PDA

View Full Version : Only 10*'s and up

gambit04
Jan 12, 2008, 03:41 PM
I was running in a few parties today and the leaders only wanted 10* items and up to be picked up. The items were even set on Random and he still insisted that this be done. If the items are set on random I see no problem in picking up every rare.

In the first party someone picked up a scape doll. The leader got it and started to complain about it. He said well the next rare you get you have to give it to him and he would give him the scape doll. Now I did a quick search and it shows scape dolls are worth more than junalines.

//RANT//
Now if you want to be picky on the rares and demand only the "good" stuff be picked up you could at least do it by the value of the item and not the stars.
\RANT\

I'm curious if you do this or not.

Crazy_Hunter
Jan 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
Anything thats red I pick up!

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2008, 03:46 PM
Just tell folks like that to drop whatever goes to them. Whoever wants it can pick it up and keep it.

Astarin
Jan 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
I leave parties like that. If the leader wants that, it's his choice. It seems stupid to me, so I'd just leave and not deal with it.

gambit04
Jan 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
On 2008-01-12 12:46, Pengfishh wrote:
Just tell folks like that to drop whatever goes to them. Whoever wants it can pick it up and keep it.

apparently that is a chore for them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It gets kinda bad when you don't even pick up the rares that you have to buy from the vendor when you want to synth something. ex. Ebons, resins, etc.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 12, 2008, 03:49 PM
If you're picky what goes in your inventory run with give finder I say... Clutter your own damn inventory rules in other words XD.

There are only certain items I'd really be annoyed at, and those are the buff meds, specially megistride, and stuff like Kerseline but I just drop that stuff while running anyways so it doesn't effect me greatly when I'm not running with Give Finder.

drizzle
Jan 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
On 2008-01-12 12:43, Crazy_Hunter wrote:

Same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

With the exception of [B] Scape Doll and [B] Gourmet Caek.

tyler2zelda
Jan 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
I haven't even played online yet, but that sounds extremely annoying. I pick up EVERYTHING I see!
I use this advice:
Sell useless items for Meseta for useful items, and keep the useful items. KEEP ALL REDS! =P

Laranas
Jan 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
They should just allow you to set the rarity at what is considered Normal and Rare for loot settings.

Criss
Jan 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
I just pick up everything that's red. Except maybe Kerselines. It takes 5 seconds to drop stuff you don't want to keep. There's no point in annoying and stupidly cussing out your whole party over not picking up rares.

I don't think that's guy's been making many friends lately. >.>

Gen2000
Jan 12, 2008, 04:09 PM
When I play, we pick up nothing but 10* or up mats and boards too but we're not as strict as to block Scape Dolls, Di/Trimates, certain Buff Items, and Photon Charges since those are things you would actually use.

When playing a Gunner I don't have much room for all that other 7-9* crap that you can get easily solo'ing the mission if you desperatly need em that bad (I got like 4-5 stacks of that stuff in my PM). My Fortetecher and Fortefighter has a little bit more rare room but even they can get 60/60'd if someone is picking up every single thing and that sucks when a rare weapon/armor board actually drops.

Yeah it's easy to drop items but annoying to be checking your item menu every other mob to make sure you're not maxed out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-01-12 13:11 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Jan 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
I pick up anything thats red. I pick up most blues as well, but I tend to trim out star atoms, moon X and buffers. I also pick up photons from time to time, because they can always be identified easily, and even your fancy pants S-ranks require humble ol' photons to synth.

But yeah, I will straight up leave a party enforcing a 10* only policy, or any party that DARES to put rares to "give finder". I get peeved enough as it is at normal being set to GF, but if someone puts rares on it too, I'll avoid their party like the plague.

EMPYREAN
Jan 12, 2008, 04:52 PM
pick upp all red. if u dont want it drop it and move on. easy as that.

Alamar
Jan 12, 2008, 05:04 PM
I will pick up anything and sell what I don't want later. Even A little Mesata gained that way is good Mesata

Proto07
Jan 12, 2008, 05:18 PM
Kerseline and Vestaline are my free pp recharges and scapes.

pikachief
Jan 12, 2008, 05:21 PM
250 Par ebon FTW lol

EspioKaos
Jan 12, 2008, 05:25 PM
If it's red, I'm picking it up. [B] Scape Doll, Kerseline, Vestaline, whatever, I leave no rares behind. Like others have said, if you get it from random distribution and don't want it, either drop it or sell it.

