Ajeter23
Jan 15, 2008, 03:30 AM
Just wanna know which is better?
my DFP is - 296
my EVP is - 965
and thats without the armor

beatrixkiddo
Jan 15, 2008, 03:43 AM
As an Acrofighter, definately Legs. More EVP = more blocking = more free JC'd hits.

zandra117
Jan 15, 2008, 11:55 AM
Just wondering, when PvP Battle is released which stat would be more important? DEF or EVP because with the rapid attacks in a PvP match even just-counters would be interrupted by more blocking and you could get into a damage lock where you are unable to attack due to constant blocking. So would it be better to have more defense where you still get hit but take minimal damage while still attacking uninterrupted?

AC9breaker
Jan 15, 2008, 12:01 PM
I would say it depends on your Race and class. Say if you where a Newmen I would go for Legs. But if your a cast go for Guard. If your a human go for the one your class specializes in. Example Fortefighter >> Def.

If I was an Acrofighter Cast though I would still go for Guard.

Reginaldo
Jan 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
Honestly, collect all the Resist units. I've had both orpad units and I've found my Resist units to be alot more useful.

ThEoRy
Jan 15, 2008, 02:35 PM
Legs FTW!

Kamiense
Jan 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
/ Resist units.

kyle21
Jan 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
Legsless/Rainbow!

If your already AF Orpad/Legs might be worth it 1000+ EVP O.O FTW!

Vickie
Jan 15, 2008, 03:26 PM
if your acrofighter id say guard because legs is kind of over doing it then again it really depends on the situation so if u can, you could just carry both of em on you, but if i had to choose one id use guard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-01-15 12:27 ]</font>

mrbrando62
Jan 15, 2008, 03:37 PM
what about for a level 120 cast fortefighter??? guard or legs

Xefi
Jan 15, 2008, 03:43 PM
fortefighters should wear guard for their advantage. Fortefighter need eva? i dont think they will need extra disruption of their skills from the enemies.

On topic: Since you already have high EVA, i recommend adding in even more EVA for the heck of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-01-15 12:44 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jan 15, 2008, 04:05 PM
Let me put it this way. If you use Skills that benefit from fully completing the combo and have mediocre or bad first combos, you don't want EVP. If you use Skills that have better first combos, EVP is fine. An example is Moubu Seiran-zan. The first combo is 4x2 quick hits. JCing this is a great advantage. An example of a Skill that you would not want EVP for is Dus Majarra. The main bulk of Majarra's damage lies in the last two combos, thus interruption is bad.

So if you're a Fortefighter who uses Moubu Seiran-zan and like-minded Skills a lot, EVP could be useful (though you have little of it anyway as FF). If you're an Acrofighter and use such Skills, EVP is definately useful, especially since you have quite a bit of EVP already.

HFlowen
Jan 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
Isn't the ATA and EVP equation diminishing? As in, the more you have, the less it even matters?

I'd go with guard, but they're both fine.

Gen2000
Jan 15, 2008, 04:46 PM
Melee- Guard, evasion is bad on melee as it cancels your PAs. You want as little evasion as possible.

Gunner/Techer-Legs, evasion is good as their moves still comes out even if they block. You can take advantage of this to fire/nuke faster than normal resulting in very high DPS if you get very high evade. FT vs. Svaltus is a good example of that. Shotgun using FG vs. an average mob is another example.

But that's when you feel you don't need a Freeze/Sleep/Stun resist unit because they serve you better in missions with enemies that causes the following SEs imo. I had Orpa/Legs for many months and it's mostly just rots away in my PM or in my item storage since I'm usually wearing a resist unit instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-01-15 14:20 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jan 15, 2008, 05:12 PM
Melee - Guard, no question.
Techer - Legs, no question.
Gunner - Either, whichever you prefer more of. I use Guard on my gunner.

With less emphasis on elements, I really don't ever use Rainbows anymore. Legless / Rainbow could do some use to a Fighter (-50 EVP FTW), but why bother when Guard protects you from any element.

If you don't have access to a high tier (A or S) unit, I really would stick with resists, however. Freeze, Sleep, and Stun all have great use in the right situations.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 15, 2008, 05:56 PM
I personally use resists more than guard or legs units. There's just so much stuff that gives annoying effects that it's just more overly useful to use them rather than the orpad units.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 15, 2008, 06:10 PM
As a Human Acrofighter, I would kill for an Orpad Legs, especially since Hikai Shuha-zan is one of my favorite PAs, and that really benefits from JC with AF's speed bonus, especially since the first hit is the one you really need the most.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 15, 2008, 07:26 PM
On 2008-01-15 13:35, HFlowen wrote:
Isn't the ATA and EVP equation diminishing? As in, the more you have, the less it even matters?

I'd go with guard, but they're both fine.

ATA to EVP is diminishing on ATA's end. If your ATA is equal to their EVP, you have approximately an 85% hit rate I believe it was. To get 90%, you need almost twice that much ATA. :/

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
Well, EVP can never go to the point in being overkill because there's always a chance that you're going to get hit, and I'm not always going to be blocking all the time, but having high EVP helps make that chance of blocking get bigger, even if by only a little bit. As for ATA, I wouldn't want to stack up on it too much because I don't have any problems with missing.

norrisj15
Jan 15, 2008, 10:39 PM
On 2008-01-15 11:38, kyle21 wrote:
Legsless/Rainbow!

2nd that