PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: PSU 3

Androse_Sye
Jan 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
I wonder what they well put in PSU 3? I hope it comes out for Wii even though ppl have beaten that Dead Dog to many times, but i hope they put some of they ol pso levels on it and come back with the J-Sword

PALRAPPYS
Jan 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
Not gonna happen.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kylie
Jan 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
Moar cities and PS2 ---> PS3. I love my current charries, but I'd honestly rather stop making progress on the same ones after a while, especially if I can trade them in for better graphics and the like. Besides, PSU will need a good restart if they continue the series further with a third installment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-01-10 13:22 ]</font>

Minamo
Jan 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
There will be a PSU EP3 but I don't think it will move to the Wii platform due to the graphic and network problem.

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:09, Androse_Sye wrote:
I wonder what they well put in PSU 3? I hope it comes out for Wii even though ppl have beaten that Dead Dog to many times, but i hope they put some of they ol pso levels on it and come back with the J-Sword

oh boy, a pso-stuff wanter.
*inb4idiotswhopostbeforetheythinkandgetthreadslock edupbecausetheyreassholes*

A few things.

1. PSU 3 may never come out the way it's going so far. on the ps2/pc side we got a bunch of players when aoi came out, but those numbers have since drifted into pre-expansion numbers.

2.PSO levels may be possible in this version, as stated in the MAX attack G thread here, go read it.

3. It pains me to say this, but the J-Sword is a big NO, there's a 99% chance that it won't EVER come out.

4.It would not come out for wii, it just wouldn't work, I'm sorry. The odds are if PSU 3 did come out it would be for the PS3, 360, and PC, and MAYBE for the PS2. (Unlikely)

5. To all the PSO-haters, please dont get this thread locked with flaming posts to this guy. Unless you have something good to say, don't bother posting, it's stupid. Go waste your time somewhere else.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 10, 2008, 04:54 PM
come back with the J-Sword

We already have that. it's called Agito Repca.

Androse_Sye
Jan 10, 2008, 04:57 PM
Oh wow thats kool

pokefiend
Jan 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
I hope ST makes a PSU story mode spinoff like the one for PSP.

SirenV
Jan 10, 2008, 05:01 PM
On 2008-01-10 13:23, Ryan113 wrote:
1. PSU 3 may never come out the way it's going so far. on the ps2/pc side we got a bunch of players when aoi came out, but those numbers have since drifted into pre-expansion numbers.
I've been considering this myself. I guess it's also worth pointing out that the numbers are that low with the US/EU players combined. It still hasn't been OFFICIALLY released for PC/PS2 in EU yet from what I hear, it comes out tomorrow supposedly, but that will change nothing. I'm sure a good deal of them just downloaded the game or imported it.

The AOI players boosted things for a bit to maybe 5 stars in one server (Still not the 2 1/2 full servers that PC/PS2 used to have before the mass evacuation), but that's still a ludicrously low amount of players for a brand-name online game of this nature. The ironic thing was that this game was designed with PS2 in mind, and yet it has the lowest amount of players.

That being said I'm sure it's still much more popular in Japan, and more popular here on 360... but I don't see how this game will last another 5 years cross-platform like PSO. If it does happen to falter, hopefully it will make ST pay closer attention to the next title they develop, and learn from certain management mistakes. We may still get a PSUv3, but it wouldn't surprise me much if it doesn't go as far as/ much further than that.

RedMussel
Jan 10, 2008, 05:08 PM
Will this be the end of PSU, Tune in next time to Sailor Moon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedMussel on 2008-01-10 14:10 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 05:14 PM
I believe they already said that AoI's Ep III storyline was the "conclusion" to the storyline. Whether that means just the current storyline or an end to PSU as a series, we don't know. They also said that PSO Ep III was the conclusion of PSO's story (which it was, technically, since Blue Burst takes place before the events of Ep III).

There's far too much I'd want in the game to list, or that's even fesable at this point. A few things they could possibly work in... more cities, vehicle transport/combat, more unique and less "photonic" weapons, more side-quests and storyline quests you accomplish as a team, dual slicers, some decent clothing options, a speed boost to Newmen, better designed and more interesting maps (Old Rozenom City is a good example), less reskinning, and an explanation as to who the hell that girl is in the relief sculptures aboard the Guardians Colony.

