jan 26, 2008, 03:23 AM
The poll is already doomed before it even started.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 03:44 AM
On 2008-01-26 00:23, Finalzone wrote:
The poll is already doomed before it even started.

I don't see how it was doomed before it was started, when I got EXACTLY what I was asking for. The poll was a success. Nothing less than that.

BlackEarth
Jan 26, 2008, 03:56 AM
PVP seems so pointless in a game that has no dexterity skill uses. This game is not like Tekken or Soul Calibur where you can use different combos to defeat your opponet, it is press the attack button or use your photon art, thats it. PSU is an extremely fun game, but not in good nature with PVP.

The only way I see PVP being a big hit is if there is a lobbying system where you can challenge anyone at any level and put in a wager (probably meseta offerings).

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 08:26 AM
On 2008-01-26 00:56, BlackEarth wrote:
PVP seems so pointless in a game that has no dexterity skill uses. This game is not like Tekken or Soul Calibur where you can use different combos to defeat your opponet, it is press the attack button or use your photon art, thats it. PSU is an extremely fun game, but not in good nature with PVP.

The only way I see PVP being a big hit is if there is a lobbying system where you can challenge anyone at any level and put in a wager (probably meseta offerings).

[quote]I find it hilarious that all the people here who claims they're too good for being a noob ass about PvP tend to be the worst ones, especially because whenever they lose (100% of the time) they say "so, it's not like I play 24/7" or "like I care about PvP."

If you don't care about PvP, DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT!/quote]

QFT

Since you CAN battle anyone of any level, I don't see the point in this post. Meseta betting would be pointless too, I don't know why you want it because you'd be bankrupt in a week.

If you don't like PvP, DON'T PLAY IT!

Rapture
Jan 26, 2008, 03:17 PM
I really couldn't care less about it as i wont play it,it sucked big time in PSO.It could work better in this game but the combat/movement etc isnt that great still.

Also,if they made it like PSO battle then you levelled up as you killed players so the stats thing isnt to bad but battle was pretty bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rapture on 2008-01-26 12:20 ]</font>

DRO
Jan 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
I for one am looking forward to kicking a bunch of psow asses.Get in line bitches!

DreXxiN
Jan 26, 2008, 08:29 PM
Anyone ever thought of how broken EX traps would be in PvP? lol.

chaostroop3
Jan 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
diga in pvp .... 1 hit kill ftw XD

Miyoko
Jan 26, 2008, 10:05 PM
With how slowly diga moves, the only way you'd ever get hit by it would be if you actually TRIED to get hit by it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 11:05 PM
On 2008-01-26 17:32, chaostroop3 wrote:
diga in pvp .... 1 hit kill ftw XD

Phantom+10, Phantom Line, Hard / Power Charge, Lv40 Grav Shot, Lv120 (15 fortegunner)

2 hit multikill ftw "xD"

With how slowly diga moves, the only way you'd ever get hit by it would be if you actually TRIED to get hit by it!

I'd TRY to catch diga to prove how weak it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-26 20:06 ]</font>

thebummers
Jan 28, 2008, 11:56 AM
Seems Japan will be getting a PvP portion of their upcoming Dengeki Cup or whatever it is called. So it is possible the future of PSU may contain PvP. I thought about the PvP experience I have had in some other MMORPG type games and came up with three concerns:

1) Keep PvP jerks out of my game. In some games, PvP is very obtrusive into the casual non-PvP player's gaming. In some games, a PvP player can join any game and slaughter lower level, less powerful characters at will. Sometimes even being able to take their items or cash. Thankfully I don't foresee this happening in PSU with passworded missions.

2) PvP must be something you request from another player who can decline to fight if they choose and PvP should take place in a specific, designated area of the game. PvP can sometimes mean when you take your character into the popular room/area to find other players to xp with (Uni 2 Lobby of the Week), you are bombarded by offers to fight from 16 year old kids with anger management issues who spray insults at you liberally in public chat. I can totally foresee this happening in PSU. Just spend two minutes in the Uni 2 club during 1up Cup...

