PDA

View Full Version : any one not doing the winter event?

Epy1221
Jan 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
If your not what mission you doing?

I've almost fallen asleep during the winter event

chaostroop3
Jan 12, 2008, 01:50 PM
nope i am =]

Cerberus1981
Jan 12, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm guessing a few people are bailing on the winter event as I've noticed the number of people in the lobby in universe 1 looks to be dropping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2008-01-12 10:52 ]</font>

Fure_Rakune
Jan 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
I wasnt too thrilled with the runs I did last night, but I was exhausted from work so it impaired my enthusiasm.
Ill probably be running most missions with my alt to get her levels up thanks to the EXP increase.

BlueInfinity
Jan 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
lol Epy1221 I seem to be going through the same problem. I can't stay awake during those missions either.

Laranas
Jan 12, 2008, 02:02 PM
I've noticed a few people on my Partner Card list in other areas, so there's some non-Event missions going on.

Mag_Launcher
Jan 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm losing a bit of morale on the winter event missions... I thought it was gonna be easy to find gur asted and needle cannon this week, but noooo... In fact, I've yet to hear of ANYONE finding either or these guns so far. (on PC/PS2, mind), I just wanna walk away from the event with at least a shigga baret... Past that, leveling up just isn't that exciting.

tyler2zelda
Jan 12, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm going to be fored to do the event for mass levelling. Oooh boy, that's gonna drive me insane.

DAMASCUS
Jan 12, 2008, 04:14 PM
I'm doing Catilium mining...but its somewhat related http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Reven
Jan 12, 2008, 04:17 PM
I was working on lvling Yak Zagenga during PA frag runs until I got it to lvl 11. I'm just now heading back in for more Event runs. Probably going to be going back and forth until I get her from 89 to 100 and Yak Zagenga to 21+

tyler2zelda
Jan 12, 2008, 04:17 PM
OFFTOPIC: Catilium... crap, can't rememeber how many stars that is. I think it's 9-10? Maybe 12?

ONTOPIC: Yeah, I'm still gonna be driven into a corner due to insanity.

pikachief
Jan 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
Im doing winter event missions until all my characters are lvl 120 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

which my main will hit today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2008-01-12 13:08, Mag_Launcher wrote:
I'm losing a bit of morale on the winter event missions... I thought it was gonna be easy to find gur asted and needle cannon this week, but noooo... In fact, I've yet to hear of ANYONE finding either or these guns so far. (on PC/PS2, mind), I just wanna walk away from the event with at least a shigga baret... Past that, leveling up just isn't that exciting.

my friend didnt beleive me that the boss drops didnt get increased cuz he got a gur asted on one of his first runs >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-01-12 13:29 ]</font>

Noblewine
Jan 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
No not really though I'm gonna give my main a break and level my alt till it reaches 45.

mphil145
Jan 14, 2008, 09:08 AM
I wish their were something else I could do, but due to the smaller community your almost forced to stick to what the masses play since thats usually the whole community. True enough you could always go off on your own and play solo but you might as well play extra mode for that.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
I thought it was gonna be easy to find gur asted and needle cannon this week, but noooo... In fact, I've yet to hear of ANYONE finding either or these guns so far. (on PC/PS2, mind), I just wanna walk away from the event with at least a shigga baret...

Keep in mind that S rank guns are always that much more of a pain in the ass to get, simply because ST would rather cater to the vastly larger number of people who use striking weps.

tyler2zelda
Jan 14, 2008, 09:55 AM
On 2008-01-14 06:49, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

I thought it was gonna be easy to find gur asted and needle cannon this week, but noooo... In fact, I've yet to hear of ANYONE finding either or these guns so far. (on PC/PS2, mind), I just wanna walk away from the event with at least a shigga baret...

Keep in mind that S rank guns are always that much more of a pain in the ass to get, simply because ST would rather cater to the vastly larger number of people who use striking weps.

That's true. I see a good portion of people (60%+?) using striking weapons. So they made more of them and left the other weapons with major pains-in-the-ass odds to find.

