PDA

View Full Version : I can't find [B] Degahna Cannon in the shop search...

Gunslinger-08
Jan 15, 2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, so after aquiring the mat, I've been trying to find the corresponding board so I can take a crack at making the stupid thing. My problem is, whenever I try and search for it, I get absolutely no results. The same goes for the material. I've tried everything I can think of, and am rapidly losing patience. Is the board really this rare? Or is the shop search system screwing me over?

JaiBlue
Jan 15, 2008, 09:36 PM
Or the the very possible 3rd option that no one could have those items in their shops?

Totti
Jan 15, 2008, 09:39 PM
It's rare - never seen it in shops

Tokagero
Jan 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
that's why he asked if the board is possibly that rare, stating that he thinks it may be so rare that noone has it in there shop
gunslinger, did you try to search 1 word of the item in the board section like "degahna" or "cannon" in the search by condition function?
or try to search by item " [B] degahna cannon"

Gunslinger-08
Jan 15, 2008, 09:42 PM
Yep. I tried searching by just one word, and the full name, as well as a number of other things. Well, if the board's that rare, is the material equally rare? Because I didn't see any of those either.

Tokagero
Jan 15, 2008, 09:44 PM
i'm pretty sure they're both rare but i'm not too sure, haven't played that long and i mostly play newer missions >_<

Krisan
Jan 15, 2008, 10:09 PM
This is probably one of the rarest V1 items in the game actually.. It is VERY valuable (the board itself is easily worth 20-25mil, with the made weapon going 30mil) and very precious to the few who have obtained one. Being as laser cannons are also fairly unpopular a weapon, that has easily served to make this weapon even more uncommon..

I recently did stumble upon the board however, of which makes me the proud owner of my very own Degahna Cannon. I can honestly say though, it looks easy to fail the synth on top of its rarity.. It is only about 66% or so success rate on a level 100 pure Ranged PM after all..

beatrixkiddo
Jan 15, 2008, 10:11 PM
Even post-AotI, it's that low?

Chaosgyro
Jan 15, 2008, 10:13 PM
Might be a side effect of the low star rating. Maybe it fell through the cracks of the rare item synth boost AoI got.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 15, 2008, 10:15 PM
On 2008-01-15 19:09, Krisan wrote:
This is probably one of the rarest V1 items in the game actually.. It is VERY valuable (the board itself is easily worth 20-25mil, with the made weapon going 30mil) and very precious to the few who have obtained one. Being as laser cannons are also fairly unpopular a weapon, that has easily served to make this weapon even more uncommon..

And this is the answer I was lookin for. Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Telina
Jan 15, 2008, 10:15 PM
Not to mention before the event missions it drops from a map with the bugged out robots that eat up your memory....well on the 360 server anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'd definitly hold on to it, sooner or later a very nice oppertunity will present itself involving either a ton of meseta or a weapon worth a ton of meseta...

_K1_
Jan 16, 2008, 12:12 AM
To find the board or weapon, search for "degahna". To find the synth mat, search for "adahna" (or however it's spelled). the shop system doesn't like "adhana cannon". Some people probably have the material for sale (it drops on all ranks) , but maybe not the board.

Also, IIRC, Deghana Cannon was a legit drop prior to the illegal item "deletion" on the PC servers, so there are may be some lurking around from the bad old days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _K1_ on 2008-01-15 21:28 ]</font>

Minamo
Jan 16, 2008, 12:16 AM
How about searching with 9 stars in other category, also set the lowest price very high?

PekingDuck13
Jan 16, 2008, 01:02 AM
I just found this board tonight and I'm going to try to trade it for a [B] gudda hon (xbox 360)

Totti
Jan 16, 2008, 01:42 AM
LOL! Good luck.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 16, 2008, 01:55 AM
On 2008-01-15 22:02, PekingDuck13 wrote:
I just found this board tonight and I'm going to try to trade it for a [B] gudda hon (xbox 360)

You'll get more money out of the board then you will the gudda hon, that's for damn sure.

Krisan
Jan 16, 2008, 06:53 AM
*snip*

AotI didn't increase any of the v1 droprates, with the exception of Area Drops. (Like Crea Doubles, or the Psycho Wand.. but I'd say even those weren't increased too much.) So yes, it is still a very rare item.. The mission it normally drops from isn't very popular either on top of everything else I mentioned.. so yea, while the Winter Event might cause them to circulate a bit better.. I imagine they'll remain this rare for a long while yet. (At least until we get the update the JP are getting on the 17th, where all the v1 droprates are being readjusted to be comparable to the AotI droprates..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2008-01-16 05:07 ]</font>

Keiko_Seisha
Jan 16, 2008, 07:37 AM
On 2008-01-16 03:53, Krisan wrote:

On 2008-01-15 19:11, beatrixkiddo wrote:

AotI didn't increase any of the v1 droprates, with the exception of Area Drops. (Like Crea Doubles, or the Psycho Wand.. but I'd say even those weren't increased too much.) So yes, it is still a very rare item.. The mission it normally drops from isn't very popular either on top of everything else I mentioned.. so yea, while the Winter Event might cause them to circulate a bit better.. I imagine they'll remain this rare for a long while yet. (At least until we get the update the JP are getting on the 17th, where all the v1 droprates are being readjusted to be comparable to the AotI droprates..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2008-01-16 03:55 ]</font>

He was talking about the synth rate. -sigh-

Krisan
Jan 16, 2008, 08:02 AM
On 2008-01-16 04:37, Keiko_Seisha wrote:
Bah, don't you sigh at me! =P
He didn't specify what he was replying to exactly, and in my haste to reply I misinterpreted his meaning, a simple mistake if one only were to read it at a glance. Also considering I was replying at around 4AM, I think I deserve a slight break on that one, as I see how obvious it is now.. Though if it'll make you feel any better, I'll reply to THAT now instead to make up for it.