3) Don't mess up the character build I have that is working against the game because PvP in introduced. PvP can often lead to massive rebalancing of characters to make up for those 1 or 2 classes who can cause massive damage or exploit some aspect of the game over other PvPers. I wouldn't want my character rebalanced becuase of PvP. I would prefer to stay balanced toward the AI of the enemies in the game. This rebalancing would probably happen in PSU. It's happened in every other game that introduced PvP after the fact.

Just some ideas that would make PvP something all players could live with if it is coming to PSU.

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 11:58 AM
May I direct you here? http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=166893&forum=20

thebummers
Jan 28, 2008, 12:00 PM
Sigh. I've been 4um trolled already. I am not interested in if people want PvP. I wanted to share my thoughts on it when/if it comes. But I will surely turn in my Message Board Snobs of America card at the next meeting...

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
Umm. I don't see how giving a link to the major PVP topic of the time, ESPECIALLY when it has info you seem to be clueless about, is trolling. Points 2 and 3 are indication of this, and point 1 belongs in the linked topic. So before you even say I've trolled, read the info and look around. =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-28 09:08 ]</font>

The_Gio
Jan 28, 2008, 12:19 PM
1.PSU is riddled with jerks so unless you can control freewill then your screwed
2.of course itll be your choice,itd be stupid if whoever is the highest level is superior
3.I always thought the characters were balanced for PvP but apparently alot disagree

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 12:22 PM
On 2008-01-28 09:19, The_Gio wrote:
1.PSU is riddled with jerks so unless you can control freewill then your screwed
2.of course itll be your choice,itd be stupid if whoever is the highest level is superior
3.I always thought the characters were balanced for PvP but apparently alot disagree

1. Indeed.
2. You actually have to GO in the mission with them, so yeah.
3. This game isn't too balanced at all actually. >_>

amtalx
Jan 28, 2008, 12:40 PM
I assure you, there will be lots of Megid/Zonde and MG glitching. Fun for the whole family.

The_Gio
Jan 28, 2008, 12:41 PM
i personally always see people saying the game needs to be rebalanced whether cuz a monsters too hard or because a PA is too weak i think developers do this on purpose to give us some variety and to challenge but what does the community do?turn around and complain,again this is just my opinion

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 12:49 PM
On 2008-01-28 09:41, The_Gio wrote:
I personally always see people saying the game needs to be rebalanced, whether it's because a monster's too hard or because a PA is too weak. I think developers do this on purpose to give us some variety and to challenge us, but what does the community do? Turn around and complain. Again this is just my opinion.

Fixed up a well-thought arguement. Hope you don't mind, Gio.

thebummers
Jan 28, 2008, 12:54 PM
Lol wow. You point out that I should not create a new topic (the true calling card of the forum police) and then you grammatically correct the last person's post. You must have a whole lot of free time to do these things? Lol.

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
On 2008-01-28 09:54, thebummers wrote:
Lol wow. You point out that I should not create a new topic (the true calling card of the forum police) and then you grammatically correct the last person's post. You must have a whole lot of free time to do these things? Lol.

Actually, it's my day off. I have time to be bored like this. *pokes F5 key* Refreeeeeesh.

RedMussel
Jan 28, 2008, 01:08 PM
On 2008-01-28 09:40, amtalx wrote:
I assure you, there will be lots of Megid/Zonde and MG glitching. Fun for the whole family.

Zonde?

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
On 2008-01-28 10:08, RedMussel wrote:

On 2008-01-28 09:40, amtalx wrote:

Zonde?

Shock.

Pengfishh
Jan 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
Shock!

zandra117
Jan 28, 2008, 02:54 PM
Um... you do know that when PvP is implemented in PSU it will be in an arena, right?
Its not like your gonna be running white beast and suddenly someone joins and PKs you.

Anduril
Jan 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
On 2008-01-28 11:54, zandra117 wrote:
Um... you do know that when PvP is implemented in PSU it will be in an arena, right?
Its not like your gonna be running white beast and suddenly someone joins and PKs you.

Though I must say that that would be pretty awesome. Especially if you could PK jerks/scammers/glitchers.

Soda
Jan 28, 2008, 03:03 PM
They will probably have it like it was in PSO,Start out with ur character at LV1 and fight or have your LV 200 kill a LV2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pikachief
Jan 28, 2008, 03:09 PM
On 2008-01-28 11:54, zandra117 wrote:

obviously no one listens cuz its been stated a few times that u dont HAVE TO PVP someone, it'll be in its own arena and u can choose to enter, yet people still whine >.>

Soda
Jan 28, 2008, 03:12 PM
People that played PSO Have an Idea How Its goanna be,I loved killing my friend at the dragon then putting a telepipe on him lol

SLY_J
Jan 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
I really like the idea of casual PvP in PSU. I have a techer friend who's convinced that he could beat the ever-living snot out of me "with Diga alone." Just the thought of finally being able to make him eat those words makes me shiver with sadistic glee...

Pikku
Jan 28, 2008, 04:17 PM
PvP was one thing I played only 2 times on PSO (because 2 friends wouldnt shut up and wont stop bugging me to play the, in it once).
Even though I won those both times, I hated it and found it boring.
Itll just be an option Ill skip on PSU too. If anyone bugs me to PvP theyll just get blacklist for the day if they dont want to hear no for an answer -.-

ZEO_X
Jan 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif rawr drops! someone else gets it. you dont deserve it! i challenge you to a PvP match! ...

the 2 leave right in the middle of the mission. everyone else is like wtf?

seph_monkey
Jan 28, 2008, 08:09 PM

actually thats my bro who's in the hospital and to the irony told me that someone was kind enough to correct him lmao, he called me a while ago

hey gio hope your reading this!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-28 17:11 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 08:12 PM
On 2008-01-28 17:09, seph_monkey wrote:

actually thats my bro who's in the hospital and to the irony told me that someone was kind enough to correct him lmao

Well. I'm glad he thought I was kind about it. It really was a wellput post that needed a bit more visual flair, you know.

seph_monkey
Jan 28, 2008, 08:17 PM
On 2008-01-28 17:12, SATatami wrote:

actually thats my bro who's in the hospital and to the irony told me that someone was kind enough to correct him lmao

Well. I'm glad he thought I was kind about it. It really was a wellput post that needed a bit more visual flair, you know.

yea hes left arm is somewat paralized and i was talking to him on the phone, and psu came up and he was talking about post and said that he post but was emberrased of his punctuation and said luckly someone was kind enough to correct him heh.

anyhow! yea pvp pretty crazy... pretty crazy... cmon it be fun dont do it if you dont like it enjoy if you do

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 08:18 PM
On 2008-01-28 17:17, seph_monkey wrote:

On 2008-01-28 17:12, SATatami wrote:

yea hes left arm is somewat paralized and i was talking to him on the phone, and psu came up and he was talking about post and said that he post but was emberrased of his punctuation and said luckly someone was kind enough to correct him heh.

anyhow! yea pvp pretty crazy... pretty crazy... cmon it be fun dont do it if you dont like it enjoy if you do

Oh, what's up with his arm?

And yeah. PVP is going to be a choice. You'll never be forced to play it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miakyo
Jan 28, 2008, 08:26 PM
My loli-friend has the utmost desire to Jabroga and Redda me to kingdom come. I'm also to take screenshots providing this comes to fruition soon (Yes; I agreed to it).

I like the idea. Spreading the differential gameplay forms on a title that only has a limited amount to start with (Not that I'm complaining, I do consistently play after all) should prove interesting.

I could write the flaws in this, but they've more then likely been said. Just blacklist the rather provocative youths and enjoy the game as need be.

tacoshell68
Feb 3, 2008, 06:22 AM
why would pvp be so bad i would love to add a new aspect to the game im tired of farming phsychowant boards for money to buy new axes ok i think it would be cool if u could do arenas get specail pa frags and special spells photon arts ext.

icewyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 06:43 AM
So in summary, regardless of what anyone at psow or anywhere else feels, PVP in PSU would be terrible, because PSU is simply not designed for it. Whether you want to play it or not, it would still suck, so there isn't anything else to debate.

Reipard
Feb 3, 2008, 07:51 AM
So in summary, regardless of what anyone at psow or anywhere else feels, PVP in PSU would be terrible, because PSU is simply not designed for it. Whether you want to play it or not, it would still suck, so there isn't anything else to debate.

