PDA

View Full Version : Magid

crzydadfitz
Jan 16, 2008, 03:16 PM
I get killed by magid a hell of a lot. bout 10 times each when i go through linear line with a party. what armor or unit can i use to reduce the chances of magid. i have yamato-senba what 16$ dark element on it.

Kamiense
Jan 16, 2008, 03:18 PM
Get better dark %. Oh, it's megid, I have no idea what "magid" is.

EspioKaos
Jan 16, 2008, 03:20 PM
Megid's incapacitate is basically a status effect, so the only way to reduce your chances of instant death from it would be to increase your character's stamina/endurance. Very few line shields will increase this stat, so you'll have to turn to extra units.

pikachief
Extra Slot units like Rabol Rappy, Garment Auras, and black hearts can reduce the chances of Megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also Castest line and Shinowa Line also reduce the chance of this.

If your a cast and SUV can also do it as well.

A Female cast with an A rank SUV and either shinowa line or Castest line cannot be status effected by small things or killed by megid in one shot by small megids

gambit04
Go with a higher END that helps prevent status effects from happening like insta-death

Neith
Jan 16, 2008, 03:27 PM
Linear Line (Deljaban) Megid is very easy to dodge. Only becomes a problem when there's a large spawn.

SEED-Vitace Megid I find even easier to dodge, probably because it's not used as often.

In terms of resisting the death effect, either raise your character's STA (also known as END- This can be achieved with certain armours, like Shinowa Line, Delette Line and Michi-senba, as well as units like Garment Aura, Hard / Stamina and SUV Units), or raise your MST to a high enough level so that the Megid does 0 damage.

The way statuses work in PSU, if you can reduce the Megid damage to 0, it cannot trigger the Incapacitate status. Same as reducing a Foie to 0 will never Burn you.

However, unless you're a Techer, chances are you won't get high enough MST (I think 500 MST or so was needed to resist Lv80 Deljaban Megid). So, your easiest option is increasing STA. I think getting 21STA makes you immune to Lv1 Megid Incapacitate (which is what Deljabans use). I know my aF with 22STA (Delette Line + Female + aF bonus + Hard / Stamina) hasn't been killed by one yet.

pikachief
Jan 16, 2008, 03:30 PM
On 2008-01-16 12:27, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Linear Line (Deljaban) Megid is very easy to dodge. Only becomes a problem when there's a large spawn.

SEED-Vitace Megid I find even easier to dodge, probably because it's not used as often.

lol i didnt even know they used megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

that dark purple and green ball thingy isnt megid

EspioKaos
Jan 16, 2008, 03:33 PM
On 2008-01-16 12:30, pikachief wrote:
lol i didnt even know they used megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On very rare occasions, SEED-Vitaces will do a three-shot Megid much like Jusnaguns and Carriguines. From what I've seen, though, they're more prone to stick with Foie.

Tiyr
Jan 16, 2008, 03:34 PM

When they get lower on HP they will occasionally shoot out three or four Megids using the same animation they use for the fireballs. Doesn't happen too often, but they definitely do it.

SStrikerR
Jan 16, 2008, 03:35 PM
Then what is it?

Laranas
Jan 16, 2008, 03:36 PM

On 2008-01-16 12:27, UrikoBB3 wrote:

They have that AND megid

pikachief
Jan 16, 2008, 03:40 PM
wow sorry >.<

lol i've never seen one shoot megid before D:

JAFO22000
Jan 16, 2008, 03:53 PM
On 2008-01-16 12:34, Tiyr wrote:

When they get lower on HP they will occasionally shoot out three or four Megids using the same animation they use for the fireballs. Doesn't happen too often, but they definitely do it.

They shoot five megid. Trust me. I see it happen a lot more than most here. They shoot five at a time. Not as often as they shoot foie, but they do shoot it. I must just suck and can't kill them fast enough, thus they shoot it more often at me.

As for OP's request of resiting megid, the best way is to NOT get hit by it. Formulate a strategy that causes you to get hit less, if at all. When megid creatures are in the room, try to keep an eye on all of them. Work with your teammates to incapacitate these creatures first. Freezing them and putting them on their backs are two strategies that will keep them from shooting you.

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
SEED-Vitace attacks:

Green ball (causes Poison)
4x Tentacles
Go underground, burst out near your location
Swing tentacles around body (causes Jellen)
2x Foie
5x Megid (Rare)

Just so we're straight.

desturel
Jan 16, 2008, 04:21 PM
On 2008-01-16 12:20, pikachief wrote:
A Female cast with an A rank SUV and either shinowa line or Castest line cannot be status effected by small things or killed by megid in one shot by small megids

Any female gunner with a stamina unit resist status effects. Infact a non-cast or a cast with a Hard / Stamina (END +6) is better off than a cast with just an SUV (END +3)

On 2008-01-16 12:58, Typheros wrote:
SEED-Vitace attacks:

Green ball (causes Poison)
4x Tentacles
Go underground, burst out near your location
Swing tentacles around body (causes Jellen)
2x Foie
5x Megid (Rare)

You forgot Zodial which is about as rare as Megid. Plus the 5 megid balls is probably the best attack to wait for with melee users since they have the longest recovery time from that. You normally have a few seconds to knock them around after they finish spitting megid balls. Also after they start spitting, the start spinning around really slowly so if you get behind them immediately and use something that won't knock them out of the attach like Ikk Hikk or the Shotgun, you can kill them pretty quickly after they start using megid.

Powder Keg
Jan 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
Higher dark % will not help you against Megid, unless the spell itself does 0 damage.

You need units that add extra STA/END like Hard/Stamina, Garment Aura, etc...

Tsavo
Jan 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm guessing your a fighter type? Since techers have good mst and rangers can hang back out of megid range and such. If this is the case then I recommend a new strategy. Ya you could go about getting all those units and armors and what not to strengthen yourself against status effect but those you help you until you actually get ahold of them which could be awhile. Make sure you remain aware of megid throwers and bring a good flipping weapon like twin sabers+rising crush or saber with rising strike. If they're in the air or on their backs they can't megid you.