It would also be neat if the next PSU expansion took place several hundred/thousand years in the future - but to do that you'd have to pretty much create an all new game.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 10, 2008, 05:15 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:08, RedMussel wrote:
Will this be the end of PSU?! Find out next time, ON DRAGON BALL Z!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedMussel on 2008-01-10 14:10 ]</font>

Fix'd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-10 14:15 ]</font>

RedMussel
Jan 10, 2008, 05:16 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:15, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Will this be the end of PSU?! Find out next time, On Sailor Moon!!!!!

Fix'd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-10 14:15 ]</font>
eww, fixed again >_>

RemiusTA
On 2008-01-10 13:23, Ryan113 wrote:

oh boy, a pso-stuff wanter.
*inb4idiotswhopostbeforetheythinkandgetthreadslock edupbecausetheyreassholes*

A few things.

2.PSO levels may be possible in this version, as stated in the MAX attack G thread here, go read it.

3. It pains me to say this, but the J-Sword is a big NO, there's a 99% chance that it won't EVER come out.

4.It would not come out for wii, it just wouldn't work, I'm sorry. The odds are if PSU 3 did come out it would be for the PS3, 360, and PC, and MAYBE for the PS2. (Unlikely)

5. To all the PSO-haters, please dont get this thread locked with flaming posts to this guy. Unless you have something good to say, don't bother posting, it's stupid. Go waste your time somewhere else.

Btw, you people DO know that the japanese version of this game has like quadruple (perhaps even more) the PC/PS2 population, and that the 360 servers arent doing that bad?

Androse_Sye
ah lol, but they could of done alot better on PSU:AoI... Like they could of made it where you could use Ryuker(Telepipe) becuase then that would be real handy, and anyways Sega has been do a sorry job with PSU period....

RemiusTA
Jan 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
PSu simply suffers from sega's bullshit idea of advertising.

In fact, ive yet to see a PSU OR AotI add on TV. Ever.

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 05:19 PM
Will this be the end of PSU, Tune in next time to Sailor Moon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dude, Sailor Moon was awesome.

On 2008-01-10 14:15, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Will this be the end of PSU?! Find out next time, ON DRAGON BALL Z!

Fix'd.

Wasn't much of a fan of DBZ. GT I liked more though.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 10, 2008, 05:22 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:19, KyEmo wrote:

I still say that show should of been about space sailors, who did everything that a normal sailor does, but in SPACE!

RedMussel
Jan 10, 2008, 05:25 PM
Send this topic back on track about PSU 3!

Moon Healing Activation!

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 05:37 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:22, Chuck_Norris wrote:

I still say that show should of been about space sailors, who did everything that a normal sailor does, but in SPACE!

You.... are a genius!!!

On 2008-01-10 14:25, RedMussel wrote:

Moon Healing Activation!

Tsch, noob. It's Moon Healing Escalation!!1

Yeah, we better put this topic back on track...

RedMussel
Jan 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:37, KyEmo wrote:

On 2008-01-10 14:22, Chuck_Norris wrote:

You.... are a genius!!!

On 2008-01-10 14:25, RedMussel wrote:

Moon Healing Activation!

Tsch, noob. It's Moon Healing Escalation!!1

Yeah, we better put this topic back on track...

I dunno what they said back then, i hardly new what was going on and why they were in clouths like that lol

Middle
Jan 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
... there is PSU on PS2 , though it's possible for wii ... grafik could get a bit better ... and what did yopu say about network? do you mean bexause of the Friend codes ?
that's not necessary ... EA has it's own Wii network too...
think about PSO on GC ... sega could do the same on wii ... maybe better! the question is : Does Sega want this?

I think the chances to get it on wii are better than for PS3 , because MMORPGs have often lower grafik , so that many players can play with the same requirments!

when AOTI was announced noone could guess the success of the Wii ... maybe now they recognized!

... and SEGA would get good old Nintendo/PSO players that own a Wii to play PSU!

If SEGA is clever , they'll bring it on Wii ...
... they have good contacts to Nintendo!

