PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: Combo PAs for a set of weps like saber+handgun

Complex_Jao
Jan 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
what if you had a PA only for a pare of weps like Saber & Handgun that you could only do IF you had that combo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Complex_Jao on 2008-01-12 10:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Complex_Jao on 2008-01-12 13:20 ]</font>

Packrat
Jan 12, 2008, 01:31 PM
So you mean would it be nice to have a PA that involved a pair of different weapons that could only be used when wielding both types of weapons, such as saber+handgun? I'd say it would be nice and wouldn't see it as something impossible in the future >.>

Kylie
Jan 12, 2008, 01:43 PM
Sure, why not? Any new skills would be welcome by me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif And maybe making the one-handed weapons more like that would open me up to use them more (I'm not much of a fan as it stands).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-01-12 10:43 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Jan 12, 2008, 01:44 PM
Thats...actually a very nice idea.

Fox_Makenshi
Jan 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
Awesome idea, I would love to see this implemented. Like Packrat said, it doesn't seem impossible.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Fure_Rakune
Jan 12, 2008, 01:51 PM
Id like to see melee pa's for ranged weapons, similar to how the nade wielding caseals are able to swing their launchers for a melee attack. Or a strong attack of sorts.
It wouldnt be a a progressively changing pa after ten levels, but the damage would increase.

Complex_Jao
Jan 12, 2008, 04:32 PM
it would give a point to use 1 handed weps

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2008, 05:07 PM
Other than the fact one handed weapons are awesome and other than the fact there are two classes dedicated to one handed weapons? Maybe...

Noblewine
Jan 12, 2008, 05:08 PM
I like the idea though not sure how they pull it off. It be interesting if the PA for a handgun+Saber was similar to one of the finishing move from Deads to Rights.

Laranas
Jan 12, 2008, 05:19 PM
I'd like to see Rangers and Forces get some PA love before handing Hunters even more toys to play with. But it's not a bad idea.

Complex_Jao
Jan 12, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-01-12 14:19, Laranas wrote:
I'd like to see Rangers and Forces get some PA love before handing Hunters even more toys to play with. But it's not a bad idea.

PA like bullet or PA like skill

Broodstar1337
Jan 13, 2008, 04:56 AM
I'd like to see those kinds of combos. Or like skill PAs you could use with something like a twin handgun (like sweeping fire or something). Or magic combos. Or...

darkante
Jan 13, 2008, 10:32 AM
Would be cool.
Idea might be if you could use the sword to knock the enemy up and then shoot it in the air repeately in the small amount of time itīs in the air.

gryphonvii
Jan 13, 2008, 11:33 AM
I'd like battle stances for rangers, similar to how the bow wielding newmans at sacred stream crouch and hold bows sideways, it'd look cool to have a ranger do that with a rifle or something. Something else that would be cool is a dodge pa where you jump to the side like those cast guys.

Ken_Silver
Jan 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
this would be a good idea. Slice them up, knock them upwards and then shoot then full of photons. Something like Cervantes from Soul Calibur.

darkante
Jan 13, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-01-13 09:53, Ken_Silver wrote:
this would be a good idea. Slice them up, knock them upwards and then shoot then full of photons. Something like Cervantes from Soul Calibur.

Heh, Cervantes dual wielded swords if i recall correctly. XD

Sha Sha
Jan 13, 2008, 02:01 PM
Har har using another game reference, Like Haseo and the duel guns in .hack//GU Vol: 3 would be cool for saber+handgun Of course not the excate thing but ya get what i mean if you seen it. Or maybe a nice sword attack and then finish it with a high level tech attack like Refoie, it'ld be nice to see them Try and put this in

PhotonDrop
Jan 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
On 2008-01-13 10:50, darkante wrote:

One of which, had a gun built into it.

On topic:

Considering that the secondary weapons don't get a second attack feature, perhaps the combination art would be linked to that.

With all of the various weapon combos out there, ST's going to be busy coming up with moves to fill up everything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As long as I get to see some Slicer+Card dance of knives sort of thing, I'd be happy.

Ken_Silver
Jan 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
On 2008-01-13 11:46, PhotonDrop wrote:

On 2008-01-13 10:50, darkante wrote:

One of which, had a gun built into it.

On topic:

Considering that the secondary weapons don't get a second attack feature, perhaps the combination art would be linked to that.

With all of the various weapon combos out there, ST's going to be busy coming up with moves to fill up everything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As long as I get to see some Slicer+Card dance of knives sort of thing, I'd be happy.

About the Cervantes statement, true he had the gun in his 2nd sword, but since it was a gun too, some of his moves could fit into some PSU PA's

As for the Slicer and Card PA, I'd create a new character just to use it. I already have a character offline who uses just Cards and Slicers. He's tons of fun to play and a combination PA would be icing on the cake! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2008-01-13 11:01, Tsukuyo wrote:
Har har using another game reference, Like Haseo and the duel guns in .hack//GU Vol: 3 would be cool for saber+handgun Of course not the excate thing but ya get what i mean if you seen it. Or maybe a nice sword attack and then finish it with a high level tech attack like Refoie, it'ld be nice to see them Try and put this in

Never played that game series, but to follow an attack up with a Technic sounds pretty sweet. *example would be to pin down an opponet w/ a saber and then cast Gidiga. Excellent example of pwnage!*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-01-13 14:32 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 13, 2008, 06:46 PM
personally, I was disappointed by sonic team advertising that you can put ANY 1h weapon in ANY hand. I wanted to go saber/dagger, judas style. D: From a technical standpoint, it would even be hard to do for animations and such, just only be able to use em one at a time like now and simply mirror the animation uhh, what are they called? It's not scripts, but whatever. Yadda yadda.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 13, 2008, 08:41 PM
This was something I was hoping they'd do from the beginning of the game..or at least have some more seamless combining of the saber and handgun. As it is now, it's practically like using two separate weapons at the same time.

Ken_Silver
Jan 13, 2008, 09:37 PM
On 2008-01-13 15:46, SATatami wrote:
personally, I was disappointed by sonic team advertising that you can put ANY 1h weapon in ANY hand. I wanted to go saber/dagger, judas style. D: From a technical standpoint, it would even be hard to do for animations and such, just only be able to use em one at a time like now and simply mirror the animation uhh, what are they called? It's not scripts, but whatever. Yadda yadda.

You have a point there, dagger and sword would be cool. (Tales of Destiny 2 refrence?) However, I'm not sure on how hard it would be to do that on a technical standard. On the flip side, it'd make Twin sabers and Twin Handguns obsolete (sort of). Still be a sweet idea.

SATatami
Jan 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
On 2008-01-13 18:37, Ken_Silver wrote:

On 2008-01-13 15:46, SATatami wrote:

You have a point there, dagger and sword would be cool. (Tales of Destiny 2 refrence?) However, I'm not sure on how hard it would be to do that on a technical standard. On the flip side, it'd make Twin sabers and Twin Handguns obsolete (sort of). Still be a sweet idea.

Indeed. Judas is the shit. and it really wouldn't make them obsolete. >_>

Complex_Jao
Jan 14, 2008, 03:22 PM
glad you all like it even tho we will never see it in the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Complex_Jao on 2008-01-14 18:32 ]</font>

Complex_Jao
Jan 14, 2008, 09:36 PM
On 2008-01-13 17:41, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
This was something I was hoping they'd do from the beginning of the game..or at least have some more seamless combining of the saber and handgun. As it is now, it's practically like using two separate weapons at the same time.

thats the point to make a saber and handgun more like Saber+Handgun in a sense 1 wep

NightfallG
Jan 15, 2008, 03:14 AM
Granado Espada had saber/handgun combo arts, so I don't see why PSU can't.

plus, could you just imagine a sword PA that required a sword and a twin handgun to be on the pallet, where it does essentially what ken silver said, only dante style?

that would be incredible. orz