Reipard
Jan 14, 2008, 09:56 AM
I've alts to level, so I'm still doing Winter Event. It's a limited time thing and those other missions aren't going anywhre.

tyler2zelda
Jan 14, 2008, 09:59 AM
On 2008-01-14 06:56, Reipard wrote:
I've alts to level, so I'm still doing Winter Event. It's a limited time thing and those other missions aren't going anywhre.

Now that I think about it, do you think by the end of the event I can get 4 chars from lvl 1 to 120?

Or at least 3? XD

Itchee
Jan 14, 2008, 10:08 AM
On 2008-01-14 06:59, tyler2zelda wrote:

Now that I think about it, do you think by the end of the event I can get 4 chars from lvl 1 to 120?

Or at least 3? XD

If you forego things such as a social life and perhaps sleep....then quite possibly.

Ssslither
Jan 14, 2008, 10:31 AM
About 2 hours I wandered off to SW S2 to look for the Psycho Wand... Block 1, I found it. Left to go synth it; made. Now I'm back on the 5th floor. Can't play more than 5 though without going and seeing something different. Second choice DG S2 in moatoob.

tyler2zelda
Jan 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
On 2008-01-14 07:08, Itchee wrote:

On 2008-01-14 06:59, tyler2zelda wrote:

Or at least 3? XD

If you forego things such as a social life and perhaps sleep....then quite possibly.

What social life? I have like 4 friends and a good portion of my school (90%+) just ignore me. Plus, I have to play out in my living room, making it tougher. =P

DarkEliteRico
Jan 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
Getting a bit bored with them myself, almost have my main capped and my alts are already 50+ so it won't take them too long to get much higher with a bit of help. Really tired of hunting for that darn bow, xbow....my hyper vipers are dropping fairly often but never going to me again *pouts* i really want to replace or try to outgrind my other pair

lilpuncher
Jan 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
this winter event is lame, but for the sake of leveling i'm still going to participate.

tyler2zelda
Jan 14, 2008, 10:53 AM
I think while I'm waiting for my mom to put money on the credit card, I'm thinking of trying to beat TTFaF on Expert on GH3. I can beat it on Hard (barely) but not on Expert >_<

Only about half an hour till PSU online =P

Sha Sha
Jan 14, 2008, 11:26 AM
Im doing the Winter Event as well and Absolute Dance is being a pain thebutt to level ><
I at lease want to try to hit 100 with my main and 50's with my alts it also sucks when your trying to do the runs and your sick, trying to blow your nose in the middle of Flakis ><

tyler2zelda
Jan 14, 2008, 11:30 AM
On 2008-01-14 08:26, Tsukuyo wrote:
Im doing the Winter Event as well and Absolute Dance is being a pain thebutt to level ><
I at lease want to try to hit 100 with my main and 50's with my alts it also sucks when your trying to do the runs and your sick, trying to blow your nose in the middle of Flakis ><

OMG you're like in the same situation as me. My entire head feels like it's gonna blow cause it's completely stuffed up. My stomach is upset, as well, and here in Nova Scotia (go PEI potatoes! XD) we're about to get a major snowstorm which will probably cancel school and hopefully not knock out the power.

Itchee
Jan 14, 2008, 11:43 AM
On 2008-01-14 08:30, tyler2zelda wrote:

On 2008-01-14 08:26, Tsukuyo wrote:

OMG you're like in the same situation as me. My entire head feels like it's gonna blow cause it's completely stuffed up. My stomach is upset, as well, and here in Nova Scotia (go PEI potatoes! XD) we're about to get a major snowstorm which will probably cancel school and hopefully not knock out the power.

LUCKY! I live in the Northern VA/DC area and all we get is rain and the occasional ice storm. I would kill for some snow every now and then to shut things down so I could stay home from work and play PSU.

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-01-14 07:44, DarkEliteRico wrote:
Getting a bit bored with them myself, almost have my main capped and my alts are already 50+ so it won't take them too long to get much higher with a bit of help. Really tired of hunting for that darn bow, xbow....my hyper vipers are dropping fairly often but never going to me again *pouts* i really want to replace or try to outgrind my other pair

The bows are tough. Enough to have a real discrepancy for the pricing. The difference between a 9 star with a perfect 10/10 in grinds, and a 10 star with 0/10 in grinds; is about 7+ million meseta. The S one looks prettier, but of course that 9 star destroys just about any available S ranks for stats. Way over the weakest of them at 0/10 grinds.

Back on full topic, I'm actually doing the Winter Event as I don't have the time to play the game and be considered a hardcore player. I'm fairly hardcore in the aspect of available time vs. playing; but not hardcore in what people consider is hardcore for the game. So I'm definitely way behind those who have multiple characters maxed and all. My best char is still not past the 110 barrier yet. On the other hand, I have a lot of catchup for my 2nd as well. I'll probably use all of the event to work on both of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-14 08:52 ]</font>

amtalx
Jan 14, 2008, 11:51 AM
I actually quit PSU on friday, hahaha. So no...I'm not playing the event. Until they fix the MG glitch and take out the bullshyt kid mode difficulty, I'll be playing better games. :-/

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
Play a Guntecher, that'll solve the kid mode aspect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif The game is easy for Forte-classes as is. As for the MG glitch. Well, can't say when they'll take care of that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-14 08:58 ]</font>

Aewyn
Jan 14, 2008, 12:26 PM
Wow, can you say spoiled? I read the first page of this thread and had to laugh. An event is an event, at least they're not asking you if you've blasted your beast. How can you argue with the experience levels? You just can't believe Sega won't give you everything you want right now, Veruca Salt? Please.

jobber
Jan 14, 2008, 01:31 PM
I can't because my 360 is dead :

amtalx
Jan 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
On 2008-01-14 08:53, Akaimizu wrote:
Play a Guntecher, that'll solve the kid mode aspect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif The game is easy for Forte-classes as is. As for the MG glitch. Well, can't say when they'll take care of that.

I could change class...but I've been a RAcast since Day 1 PSO, not going to change now. Besides, I shouldn't have to nerf myself to find a challenge.

Oh yea, and I didn't even mention the laughable leveling. SELL LVLZ @ NPC PLZ

That concludes my bitching. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2008, 01:55 PM
Well, a lot of people do play classes that aren't currently overpowered to find challenges. That, in general, is what people do. Can't really say that there's usually alternatives in gaming, unless by chance they actually make everything individually balanced. However, only the few, the select games do that. Besides, you look at it the wrong way. You aren't as much nerfing yourself, but playing classes that require more juggling of styles and technical savvy to pull off.

The challenge is dynamics in combat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-14 10:56 ]</font>

Reipard
Jan 14, 2008, 02:01 PM
Until they fix the MG glitch and take out the bullshyt kid mode difficulty, I'll be playing better games. :-/

Do you know how to activate the MG Glitch post-patch? If so, send in a support ticket. Programmers are a busy lot and every little detail helps them find it and fix it faster. Not to mention every ticket will make it escalate in priority.

As for the second one, you really can't please everyone. PSU's lack of difficulty is very sorely exaggerated on these forums.

amtalx
Jan 14, 2008, 02:21 PM
On 2008-01-14 10:55, Akaimizu wrote:
Well, a lot of people do play classes that aren't currently overpowered to find challenges. That, in general, is what people do. Can't really say that there's usually alternatives in gaming, unless by chance they actually make everything individually balanced. However, only the few, the select games do that. Besides, you look at it the wrong way. You aren't as much nerfing yourself, but playing classes that require more juggling of styles and technical savvy to pull off.

I can agree with that. The only reason I don't play other classes much is I generally don't enjoy them. :-/ My techer is fun for a change of pace, but I've always had a penchant for gunning.

