PDA

View Full Version : Regarding JP PSU Boss Drops

Neith
Jan 12, 2008, 09:30 AM
I've checked the recent JP update, but couldn't see anything mentioned on this.

Looking at the JP image uploader, there's recently been a large number of screenshots showing rare drops from vanilla PSU bosses (things like Rattlesnake, Zanshu-Misaki, Kan Yu). I'm finding it difficult to believe this is dumb luck that these items are being found more commonly now.

Were the 'vanilla' PSU boss drops made a little easier to get on JP PSU? It's common knowledge that if something drops from an AoI boss, you should probably hunt it there for an easier drop, but have the older missions had their boss drops rebalanced a bit?

I'm just interested if they have, and it'd give me more incentive to run v1 missions.

If I've missed a thread on this, let me know.

Hrith
Jan 12, 2008, 09:48 AM
Noticed it, too.

I hope those drops were made easier >_>

AxelgearVII
Jan 12, 2008, 05:48 PM
Of the big 3, as of right now, I'm looking at 1 Hoshikami, 5 Hoshikikami boards, 1 Rattlesnake, 6 Rattlesnake boards, and 2 Shigga Barets on Entrance 1.

2 Shigga Barets 3 Shigga Baret boards, 2 Hoshikikami boards,2 Rattlesnakes and 2 Rattlesnake boards on Entrance 2.

My conclusion: Definite maybe? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVII on 2008-01-12 14:50 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 12, 2008, 06:33 PM
Would be great if they finally changed v1 boss box srank boards drop rates to AOI boss box drop rates. It shouldn't have been hard since they changed resist units drop rates in v1 boss boxes. Too bad they couldn't have changed the v1 boss box drops for us while the winter event is going on.

Kamica
Jan 12, 2008, 07:04 PM
I find the abundance of hoshikikamis to be quite interesting. That is in that not too long ago, there was only 1 board being sold.

Golto
Jan 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
Could someone who plays on the JPN pc/ps2 servers check to see if some of the good units that drop from v1 boss boxes (cati/power & orpad / Guard for example) are in player shops at greater numbers like those v1 11* boards? I'm curious to see if non-resist units had their drop rates increased as well.

mvffin
Jan 13, 2008, 07:41 AM
they probably increased the rate after mag, because everyone already got all the good stuff they've always wanted from that event. = [

Neith
Jan 13, 2008, 10:00 AM
This is good to hear then, Zanshu-Misaki and Rattlesnake might finally be worth hunting >_>

Screw the Festa, I'm waiting on this update instead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif