PDA

View Full Version : Winter event missions a bit boring?

BlueInfinity
Jan 12, 2008, 01:41 PM
Does anyone else seem to find the winter event missions a bit boring?
(Note this is not a rant.)

I'm not complaining about it or anything, but it's like I'm excited to want to do the missions, but when I'm actually doing it, I find it extremely boring....for some reason I can't seem to stay awake.

I've fallen asleep trying to do these missions 8 times already. I don't know whats up with me, my head is saying yes but my heart is just not up for it.

any ideas what I can do to keep my interest?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-01-12 11:17 ]</font>

Rescue
Jan 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
go get some good sleep and see how you feel afterwards. repeat and rinse.

Kylie
Jan 12, 2008, 01:51 PM
I think it's like a whatever thing with me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I can tolerate it, and I'm certainly not bored with it yet... Though I can see it getting repetitive. But I can always do non-event missions if I so choose to, and I probably will once I get everything I want.

Anduril
Jan 12, 2008, 01:55 PM
I just happy that we have a mission that isn't the same scenery over and over. I'm enjoying it just because it gives us a little bit of a lot of runs. I can only do White Beast so many times before hating it.

steely
Jan 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
take a nap on a soft bed and play, its best thing u could do . in order for me to play i have to have had a good sleep:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: steely on 2008-01-12 11:33 ]</font>

tyler2zelda
Jan 12, 2008, 02:42 PM
o.0

Falling asleep on the job?

Is that humanly possible?

Hyper_Rappy
Jan 12, 2008, 02:42 PM
i see what you mean. it gets boring after a few runs and you just kinda wana go to sleep.

its alot more fun if you have a friend to talk to while doing it.

but ya its kinda just repetative.

Shiryuu
Jan 12, 2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe you just don't like v1 PSU missions?

WBMike
Jan 12, 2008, 02:44 PM
I've fallen asleep during regular missions if I play too early in the morning. You just keep running into walls.

Angelo
Jan 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
The PSU v1 maps are a little stale.

But the PSO ep4 music and experience modifier makes up for it.

Aviva
Jan 12, 2008, 03:15 PM
these missions are extremely less boring than the one up ones....i think...at least there is more variation in these

gryphonvii
Jan 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
do any mission a dozens of times a day, and it will be boring, take breaks, get some food, look outside

superdood22
Jan 12, 2008, 03:32 PM
its just one big mess imo. its very boring, extremely boring at that. its bullshit because its not new content. I just want this event to be over with already, mixed up blocks is just lame and its all just flat out terrible I give this event a 1 out of 10.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
Eh outside the rares and xp, this mission is nothing new. If you were expecting something different I highly suggest playing a different game <<;

Anyways I find it average, nothing that'll keep me hooked on PSU but more something that is somewhat more enjoyable to pass the time than normal missions.

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
It helps to have a goal in mind. I am shooting for level 100 in a timely manner (level 98 currently), so it helps trudge through this shits.

LeMan_Bayon
Jan 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
Seeing as this was originally made to be a recap of the first year of PSU, I don't really see why there would be anything new...

Gen2000
Jan 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
It's a nice event and all, but definitely not as exciting as 1up mainly because when 1up hit it was more like "finally I can actually get rares" since at the time v1 pitiful drop rates held a lot of people back from getting that pallete that always wanted or much closer to it.

Since the rare boost doesn't apply to the boss boxes this event, the main rares people want, it's less exciting since you know the chance of you getting one is still extremely small. Almost a throwback to the "bad days" since people are now used to actually getting things from boss boxes in AoI missions. Just doesn't spark much of a fire in you to stay awake.

It's still a nice change of a pace and having that option to do these event missions is nice but I won't be surprise if I find myself doing normal missions for a majority of the event duration at some point.

CelestialBlade
Jan 12, 2008, 03:57 PM
I think you're getting bored with the game itself, not just the event.

tyler2zelda
Jan 12, 2008, 04:09 PM
I better get used to the event. Besides, I'm going to need the money.

I've practiced being used to levels that I have to play like 50 times. I call the feeling of complete boredness after repeating levels over and over again, "Extreme Repeating Repeatedly Over Repeats Syndrome" or condensed into ERRORS. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tyler2zelda on 2008-01-12 13:10 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 12, 2008, 04:27 PM
Wow if this event is getting all these "winter event is too boring" topics already.... i cant imagine all the "MAG event is too boring" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif lol its funny cuz eveyone will think it'll be the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 12, 2008, 04:48 PM
Eh, the EXP mod and increased bonuses are nice. The music is excellent (much of it is PSO music which were remixes of old PS tunes - makes everyone happy). And the changing of the scenery helps make up a bit for the monotony of the Ep I areas. Changing monster element types means a diversified pallet is useful once again. The missions themselves are just a hobble-together of 1up and Firebreak, which sucks ass - but really, were you actually expecting an effort from Sonic Team in this? Plus to a certain point, since this event came out before AoI in Europe (I believe), they had to make it something both versions could play. Yeah yeah, realistically there's only like.. what... 15 people who still play Ep I only (at least on the PS2/PC side). Still, you have to look at that from a policy perspective. After this, we'll be getting Ep II specific events.

Yeah, it's lame for an event. I guess I haven't really looked at it as an event though. More like a temporary TTF type mission. They couldn't actually add TTF full time - because it wouldn't work in a game like PSU. Nobody would really run anything BUT that mission. So they make a temporary thing and call it an event.

CelestialBlade
Jan 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
I don't really see why people can call it "lame" or "recycled" when you consider Thanks Festa was designed as a v1 event. I mean, what the hell did anyone expect?

It's US that overhype these things, not Sega.