PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite class!!

icemanh
Jan 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
Just a nice little poll to see who is what and what they like.

KyEmo
Jan 14, 2008, 08:38 PM
Protranser

HFlowen
Jan 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
On 2008-01-14 17:38, KyEmo wrote:
Protranser

Laranas
Jan 14, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wartecher, tho I haven't tried PT yet.

icemanh
Jan 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
protranser is 1 of the best i think but i dont wanna be one cause im a beast>.>.. But fortefighter/Fighgunner FTW

Scythe88
Jan 14, 2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah Protranser!

chaostroop3
Jan 14, 2008, 08:56 PM
fortetecher ftw!

Feign
Jan 14, 2008, 09:07 PM
Acro Fighter <3

June_Mermaid
Jan 14, 2008, 09:15 PM
man i just got PT to 10 its so bad ass only thing i didnt like is that i started so dam weak

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 14, 2008, 09:16 PM
Favorite probly would be acrofighter

BUT

the most fun classes in my opinion are Protranser and Acrotecher.

Dhylec
Jan 14, 2008, 09:44 PM
I like hybrids, but I'm trying out forte classes also.

KyEmo
Jan 14, 2008, 09:46 PM
I couldn't really get into Fortes. Mostly because they are specialties in 1 area. I like variability in my classes.

Syl
Jan 14, 2008, 11:13 PM
Guntecher for life!

Funny how AT is practically dead now because of the FT boost when everyone was an AT not too long ago >_> (and opposite for PT)

Mikura
Jan 14, 2008, 11:17 PM
On 2008-01-14 20:13, SylviaEspada wrote:
Guntecher for life!

Funny how AT is practically dead now because of the FT boost when everyone was an AT not too long ago >_> (and opposite for PT)

I know. ;/ But I still like AT. I get to melee some and the casting speed on techs is fantastic. I'm lvling FT now but it feels so slow compared to my AT.

However, I voted FF because it's my main and always will be. AT's just a fun diversion.

Zero787
Jan 14, 2008, 11:30 PM
Acrofighter

Norcris
Jan 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
Fortefighter.

I'd probably vote Acrofighter, but they lack Majarra/Jabroga, which makes bosses go a lot slower when i'm solo.

Weeaboolits
Jan 15, 2008, 12:08 AM
Protranser, it has access to the big melee weapons I love so muhc, as well as a variety of guns and EX traps, it's pretty awesome, though I still do die pretty easily, probly more due to my choice of race than anything though.

dogg1000
Jan 15, 2008, 12:11 AM
Not much love for fortegunner, probably cause sega wont give us ez 11*'s! (even gt got an ez11*)

RadiantLegend
Jan 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
Fortefighter/Fortegunner !!!

Pillan
Jan 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
My favorite is Acrotecher for now. Still love Guntecher and Fighgunner as well and I'm warming up to Acrofighter.

Xefi
Jan 15, 2008, 12:18 AM
i like to play with my fortetecher more often because i like to support and cast megid, barta, and zonde at enemies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

My orders of preference:
fortetecher > fortegunner > fortefighter > the rest....

Miyoko
Jan 15, 2008, 12:22 AM
Hay look, gunnertypes at the bottom!

*Stabs Sega* >:(

Oniko
Jan 15, 2008, 12:32 AM
Wartecher was my first advanced class, and remains my favorite. It has a great weapon selection and diversity(an absolute must for me)and there's always something new to try with just the one class. I've gone through so many PA's and techs just to try them out, and still have a lot more to try.

Second, I'd have to say either Guntecher or Fortetecher. Guntecher is easily my favorite of the gunners, and Fortetecher is such fun with the flashy effects. =3

Mendou
Jan 15, 2008, 12:58 AM
Guntecher, definitely. I started as a RAmarl in PSO, and naturally gravitated to the type which most matches their area of specialization (i.e., jack-of-all-trades) in PSU.

Nai_Calus
Jan 15, 2008, 01:23 AM
Fighgunner. There are other classes, but they're just there to remind you that Fighgunner is the best.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 15, 2008, 01:35 AM
Fortetecher of course. Probably like 5% of the community who actually started as one first.

Rayokarna
Jan 15, 2008, 01:42 AM
I wonder how many people start to level in Protranser in V1(Way before AOI updates news). The population of the Protranser class had a huge influx of people after the news of the AOI updates were heard. I wonder why....

