PDA

View Full Version : Acrotecher vs Fortetecher

TheFonz
Jan 15, 2008, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty excited about AoI's release (25th Jan in the UK) but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I do like my ForteTecher but at the moment I'm holding back on all my purchases in wait for AoI. I've pretty much decided upon being an Acrotecher but recently I'm having second thoughts. I've read about both classes but it'd probably be better to get an opinion from people who have already experienced both classes.

So, what's the pro's and cons of both classes? I love my "mage classes" and spells but at the same time I do feel that ForteTechers aren't very good against bosses. So should I forget about Acrotechers and just spend my money on Rods, or should I wait it out and stick with my original plan, the Acrotecher?

Minamo
Jan 15, 2008, 11:33 PM
If you like brilliant visual effects --> Fortetechor
If you like speed casting --> Acrotechor

FT - higher techinique power and mind
AT - more HP, high attack and defence

-----

I like FT more. Please don't ask me why. Love is love.

TheFonz
Jan 15, 2008, 11:44 PM
I do like my visual effects, but Forte's can be a little slow at time and the thought of speed techs does intrigue me. Damn its harder than I thought!

Who are better against bosses? I'm just a little bit iffy about Hybrid classes, it seems as though they're always in 2nd place behind the classes that are experts in one area and not jack of all trades. Does that still ring true with Acro's? And what does an Acrotecher have that a Wartecher doesn't? Sorry for mass amount of questions!

Minamo
Jan 16, 2008, 12:01 AM
I think the difficulty varies due to different boss.

For example, when fighting with those fighting objects like the Awaken Serpant (later comes the DF), the longbow is excellent (FT can use but AF cannot use).

However an AT can make more damage than a FT even though their TP is lower because they cast more quickly (App. FT 2 times <--> AT 3 times) and they have higher ATP. It is really an advantage (Both attacking/healing)

Let say, an AT will hardly die with the fast healing time and higher HP when compared with "extremely weak" FT (lowest HP, DEP).

AT's 30+ buff/debuff/heal is much powerful than WT's LV 20. It is good for solo playing.

I think WT is more dependent on melee while AT is for techniques.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 16, 2008, 12:03 AM
Acrotecher isn't really a Hybrid class. It's the PSU version of a FOmarl.

They still have level 30 attack spells, so you can still nuke somewhat. But the real draw is they're the only class with 40 support spells (AKA: resta, reverser, Buffs)

I'd say Acrotecher is better for bosses, if you use a whip. Since A rank ones can hit 4 targets, and S rank can hit 5.

I prefer acrotecher, because of the faster spell casting, and i can take 2 hits before dying.

It's basicly a cross betwine a FOmarl from PSO, and a melee force, with faster spell casting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-15 21:04 ]</font>

Astarin
Jan 16, 2008, 12:18 AM
FT vs AT:

FT: Level 30 bullets, level 40 attack technics, level 30 assist technics
-access to bows and rods
-power boost to rods is fairly noticeable
-higher TP & MST
-higher level bullets and attack technics

AT: Level 20 skills, level 20 bullets, level 30 attack technics, level 40 assist technics
-access to a variety of melee weapons
-higher HP, ATP, DFP... pretty much everything else, but those are the big ones.
-better melee skills and support

AT vs WT:

AT: (see above)
-access to more S-rank weapons than WT, including S-ranks from melee, ranged, and technic categories
-higher TP, ATA and EVP than WT (plus slightly higher ATP and DFP)

WT: level 30 skills, level 20 bullets, level 30 attack technics, level 20 assist technics
-access to different S-ranks
-slightly higher HP and MST than AT

I've played all three classes. FT is the purest technic caster; AT is a techer with some melee options available (vaguely like FOmar/l from PSO). WT has the strongest melee ability of the three, but still retains fairly strong attack technics.

As you know, FT is at a bit of a disadvantage against bosses. I'd argue that WT and AT are much better there. And Acrotecher... well, really the big thing they have that Wartecher doesn't, are more S-ranks and slightly higher stats in several areas. I would still argue that Wartecher has stronger melee strength than the two.

For what it's worth, I tried out all three, and have kept my main a Fortetecher. It best suited my playing style. The level 31 attack technics are nice, you still get great support, and rods boost tech damage noticeably (and only FT gets rods!).

Miyuki
Jan 16, 2008, 02:01 AM
Haven't play WT and only a little AT but as far as whips go, WT can use S rank w/ lvl 30 skills, AT has A rank whips w/ lvl 20 skills. FT also has A rank whips and lvl 10 skill.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 16, 2008, 02:08 AM
On 2008-01-15 23:01, Miyuki wrote:
Haven't play WT and only a little AT but as far as whips go, WT can use A rank w/ lvl 30 skills, AT is the only class with S rank whips w/ lvl 20 skills. FT also has A rank whips and lvl 10 skill.

Fixed.

Miyuki
Jan 16, 2008, 02:27 AM
Oh, my bad, had that backwards. Now I remember that contradiction - higher skills but worse whips.

Hatemachine
Jan 16, 2008, 03:34 AM
It depends on your play style. I preffer having the option to bombard with spells or get up close and personal with some ugly bastard.

Being able to do good aoe attacks with the whip then flip to my dori to heal the party or remove a status effect then move right back to whipping the piss outta everything I see or whirling around with the single dagger Ulti PA is just great and makes me feel not so cornered with techs being my BEST and STRONGEST option.

You also get twin pistols if you need some range AND mech guns. They help sometimes like against de rol le while he's flyin around.

EMPYREAN
Jan 16, 2008, 05:10 AM
well as its been said its all upp to your playstyle. i have playd FT longer than i have playd AT but i would say the biggest differences is that AT is aimed towards supporting while FT is the uber offensive type.
so if u only care aboute high DMG then stick to FT, but if u like to be a bit more helpfull to the whole party and dont need high DMG then go for AT.

milka
Jan 16, 2008, 05:51 AM
Again this topic???? haven't we talk about this like zillions times before AotI???

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2008, 09:40 AM
My opinion:

AT can melee. In AoI, that's pretty important.
AT doesn't have level 31+ technics with their stupid obnoxious blinding effects.

I like AT better.

Kietrinia
Jan 16, 2008, 09:57 AM
My own play style is often just sit back, and make things explode from a distance...plus I'm a big fan of shiny things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Both classes have their place in this game, it just depends on your own personal playing style really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2008, 10:01 AM
you could also play as AT at the start if your techs are below 30, when you get some or all the techs you use to 30, change to FT so you can have them at 31 :3

MUSTANG38
Jan 16, 2008, 10:10 AM
I have a neuman FT and tried the AT for a day to see what is was like. Spent about 200k on whips, arts, and a magoog (or whatever).

I did not like it: The whip looks cool but did hit good enough even though it leveled to 10 withing an hour, faster casting didn't really matter, but the biggest reason I switched back to FT was my game was built around the rod and that part was not there as an AT. I switched back to FT and have not looked back.

Give the AT a try, if you don't like switch back.

mphil145
Jan 16, 2008, 10:41 AM
I switched from a Newman lvl 7 Ft to a At as well and me personally I like the AT better because I like having the option of being able to melee and little and also the option to stand back and cast spells from a distance if need be. Fortechers were fun for me at first but it got a little boring after awhile standing back just throwing fireballs from a distance. As for whips needlessto say they make me very happy.