PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cannon PA

Morokite
Jan 15, 2008, 11:48 PM
Is Mayalee Prism worth it? Does anyone use it here?
I'm just worried that the knockback effect it does will basically knock my groups apart thus making it harder for me to hit multiple targets with each shot.
Just wanted to make sure cause I just got my Rising to 11 and didn't know if it'd really be worth it to lose all that work(Well not so much lose, but put on the back burner for quite awhile @_@) for a sub-par PA

Also while on the subject of Laser Cannons. What do you guys find to be the best element for the Cannon?

Minamo
Jan 16, 2008, 12:04 AM
I like ice. Make frozen monsters on a row.

Chaosgyro
Jan 16, 2008, 12:10 AM
Phantasm is pretty good. Great ATA and good ATP mean you do plenty of damage even though it's a neutral bullet. Sleep may not be the best SE, but it does stop the mob from doing everything when it lands. Also, this could be the only cannon bullet you use, thus avoiding levelling all the elements...which is something of a masochistic goal.

joluh
Jan 16, 2008, 03:06 AM
I love Mayalee Prism, although I play Offline and with a Male Newman, I love knocking everything away, you can just line them up quickly and keep everything on the floor; you can always just try and if you don't like it, then don't use it.

SolRiver
Jan 16, 2008, 04:22 AM
Imo, confuse is the best condition to spread with AoE.

Reason due to that monsters will start targeting each other and gather in one spot for even easier AoE to be done.

amtalx
Jan 16, 2008, 08:19 AM
Mayalee Prism isn't particularly useful. It's nice to have in some instances if the spawn is favorable, but don't make it a staple of your offense.

IMO, Laser Cannons and Shotguns are a fGs bread and butter. As painful as it is, I would level all elements for it...but I'm crazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Unless you are PT or GT, in which case you have an entirely different set of PAs to deal with.

AZKlegend
Jan 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
I don't think it's worth it...

Apone
Jan 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
Its fun sometimes but... well it is good in dangerous situations where you and your party will get their butts kicked unless a number of enemies are knoked to the ground quick. Possibly more useful in upcoming S2s where taking some enemies out of action by knoking them over could mean the difference.

Proto07
Jan 16, 2008, 12:02 PM
Mayalee is mainly for support, thats how i use it anyway. The damage is the lowest of all prism PAs but the knockback is ridiculous. Its good for pinning enemies in a corner so other party members can do massive damage (Regrant, Jabroga) on large groups.

Phantasm is probably the only one you really need. Its really strong for a neutral element so don't believe what the description says. Pretty much everything Chaosgyro has said above is true.

gambit04
Jan 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-01-16 08:16, AZKlegend wrote:
I don't think it's worth it...

/agree

at one time maybe but atm no everyone is so powerful you would just be increasing the time on your runs...

now if you like to solo a lot go for it I think it is sweet to send all the monsters flying. Oh! If you can get them into a corner and whip out your grenade launcher then it is win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mll
Jan 16, 2008, 01:27 PM
Its good for Guntechers, its their only access to knockback.
Its completely unnessecary if you have rising strike at lvl 11+.

panzer_unit
Jan 16, 2008, 01:34 PM
On 2008-01-16 05:19, amtalx wrote:
IMO, Laser Cannons and Shotguns are a fGs bread and butter. As painful as it is, I would level all elements for it...but I'm crazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Unless you are PT or GT, in which case you have an entirely different set of PAs to deal with.

Proper element at 31 > Phantasm at 31+ > any other element at 31+

... of course, the best choice is 6x the work of just doing Phantasm. I'm going for the ultimate and then I'll hit the rest at my leisure.

Mayalee Prism is great against worm enemies and large monsters if you don't have grenades... e.g. not all that often.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-01-16 10:40 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2008, 01:44 PM
MayaLee Prism is also useful on levels where you deal with enough powerful tech lobbers where there's too many of them to use traps on. To tell the truth, the GTs get the most advantage out of them due to the need for safety, their limits on trap usage, no grenade launchers, and melee stuck at level 10. It's almost tailored for that class, in today's level of availability.

Ryoki
Jan 16, 2008, 02:28 PM
We need Killer Prism, damnit.

If only it existed...
Lasers possess the same properties as megid, but no incapacitation pa? Why not, sega?!?

SATatami
Jan 16, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-01-16 11:28, Ryoki wrote:

If only it existed...
Lasers possess the same properties as megid, but no incapacitation pa? Why not, sega?!?

It's called "Stupid hax dmg"

Ryoki
Jan 16, 2008, 02:31 PM
On 2008-01-16 11:30, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-01-16 11:28, Ryoki wrote:

If only it existed...

It's called "Stupid hax dmg"

Not really. Megid doesn't do a whole lot of damage, and doesn't incapacitate often, even at high levels. It would be easy to make a PA for the laser that wasn't overpowered.

Soda
Jan 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
I Use the dark 1 since the att is high and when u virus them its an extra ^_^