PDA

View Full Version : My weapons are becoming commoner goods

Schuler
Jan 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
All these events have reduced my "rare" pallete to nothing. I had an Ank Dedda when they were worth 10 mil, now any noob with 700k can buy one. I had a bil de axe when it was worth 15 mil, now a measly 3, I had guda skella before you could buy the board for 200k, I have a grand cross that was worth 25 mil, now only 12. The only weapon on my pallete that has actually gained value is my Twin Bearclaws. Basically I could have picked up this game 2 months ago and be exactly where I am right now. 8 months of play for almost nothing. fabulous.

When will Sega make rares rare again? Rare means uncommon and unique, so I shouldn't see a party of level fiftys with full pallets of S ranks right? I honestly think the economy pre-1up cup and AOTI made lots more sense. Only players who invested lots of time into the game got the good stuff. I remember thinking that 2 million was good money back then, now it will buy you a pallete full of 10* weps easily. If i see the level 35 friend im helping level on the winter map whip out a bil de axe, I might as well drop all my "rares" on the ground for him to pick up. I'm not worried, If I play for a week I'll obviously get them all back.

Dhylec
Jan 12, 2008, 02:51 PM
This is a way to leveling the play fields. Sure, it also makes the few who has many uber rares & S ranks feel less special. But, this is the flow, you can't be at the top forever.
I never have an itch to fill everything up with the best of anything. So, event or no event, rares or no rares, the game is for fun. Accept the flow of things & don't kick yourself over it. ;]

drizzle
Jan 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
New stuff is added, old stuff becomes more common. Gotta keep hunting to stay ahead. That's how it goes in these online games.

Powder Keg
Jan 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
You found one the hard way and someone got one easier? Booooo hoooo....

These are 10* and 11* rares if you havent noticed.

Broodstar1337
Jan 13, 2008, 05:00 AM
I hear that. I bought a Hard / Power Charge for 325K in a player shop.

Oh wait...

MrNomad
Jan 13, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'd rather be able to get rares easily in an event than spend an ENTIRE YEAR looking for one that wont drop unless I'm really lucky, ya know?

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2008, 01:41 PM
Look, look rares aren't really good enough for how incredibly RARE they are. Having events like these levels the playing field for more casual gamers or just people who can't do runs. If these rares were truly good, then it would be unfair but all they really do is look nice. The rare drop rates have to increase at some point. Think of PSO, you COULD find a weapon like a Dragon Slayer in Very Hard mode but it would take a lot of searching. Once you hit Ultimate mode, those weapons would drop like candy. This is just Sega's way of making newer items rare.

Kylie
Jan 13, 2008, 02:18 PM
On 2008-01-12 11:51, Dhylec wrote:
This is a way to leveling the play fields. Sure, it also makes the few who has many uber rares & S ranks feel less special. But, this is the flow, you can't be at the top forever.
I never have an itch to fill everything up with the best of anything. So, event or no event, rares or no rares, the game is for fun. Accept the flow of things & don't kick yourself over it. ;]

I agree, and I'm also the same way. Rares depreciate in value, game-wise and in real life. It kind of sucks for people that play this game to rare hunt, but it is what it is.