Aviendha
Jan 10, 2008, 05:45 PM
PSU Episode 4 will finally introduce Newman Summons as a special attack! Humans will still get the shaft though.

Androse_Sye
Jan 10, 2008, 05:47 PM
I wonder if they will tie in PSO storyline with PSU 3

Androse_Sye
Jan 10, 2008, 05:51 PM
An Middle i think if Sega wanted to make money by putting PSU on Wii then ya, but then again sega probably wouldnt because thats Sega, they are not smart

zandra117
Jan 10, 2008, 05:54 PM
PSU 3 is for PSP, it will be the oddball of the PSU series just like with all the PS series. 3rd game is always the oddball.

RemiusTA
Jan 10, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hopefully they arent dumping too many resources into that game, though.

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 06:01 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:54, zandra117 wrote:
PSU 3 is for PSP, it will be the oddball of the PSU series just like with all the PS series. 3rd game is always the oddball.

I guess that's one way to look at it. I had considered PSP as nothing more than a side-game which fleshes out some particular niche part of the storyline but is not critical to the overall story. Sort of like Phantasy Star Gaiden.

Dragwind
Jan 10, 2008, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't hope for it.

Rayokarna
Jan 10, 2008, 06:23 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:57, RemiusTA wrote:
Hopefully they are now dumping too many resources into that game, though.

fix'ed

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
PSP is being outsourced... soo....

Chaosgyro
Jan 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:18, RemiusTA wrote:
PSu simply suffers from sega's bullshit idea of advertising.

In fact, ive yet to see a PSU OR AotI add on TV. Ever.

I stated what I'm about to say in another thread, but as it was in the rants section no one ever saw it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Advertisements wouldn't help PSU. At all. No matter how many time slots they bought during the Super Bowl.

People flock to a game because of: 1. Developer reputation and 2. Word of mouth (in which I include reviews and game sites). Sega has zero to negative reputation right now. People remember their name for a few failed consoles and a string of poorly conceived Sonic cash-ins. The word of mouth on PSU is almost universally bad. Those of us who like the game tend to talk amongst ourselves more than anything else, and the reviews were not kind...not kind at all.

It would be like a friend telling you that some new movie is total crap, then seeing a commercial touting the new movie as being from the same guys who brought you Waterworld and Dragon Wars. That commercial wouldn't suddenly make you want to see the movie unless you were really damn bored and needed something to laugh at.

Everquest 2 had a freaking movie trailer that played before some major films in its launch year, and it still got totally smashed by WoW - who only started doing commercials once they'd passed 6 or 7 million subscribers.

No, advertisement isn't the cause of this partial birth abortion case that is PSU - it's a few very questionable management/design decisions and a grindfest, rerun-the-hotspot gamestyle that doesn't fit the desires of most of the market.

Sinue_v2
Jan 11, 2008, 12:04 AM
To expand on that, leading up to PSU's launch I had like seven people interested and ready to pick the game up. Even bought a spare copy for a friend who was layed off at the time and couldn't afford his own copy. All of them had quit before or shortly after the Christmas following launch. Two of them didn't even bother buying it after reading initial reviews.

Ryoki
Jan 11, 2008, 12:07 AM
My only response to this topic is:

lol

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 11, 2008, 01:53 AM
Let's not forget, I believe it was Miyoshi who said that PSU would have a 5 year plan. Communication between Gurhal and Ragol would not be out of reason I think. After all, the people of gurhal would want to know about this other civilization when the SEED and Illuminus are gone. Who knows, The holy light could actually be a representation of The Great Light from the Algol series which could lead the game to what was the now dropped Phantasy Star V

ChaosAngel92
Jan 11, 2008, 02:20 AM
On 2008-01-10 22:53, Jonathan_F wrote:
Let's not forget, I believe it was Miyoshi who said that PSU would have a 5 year plan. Communication between Gurhal and Ragol would not be out of reason I think. After all, the people of gurhal would want to know about this other civilization when the SEED and Illuminus are gone. Who knows, The holy light could actually be a representation of The Great Light from the Algol series which could lead the game to what was the now dropped Phantasy Star V

To all those who dont bealive PSU is connected with the rest of PS series....