PDA

View Full Version : PSU Ventrilo server

cApNhOwDy
Jan 16, 2008, 09:54 PM
I know several attempts in the past have been done to make a PSU Ventrilo server, so I thought I'd throw my own out there for those who are interested. IP is 141.213.163.170

I dont think that port actually matters, if you leave it blank I think that Vent automatically finds one. In case you need it, try 3784, it's what I use. So anyways, log on, chat it up, tell your friends, should be a good time. If there are any other active Vent servers, lemme know. I tried a few in another topic on here that had like 8 pages, but I couldnt get them to work.

Indica
Jan 16, 2008, 10:05 PM
Your hosting this from University of Michigan ?

cApNhOwDy
Jan 16, 2008, 10:23 PM
Yup, sure am. This connection is a blessing, I torrent off of it at max speed while running the Vent server while running a dedicated Halo and Tribes: Vengeance server (though not exactly at the moment, but I did last semester and I plan on getting it set up again when I have time) while being on AIM/Xfire and playing online games, and I still get 10k down 5k up at the very very least.

Laranas
Jan 16, 2008, 10:31 PM
If your IT department is any good, they'll be questioning you about your bandwidth usage within the month.

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 16, 2008, 11:12 PM
You probably don't realize this but you're causing a strain by running that much off their network like that... Even if they is hardly a difference they can still tell that the usage jumps abnormally. They probably already know about the spiking. If they pin point the source and find out what's causing it then you're screwed. Give them enough time and they'll eventually find out.

I don't want to fuck up your xmas or anything but you don't want a university busting you for illegal downloading. Trust me... They won't be very happy if they find out that their bandwidth was expended by some student going on a torrent spree.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2008-01-16 20:22 ]</font>

Vendemiare
Jan 16, 2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah, you really might not want to torrent on campus.

That's how most people get those nasty fines and what not.

cApNhOwDy
Jan 16, 2008, 11:32 PM
Well if I get caught then I guess that's my business. I know what I'm doing and I'm not worried. I've been doing it for over a semester, and I suppose if I get told to cut back on the network usage I will. Right now, I'm not downloading/uploading anything illegal, so I'm not too worried about getting in trouble with "the man" over anything.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 12:24 AM
You know, there's already a vent server.

SATatami
Jan 17, 2008, 12:25 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:24, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Then do post the info.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 12:27 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:25, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-01-16 21:24, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Then do post the info.

IP:66.249.6.210
port number:3799

EDIT:Hmm...That's odd. It doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me, or is it for anyone else?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-16 21:28 ]</font>

cApNhOwDy
Jan 17, 2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah I tried that one and couldnt get it to work either.

SATatami
Jan 17, 2008, 12:36 AM
doesn't work for me either.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 12:41 AM
Maybe it got took down? Ah well. Good job anyway, capnhowdy.

cApNhOwDy
Jan 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
Has anyone tried it out with success? I know there arent alot of people on at all times but I pop my head in there on occasion and see a few people. Might wanna try logging in and leave Vent running even if you're the only person in the server, eventually people will pop in. I bet this will be more popular during the weekends for those who choose to participate.

SATatami
Jan 17, 2008, 01:39 PM
I was on it all last night. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cracka_J
Jan 17, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'll give it a shot eventually. Thanks for settin it up. Usually I chat it up with my normal group of friends, but not too many have been playin psu recently. Good to have another option if it's a dead night or whatever, and want to get some games in with the community. I'll prolly check it out this weekend.

ShinAnt
Jan 17, 2008, 01:47 PM
inb4deleteyoursystem32>>

SATatami
Jan 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
THIS IS MICROSOFT SAM. TO SOLVE ALL YOUR VIRUS ISSUES, DELETE YOU SYSTEM32 FOLDER. C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32!!! oh.... good times...

RACast_Raiden
Jan 17, 2008, 04:36 PM
the old PSOW vent is now set to private and no outsiders can go in it anymore...

SATatami
Jan 17, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, well... >_> They need to make it public again, or give out applications to join.

cApNhOwDy
Jan 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, if it's active, I'd love to join that one.

SATatami
Jan 17, 2008, 08:07 PM
No kidding. Why is it private now, anyways?

Retehi
Jan 17, 2008, 08:11 PM
One of those "cool kids only" club, probably.

Dragwind
Jan 17, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it seems Ryuki begged the admin to make it private etc etc. Knowing Ryuki, nothing is open to everyone unless it gets him attention. As soon as he gets negativity, he makes things private lulz.

Edit: It's happened in the past servers btw. ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragwind on 2008-01-17 17:45 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Jan 17, 2008, 08:45 PM
WE'RE TOO COOL FOR YOU-PSOW VENT SERVER

No but seriously..
idk, we have plenty of people that are consistently and we all know eachother, so it works out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Jan 17, 2008, 08:46 PM
Actually Dragwind, it wasn't anything of the sorts at all. I didn't beg the admin to do anything, nor did I tell him to do anything.

We were having people here from PSOW constantly coming in and purposely harassing/spamming the server, which sent the owner of the vent up the wall. He couldn't take it, and decided to close it down. I haven't heard of any news of him re-opening a server to the public since then.

Nice way to assume things though, Drag.

Edit: By the way, the "past" PSOW server was closed down due to financial problems with Blicen. I had nothing to do with that one, either.

So really, stop assuming things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2008-01-17 17:51 ]</font>

Scion
Jan 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, but you're still a ******. We don't need to assume that. ^_-

--Mod edit: user gets a warning for this comment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-01-17 18:19 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 17, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hey, Hikaru, I remember how you tried to spell Ryuki, but hey look, I can spell too. Look. Hikaru:

--Mod edit: user gets a warning for this comment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-01-17 18:20 ]</font>

Dragwind
Jan 17, 2008, 08:55 PM
One can only assume when another only assumes things about other people in private.

Am I so wrong to assume something you've possibly done? I can recall when you assumed others were saying things about you, so you just abused privileges to end it silently without telling the others. (Adding passwords to channels so others you didn't like couldn't join, booting people from servers because you couldn't handle issues upfront with the person)

That leaves the others only to assume, such as myself. I've also come to find many of my assumptions about you have been sadly true, so I decided to take a little curious jab at the fate of that server judging from past experiences.

Shadwitz
Jan 17, 2008, 09:00 PM
Glad I'm on the better Vent Server, I guess.

RegulusHikari
Jan 17, 2008, 09:01 PM
I'd probably be interested if there was a chance that the community wouldn't get their panties in a bunch over everything (like what's going on in this topic).