PDA

View Full Version : X-BOX 360: what is it like :)

Wavey
Jan 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hey all,

I've recently got an xbox 360 for crimbo, and my subsription has just ended on pc/ps2 servers. I'm thinking of taking up the fight on the xbox.

I'm from the UK, is there many other english peeps online? Is the community ok? not really embraced the whole headset talking yet, will I be constantly abused. Graphics any better?

Oh and another question, how do you pay for a subscription, does it have to be credit card? I only have maestro you see. Can you use points?

Proto07
Jan 11, 2008, 12:13 PM
I don't know how the ps2/pc servers are but i'm sure they're like the 360 servers. First few servers are crowded, full of people who like to hangout in lobbies and spam. Some people have adopted some servers as language servers. Server 13 - French server, 16 - Japanese server, 21 - latino server.

Chat is nice. Although some issues do appear once in a while. Like you not being heard in a party but being able to hear everyone else. These issues can be fixed though by resetting your xbox or headeset. I don't know if you'll be abused. (for your brit accent I assume? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif or your low level?) Depends on the player/party. I wouldn't worry about it.

You pay for your account by credit card or a prepaid card. You can't use points.

jayster
Jan 11, 2008, 12:14 PM
There's a good bit of english players on xbox. Once you meet a couple, you tend to meet a lot of their friends who seem to be english as well.

Rashiid
Jan 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
We have a Latino Server? o.o

Anyway, no mic abuse is rare, just be sure you can type fast incase you run into parties that care (or just leave, which is usually better)

I've ran into many english people in morning hours (like 6-7am EST), so they're out there.

goaferboy
Jan 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
Im from England and I normally see quite a few English people. If you play in the morning/early afternoon, theyre mostly English since Americans are still in bed. You come across more Americans in the evenings. My gamertags got UK in it and haven't had any abuse yet.

Ithildin
Jan 11, 2008, 12:35 PM
I'm from the UK too and I've had loads of fun playing PSU on 360. If you get some good team mates up together you have no need to worry about abuse as you are less likely to jump into a random game. If you need help levelling just let me know! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I would say the graphics on 360 are much much better than that of the PS2 and it plays a lot better, less slow-down... Having said that I also play on the pc and that has arguably the best graphics (that's if your pc specs are good enough) and I raely experience slow-down in the game, other than that of lag.

chibiLegolas
Jan 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
The mic is a godsend! Well, for me anyways. It's great to meet ppl from around the globe, and hear their accents. Get different perspectives in life and chatting away while you're all working to kill stuff in game is an added layer of fun for me.

Besides, the mic helps a ton if you're in a pinch, or during certain spots in this current event where you'd need to communicate on certain puzzles. Typeing these things out back when I was on PS2 bugged the hell out of me. ><

Wavey
Jan 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
can you get a prepaid card here in the UK? I ask because my credit card doesn't seem to want to work at the moment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
And thanks Ithildin, may just take you up on that offer )

Proto07
Jan 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
I use a debit card for my account. You might be able to use your Maestro card.