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 15, 2008, 01:45 AM
Protranser now. I'm mainly a gunner (Fortegunner!) but I like to throw in some melee every now and then. I already leveled PT to 10 pre-AoI but found its ATP to be abysmal and not worth the versatility; now that it only has about a hundred less ATP than Fortegunner (both classes at 15 as a human), FoG's pretty much dead to me since PT has my favorite guns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-01-14 22:47 ]</font>

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2008, 01:55 AM
FF Because I like how it balance out human parameters.

darkante
Jan 15, 2008, 01:57 AM
I love being a Fortegunner for the reason of using rifles and shotgun.
Grenade launcher is just cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Twin handguns and crossbow is also very fun to use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kurai_Inago
Jan 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
Protranser.... if so many people like em, why the heck have I only met 5 of them since I started playing the game. O_o

amtalx
Jan 15, 2008, 01:44 PM
fG. Always.

HFlowen
Jan 15, 2008, 01:45 PM
Holy crap, PT is still on top?

Lol, I switched to PT the day it was available, never looked back.

chibiLegolas
Jan 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Ohhh... Such a tough choice to choose only one....

GT pre AoI.
But I'm REALLY enjoying AF atm. I always loved single handed weapons, AF's speed + JA/JC and high evade. It really makes melee'n fun.

Laranas
Jan 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-01-15 10:40, Kurai_Inago wrote:
Protranser.... if so many people like em, why the heck have I only met 5 of them since I started playing the game. O_oI'm wondering exactly how many people you play with. I meet like 10 PTs a day. In fact, counting me (who just started PT today) I was in a party with 3 PT's and one FiG.

I'm only PT Lv3, and I can see the potential, but I don't think I'd rate it as my favorite. They don't get Twin Claws.

Reginaldo
Jan 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
I'm torn between Fighgunner and Guntecher.

xgp
Jan 15, 2008, 02:28 PM
fg big guns 24/7

EMPYREAN
Jan 15, 2008, 03:49 PM
FortGunner then PT on a good 2nd place

Kurai_Inago
Jan 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
On 2008-01-15 11:12, Laranas wrote:

On 2008-01-15 10:40, Kurai_Inago wrote:
Protranser.... if so many people like em, why the heck have I only met 5 of them since I started playing the game. O_oI'm wondering exactly how many people you play with. I meet like 10 PTs a day. In fact, counting me (who just started PT today) I was in a party with 3 PT's and one FiG.

I'm only PT Lv3, and I can see the potential, but I don't think I'd rate it as my favorite. They don't get Twin Claws.

I'm teamed about 70% of the time, and I've rarely teamed with the same person more than once. Although, coincidentally, one of the people I have teamed with more than once is one of the few Protransers I have met. Heh.

soolayah
Jan 15, 2008, 04:11 PM
Oh, the good old pt days when I was amazed if I saw another pt and died if a monster sneezed. xD

Minamo
Jan 15, 2008, 08:08 PM
I have practised all jobs with different characters (mainly level up during the event period for new jobs). I still like FT the most because my first character in PSO was FOnewearl. Technique is everything.

Protranser is really funny. I like those EX traps but 10 is still too few for me. Cast/Caseals used to have 10+ @ each traps in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minamo on 2008-01-15 17:09 ]</font>

Gen2000
Jan 15, 2008, 08:41 PM
10 EX Traps is already broken enough. Ever party with a PT using whoring both Freeze and Stun EX? They basically drop the trap, sip on some tea while the rest of the party kills, move on the next mob and repeat. Mobs literally has no defense against that whatsoever. Against any mob that matters, 20 immobile EX traps is enough. If other party members helps in carrying more traps or there is even more PTs in the party that's even more overkill.

Minamo
Jan 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
Well, I am solo playing with my PT these days after job 15. Therefore it is a bit not enough for me in those S missions. (Those NPCs won't fight much like PCs)

FT is better because NPC/PM will fight more than enough after I buff / heal. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minamo on 2008-01-15 17:51 ]</font>

Chaosgyro
Jan 15, 2008, 08:59 PM
I'm withholding my vote for now because I just can't decide. I started as a WT, but had trouble coming up with only 6 choices out of all the weapon possibilities. I also didn't like the feeling of being married to my madoog with 2h weapons being the mistress you only saw for quick romps. AF was pretty cool - as shadoogs are made of win - but I dislike slicers and wanted the S rank twin weapons from the WT. Now I'm giving FiG a whirl, but I can't seem to warm up to the attack speed on twin sabers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Some of us are just picky I guess...Acro speed boost on FiG weapon selection: GIB NAO!!