However, a better developer would provide a challenge for all classes. Ideally, we should be able to play any given class and get a well-rounded gameplay experience. Instead, some players are forced to put themselves in haphazard situations (solo fF in S2 HIVE) to find a point where using scapes actually becomes a concern.

stukasa
Jan 14, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm mainly playing the Winter Event mission (my main goal is EXP and MP, not finding rares...unlike 1Up) but I've played a few other missions too (anyone played the rebalanced Tunnel Recapture yet? I have and can happily say all the changes I saw were for the better). Grinding the same mission for three weeks would drive me CRAZY! Then again, I've never been one to follow the crowds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2008, 02:34 PM
On 2008-01-14 11:21, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-01-14 10:55, Akaimizu wrote:

I can agree with that. The only reason I don't play other classes much is I generally don't enjoy them. :-/ My techer is fun for a change of pace, but I've always had a penchant for gunning.

However, a better developer would provide a challenge for all classes. Ideally, we should be able to play any given class and get a well-rounded gameplay experience. Instead, some players are forced to put themselves in haphazard situations (solo fF in S2 HIVE) to find a point where using scapes actually becomes a concern.

Well, scapes are still used to recover and not force somebody else to approach you to recover you, in battle. And in parties, I still find quite a few ways to die (usually because I still can be 1-hit killed or get stuck by something allowing that extra deadly hit to land). I can solo many places (just not the easier ones) and still have scapes be a concern.

In fact, these days, unless you have all the debilitating resists (which I don't have all), which are stun/sleep/ice; you're likely to get caught in one of those soloing (and often enough in groups) where you're stuck waiting to die.

I mean, if you're waiting for a Mission failed aspect of the game; I don't know what to say. Remember, PSO also quickly became a game where that concern was completely a thing of the past.

Many guns (while a couple got easier), Bows, and rods, are still extremely tough to get; even in this event.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-14 11:41 ]</font>

Kietrinia
Jan 14, 2008, 02:40 PM
It doesn't help that alot of colleges started classes this week. Sega's marketing department is an odd bunch when it comes to timing these things. o.O

darkante
Jan 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
Tried soloing Desert Goliath S2 just for the hell of it cause the event missions is getting stale for me...and i succeeded.
Makes me proud http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xefi
Jan 14, 2008, 03:25 PM
whenever i played the winter event mission, i either lagged out or slow down so much that i got really mad. My experiences so far with winter event are hell. i give up playing winter event now because of that and played around with other areas. Amazingly enough, i dont have lag with other areas at all.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 14, 2008, 05:33 PM
I'll be doing solo runs of Sakura blast leveling my techs. I'm sure in 3 weeks we'll get that new mission with the Tesbra dropping.

I guess I'll let my lousy Cast with his 11* weps hit 100, for the event.

guise709
Jan 14, 2008, 10:05 PM
im not doing it because my xbox was visited by the red light reaper http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xStiklex
Jan 15, 2008, 01:08 AM
Im not doing the event! Oh wait thats bc my 360 died *cries*

str898mustang
Jan 15, 2008, 01:13 AM
Not doing it because I have the same chance of finding Rikauteri on GoF as on the Winter Event since I can do GoF a whole lot faster.

GoF S2 Run - 12min
The Winter Event Run - 36min

-Tidus_415-
Jan 15, 2008, 01:20 AM
On 2008-01-14 22:08, xStiklex wrote:
Im not doing the event! Oh wait thats bc my 360 died *cries*

Yup same here...but I only got to play the 1st day of the event beacuse I kept using the towel trick on my 360 >_> I managed to cap on the 1st day before sending it in for repair so im happy. The event isnt all that great anyway (lol 11* boss box drop rate)

mvffin
Jan 15, 2008, 06:42 AM
i took a break from it today and ran dancing birds, got a har / quick, two regas boards and a gugg crown. yay.

Raven5_1
Jan 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
havent plaid since friday, may play casually from tonight just to try and get my main to 90 probably level my secondary to 60 in the second week.

Wiz
Jan 15, 2008, 01:10 PM
Yep. Doing some Hive missions for Gao Rods. I also might head over to White Beast for Serafi-Senba.
Once week 2 rolls around, I'll head back to the event for Kazarod hunts.