PDA

View Full Version : boss box amount doubled?

majan
Jan 11, 2008, 02:00 PM
I think not. we just found a de ragan tail and a burn / resists out of de ragnus boxes.

...so that must mean that instead of de ragnus box X2 or de ragan box X2,its de ragan boxes + de ragnus boxes.

or does it alternate and either one is doubled regardless of the fact that you killed both bosses?

anybody else run into this?

The2dCour
Jan 11, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yes. I got a De Ragan Tail after De Ragnus. No idea if it was 2x Ragan boxes or 1x Ragan and 1x Ragnus. I would guess that it is one of each, but who knows? Anyone getting a Dorso and a Tail? Or a Cati/Hit and Cati/Power >______>a

GreenArcher
Jan 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
Fakis has double boxes

drizzle
Jan 11, 2008, 02:14 PM
1 + 1 = 2 = double

Telina
Jan 11, 2008, 02:18 PM
the drops were not doubled, but the ammount of boxes that appear were. I feel your pain though, my friends and i have been running for about six hours and have found nothing but three burn resists from the bos boxes.

Though, we did find a hyper viper board in block 1 of our very first run lol

RedMussel
Jan 11, 2008, 02:21 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:18, Telina wrote:
the drops were not doubled, but the ammount of boxes that appear were. I feel your pain though, my friends and i have been running for about six hours and have found nothing but three burn resists from the bos boxes.

o o o wind it up o o o o o o

Anduril
Jan 11, 2008, 02:28 PM
When I soloed the Ragen/Ragnus run on C I got two Ragnus Dorsoes, and one Ragen Tail. This just proves that people who sold off their 11* weapons in anticipation of crazy boss box drops shouldn't have done so. Seems that it just gives you the combined boxes of the two bosses. But I will try my hardest to get a Kazarod next week!
Edit: Darn me and forgetting to put the n't after should.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-11 11:44 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 11, 2008, 02:39 PM
Yea its just the combination of the two bosses

chu-chu-chu
Jan 11, 2008, 02:43 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:00, majan wrote:
I think not. we just found a de ragan tail and a burn / resists out of de ragnus boxes.

...so that must mean that instead of de ragnus box X2 or de ragan box X2,its de ragan boxes + de ragnus boxes.

or does it alternate and either one is doubled regardless of the fact that you killed both bosses?

How about you read the thread about the event before sharing your great discoveries with the rest of us.

ps: how's buying 9star weapons in npc shops going for you? noob.

-Tidus_415-
Jan 11, 2008, 02:46 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:28, Anduril wrote:
When I soloed the Ragen/Ragnus run on C I got two Ragnus Dorsoes, and one Ragen Tail. This just proves that people who sold off their 11* weapons in anticipation of crazy boss box drops should have done so. Seems that it just gives you the combined boxes of the two bosses. But I will try my hardest to get a Kazarod next week!

Its possible to get 2 doros's in the regular de ragnus run anyway. So no. It's not double boxes. It's just a combination of both. 11*'s will still be ultra stupid rare. It's V1 boss boxs come on...It's not AotI.

Anduril
Jan 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:46, -Tidus_415- wrote:

On 2008-01-11 11:28, Anduril wrote:
When I soloed the Ragen/Ragnus run on C I got two Ragnus Dorsoes, and one Ragen Tail. This just proves that people who sold off their 11* weapons in anticipation of crazy boss box drops should have done so. Seems that it just gives you the combined boxes of the two bosses. But I will try my hardest to get a Kazarod next week!

Its possible to get 2 doros's in the regular de ragnus run anyway. So no. It's not double boxes. It's just a combination of both. 11*'s will still be ultra stupid rare. It's V1 boss boxs come on...It's not AotI.

:P Look at my edit. I typed too fast and forgot to compound "shouldn't". After all in context the word "should" doesn't make any sense in the rest of my statement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-11 12:16 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2008, 02:57 PM
Considering you got De Ragan tails, that sounds like an increased find of stuff in Boss boxes to me. I've yet to acquire one of those by questing, yet. Getting a De Ragan tail would be definitely "looking-up" when it comes to boss finds.

Neith
Jan 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
It's the most misleading statement ever.

Sure, you get 2x the boss boxes, but because you don't get any at all after the first boss, it's exactly the same as regular runs. I personally don't think the 250% drops apply to boss boxes either.

I was hoping to get a Zanshu-Misaki next week, but if it means I have to go through Magas just to get the Zoalgoug boxes, I don't know if its worth the time.

Well, at least the EXP is nice, heh.

Cerberus1981
Jan 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
I won't be wasting my time on these missions then.

I'm having to force myself to play lately so I think I'm just about done with this game, I was looking forward to this event hoping it would be my best and last chance to get an Asted, Rattlesnake and Needle Cannon.

Sinaku
Jan 11, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, Sega tried making it sound like we'd have an easier time getting the rare items from boss boxes by saying "DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF BOXES AT THE END OF A BOSS FIGHT." That statement is true, but in the most incorrect way. It is not double the amount of boxes from one boss, but each boss' box drops combined. Which is more like "1 room with both boss' box drops." Shame on Sega for poor quoting.

Sylpheed
Jan 11, 2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe my group have just got lucky then? Weve been running the new mission for around 3 hours and weve found a Gur Asted board and a Gudda Hon board.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 11, 2008, 04:00 PM
See, I thought it was cool getting twice as many fakis boxes after fakis.

