PDA

View Full Version : closed

Sir_Satyr
Jan 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir_Satyr on 2008-01-30 07:21 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jan 14, 2008, 09:04 PM
You could explain to them as well the point that it takes you about a week to raise such an amount. If they're understanding enough, they should get the point. If you're not so lucky in that department, or they cause a fuss over it, I wouldn't necessarily trust them to do good on any arrangements in seeing your money again.

Alternatively, you could offer to help your friend raise some money by helping them in runs and the like. This way, you're playing with your friend while giving the impression you're actively willing to help, instead of paying them off and looking at the hole in your pocket because it's all said and done instantly. This also gives your conscience a rest, since you did help your friend, but you're also not necessarily obligated to put in a 100% money/time investment either. Less stress all around.

drizzle
Jan 15, 2008, 02:26 AM
"No"

SabZero
Jan 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
Oh, misleading thread title. Meseta != money. He could give you one of his rares as a safety deposit. Otherwise, the rule is friends/family and money don't mix.

omegapirate2k
Jan 15, 2008, 01:58 PM
You should demand interest, like me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DekaoTheRAmar
Jan 15, 2008, 04:21 PM
i had a similar experience happen to me. A friend needed some meseta to buy an armor from a player shop. Since i was doing alot of solo runs i happened to acquire a large sum of money. I was very pleased to see that my bank actually had something in it.

Well he asked if he could 'borrow' pretty much 95% of what i had in my bank. I told him i would give him X amount and the rest he would have to earn himself and i would be more than willing to help him get the rest of the money.

If you want to loan your friend money don't give him all of it. Just give him a small portion and offer to help him earn the rest. Even help him set up a shop where he can sell all his stuff he doesn't need anymore. I mean with this awesome luck and the Winter Event stats increased it's almost impossible not to get at least 3 or 4 rares a run.

Hopefully this helped in some way xD

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
I say no depending on how long I known this person and played with them online.

Sir_Satyr
Jan 16, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well, what I was thinking would happen, did happen. The guy got the weapon he was after, tried it out and in less than a day got bored with it and sold it. He got a pretty penny back, and then when I saw him again yesterday was lookingn to by more stuff. I told him he should save some of that money, not squander it away. I hope he listened.

DizzyDi
Jan 16, 2008, 10:10 AM
Just gotta learn to say no. Can't be a nice guy all the time. Some people just need that tough love.
Enjoy grinding for a week to get your money back.

Weeaboolits
Jan 16, 2008, 10:33 AM
I don't think it's you who should be worried about being tacky.