PDA

View Full Version : Revising my Ideas on Master Classes... (edited first post)

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:30 AM
Okay I would like to re-cap and update my predictions of master classes... And would like to see what others think =D

Ahem, all existing Expert Classes fill a role. Forte-classes fill the DPS role in their area of warfair, Hybrid Classes give us the ability to blend Ranger Hunter and Force, Protranser specializes in traps, Acrofighter specializes in single handed melee weapons, Acrotecher specializes in single hande techs and support.

I predict that the master classes will simply be three new expert classes that fit three new roles. These three new expert classes will fill the following roles:

FighMaster
- Master of melee weapons receiving S rank weapons in all Melee Weapons (Axes, Double Sabers, Whips etc.). Lvl 40 Melee PAs. No guns or techs

- No PP-Reduction of the Forte-Classes
- Lower ATP, and DEF. Highe ATA and HP than Fortefighter - Less Dmage dealt
- No mixing of types found in Hybrid-Classes
- No Trap use at all
- No Speed Boost

GunMaster
- Master of ranged weapons receiving S rank weapons in all Ranged Weapons (Rifle, Bow, Cross Bows etc.). Lvl 40 Bullets. No Melee or Techs

- Lower ATP and ATA Higher STA, EVA and HP than Fortegunner - Less Damage dealt
- No Trap use at all
- No Speed Boost

MasterForce
- Master of Technics receiving S rank weapons in all three Tech Weapons (Rods, Wands, and Madoogs) and lvl 40 attack and support Technics. Lvl 40 attack and support PAs. No Melee or Guns.

- Lower TP and DEF, Higher MST and HP than Fortetecher - Less Damage dealt
- No Trap use at all
- No Speed Boost -this allows Acrotecher to be the better supporter

Each expert class specializes in specific weapons while restricting us to those said weapons, these classes would fit the role of allowing players to use all S rank weapons of a type in one class. Fighmaster and Gunmaster would be luxury classes in that sense

And for Masterforce this would give the ability to use both attack and support techs to lvl 40 in one class while not beating FT and AT in their specialization.

These classes would fit a role while not taking away the roles of the current classes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 00:39 ]</font>

RedMussel
Jan 17, 2008, 12:33 AM
Not Again D:

Laranas
Jan 17, 2008, 12:34 AM
I still say you should just wait until official info is out. Everyone seems to come up with ideas because they're called "Master," but as it is now they could be called "Candy Classes" and not a thing would change.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:35 AM
Neither one of you red it did you U_U

Laranas
Jan 17, 2008, 12:36 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:35, Leahcim wrote:
Neither one of you red it did you U_U

I read the whole thing. None of the classes sound like any fun. But I still thing all the speculation is stupid.

Gunmaster should get traps, anyway.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:39 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:36, Laranas wrote:

Not at all, well In my perspective of master classes specializting in use of all weapons. (well, that and PA caps for MF).

- Protranser already exists to specialize in trap-type weapons.
- Trap use would bring step on Fortegunner's toes a little too much

LTrav2k
Jan 17, 2008, 12:41 AM
I don't see a reason to use any of the class types listed above. Even though weapon selection would be greater, it appears that even fighting certain mobs would be severely limited. Unless... said monsters were 50+ levels below you.

A fighmaster versus a group of shagreece would take 12 years if they get a chance to fly out of melee range. =/

Would this be specifically to make the game a greater challenge?

Laranas
Jan 17, 2008, 12:42 AM
If Rangers (and every class with a Ranger requirement) can use Traps, I see no reason to restrict it from Gunmaster. Just my two cents.

Chuck_Norris
tl;dr, but no, just no.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-16 21:42 ]</font>

RedMussel
I think people should stop making topics like this and just wait, because i have been in random party's where people are saying that they are level these classes so they can be the "master" class when they come out, and when i asked where they got this info they said pso-world.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:43 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:41, LTrav2k wrote:

A fighmaster versus a group of shagreece would take 12 years if they get a chance to fly out of melee range. =/

uh, thats what teamplay is for in this online game.

No class should be able to kill Everything. Thats why certain enemies are resistant to melee, or range or tech.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:44 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:42, Chuck_Norris wrote:
tl;dr, but no, just no.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-16 21:42 ]</font>

You're cool in-game chuck, but not so much here D=

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:45 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:42, Laranas wrote:
If Rangers (and every class with a Ranger requirement) can use Traps, I see no reason to restrict it from Gunmaster. Just my two cents.

I understand that fully.
But just the way I see Gunmaster ( which of course is nothing but an opinion ), they would fill weapon roles and less on secondary things like traps.