I thought it was cool getting both the ragnus and ragan boxes in a short quick run.

It's crazy that you people don't read the pre-festa info and then get disappointed. Using information to keep your expectations in line with reality is a strategy I highly recommend.

GoldRidley
Jan 11, 2008, 05:00 PM
I can't verify this yet, but I'm kind of suspicious that collecting data disks boosts box drop rate. I had a group that got 10 disks consistently and were greeted by an unbelievable wall of red text at the end of every mission. I reiterate: THAT IS NOT PROOF.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
also consider that this may be a mistake on SEGA's part - did anyone post this on the official forums?

RikaPSOW
Jan 11, 2008, 06:16 PM
well, at least, since "everyone's" doing the mission, and almost all the bosses are in it, people are bound to make "some" rare boss box item's not as rare

Neith
Jan 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
On 2008-01-11 13:00, chu-chu-chu wrote:
It's crazy that you people don't read the pre-festa info and then get disappointed. Using information to keep your expectations in line with reality is a strategy I highly recommend.

Yes, and the Festa info said 'Double the Number of Boss Boxes'. I (and many other people) took that to mean 2x the boxes from Ragan, then 2x the Boxes from Ragnus. That clearly isn't the case, and it's 2x the boxes because it's a combination of both bosses' rares.

Its not our fault- it's a terrible way that Sega chose to phrase it.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 11, 2008, 06:57 PM
Well, you missed it because more than one poster explained the boss box situation at least a week ago.

Broodstar1337
Jan 11, 2008, 08:15 PM
Well, there's also the end boxes for the first block and the third block.

Jao
Jan 11, 2008, 08:40 PM
Off topic: how do you fight fakis?????
On topic: what i think they mean by doubled boxs is, you might have a chance on geting to of the same item

Neith
Jan 11, 2008, 08:43 PM
On 2008-01-11 15:57, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Well, you missed it because more than one poster explained the boss box situation at least a week ago.

I must've missed that. Point is, admins on the PSU boards announced it was Double Boss Box Drops- not 'Double Boxes, but you don't get any from the First Boss'. Whether people on the forum have seen otherwise or not, the admins (and the update page for that matter) both give misleading information.

Broodstar, the boxes at first and third block aren't treated as boss boxes, from what I can see. There's the same amount of those as normal anyway.

I still think either v1 boss drops should be made easier, or AoI drops harder, because the way it is currently makes no sense whatsoever.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 11, 2008, 08:56 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:18, Telina wrote:

Got a insane 2 in first room on one run and a burn / resist at the end, next run gave us another hyper viper board...me thinks their price will drop. Think someone got a made deghanna cannon earlier from the neudaiz route but they quickly left the group after that so i couldn't make sure.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 12, 2008, 09:57 AM
On 2008-01-11 14:55, SolomonGrundy wrote:
also consider that this may be a mistake on SEGA's part - did anyone post this on the official forums?

If it is, it's a mistake they didn't bother fixing for the Japanese either, since this is exactly how Thanks Festa worked.

Achaiah191
Jan 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
How much does a Dorso sell for? I found one earlier today.

Powder Keg
Jan 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:14, drizzle wrote:
1 + 1 = 2 = double

Pay attention. There are two bosses, and at the end of both you get one set from each boss...so it isn't really double, cept on Fakis.

Sekani
Jan 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
On 2008-01-11 14:00, GoldRidley wrote:
I can't verify this yet, but I'm kind of suspicious that collecting data disks boosts box drop rate. I had a group that got 10 disks consistently and were greeted by an unbelievable wall of red text at the end of every mission. I reiterate: THAT IS NOT PROOF.

No.

SStrikerR
Jan 12, 2008, 02:57 PM
On 2008-01-12 09:52, Achaiah191 wrote:
How much does a Dorso sell for? I found one earlier today.

not much at all.

Best run i got was 2 creadouble boards dropping in the first block, both of them going to the other 2 members of my team, and they both already have 3 themselves >_>

I just want the friggen fakis run, i want my dedda!!!!!
once i get a dedda im going PT >_>

majan
Jan 13, 2008, 03:16 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:43, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2008-01-11 11:00, majan wrote:

How about you read the thread about the event before sharing your great discoveries with the rest of us.

ps: how's buying 9star weapons in npc shops going for you? noob.

9*s in the shops was something I was led to beleive months ago and didnt come out to be true. big whoop. anything less retarted you want to bring up?

also,it seems like Im not the only person that isnt an absolute genius and discerned from the pre-festa info that it's 2 different boss boxes in the same spot being described as "double the amount of boss boxes". excuse the little kid in me for being misled by that because "double boss boxes" sounds a lot to me like DOUBLE BOSS BOXES,meaning X2 of the same boss boxes rather than 2 sets of boxes. this is more along the lines of the TTF quest from PSO.

but thank you, wise one, for clearing that up for us.

chokeitdown
Jan 13, 2008, 06:28 PM
"retarted"

hahaahahaha

tailz
Jan 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
fakis = double boxes
rest = boss + other boss

run moatoob/neudaiz, and ull notice that each branch of boxes alternates between neudaiz/moatoob drops

tyler2zelda
Jan 13, 2008, 08:05 PM
On 2008-01-13 17:01, tailz wrote:
fakis = double boxes
rest = boss + other boss

run moatoob/neudaiz, and ull notice that each branch of boxes alternates between neudaiz/moatoob drops

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but I'm guessing that it means that boss boxes alternate...

Nah, I don't get it.