PDA

View Full Version : AotI: not digging the new shop update :

Tita
Jan 11, 2008, 05:02 PM
i also don't totally understand it, so here's what i do understand:

if you want your items for sale to appear in search, you have to fiddle around with your shop (change prices, etc) so that the search recognizes you as active. does this "activity" last for a whole day, or it is per log in?

in other words, do you have to fiddle with your shop and continue to be "active" in the game for your items to still be search-able?

either way, this kills the whole point of having a shop search system. now when i'm trying to find mats or weapons or armors at the best prices with decent attributes, i get only a handful of results and not much variety.

if i ever had something to hate in psu:aoti,
which i never have, this finally did it.

(i made a smiley poll so i could feel better)
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2008-01-11 14:03 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 11, 2008, 05:10 PM
Source? First I hear of this.

Lamak
Jan 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
Aye.

panzer_unit
Jan 11, 2008, 05:19 PM
Give it a week or so, the list is only purged on each update so it will fill back up... hopefully with prices set by the guys actually trying to *sell* stuff instead of trying to turn their one slightly rare item into a lottery ticket.

Tita
Jan 11, 2008, 05:26 PM
ahh, ok, thank you thank you. now i get it.
i didn't know this happened every update.

i have no qualms then, close thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jan 11, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-01-11 14:19, panzer_unit wrote:
Give it a week or so, the list is only purged on each update so it will fill back up... hopefully with prices set by the guys actually trying to *sell* stuff instead of trying to turn their one slightly rare item into a lottery ticket.

I don't understand? Purging each update will still mean periodic purges. I only add 1-2 items per week, and I have a bunch of stuff that may take a month to sell (or more!).

wtf?

tirith
Jan 11, 2008, 05:58 PM
lower your prices? i think all you have to do is log in after an update and your shop becomes visable in the search again

JAFO22000
Jan 11, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-01-11 14:51, SolomonGrundy wrote:

I don't understand? Purging each update will still mean periodic purges. I only add 1-2 items per week, and I have a bunch of stuff that may take a month to sell (or more!).

wtf?

This system is included to weed out the shops of people who aren't playing any longer. Only happens when updates occur. The first time I logged on after the last maintenance, I did a search for an item that I knew was in my shop and my shop came up in the search function. I did not have to fiddle with anything in my shop. And even if you do, it only takes a few seconds out of your day to insert or reprice something - a minor inconvenience for what the system is doing to purge actual "dead" shops.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 11, 2008, 06:45 PM
On 2008-01-11 15:03, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2008-01-11 14:51, SolomonGrundy wrote:

wtf?

This system is included to weed out the shops of people who aren't playing any longer. Only happens when updates occur. The first time I logged on after the last maintenance, I did a search for an item that I knew was in my shop and my shop came up in the search function. I did not have to fiddle with anything in my shop. And even if you do, it only takes a few seconds out of your day to insert or reprice something - a minor inconvenience for what the system is doing to purge actual "dead" shops.

ahhh!