PDA

View Full Version : Are they gonna take away my Eraser? ;_;

Helly
Jan 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
So I overheard amongst the lobby spamming that there's a variant of The Protectors requiring Photon Eraser and that after the mission its taken away. Please say it ain't so! Is it like Firebreak where if you're holding the Eraser when the missions over it won't be taken away? Or is ST gonna be cruel and now allow us the option to keep it?

razkal
Jan 11, 2008, 05:36 PM
Lol, I snuck my photon eraser in my pant leg on my way out too!!!!

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 11, 2008, 05:37 PM
When you get the rare route it grants you the eraser.
You might be able to keep it if you leave while doing that part but I'm not sure... You might have to say goobye to your eraser if you do this event.

Sinue_v2
Jan 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
Damnit... and here I was hoping that I could end up getting a set of Eraser and Reflector.

Hell, I still have my Photon Eraser equipped. I still randomly pull it out and zap my team-mates with it once in a while for fun. It actually looks better than most of the actual rifles in PSU.

_K1_
Jan 11, 2008, 05:57 PM
It took mine... I'd had it since firebreak, too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'm going to try getting that map, equipping the Photon Eraser, then abandoning mission. Either of those worked in Firebreak, hopefully they'll work here too. I really that one less item spot, I guess.

HFlowen
Jan 11, 2008, 06:32 PM
Well, i've been mapping the rare maps for that route and I logged out during the firebreak part, I still have my eraser.

Telina
Jan 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
my friend lagged out mid run on the rare map and he kept his eraser. But he got it from the mission, he didn't have it from fire break. if that makes a difference

Christmas
Jan 11, 2008, 11:03 PM
My friend, Cyclona, says that Bruce has been planning this for months; he really wants all of his stolen erasers back! I knew I shouldn't have trusted a naked cast.

steely
Jan 11, 2008, 11:30 PM
i still got mine from fire brake lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
Jan 11, 2008, 11:32 PM
Last day of the event, spam the mission as much as possible until you get the rare map, get your Eraser, abandon, and go to bed. You'll keep it once again.

Vashyron
Jan 11, 2008, 11:43 PM
They took my one. D= That I had since firebreak...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XtremeStarfox on 2008-01-11 20:44 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 12, 2008, 12:07 AM
On 2008-01-11 20:03, Christmas wrote:
My friend, Cyclona, says that Bruce has been planning this for months; he really wants all of his stolen erasers back! I knew I shouldn't have trusted a naked cast.

Tell cyclona that somehow Kitty is behind all this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Noblewine
Jan 12, 2008, 01:24 AM
Yep your photo eraser will be taken only if you get the Firebreak map. A player that was in my party lost hers after getting that map. It was nice playing around with the the photo eraser for just a sec. <.<

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2008, 01:30 AM
Sadface. So long Photon Eraser, I loved you...

Helly
Jan 12, 2008, 01:33 AM
No one can confirm yet if you can keep it by having it equipped in-hand before the mission finishes? Well I haven't come across that map yet but if I do I'ma apologize to the team I'm in and leave ;_;

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 12, 2008, 03:27 AM
You can get it back. Just get the map again and leave when you have it equipped. Then stuff it in your common box or something.

Christmas
Jan 12, 2008, 03:41 AM
On 2008-01-11 22:33, Helly wrote:
No one can confirm yet if you can keep it by having it equipped in-hand before the mission finishes? Well I haven't come across that map yet but if I do I'ma apologize to the team I'm in and leave ;_;

It takes it away as soon as you beat the boss, but if you have it equipped you get to keep it. Problem is, to make sure you keep it you'll have to run around the whole time with the eraser equipped while your teammates are killing the boss.

Zufield
Jan 12, 2008, 03:49 AM
On 2008-01-12 00:27, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
You can get it back. Just get the map again and leave when you have it equipped. Then stuff it in your common box or something.

I was under the impression that you couldn't store the Eraser at all.

ravenraine
Jan 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
I wasn't around during Firebreak but I was playing the new mission solo last night and I got the rare map...I didn't even know what a photon eraser was but I got one and was trying to figure out how to use it...I finally figured it out but then I couldn't find the key I needed to advace to the next setting so I abandoned the mission and I still have my eraser!

I haven't tried to put it in my common box or anything but I think I will run in and try just to see...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ravenraine on 2008-01-12 07:53 ]</font>

Christmas
Jan 12, 2008, 01:58 PM
You can't store it, it's stuck on you. Which is why a lot of people got rid of it, they need the extra space.

Kylie
Jan 12, 2008, 02:09 PM
Not like it's a big deal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They had no use, anyway.

Anduril
Jan 12, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'm guessing it does, but just want to confirm. Will Bruce take your Photon Eraser if you got it from Winter Event if you go to the mission that was set up to return them. I'm almost positive he does, but I just wonder if anyone has done that.

Chris_Chocobo
Jan 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
The Photon Eraser like the Glasses must be primordial in every Guardian equip. I got equiped after killing Dulk Fakis on the Winter Event, and i got it. but after that. i entered on Fire Purification quest and Bruce take me off my Eraser! :@ but if you want to keep it. Equip it before Dulk Fakis die and you got it!

(I tested it and it works!) But Don't enter on Fire Purification!

Helly
Jan 12, 2008, 08:00 PM
waaah! I ended up on that rare map!

It was super scary but you all was right~ I made it out of there with my original eraser intact! I held onto it tightly vs True Fakis and healed around peoples with star atomizers~ they was all busy killing it anyway to notice me not fighting hehe...

landman
Jan 13, 2008, 05:56 AM
You can keep it just by handling it in the end of the mission, the problem is that you can't do that AND attack fakis

I will just find the rare map the last day of the event and abandon the mission the moment I get it

landman
Jan 13, 2008, 06:00 AM
You can keep it just by handling it in the end of the mission, the problem is that you can't do that AND attack fakis

I will just find the rare map the last day of the event and abandon the mission the moment I get it

WBMike
Jan 13, 2008, 02:28 PM
Pretty much thats what I'll have to do. I was like Noo! But after Winter Event, people with Photon Erasers will be even Rarer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ken_Silver
Jan 13, 2008, 04:52 PM
They may have taken mine, them bastards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I swear though the photon Ereaser and the other one should become a rank rifles with a special pp only to that weapon. That'd beat all of the existing rifle rares.

Tita
Jan 13, 2008, 09:56 PM
i'll go with the "play for the rare map on the final few days of event then abandon mission" option.

it feels like only yesterday that people were complaining about HAVING photon erasers in their inventory.
bzzzzzzzzt

AZKlegend
Jan 13, 2008, 10:01 PM
Yes it will take it away it happened to me... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Legendria
Jan 13, 2008, 10:39 PM
Just start Firebreak block and abandon.

No big deal.

ravenraine
Jan 13, 2008, 11:11 PM
So what can you do with it besides this mission? I tried to store it but couldn't so I have one but...hmm...is it really that big a deal?:O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ravenraine on 2008-01-13 20:13 ]</font>

RACast_Raiden
Jan 14, 2008, 06:35 AM
its not really your eraser you know...it ST's property still. Digitally...