Criss
Jan 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
Guntecher forever! Second place would be Protranser. :3

Genoa
Jan 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
Acrotecher =D
Fortegunner being a close second...
Fortefighter for the bronze ;o

Chaosgyro
Jan 15, 2008, 10:31 PM
Wait, could we get fighmaster as an option? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm hoping it has all the weapons I actually care about at S, plus perhaps a wand for resta/reverser action. Offline classes ftw.

...hey I can dream right?

AZKlegend
Jan 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
Protranser FTW

Shiryuu
Jan 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
1: Fortefighter
2: Guntecher
3: Fortetecher

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2008, 12:04 PM
Hmm. My main's two major classes happens to be the 2 least popular. Well. I certainly can't be accussed of following the trend, can I? That's probably because I always have the claim of walking to the beat of a different drummer. Originality for the win!!! And to the total death of stereotyping!!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
I would have to go with either Acrofighter or Fortefighter.

gambit04
Jan 16, 2008, 01:29 PM
I love FT overall http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've played PT and love the EX traps I image they will only get more powerful if they keep releasing more EX traps. I like playing PT a lot so it come in a close 2nd. I suggest everyone try this class for a few runs after you lvl the class past 5 because then it feels like you can equip some of your weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also on my favorite list is FF...you all know why LAWZ BIG NUMBERZ IZ FUN!

I've never really liked the Guntecher or Wartecher classes and have never tried AcroFighter but I look at that class like a weaker FF(I have no info backing this nor have I tried the class myself)

Neith
Jan 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
1) Fortefighter
2) Acrofighter
3) Protranser

Last) Fortetecher

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 16, 2008, 04:19 PM
I finally voted after avoiding it for so long.

I chose Acrotecher finally. Love the speed boost for melee. I'm a melee acrotecher who only heals, buffs, and debuffs. So my cast is working out just fine. I'm doing lower damage than my acrofighter but oh well, not like I ever solo.

1.Acrotecher
2.Protranser
3.Acrofighter

Ryoki
Jan 16, 2008, 05:09 PM
Fighgunner Supremacy.
Double Saber Supremacy.
Don't forget crossbows, twin handguns, daggers, sabers, and twin daggers...
I'm never going AF.

I sound like an ass, but my class is kind of dying...someone's gotta stick up for it. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2008-01-16 14:10 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 16, 2008, 05:32 PM
On 2008-01-16 14:09, Ryoki wrote:
Fighgunner Supremacy.
Double Saber Supremacy.
I'm never going AF.

I sound like an ass, but my class is kind of dying...someone's gotta stick up for it. D:

The poll says otherwise, although it may seem that Acrofighter seems to be stepping on Fighgunner's toes at the moment. I myself just simply prefer AF over FI, it has nothing to do with AF being the new class, but more to do with it being the class that I have been looking for in Shiro since the first day of PSU v1.

Kamiense
Jan 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm actually enjoying my Fortefighter a lot more than my Fortetecher. Once I get some decent weapons on him, I'll probably like him even more.

I voted for Fortefighter.

Ryoki
Jan 16, 2008, 05:42 PM
On 2008-01-16 14:32, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2008-01-16 14:09, Ryoki wrote:
Fighgunner Supremacy.
Double Saber Supremacy.
I'm never going AF.

The poll says otherwise, although it may seem that Acrofighter seems to be stepping on Fighgunner's toes at the moment. I myself just simply prefer AF over FI, it has nothing to do with AF being the new class, but more to do with it being the class that I have been looking for in Shiro since the first day of PSU v1.

I understand that completely. I felt the same way about Fighgunner. I was always into Double Sabers, Sabers, Twin Sabers, and Handgun, which I am sad that they made kind of crappy D:

seph_monkey
Jan 16, 2008, 06:26 PM
im in love with protranser, but yea i do all hunter types on one char, cept for fighgunner not realy that big a fan of it >_>
plus all fighgunners are starting to look the same with the braves coats and the comb over eye thing so i feel akward when i join a party with atleast 2 other fighgunners...

seph_monkey
Jan 16, 2008, 06:27 PM
oops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-16 21:59 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Jan 16, 2008, 06:50 PM
Acrofighter is the greetest!

