PDA

View Full Version : Situational awareness: pay some fucking attention.

KodiaX987
Jan 13, 2008, 07:49 PM
Stuff goes on online and it makes me want to kill myself in shame. I don't want to be associated with the human race when I witness these things.

I'm starting to realize I must be some sort of intel fulcrum in the world. As I learn and figure things out, I don't become more intelligent - people around be become stupider.

Commanding officers, when you have a single soldier defending THE MOST IMPORTANT CHECKPOINT IN THE MAP against an incoming swarm of six enemies, DO NOT ORDER HIM TO THE FAR FUCKING SIDE OF THE MAP.

If you see an artillery strike, STEP AWAY FROM IT.

If you see spam in the teamchat window, something to the effect of "WE NEED DEFENSE", maybe you should actually check up on defense. You know. Just to make sure. Just in case I happen to be alone against twelve enemy units going straight for the reactor core.

If somebody captures the enemy home base and creates a spawn point, MAYBE it would be a good idea to spawn on it. You know. Because it's the MOST IMPORTANT POINT IN THE MAP AND WE DON'T WANT THE ENEMY TO TAKE IT BACK.

If you run out of spawn points except for a squad leader, maybe, just maybe you should pay some fucking attention to his "JOIN MY SQUAD" spam and kindly use him as your spawn point before the enemy wins by conquest.

Why are you charging towards an enemy armored personel carrier with a machine gun? Why are you fucking firing your machine gun at it?

If you are driving a jeep and your spot an enemy tank, it's not a good idea to RAM IT.

I swear to God, some people are just frighteningly stupid. I can understand being slack and playing it casual and having fun, but holy fucking shit, don't tell me the human race has such low standards.

EphekZ
Jan 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
what game is this? It sounds fun.

omegapirate2k
Jan 13, 2008, 08:31 PM
lol humans.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 13, 2008, 10:00 PM
On 2008-01-13 17:31, omegapirate2k wrote:
lol humans.

Agreed. Beast are much better at video games.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2008, 10:08 PM
This is Battlefield 2142. Good game, annoying players ;(

Broodstar1337
Jan 13, 2008, 10:10 PM
Play a real man's shooter. Like Team Fortress 2.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2008, 10:12 PM
On 2008-01-13 19:10, Broodstar1337 wrote:

That's not really relevant to the topic. Battlefield isn't remotely similar to Team Fortress http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

omegapirate2k
Jan 13, 2008, 10:17 PM
On 2008-01-13 19:00, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2008-01-13 17:31, omegapirate2k wrote:
lol humans.

Agreed. Beast are much better at video games.

Not at FPS games, CASTS are the best.

Sharkyland
Jan 14, 2008, 02:42 PM
Common sense is only to the eye of the beholder as they always say, but I do agree with you with being aware with your surroundings. Now if it were in real life, I'm pretty sure they would be doing exactly everything you're doing.

rogue_robot
Jan 14, 2008, 02:55 PM
Not necessarily, Sharky.

Keep in mind that there is a series books called Darwin Awards, all about stupid people killing/reproductively sterilizing themselves. Its author is constantly buried under more new material than can fit in any single book. Only the more-or-less ironic incidents actually make it in (and anything related to cell phones is banned, unless it's just that extreme).

People do stupid things, no matter how well educated or supposedly intelligent. I've gotten the OP's feeling about other humans from time to time dead in the middle of my college courses, listening to some of the questions and comments of other students - like the usual ten or twelve people stalling class asking the exact same question as one another, but rather than do it at the same time, or listen to the prof.'s explanation to the first one who asks, they each have to ask individually, then zone out completely for the next 10-15 minutes until even the smallest grain of new (to them) material pops up, only to repeat the process...

EDIT: The reason for the cell phone ban, of course, being that such incidents are literally that common - not even newsworthy...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-01-14 11:56 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jan 14, 2008, 05:36 PM
I think a classroom setting is much different than a battlefield setting though I completely agree with you with people doing stupid things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2008-01-14 14:37 ]</font>

MetaZedlen
Jan 15, 2008, 09:09 PM
On 2008-01-13 19:12, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

On 2008-01-13 19:10, Broodstar1337 wrote:

That's not really relevant to the topic. Battlefield isn't remotely similar to Team Fortress http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Counter Strike Source FTW

thunder-ray
Jan 16, 2008, 05:22 AM
I cant blame him on that one cuz when it comes down to it commom sense team work and being able to talk with your team mates is the key to victory.