Syl
Jan 17, 2008, 12:46 AM

The way OP set it up would make it that you need to have a pretty balanced team or else you're going to run into a lot of problems.

The restrictions are actually pretty good for once, but at the same time I would rather keep my hybrid versatility

Umberger
Jan 17, 2008, 12:46 AM
I only read Masterforce, and honestly that just sounds awful. It loses any sort of diversity it had as any other -techer class, and for what? Level 40 Support TECHNICs at best. Why would an advanced version of any class have lower stats, leading to lower potential damage, than what it is based off of? I don't mean to come off as offensive but these would be horrible, there'd be no reason at all to play them.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:48 AM
Reasoning to play them:

Access to all Weapons of a type - so People can stop bitching that there's no classes with axes and double sabers. Or a classes with S rank Cross bows that isn't Guntecher.

For Masterforce it would shut a ot of ppl up who complain that fortecher doesn't get level 40 support techs. Forte means strong, why should a class meant for damage be the best at support too?

And Thats Syl brought up something: ppl would still have reason to play other classes! =D This means our diversity of classes wouldn't dwindled from 9 back down to 3. This is what I' hoping for with master classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-16 21:51 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 12:51 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:44, Leahcim wrote:

tl;dr, but no, just no.

You said the exact same thing last time you tried this. Do i even know you in-game?

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:52 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:51, Chuck_Norris wrote:

tl;dr, but no, just no.

You said the exact same thing last time you tried this. Do i even know you in-game?

You sure do. =)

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 12:55 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:52, Leahcim wrote:

tl;dr, but no, just no.

You sure do. =)

Then please. Enlighten me on who the hell you are.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 12:55 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:55, Chuck_Norris wrote:

tl;dr, but no, just no.

You sure do. =)

That's okay, its interesting to see this side of you =O

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 01:03 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:55, Leahcim wrote:

tl;dr, but no, just no.

You sure do. =)

Envy? Skids?.....Reggie?

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 01:08 AM
Not anyone big don't worry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 01:11 AM
Ok, i'm stumped. I'll give you 20 Chuck Norris Dollars if you tell me who you are.

LTrav2k
Jan 17, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:46, SylviaEspada wrote:

The way OP set it up would make it that you need to have a pretty balanced team or else you're going to run into a lot of problems.

The restrictions are actually pretty good for once, but at the same time I would rather keep my hybrid versatility

I don't mind the restrictions on the skills in regards to promoting teamwork, I'm moreso worried about the average player who doesn't have the gear which would support the stat loss.

Unless you had a static team, or got very lucky... it seems like you'd be giving up a whole lot playing one of these classes.

Shishi-O
Jan 17, 2008, 01:18 AM
the master classes will be effin powerful, no one wants a dork class.

1) all s ranx in their field

2) more hp, atp, and tech.

3) they will be the ultimate customization of play styles. the coming s2/ omega missions will not be a cakewalk.

Shishi-O
Jan 17, 2008, 01:20 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:39, Leahcim wrote:

On 2008-01-16 21:36, Laranas wrote:

Not at all, well In my perspective of master classes specializting in use of all weapons. (well, that and PA caps for MF).

- Protranser already exists to specialize in trap-type weapons.
- Trap use would bring step on Fortegunner's toes a little too much

protranser gets traps because they have lvl 5 ranger, traps come from rangers

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cool, Traps Aren't Guns though

Duh

Zael
Jan 17, 2008, 01:44 AM
the ultimate customization of play styles. the coming s2/ omega missions will not be a cakewalk.

Yeah they most likely will. A level 50 character can easily solo a mission with level 100 enemies. What makes you think it'll be any different with level 120 vs. level 170 enemies?

Seriously, the only thing higher levels on enemies do is increase stats. Unless they release new enemies or give the enemys better AI or new attacks, the upcoming higher-ranked missions will most likely be too easy.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 01:48 AM
On 2008-01-16 22:44, Zael wrote:

the ultimate customization of play styles. the coming s2/ omega missions will not be a cakewalk.

Yeah they most likely will. A level 50 character can easily solo a mission with level 100 enemies. What makes you think it'll be any different with level 120 vs. level 170 enemies?

Seriously, the only thing higher levels on enemies do is increase stats. Unless they release new enemies or give the enemys better AI or new attacks, the upcoming higher-ranked missions will most likely be too easy.

It's likely the enemies will get newer reskins. Note the 13* knuckles, Melan Knuckles. (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2783/melan_knuckle/)
It's Description says "knuckle created using the arm of a Bil De Melan"

Sounds like a vear reskin to me.