Palle
Jan 16, 2008, 07:17 PM
GT, with PT close second.

Chaobo99
Jan 16, 2008, 09:44 PM
I play them all and i like all of them^^..But I pick fortetecher because technics are actually worth the great trouble to get them to 31..prettiful^^;;

SATatami
Jan 23, 2008, 06:38 AM
Yeah. I was asked by a friend who's gathering PSUer statistics to make a poll. Here it is. It's a basic concept. What's your FAVORITE class to play as?

Please note this topic is NOT to be made into an argument about which class is better or which class sucks. Save that drama for the next topic I make. ¬_¬;

Retniwreven
Jan 23, 2008, 06:47 AM
Acrogunner.
Wait, what?

Turbobrain
Jan 23, 2008, 06:52 AM
I like ALL Forte classes. Just started using my Cast FG seriously and I LOVE it... but it's new. I probably still prefer my FFr. My poor FTr has not had much work lately... just not as much fun for me anymore for some reason.

Hybrids are not for me.... not saying they are inferior(well not here coz we were asked not to;))... seriously... tried them and I just guess it's my RL personallity.... like to be master of one thing:) even though I play 3 jobs lol....

Acro... I've not made up my mind on. My friend went AT and when they support like they were designed to... they are outstanding... brilliant... even offensive techs(megid on mag+ har/quick... awesome). AF... I may come back to... I dunno I just dont like mixing ranged and melee weps much also I'm not a fan of slicers much either... I WAS on PSO... dunno why just me I guess oh and low PP, bad accuracy when used on Beast FF though I have to give proper try on AF with increased ATA to truly test them I guess and make up my mind properly.

*edit* looking forward to new 'Master' classes... hopefully these will be like uber forte's and we can use more S ranks as there will be some worth getting stat wise by then:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-23 03:54 ]</font>

Miakyo
Jan 23, 2008, 07:04 AM
I first started online as a FF, the only thing I disliked about the class was the attacking speeds.

When my friend informed me that an AF has a speed boost, I fell in love in that instant, and have yet to of changed class since.

Also S class on most one handed weapons. My personal preference. I couldn't be more smug with a class.

amtalx
Jan 23, 2008, 07:08 AM
Well someone had to vote for fG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

darkante
Jan 23, 2008, 07:11 AM
Hard to vote between GT and FG.

They are both equally loved by me.

But atm, i prefer GT.

Giresta, reverser and buffs spells at 21?
What more do you need alongside your guns? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 23, 2008, 07:12 AM
My vote goes to Acrofighter.

Dhylec
Jan 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
See this earlier, same topic
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=167323&forum=20&63

SATatami
Jan 23, 2008, 09:09 AM
Hmm, that helps a lot. Thanks, Dhy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: I got all the info a really needed. If you need to, you can lock topic.

Edit2: But I could still use some more posts like Turbobrain's. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-23 06:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-23 06:26 ]</font>

Doh42
Jan 23, 2008, 10:28 AM
Wartecher. I'm a knight at heart, and that class basically embodies it;
-"in the face" melee (Very few ranged options)
-Altruism; lower your own atp, ata, dfp and hp in order to have resta, reverser, buffs
-Access to Bow. This, in itself, is a huge factor of my enjoyment of a type
-Invincible Fortress. Wartecher is one of the hardest type to kill. Back when death penalty meant something, that actually had some worth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-AOTI's buff to 30-20-30-20 basically turned a jack-of-all-trade "weak" class that had to specialize in one-handed weapons (because of the previous cap 20 on melee PA) into a very decent fighter-mage-healer.
-Casting speech. The NA version of the game barely has any combat speech to it, but casting still triggers something close enough to it. There's nothing like laughing at a bunch of mobs and seeing a huge bolt of lightning striking them... for 100 damage :/

Plus their playstyle reminds me the most of PSO's Hunewearls and PSx's Nei/Mieu/Rika.

CrimsonHawk7
Jan 23, 2008, 10:51 AM
I must say, I've tried a lot of classes, and I just keep coming back to WT. I don't know why I like it so much.

LaMBoLOgy
Jan 26, 2008, 09:20 AM
Protranser is my only choice for this game. Guntecher would be my second fav. Most people have no idea what its like to be a protranser from pt lv1- lvl 15, since its so easy to lvl classes these days. Back when the pt class came out there were very very few protransers. But you can always tell real protranser by how developed their skills are.