PDA

View Full Version : anyone else notice different sound effects?

majan
Jan 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
since we got the expansion,most if not all of the sound effects in this game changed,i.e the sound of a strike weapon hitting its target,the sound of the bullets hitting,etc. while some are a little nicer I gotta say Im not all too impressed at all with most of them. they make my twin and double sabers sound like Im beating something with a funoodle rather than a fuckin photon blade that's on fire,or something crazy like that.

anyone else notice this?

drizzle
Jan 14, 2008, 12:58 PM
Yes, 2 months ago

SolomonGrundy
Jan 14, 2008, 01:14 PM
On 2008-01-14 09:49, majan wrote:
since we got the expansion,most if not all of the sound effects in this game changed,i.e the sound of a strike weapon hitting its target,the sound of the bullets hitting,etc. while some are a little nicer I gotta say Im not all too impressed at all with most of them. they make my twin and double sabers sound like Im beating something with a funoodle rather than a fuckin photon blade that's on fire,or something crazy like that.

anyone else notice this?

you think weapons are bad? bullets are HORRIBLE. the lovely sound of mechguns is totally drowned out in the awful sound that all bullets make at they hit thier targets.

Alos: I saw you online yesterday! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lalalalalalaaaaaaa

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
Funny enough. I also spotted Omega Pirate within the last couple of days. He didn't say anything, but he definitely seemed to recognize me. Didn't do much more than wave at him given that my party was already rushing to the next run.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
When my volume is down I can't hear anything!

ARGH!HHH!!!!!!

SLY_J
Jan 14, 2008, 01:17 PM
I acutally like most of the new sound effects, but I understand what you're saying. I have to agree that some of the new sound effects don't sound quite as robust as the old ones, but I still think that the overall change to the sounds was for the better.

JAFO22000
Jan 14, 2008, 01:19 PM
I saw Sekani yesterday. He was having a "spat" with some other players in universe 28. He was calling them "noobs". I would've said something to him, but I didn't want those other players to think I was associated with him and blacklist me. That would be horrible!

chibiLegolas
Jan 14, 2008, 01:23 PM
Didn't think the sound effects changed. I thought it sounded different cause it was more "full" or sourround sound. Not necessarily an all together "new" sound.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
I didn't see anyone yesturday.

me sad panda. eat poo.

desturel
Jan 14, 2008, 03:07 PM
On 2008-01-14 10:16, Akaimizu wrote:
Didn't do much more than wave at him given that my party was already rushing to the next run.

Heh, sorry about rushing you. Let me know if you want to hang out for a moment, there's always other stuff I can do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

majan
Jan 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
yeah I was probably leveling up hishou doing block 1 over and over. during skill leveling I turn into a bit of an antisocialite. sorry. I do most of my running with Hath Wrobo on uni15 but if I'm by myself I'd be more than happy to join you guys. drop an invite.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 14, 2008, 03:35 PM
Cool!

superdood22
Jan 14, 2008, 03:40 PM

anyone else notice this?

Thats... thats definitely not what it sounded like in version one unless you meant to say "thats on fire / has electricity on it / ice cold / shadowy dark / holy bright / is rocky", because the SE's never changed pending on element or if your talking about Ragnus cause that never had a SE in the first place.

The sound of spiral dance (and all the other skill arts (ugh thats so cliche "arts" = lame. arts ftl)) was so full and just ugh horrible, it made me wanna gag but not throw up (I dont know why its just how it sounded). It was so sloppy and it sounded like "BLURSH!!" and "BLEEEUWSH" imo. terrible, just terrible.

Now that I look back on it, version one was just so awful.

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
Of course, if they added a effect for a particular handgun, where if they're used as the last shot to kill a mob in an encounter; you'll get a 3 flash repeat with the music playing 3 appropriate chords back to back, in the same pattern as Space Channel's "Chu chu chu"; I'm getting that gun pronto. It would be my magnificent 1-handed gun wonder, and instantly shoot to most-prized posession status. That would get everybody wanting a single handgun.

They wouldn't care about whether some particular stat on it or not. They just want something that makes them look killer for finishing off the last guy. Eat your heart out, Ulala. Pulling it off on a boss right before the death animation, would increase the killer aspect of it, 3 fold.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-14 12:44 ]</font>

majan
Jan 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
On 2008-01-14 12:40, superdood22 wrote:

anyone else notice this?

Thats... thats definitely not what it sounded like in version one unless you meant to say "thats on fire / has electricity on it / ice cold / shadowy dark / holy bright / is rocky", because the SE's never changed pending on element or if your talking about Ragnus cause that never had a SE in the first place.

The sound of spiral dance (and all the other skill arts (ugh thats so cliche "arts" = lame. arts ftl)) was so full and just ugh horrible, it made me wanna gag but not throw up (I dont know why its just how it sounded). It was so sloppy and it sounded like "BLURSH!!" and "BLEEEUWSH" imo. terrible, just terrible.

Now that I look back on it, version one was just so awful.

my guess is that you pretty much missed the point...yeah we arent talking about SE's were talking about the sound of impact such as when a twin saber connects on a monster or when a bullet hits its target. in V1 it used to sound sorta weird and it probably would have been better off with some changes but now instead of differnt or more realistic(?) sounds theyve gone and made a crea doubles sound,when connecting on its target,more like a funoodle hitting someone in the head rather than something actually striking a target. they went from sounding like strange weapons to sounding like padded weapons.

I do agree though version 1 was rather awful. and to think,theyve only probably released at most maybe 20% of this expansion.

Mitsu1021
Jan 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
The reason the crea doubles sounds like it does is because it's supposed to sound like it did in PSO. To be honest it sounds more "realistic" when you consider the fact that the weapons we use for melee (at this point in time) all have photon blades so it's not like they should sound like a metal blade.