Zael
Jan 17, 2008, 01:54 AM
Maybe so, but I have seen nothing else in the game data that suggests there will be new enemies. Or even other reskins.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 17, 2008, 01:57 AM
Even so. The knuckles show there will be at least one new enemy/reskin. So there probably will be more. And who knows, the enemy AI changed when the other enemies got their reskins. They might change again.

Jao
Jan 17, 2008, 02:00 AM
Offline classes FTW

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 02:00 AM
I would love higher level enemies (not just the level, but difficulty as well)

=/ I really hope there is

vfloresjr24
Jan 17, 2008, 02:01 AM
Just read your prediction about the master classes and I have to say I don't like some of the stuff you put there. If your prediction is true I would not waist my time with master classes at all. I would rather stay with protranser than going with master class.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 02:03 AM
And that's fine.

One point I was trying to get across was avoiding everyone flocking to these 3 classes =/

physic
Jan 17, 2008, 02:07 AM
they have new enemies in the new rycross planet, and i think a couple new bot types in max attack, i wouldnt be surprised if there were more reskins in the data.

i think your theory is somewhat possible slightly tweaked, and people complaining about atp loss... frankly if master classes main stats are lower than fortes, they can still be higher than hybrids, and for gunmaster or whatever the extra selection of weapons with 2nd atp and ata to Fortegunner isnt bad at all, Of course for fortefighter, theres only like two or 3 melee they cant use on S so i dunno if it be worth it, annd for force, all they d gain is madoogs, which is not that big a deal really.

Sooo i doubt it would go down like this exactly.

Dein
Jan 17, 2008, 02:13 AM
Luxury Classes are a sufficient role for the master classes? You know what you described for all the master types are pretty much just gimped forms of the forte types. If someone is, let's say a fortefighter, they'll have no reason to even want to go to Fighmaster and I doubt any fortegunner and techer would really want to go to their respective master classes either. What you've done is created 3 new types that are pointless and defeat the purpose of even adding them.

I believe most players, in this game and in every game, like to see progression not a step backwards. And I know some people think "But going from 9 types to 3 isn't progression." but it actually can be if done right. If the master types have a wide selection of weapons, something akin to the old classes in PSO, then that would allow people to still have their own play styles despite there only being 3 master types. I'd honestly be suprised though if they did make the master classes like the old PSO classes but we'll be finding out pretty soon.

Astarin
Jan 17, 2008, 02:14 AM
Leahcim, you're forgetting that Master classes will most likely grant access to Photon Arts up to level 50.

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 03:23 AM
On 2008-01-16 23:14, Astarin wrote:
Leahcim, you're forgetting that Master classes will most likely grant access to Photon Arts up to level 50.

Says whom? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I can't talk though since I said what I've put up are just my ideas.

On 2008-01-16 23:07, physic wrote:
and for force, all they d gain is madoogs, which is not that big a deal really.

One other thing for Masterforce, that's lvl 40 Support Techs. With Forces, weapon selection isn't a big thing, PA caps on the 36 techs out there is.

And no, they are not just gimps of Forte-Classes.

They are classes that have Access to all S ranks and in the case of MF PA lvl of that type.

- Fortefighter can't use S rank Twin Dagger, Dagger, Slicer, Double Saber or Whips. Masterfighter would be able to.
- Fortgunner can't use S rank Bows, Cards, Twin Handguns, Crossbows or Mechguns. Gunmaster would.
- Fortecher Can't Use S rank Madoogs or Lvl 40 Support Techs. Masterforce would be able to.

The idea behind Forteclasses anyways was Power. Strengh, thus the name Forte. This is why Fortes only really bother with the strong weapons or PAs of their Type
- FF with Axes, Swords and Spears
- FG with Lasers, Shotguns and Launchers
- FT with Rods and lvl 40 Attack techs yet lower support techs

My idea with master classes is that they can do it all as their type. While Forteclasses focus on strength in a type, Master Classes would focus on ability in a type. The ability to do everything in that type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 00:36 ]</font>

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 03:47 AM
Edited the First post.

