PDA

View Full Version : About event boss boxes

TUSCAN
Jan 14, 2008, 04:25 PM
ok, I have been reading a few posts on the subject and I just wanted to point out a couple things.

the boss boxes per run have been doubled. the boss fights per run have also been doubled. "more chances to win" sounds better to customers than "more work to do".

**EDIT**-Caveat: the following applies to Price is Right viewers ONLY!!

ok now, imagine that each boss box is like spinning the big money wheel on The Price is Right. all those odd change squares (15 cent, 40 cent, ect.) are like dimate boards and sol atomizers. the green squares are the resist units and the red dollar square is the 11* board, sori/mind, you get the picture. now look back and try to think how many times you have seen someone hit the dollar square. not many.

If you add another red dollar square to the wheel, and maybe a half square, you will see more people hit, but it will still be rare, because there are so many other squares. say you take out every square below 50 cents, double the dollar square and the green 5 and 10 cent squares. about the same amount of items occupy the white 50 cent and up squares (atomizers, ect.) as the red dollar square (high end units, s rank boards), so what you would wind up seeing is alot of atomizers, fairly common resist units and the rare 11* board, which is exactly what we are seeing! remember 9* boards share the red dollar square, as do boss materials, which means that every square has another Price wheel within it that spins when you land on it. on that wheel 9* boards are the common squares and the 11*'s are the rare ones. and if materials share either the green or red boxes.....well, I don't think they do anyway, but I'm sure you get the picture.

so basically if you want something for nothing cross your fingers and hope for AotI boss box rates everywhere because for those it seems the wheel is alot smaller and more colorful.

also, Price is like PSU in that the old granny who is about to kick the bucket and doesn't need any of the stuff always winds up being the one to win both showcases.

case closed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TUSCAN on 2008-01-14 19:33 ]</font>

Sinaku
Jan 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
Please tell me you are not just trying to confuse people with that post. Its a lot to take in at one moment, especially for people who haven't seen The Price is Right.

In English though, the boss boxes have not been doubled. What you see is boss 1's boxes + boss 2's boxes, which equal = "Double the boss boxes" (In Sega's mind). If the boss boxes were actually doubled we'd be seeing a hell of a lot more in one room.

One possiblity is that Sega doubled the amount of boxes from one boss and negated the others. So in other words, all those boxes you are seeing is from only one of the bosses. I doubt this too though.

Falkis may be the only boss with doubled boxes, because he is the only boss (I do not recall whether he had double the boxes or not)

Case reclosed.

KyEmo
Jan 14, 2008, 07:27 PM
On 2008-01-14 15:47, Sinaku wrote:
One possiblity is that Sega doubled the amount of boxes from one boss and negated the others. So in other words, all those boxes you are seeing is from only one of the bosses. I doubt this too though.

De Ragan Tail and De Ragnus Dorso dropped in one run.

Case closed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sinaku
Jan 14, 2008, 07:49 PM
Could it be the increased luck? I mean, that might have something to do with it...

TUSCAN
Jan 14, 2008, 10:18 PM
just remember that these are the same easy 15 minute runs es everywhere else, rather that they have double boss boxes, double bosses, multiple paths, best-of maps, more rare enemy spawns. even the fact that there are two less party members increases your chances. more "HEL YEH!" less "why does sonic team hate me?" plz.

pikachief
Jan 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
i got a 2 de ragnus dorsos, a de ragan tail, and a storm line [B] all from the same Boss drops so no.

Jao
Jan 14, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hey I'm still waiting till two Hons drop

Jao
Jan 14, 2008, 10:30 PM
Errrr

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jao on 2008-01-14 19:32 ]</font>