---

AotI didn't really improve the synth rate on A-rank weaponry that much (if at all?) and this weapon just so happens to be a 9*.. So yeah, the synth rate is only around 66-68% or so, I forget the exact number but something in that general range. Many other "normal" 7-9* weapons likewise have a similar synth rate on a pure PM, so this really gets no special treatment in that regard.

It IS a bit strange of course, given the fact that 10*+ weaponry does have a higher success rate over lower grade weaponry now, but.. I assume this was mostly done because high grade weaponry is already hard enough to find.. both the board and the mats, so they don't want to add salt in the wounds by making the synth rate low as well. (It may also be due to the fact most A-rank boards have multiple tries on them - even if this particular one doesn't - and that a trade off for multiple tries is to have a lower success rate.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2008-01-16 05:12 ]</font>

RikaPSOW
Jan 16, 2008, 08:39 AM
Search for Minimum and Maximum of 9* then set the i forgot to highest att. That should work.

HFlowen
Jan 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
Lol, I found a board in shops the other day on the PC version for 3 mil.

Bought it, synthed it, grinded to 3/10 and sold for the decent price of 25 mil.

I already have a 5/10 so it's all good. =P

EDIT: Oh, and the synth rate isn't 66, it's like 78.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2008-01-16 11:06 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jan 16, 2008, 02:25 PM
On 2008-01-16 05:02, Krisan wrote:

On 2008-01-16 04:37, Keiko_Seisha wrote:
Bah, don't you sigh at me! =P
He didn't specify what he was replying to exactly, and in my haste to reply I misinterpreted his meaning, a simple mistake if one only were to read it at a glance. Also considering I was replying at around 4AM, I think I deserve a slight break on that one, as I see how obvious it is now.. Though if it'll make you feel any better, I'll reply to THAT now instead to make up for it.

---

AotI didn't really improve the synth rate on A-rank weaponry that much (if at all?) and this weapon just so happens to be a 9*.. So yeah, the synth rate is only around 66-68% or so, I forget the exact number but something in that general range. Many other "normal" 7-9* weapons likewise have a similar synth rate on a pure PM, so this really gets no special treatment in that regard.

It IS a bit strange of course, given the fact that 10*+ weaponry does have a higher success rate over lower grade weaponry now, but.. I assume this was mostly done because high grade weaponry is already hard enough to find.. both the board and the mats, so they don't want to add salt in the wounds by making the synth rate low as well. (It may also be due to the fact most A-rank boards have multiple tries on them - even if this particular one doesn't - and that a trade off for multiple tries is to have a lower success rate.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2008-01-16 05:12 ]</font>

AotI improved the synth rates of weapons that use unique materials. And yes, A-Rank synth %s were adjusted, as were almost all synth %s. Remember when 9* weapons used to be 50-55%?

MSAksion
Jan 16, 2008, 02:41 PM
I remember a story about a friend who REALLY WANTED that Cannon.

He soloed Grove of Fanatics S2 as a NEWMAN ForteTecher - not an easy task with EXPLODING robots left and right. We joined him every now and then over the course of a month or so infrequently.

One day we joined in and the 5 of us were at the boss teleporter. Our 6th friend shows up....

....the 6 of us Beat the Robot Boss...

...we picked up a Kerseline by mistake to our desperate friend...

...and the cannon [B] goes to our sixth who put in like 3 minutes worth of time versus a month of soloing...

...who a month later traded it away after finding out lasers suck XD (Back like last May lasers rule now)

Officially our desperate friend says De Nada - even gave the cannon mat (he had like 4) so at least he could SEE the cannon in use.

Unofficially he's disappointed our friend was greedy and everyone else then agreed... that was totally unfair and sega doesn't know that Kerseline is ridiculously STUPID as a rare.

Conclusion - that 9* cannon with superior PP and ATP over even a 10* Meteor Cannon and useable by Guntechers, Protransers, and ForteGunners is so rare that someone can solo for it a month and never find it.

Even now almost 8 months after the fact we still never have seen the cannon board EVER while looking for Hirokteri / Rikuateri. That Cannon is worth a fortune and very expensive even today.

Sychosis
Jan 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
You CALL that sixth PERSON a FRIEND?

pikachief
Jan 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
my friend saw it in shops like a few days ago.

so yea u can search it, there just inst any for sale right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cerberus1981
Jan 16, 2008, 02:57 PM
I spent 22 million on the made weapon about a month ago and was getting worried it might become common due to this event, glad to see it's not (sorry for being harsh but all the gunner weapons are rare/expensive so I need the few I do have to retain their value in case I sell them later).

I feel for anyone that is hunting this though, I've been hunting a Gur Asted for months and I finally saw one drop during this event and it went to someone else, I didn't I even wait for the list of rares to stop scrolling before switching my 360 off and not playing for 2 days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2008-01-16 12:01 ]</font>

garjian
Jan 24, 2008, 06:46 PM
i found one of these too, are you seriously saying this is worth 20-25mil? :S

Tetsaru
Jan 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
I once went broke soloing Grove of Fanatics trying to get one of those damned things...

I still have yet to see it drop, or even the biomaterial for it.

...Or any 11* weapon boards for that matter... >_>;