I changed the Stats so that the classes still have less ATP or TP than their Forte-type, but higher other things:

Here's what I think would be better:

Fighmaster:
- Higher HP than FF
- Less ATP than FF, more than FI
- More ATA than FI, more than FF
- More EVA than FF, less than AF
- Less DEF than FF, more than FI
- More MST than FF, less than WT
The Idea here is that while Fighmaster would be less of a brute, they would gain better general survivability and better ability to wield their weapons effectively (the ATA boost)

Gunmaster:
- Higher HP than FG
- Less ATP than FG, more than GT
- Less ATA than FG, more than GT
- More EVA than FG, less than GT
- More DEF than FG, less than FI
- More MST than FG, less than GT
- More STA than FG
The Idea here is that while Gunmaster would do less damage, they would gain in all other defensive stats making them better suited for fighting higher difficulty enemies

Masterforce:
- Great gain in HP over FT
- Less TP than FT, more than AT
- More EVA than FT
- Less DEF than FT
- More MST than FT
The Idea here is that Masterforce would loose some teching power and gain hp eva and mst to balance out the gain of support techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 00:58 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Jan 17, 2008, 05:25 AM
On 2008-01-17 00:23, Leahcim wrote:

On 2008-01-16 23:14, Astarin wrote:

Says whom? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I can't talk though since I said what I've put up are just my ideas.

On 2008-01-16 23:07, physic wrote:
and for force, all they d gain is madoogs, which is not that big a deal really.

One other thing for Masterforce, that's lvl 40 Support Techs. With Forces, weapon selection isn't a big thing, PA caps on the 36 techs out there is.

And no, they are not just gimps of Forte-Classes.

They are classes that have Access to all S ranks and in the case of MF PA lvl of that type.

- Fortefighter can't use S rank Twin Dagger, Dagger, Slicer, Double Saber or Whips. Masterfighter would be able to.
- Fortgunner can't use S rank Bows, Cards, Twin Handguns, Crossbows or Mechguns. Gunmaster would.
- Fortecher Can't Use S rank Madoogs or Lvl 40 Support Techs. Masterforce would be able to.

The idea behind Forteclasses anyways was Power. Strengh, thus the name Forte. This is why Fortes only really bother with the strong weapons or PAs of their Type
- FF with Axes, Swords and Spears
- FG with Lasers, Shotguns and Launchers
- FT with Rods and lvl 40 Attack techs yet lower support techs

My idea with master classes is that they can do it all as their type. While Forteclasses focus on strength in a type, Master Classes would focus on ability in a type. The ability to do everything in that type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 00:36 ]</font>

You know what, just leave it. If anything the Master Classes might come in the next Japan update. Plus, with these classes of yours that can only use S Rankss in there field makes it fail. More than anything I think they will revert to something like PSO more than anything else.

Reipard
Jan 17, 2008, 09:52 AM
Sorry Leahcim, but it just doesn't work like that. Unless the stat difference is significant, it's not going to offset the loss of options. GunMasters wouldn't bother using one-handed weapons because they have nothing to pair them with. MasterForces and FighMasters would be positively useless against every flying boss in the game.

desturel
Jan 17, 2008, 09:58 AM
Your masterforce fails hard. No ranged weapons on a force? In fact all of your "master classes fail". Mastergunner would be the only class that can solo and would be required in order to have a party at all in some missions. Dimma, Onma, and Maggahna would be almost impossible for any non mastergunner class. In fact it would require that all masterforces have noszonde or nosmegid. Not to mention that there are missions that cannot be completed without at least one ranged weapon.

Want to run 1up/firebreak/winter fest? Sorry, your team fails without master gunner, you can't get the samples/switches that are in trees. What to S-rank Her Secret Mission? Sorry you can't do that without a master gunner, you can't hit the targets in the water. Want to complete story missions? Oh snap, you need to switch to master gunner or you can't finish some of the story missions! Isn't that great?

There would be no balance at all in the game.

Thank you for wasting my time.

*edited to clarify how much your idea fails. Massive fail and epic fail do not even begin to cover it. No ranged weapons on non-mastegunner my ass.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-01-17 07:41 ]</font>

chaostroop3
Jan 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
i dont like it =/ it becouse you dont seem to have seen the info we already know about the master classes

thay willbe like step 3 in the class chain.like u need 10 force to be a fortetecher u will need more than that4 the master force u will need 20 fortetecher and 10 wartecher ,so you will defantly see a major increse in TP and eather a slightdecrease or increse in hp , tech classes are not ment to be durabule but to deal high damage as a stricker tanks.

same with stricking and guns u will need 20 forte and 10 hybrid

and thats where babys come from

sorry mykeyboards has a bad space key and the keys are jumbled 2gether

Ryoki
Jan 17, 2008, 01:09 PM
On 2008-01-16 22:03, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2008-01-16 21:55, Leahcim wrote:

tl;dr, but no, just no.

You sure do. =)

Envy? Skids?.....Reggie?

