PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: More photon arts?

mattd48
Jan 15, 2008, 12:35 AM
am I limited to the two photon arts for sabers/spears/double sabers/etc i can buy at the store? or are there other photon arts? if there are others, how do i get them?

gryphonvii
Jan 15, 2008, 12:37 AM
once you are high enough to get s rank missions, get an s on them to get pa frags, getr enough and you can trade them in for new arts

Telina
Jan 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
If you go to a guardian's branch on any of the three planets you'll find a trade mision in each of them. By acuiring PA fragments (earned by completing S and S2 rank missions), you can trade for more advanced photon arts. Since they're non refundable (lol) you may want to do some research into the PA's your looking at before you purchase them.

mattd48
Jan 15, 2008, 12:58 AM
alright, thanks. i did 3 S runs earlier today, didnt see any PA frags. are they rare/hard to come by?

Telina
Jan 15, 2008, 01:02 AM
they are not droped items, they are a reward for beating the mission with an S rank. meaning, you killed all the monsters and didn't die and return to lobby. They cannot be bought or sold from player to player, but they can be sold to the npc. They accumulate slow at first, but you'll get tons of them the more you play.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 15, 2008, 01:06 AM
They appear in the 3rd page of your inventory, if that helps.

mattd48
Jan 15, 2008, 01:37 AM
so wait, you can't have died the whole mission in order to get PA frags at the end? and can i get them from the winter mission? do i have to go through the crystal and speak to the guy after de ragnus is dead instead of abandoning the mission in order to get one?

sorry for all the questions.

Telina
Jan 15, 2008, 02:10 AM
It used to be that any death, when one was not carrying a scape doll, docked your mission rank by one grade. Now it is such that death does not count against you, so long as you are revived and do not select "return to lobby". The winter missions do not give PA fragments for some reason....

If you have your heart set on amassing PA frags, hop on universe one or two during peak hours and check out Parum East. That is usually where people do PA frag runs, Just hope that not everyone is working the event for exp...

Chuck_Norris
Jan 15, 2008, 02:11 AM
You can die. Just don't click "Return to lobby" if you die without scape dolls.
You can not get PA fragments in the Winter Event missions.

Also, when you get to level 60. You can do story missions on A rank. If you S rank the trials in those missions, they give 10 PA fragments. Only catch is you can only get the fragments once form that mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-14 23:19 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 15, 2008, 02:14 AM
instead of going into the death conditions let me put it simply.

get S rank on an S mission and you recieve one PA frag.
Get S rank on an S2 mission and you get two frags.

That is all.