Says who? Just because you think so doesn't mean that everyone else does.

icewyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 08:52 AM
This isn't a subjective issue; PSU is factually poorly designed for PVP gameplay. You think teleporting monsters, delayed techs and effects, and other weird lag issues are bad? Wait till you see hunters trying to spam PAs on each other, or protransers trying to attack with traps.

Trust me, PSU does not have the netcode in place for any kind of decent PVP. This isn't about some personal gameplay viewpoint, this is a comment on the sheer technical impracticality of PVP in PSU. Fair enough?

CeruleanWitch
Feb 3, 2008, 11:14 AM
On 2008-01-10 19:16, HaydenX wrote:

Newmans = Ryu
Beasts = Ken
Casts = Dhalsim
Humans = Balrog...

A human female definitely wouldn't stand a chance. Make Casts = Akuma and humans = Dan, then it'll work out nicely.

seph_monkey
Feb 3, 2008, 11:22 AM
pvp can work with psu its not really that bad unless your in like a 3v3 and on ps2 you'd probabily would lag. there is more tactic in this then normaly cause your fighting actual ppl on the other side there not just gonna rush you get knocked back then rush again and if they are then there just stupid.

pso had pvp and dam the fighting system in that was horrible. but alot of ppl still enjoy'd it cause you wernt fighting an idiot computer. psu doesnt have to have crazy gewd pvp cause psu isnt gonna be only about pvp its just gonna be for fun. you dont see ppl that love driving games saying the races on psu arnt gonna be realistic.

either way psu IS geting pvp so does it matter. dont like it dont play it, other things are gonna come out too you know not just pvp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-02-03 08:24 ]</font>

Mewnie
Feb 3, 2008, 12:03 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

CeruleanWitch
Feb 3, 2008, 12:14 PM
On 2008-02-03 08:22, seph_monkey wrote:
pvp can work with psu its not really that bad unless your in like a 3v3 and on ps2 you'd probabily would lag.

And have about 50 more Haseos join PSU?

MrNomad
Feb 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
I'm still not sure about pvp. All I can say is they prolly should make it like on PSO pvp to keep shit like slicer spamming and all that from the game. Allowing you to put your own restrictions to your pvp would be a very good idea, since a lot of people don't want to play games with all slicers >.>

icewyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
pso had pvp and dam the fighting system in that was horrible. but alot of ppl still enjoy'd it cause you wernt fighting an idiot computer.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-02-03 08:24 ]</font>

PSU would have worse PVP than PSO, believe it or not, due to the crazy netcode PSU uses. But hey, have fun with that. Plenty of other online multiplayer games are unplayable due to netcode, PSU pvp will just be the same (ever play heavy gear 2? Yeah, the netcode that came with the PC release version would still be better than PSUs.)

Whatever, enjoy your super teleporting fun time when/if it ever comes out.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
On 2008-02-03 09:03, Mewnie wrote:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

QFT

Leahcim
Feb 3, 2008, 02:33 PM
A few days into the PVP, Sega will FINALLY realize how overpowered slicers are (and Fortefighters >_> ) so maybe they'll finally do some balancing? =3

seph_monkey
Feb 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
On 2008-02-03 11:26, icewyrm wrote:

pso had pvp and dam the fighting system in that was horrible. but alot of ppl still enjoy'd it cause you wernt fighting an idiot computer.

PSU would have worse PVP than PSO, believe it or not, due to the crazy netcode PSU uses. But hey, have fun with that. Plenty of other online multiplayer games are unplayable due to netcode, PSU pvp will just be the same (ever play heavy gear 2? Yeah, the netcode that came with the PC release version would still be better than PSUs.)

Whatever, enjoy your super teleporting fun time when/if it ever comes out.

dude if you teleport alot in the game then you probabily have problems. also its not even out yet maybe ill hate it. but you shouldnt be ignorant about it and just hate it outa nowhere. and yea i will enjoy it, its better than doing the same exact thing over and over on psu.

yea i also hope they do something about slicers :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-02-03 14:27 ]</font>

superdood22
Feb 3, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hopefully they will let you do like Smash Bros. Where you could choose a damage mod thing (or etleast tone tp and atp to a certain criteria or w/e that means to your liking), and rome the free missions, however there would be no enemies or boxes.

seph_monkey
Feb 3, 2008, 05:25 PM
oops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-02-03 14:26 ]</font>