He's not any of those. Plus, Reggie and Skids would never say that kind of thing >.>

Leahcim
Jan 17, 2008, 01:13 PM
I just hate the idea of reverting to 3 classes. I play a Hybrid class so if the Master Classes were simply an upgrade from the current Expert Forte Classes then where the hell do Hybrids go? Or Protransers or Acros?

And where is it set in stone that the Master Classes are a higher tier anyways?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 10:14 ]</font>

LTrav2k
Jan 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
On 2008-01-17 06:58, desturel wrote:
Your masterforce fails hard. No ranged weapons on a force? In fact all of your "master classes fail". Mastergunner would be the only class that can solo and would be required in order to have a party at all in some missions. Dimma, Onma, and Maggahna would be almost impossible for any non mastergunner class. In fact it would require that all masterforces have noszonde or nosmegid. Not to mention that there are missions that cannot be completed without at least one ranged weapon.

Want to run 1up/firebreak/winter fest? Sorry, your team fails without master gunner, you can't get the samples/switches that are in trees. What to S-rank Her Secret Mission? Sorry you can't do that without a master gunner, you can't hit the targets in the water. Want to complete story missions? Oh snap, you need to switch to master gunner or you can't finish some of the story missions! Isn't that great?

There would be no balance at all in the game.

Thank you for wasting my time.

*edited to clarify how much your idea fails. Massive fail and epic fail do not even begin to cover it. No ranged weapons on non-mastegunner my ass.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-01-17 07:41 ]</font>

Ok, this explains a little better at the point I wanted to make. The class ideas that you have can't even be full time classes, so in order to progress in the story mode you would have to switch to something else. They would be the first class in the game which would not allow you to complete some areas just due to game mechanics (i.e. shooting switches).

Along with that, because of the stat reductions unless they had level 50 skills/bullets/technics respectively there would be no way to make up the damage... unless you just had all 50% weapons.

I think it would upset some players who like your ideas that they could not use the class for every mission. I'm not saying that in reference to difficulty, I'm saying in reference to they'd literally have to start over in order to finish... or unless someone else in their group is covering swtiches, they couldn't join a party.

A group of fortetechers could still hit switches because they have bows. A group of mastertechers under your idea would have to abandon mission =/

Reipard
Jan 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
I just hate the idea of reverting to 3 classes. I play a Hybrid class so if the Master Classes were simply an upgrade from the current Expert Forte Classes then where the hell do Hybrids go? Or Protransers or Acros?

I'm not exactly a gigantic fan of the idea of going down to 3 classes either, but there's really no place to FIT them among the Expert classes. They're either redundant and novelty or they make existing classes redundant/novelty. Without more specific traits and skills we're honestly as differentiated as we're gonna get in the Expert tier.

And where is it set in stone that the Master Classes are a higher tier anyways?

It's not, but that's the only place for them that honestly makes sense. And if they're open-ended enough it can still work fine since it leaves the playing style up to the player.

Ideally, the progression would be something like this:
Basic Class (Limited) > Expert Class (Specialize and Grow Towards a Playstyle) > Master Class (Optimize that Playstyle [since you put so much time into weapons/PAs] and get together just that combination of weapons you want)

But ultimately, we don't know what Sega's up to. We will have to see.

Rayokarna
Jan 17, 2008, 02:20 PM
These classes will either be a make or break sort of thing. Saying that, these classes will thin out who is left in PSU(Some people want to quit because of them). Even as a Protranser and Wartecher, I feel restricted in what I can use.

If in hope they make the current classes redundant, these will set us up for a much more challenging game. As was said in a pervious topic, the drops change ater lvl 150. I can see the game changing extreamly after that.

Saying that, these class may set us up for that(Imagine the stats of the Advance Class can't withstand difficulty unless lvl 20 ><). I hope they make the advance obsolete. I will be truly able to play my own fighting style.

Edited the whole post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-01-17 11:38 ]</font>

majan
Jan 17, 2008, 02:29 PM
I wish theyd throw us a fuckin bone and release just a drop of info on this topic so that wed stop making all of this speculation because all it really does is cause arguments.

elshaw27
Jan 17, 2008, 02:33 PM
They dont seem to be different enough from forte classes... sounds like a bunch of crap. Ya i understand that techers and rangers can use a few melee stuff but not enough to make an entirly new class.

panzer_unit
Jan 17, 2008, 03:03 PM
The more ideas I see about master classes, the worse they get.

Not surprising... considering that all the ideas are all coming from people who sound like they hate the thought of going down to a choice of just 3 jobs (regardless of how varied or powerful the jobs are) and/or "their" job not being best at whatever it is that it does.