Now I'm just waiting for the day to come when Catilium and Diad become common and folks yell at you for picking them up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Para
Jan 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
Always all rares... I pick up anything and if I am overflowed with it (especially mats), I sell it back to the community to keep prices low and friendly to new players.

Kylie
Jan 12, 2008, 06:42 PM
That guy seems hella uptight; though sad as it is, I've been in a few parties like that.

Jainsea
Jan 12, 2008, 07:09 PM
On 2008-01-12 14:25, EspioKaos wrote:
If it's red, I'm picking it up. [B] Scape Doll, Kerseline, Vestaline, whatever, I leave no rares behind. Like others have said, if you get it from random distribution and don't want it, either drop it or sell it.

Now I'm just waiting for the day to come when Catilium and Diad become common and folks yell at you for picking them up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

my inventory is full of catilum! I hate this group!
you noobs! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DonRoyale
Jan 12, 2008, 08:31 PM
"BLACK HEART, NAW MEN, WURTHLESS RITE? NOT S-RANK = WORTHLESS"

The reason they say that is because there's a giant flood of Vesta/Vulcalines. Even I don't pick those up...(8/9* melee stuff is useless when you have easy access to S-ranks nowadays anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif)

Fanin
Jan 12, 2008, 09:18 PM
I pick up all rares except for [b] scape dolls and food boards. If you do a lot of synthesis, the red mats you pick up over time can really save you a lot of meseta.

mvffin
Jan 13, 2008, 07:46 AM
this is why they have an NPC shop on the 5th floor now. To sell your 20 vestaline per run. hey, it pays for all the dimates, trimates, traps, charges, and agtarides i may use during the run. lol one party I joined left a halarod board on the ground purposely.

majan
Jan 13, 2008, 01:14 PM
jackasses like to say "only 10* and up or get kicked" because they feel that having anything under 10*s now is insulting,like it takes that much effort to just mind your inventory. Id get on peoples asses faster for picking up hot berries and the like. its retarted forms of elitism like this that make random party play very very frustrating. there's more than enough rares to go around for everybody so dont worry about what's being picked up. if you feel liek your getting cheated out of rares,put it on random that way everybodys got an equal chance of getting something good or not as good. if your worried about your inventory filling up,keep an eye on it and dont kick people out of the party because they picked up a vestaline.

Aralia
Jan 13, 2008, 08:09 PM
If it's on random All rares are game. though I prefer that kerselene through vulcaline pick ups are kept to a minimum.
Olpads rubinads and other synth mats that no one uses I prefer to be left there too.. but it's not like it really matters.

tyler2zelda
Jan 13, 2008, 08:12 PM
I would usually pick up anything, but if theres something that I need on the ground, I'll abandon anything in my inv that I don't need just to get it.

For example, [D] Kan Yu. =P

Jasam
Jan 13, 2008, 09:27 PM
Red = pick up.

Someone in the party normaly needs it/wants it. if not.. then drop it/NPC it. You have to go buy heals eventualy, so why not clear out anything you don't need while you wait?

Indica
Jan 13, 2008, 09:38 PM
Ive been avoiding even Junaline drops during this event, only because I am having to carry every Armor Element and dont have the space.

I feel bad for Hunters in this event, so much stuff to carry.

Edit: The only low * items I am picking up is Ray and Di Photons. Everything else I will drop if someone picks it up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Indica on 2008-01-13 18:42 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 13, 2008, 09:46 PM
On 2008-01-12 13:07, Laranas wrote:
They should just allow you to set the rarity at what is considered Normal and Rare for loot settings.

It'd have to be more complex than that since Junaline has the same star rating as Svaltus Sword, not to mention the differing needs and rarities of mateirals like Diad and Catilium.

Dragwind
Jan 13, 2008, 09:51 PM
What an ass. Should have just left his party. Cocky leader is cocky.

Tita
Jan 13, 2008, 09:51 PM
i've got one word for those people: delivery

On 2008-01-12 12:43, Crazy_Hunter wrote:

yep. do people even know how hard it is to farm armor mats? like those people who drop their vestalines and kerselines... then i go run and pick them up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and i pick up berries too.
protranser needs her traps, dontchaknow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2008-01-13 18:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2008-01-13 18:53 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Jan 14, 2008, 04:05 AM
I pick up every red box. (I also pick up those crap boards just to see who they go to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) I also pick up every Dimate, Trimate, Sol Atomizer, Antimate and Star Atomizers. Free items ftw.