Ken_Silver
Jan 17, 2008, 07:16 PM
*I lol here at another thread. I do appreciate these threads as this is what threads are for. I just find it funny that the same kind of thread is still around even after a take a few days off from the PSOW forums. So I lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *

As for my opinion, I'd give SEGA *but not Sonic Team* the benefit of the doubt. Why release 3 or 4 classes that would make the other classes obsolete? It doesn't make sense. I mean a Master Fighter that could heal, use powerful guns and cast strong technics? Why call him master fighter and not just master Jedi? Or just Master? Give the creators some credit. I'm sure some sort of limitation will come. Whether it is making them hard to obtain, lowering their stats/weapon selection/some other sort of penalty, not everyone will switch to these classes. Besides, in the heat of battle, a team is a team. And solo people will be solo people. I wouldn't loose any sleep over the issue, but I do enjoy the speculation about it. And I approve of the TC's idea. It may make the classes less desirable, but then people will stick to what they know. Keeping things "balanced" (Sure folks, thing are perfectly balanced now. Better? Yes. Perfect? Uhh....) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And for a tidbit of lasting advice: Don't read too much into the names. I mean MasterFighter doesn't mean "Master-of-melee-and-all-other-melee-classes-phail Fighter" Does Wartecher mean we are masters of War? Of course not. There is no war. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Plus Wartecher could imply "pull-out-your-rifle-and-start-sniping-like-Solid-Snake" or get-the-grenade-launcher-and-raise-some-heck" since guns are used in war, but Wartechers can't use any of those items. So give it food for thought: Just what's in a name? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shishi-O
Jan 17, 2008, 07:52 PM
On 2008-01-16 22:44, Zael wrote:

the same reason most people stay away from mother brain;

1) it not that it is too long so much as we aren't strong enough to pull a sub 10 min run

2) it has arguably the best drops in the game, i love the castest line and catilium, but i won't run it.

3) the AI is stronger, they do have behaviors, they do attack and box u in.

4) what do u think the s2/ omega will bring? more hp, and atp, but dumber and slower? hells no.

look once again, i reiterate the game was gimped because people kept bitching they were getting raped in all the guardians colony s2 missions, i used to run for it when i saw go vahra.

the game enemies were slowed and they were dumbed down.

the master classes are very necessary, as strong as we are now,...we would still be hard pressed against the old missions, in the future we will get back to the old speed and a higher order of AI.

u sure u wanna forte/ hybrid or do u wanna have the exactly customized to ur specification master class with bonus to playstyle stats?

Reipard
Jan 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah they most likely will. A level 50 character can easily solo a mission with level 100 enemies.

I want what you're smoking.

You haven't been level 50 and soloing level 100s ever. Seriously. Go solo Winter Event S right when you meet the req (60) and see how freaking easy YOU have it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-01-17 17:08 ]</font>

_K1_
Jan 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
Your MasterForce seems to be something like this:
1. Start with Fortetecher
2. Remove all their non-Tech weapons (ie, half of their S ranks)
3. Then gimp their only remaining offesive stat (TP)
4. Give them S ranks in a weak weapon (madoogs) which will work poorly with low TP
5. Add level forty support - with the added bonus that unlike other techers, they themselves can't make use of half of their buffs and two-thirds of their debuffs.

I don't see who this would appeal to. Fortetechers who are concerned that they do too much damage?

Leahcim
Jan 18, 2008, 12:16 AM
K1, when I said decrease, I meant not by much.
Like, the difference between Figunner ATP and Acrofighter ATP.

Oh also, Card, bow and Whip damage as a Fortecher is useless anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 21:17 ]</font>

Proff
Jan 18, 2008, 12:41 AM
What about Acromaster? I'm thinking that master classes will just be a lot like forte classes with access to level 50 PA's.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 18, 2008, 01:08 AM
On 2008-01-17 17:08, Reipard wrote:

Yeah they most likely will. A level 50 character can easily solo a mission with level 100 enemies.

I want what you're smoking.

You haven't been level 50 and soloing level 100s ever. Seriously. Go solo Winter Event S right when you meet the req (60) and see how freaking easy YOU have it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-01-17 17:08 ]</font>
Agreed. A level 50 soloing level 100 creatures with ease is all in your mind. Maybe its just been too long since you were level 50. But they will own you.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 18, 2008, 01:20 AM
On 2008-01-17 21:16, Leahcim wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-17 21:17 ]</font>

You've never played FT, have you? Bow's are one of the FT's strongest weapons.

Leahcim
Jan 18, 2008, 01:49 AM
On 2008-01-17 22:20, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Yes I have.
Bows Are useless for Newman Fortetechers in comparison their tech damage.

Rayokarna
Jan 18, 2008, 01:54 AM
On 2008-01-17 22:49, Leahcim wrote:

Yes I have.

*facepalm*

Its used for more utility than direct damage. I sware FTs have lvl 30 bullets.

Proff
Jan 18, 2008, 01:56 AM

Yes I have.

Not easy to tech fliers or Dimma. Bows are a MUST for most FT, especially if you solo.

SolRiver
Jan 18, 2008, 02:37 AM
There is one major flaw to the speculation.

ST's balance are jacked up and weird.

If you don't start with that, you will never guess right.

Africa
Jan 18, 2008, 03:44 AM
your class speculation, summation or whatever you wanna call it is just bad. it's a lot worse than the broken and laughable ones we have now. 2. techers not needing bows is absurd you obviously didn't tap the full potential of being any type of techer if you believe this. cards are great on techers and whips as long as your not a fortetecher.your class speculations or ideas are horribly skewed and we should all hope that the actual masterclasses are not as broken and useless as yours are.

Leahcim
Jan 18, 2008, 05:17 AM
I'd rather have the Master Classes being Useless and Broken, then the other 9 classes being useless in comparison to 3 over powered master classes.

and no, the master classes I proposed would not be useless. You guys need to stop dreaming for an overpowered Master Class that brakes the game making it easier than it already is.

Shishi-O
Jan 18, 2008, 05:32 AM
On 2008-01-18 02:17, Leahcim wrote:
I'd rather have the Master Classes being Useless and Broken, then the other 9 classes being useless in comparison to 3 over powered master classes.

and no, the master classes I proposed would not be useless. You guys need to stop dreaming for an overpowered Master Class that brakes the game making it easier than it already is.

i can see u kicking and screaming when the overpowered master classes are released.

Gen2000
Jan 18, 2008, 07:04 AM
On 2008-01-16 21:43, Leahcim wrote
No class should be able to kill Everything. Thats why certain enemies are resistant to melee, or range or tech.

Fortegunner, Acrofighter, and even Fighgunner saids hi.

The only resistance that actually matters is tech resistance and that's mainly for FT since they have no real good alternate damaging option compared to other classes.

Reipard
Jan 18, 2008, 08:38 AM

To be quite honest, and I mean no offense by this, I'd rather not have them at all over have your versions.

And stop exaggerating PSU's difficulty. It's gone on far too long enough without people getting called on it >_<

desturel
Jan 18, 2008, 09:16 AM
Yes I have.

Why do you continue with your nonsense. The bow is essential to being able to solo as a fortetecher. Cards cannont hit Onmagoug's wings consistently. Noszonde takes too long to cast and hit. Handgun? I don't need to talk about it. The bow is a powerful weapon for a reason.

Just because you are a failure as a fortetecher, do not blame others for your shortcomings.

Let me put this another way, there is no way that Sonic team will make a new gimp class that cannot do story missions. Why is that so hard for you to understand. If you cannot complete the story missions, then the class is useless. Your "masterclasses" are useless that cannot even complete the game.

Even worse, you don't give these new master classes handgun and saber. Maybe you don't understand this, but EVERY class has handgun and saber. Because of this EVERY class will have at least level 1 striking and level 1 bullets. There has never been a class that has had less than level 10 bullets. Even fortetechers received level 10 striking as of the expansion. Sonic Team is not going to make a new class that will not have at least level 10 striking and level 10 bullets.

Your ability to cover your ears, close your eyes and scream at the top of your lungs so that you don't hear anything anyone else is saying is amazing. Your ability to ignore the fact that the sun is in the sky is even more astounding. Please don't try to spread this type of ignorance. It hurts your credibility for any future discussions and only serves to confuse people who are just coming into the game.

Leahcim
Jan 18, 2008, 09:20 AM
Shushi, there's life outside video games and this forum you know? If things go down hill I'll just continue how I live mine, Partying ever weekend in the dorms and enjoying a girl or two's boobscompany.

And I'd honestly rather not have them at all either.

And Psu is an easy game, Just Attack and scape dolls say it all.

panzer_unit
Jan 18, 2008, 10:16 AM
On 2008-01-18 06:20, Leahcim wrote:
Shushi, there's life outside video games and this forum you know? If things go down hill I'll just continue how I live mine, Partying ever weekend in the dorms and enjoying a girl or two's boobscompany.

OH! The "I win at RL" defense!

It's always funny because anyone who partied like that would have way better things to do than losing and losing in some nerdy messageboard thread.

EDIT: offline Hunter, Ranger, and Force. Master classes are gonna look a lot like those.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-01-18 07:16 ]</font>

Leahcim
Jan 18, 2008, 01:12 PM
Time Management Skills FTW =D

Its what you gain out of Dorm life =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-18 10:14 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
On 2008-01-18 10:12, Leahcim wrote:
Time Management Skills FTW =D
Its what you gain out of Dorm life =)I dunno, I got an education when I dormed.

Leahcim
Jan 18, 2008, 02:56 PM
Dorm =/= education
Lectures, Seminars, Labs, text books = Eduction.

Though, here in the dorms you learn to live I guess and what you like to do. I've managed to get 4 people to start drinking and coming out to party since september. But one of them is now on the verge of becoming an alcoholic so I'm worried for her =/

Rayokarna
Jan 18, 2008, 03:05 PM
Sorry Leahcim, your theory fails dude.

Im gonna be really happy if there the same as the offline classes and the back of the people who quit over when they log into PSU for the last time.

Reipard
Jan 18, 2008, 03:28 PM
Can we not flaunt our apparent superiority because we live in a college dorm during the college years like around 80% of the American population?

And on, Scapes and JA don't say it all. They say nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-01-18 12:36 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Jan 18, 2008, 10:13 PM
On 2008-01-18 11:56, Leahcim wrote:
I've managed to get 4 people to start drinking and coming out to party since september. But one of them is now on the verge of becoming an alcoholic so I'm worried for her =/

Is that something to brag about? Once you have that monkey on your back its hard to shake off:/

Oniko
Jan 18, 2008, 11:04 PM
On 2008-01-17 16:52, Shishi-O wrote:
the same reason most people stay away from mother brain;

1) it not that it is too long so much as we aren't strong enough to pull a sub 10 min run

2) it has arguably the best drops in the game, i love the castest line and catilium, but i won't run it.

3) the AI is stronger, they do have behaviors, they do attack and box u in.

4) what do u think the s2/ omega will bring? more hp, and atp, but dumber and slower? hells no.

look once again, i reiterate the game was gimped because people kept bitching they were getting raped in all the guardians colony s2 missions, i used to run for it when i saw go vahra.

the game enemies were slowed and they were dumbed down.

the master classes are very necessary, as strong as we are now,...we would still be hard pressed against the old missions, in the future we will get back to the old speed and a higher order of AI.

u sure u wanna forte/ hybrid or do u wanna have the exactly customized to ur specification master class with bonus to playstyle stats?

Is that actually true? People stopped doing Mother Brain cause it was "hard?" That's kinda sad. That mission was rather easy to duo with a friend and a pair of NPC's, more annoying than anything was my obsession with reapplying buffs after each debuff. The AI was hardly smart, the sendilen clones just dashed more often, they didn't intentional shove you into a corner, there just happened to be a corner behind you. It's hardly a trained "box you in" behavior, it's a lucky shot on their part, no different from the casts backing up when you approach, you can easily use it to box them in, they don't know where corners are.

I really don't care about the challenge, but you can hardly say this game is hard in any way, shape, or form.

If I were to argue anything against Master Classes getting everything, it would be that it isn't really customization. It's giving you a lack of restriction. If you get the stats, and weapon selection, what's the use of a group? I dunno about you, but I think it's kinda silly to have 20 weapon options and only use 3. I'd be using all 20, and thus, would probably have way to many options for way to many situations. So you, and everyone else who I don't want to chat with, would just be in the way of me and shiny drops. So I give this idea credit for trying to balance them into the current system, I like that.

Granted, they could always give you points to spend in the Master's respective areas to select weapons and skill caps up to a certain amount if they truly wanted customization. Keep the limitations, give you what you want, and then you'd have more than 9 classes with ease, just 3 names. In the end, who knows, its not out yet, why do we keep speculating so much? Even if you come up with the greatest idea ever, it wont change the result. >.>

In other news, cookies for everyone to lighten the mood!

Rainu
Jan 19, 2008, 04:56 AM
Still wondering where the level 50 PA caps are in these "master"classes. I sincerely doubt they'll augment the current expert classes to be better than the masters...

Leahcim
Jan 19, 2008, 06:53 AM
On 2008-01-18 12:28, Reipard wrote:
Can we not flaunt our apparent superiority because we live in a college dorm during the college years like around 80% of the American population?

And on, Scapes and JA don't say it all. They say nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-01-18 12:36 ]</font>

1) Not American
2) University not College