PDA

View Full Version : Newman (or Neudaiz) Knights announced

EspioKaos
Jan 17, 2008, 09:29 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_newmanknights.php

After blasting our beasts last year to start off the recurring race appreciation days, our next one has finally been announced. Newman Knights (or Neudaiz Knights, according to the logo) will be held on January 24th.

VanHalen
Jan 17, 2008, 09:33 PM
I'm bringing the NAANP with me!

pikachief
Jan 17, 2008, 09:33 PM
lol yay they got their appreciation day during an event so no one can appreciate newmans! GO SEGA! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

chaostroop3
Jan 17, 2008, 09:34 PM
so what happens on this day?

pikachief
Jan 17, 2008, 09:35 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:34, chaostroop3 wrote:

nothing

GO HUMAN TECHERS!

Ezodagrom
Jan 17, 2008, 09:36 PM
newmans are great D:
go hunter newmans then XD

landman
Jan 17, 2008, 09:37 PM
MAG announced this day by some particular GM? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pikachief
Jan 17, 2008, 09:37 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:36, Ezodagrom wrote:
newmans are great D:

yea idk about newmentechers, they'll suck nomatter wat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lol sorry i just dont like newmans they seem pointless to me >.<

Apone
Jan 17, 2008, 09:38 PM
Soo...I wonder what happens during these times?

Zorafim
Jan 17, 2008, 09:40 PM
Newman... Knights...? Does Sega have any idea what a newman is? Even with PSU newmans, that's just a ridiculous title.

Bah, I'm going to blast my beast to relax...

pikachief
On 2008-01-17 18:38, Apone wrote:

GMs looking like NPCs come in and talk to u.

I will then ask them if we are gonna get teh MAG event in 2 months or less than that.

seph_monkey
newmans are hip >.>

Ezodagrom
On 2008-01-17 18:38, Apone wrote:

GM appear as npcs and give presents to random newmans (on beast bonfire they appeared as Leo and Tonnio, and gave presents to random beasts)

joluh
Jan 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:37, pikachief wrote:

newmans are great D:

yea idk about newmentechers, they'll suck nomatter wat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

We have prettier ears than beasts, you gotta admit that. It has always bothered me how "normal" beasts (normal as in every non main NPC beast, meaning all of us) have different ears, Tonnio, Leo and Laia have these funny/cute devil-ish ears, while all we get to choose is some ugly weird looking ears );

That's the only reason why I do not have a beast, it bothers me that much >_<

Apone
Jan 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
Well I guess thats cool but I wouldnt really want to go out of my way. Im sure it'll be crowded.

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2008, 09:44 PM
Not as lulzy as "Blasting your Beasts" or using their corpses as the tinder for their "Beast Bonfire" - but it should be equally lame. A few things though...

After the death of Lord Doghi and the Divine Maiden, Lord Rutsu and the Maiden's twin sister Karen Erra took over the leadership of the Communion of Gurhal; restoring peace and faith for the good people of Ohtoku City

When did Doghi Mikuna die? The last you see or hear of him he's being hauled off by Communion goons. Did he die in prison? Commit suicide Darum style? (likely, since the Mirei death scene was several PSII references combined) Or did Rutzu finally grow a pair and have Communion execute him?

Also, why would the Communion sponsor an event with the explanation that the Divine Maiden is dead and Karen took her station? Nobody outside of the upper eschelon of the Communion, and a few select Guardians, know that it's Karen or that the Maiden is dead.

Yeah, it's just some wording for some minor insignificant event - but damn, a little consistency with your own game's storyline guys.

pikachief
Jan 17, 2008, 09:44 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:42, joluh wrote:

newmans are great D:

We have prettier ears than beasts, you gotta admit that. It has always bothered me how "normal" beasts (normal as in every non main NPC beast, meaning all of us) have different ears, Tonnio, Leo and Laia have these funny/cute devil-ish ears, while all we get to choose is some ugly weird looking ears );

well i think the NPC beast ears are ugly, and newman ears are freaky nd i think my beast ears are cute D:

-Tidus_415-
Jan 17, 2008, 09:47 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:44, pikachief wrote:

newmans are great D:

well i think the NPC beast ears are ugly, and newman ears are freaky nd i think my beast ears are cute D:

Freaky ears? No. Have you taken a look at a beasts Nose. Now thats freaky. But then again so is their whole face lawl.

pikachief
Jan 17, 2008, 09:48 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:43, Apone wrote:
Well I guess thats cool but I wouldnt really want to go out of my way. Im sure it'll be crowded.

it probably wont be that crowded. Im just gonna enter, ask if the MAG event is soon, then wait for an actual response, and leave

landman
Jan 17, 2008, 09:51 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:44, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Not as lulzy as "Blasting your Beasts" or using their corpses as the tinder for their "Beast Bonfire" - but it should be equally lame. A few things though...

After the death of Lord Doghi and the Divine Maiden, Lord Rutsu and the Maiden's twin sister Karen Erra took over the leadership of the Communion of Gurhal; restoring peace and faith for the good people of Ohtoku City

When did Doghi Mikuna die? The last you see or hear of him he's being hauled off by Communion goons. Did he die in prison? Commit suicide Darum style? (likely, since the Mirei death scene was several PSII references combined) Or did Rutzu finally grow a pair and have Communion execute him?

Also, why would the Communion sponsor an event with the explanation that the Divine Maiden is dead and Karen took her station? Nobody outside of the upper eschelon of the Communion, and a few select Guardians, know that it's Karen or that the Maiden is dead.

Yeah, it's just some wording for some minor insignificant event - but damn, a little consistency with your own game's storyline guys.

Don't you remember? we all are Laia's apprentices, we know the truth <.<

seph_monkey
Jan 17, 2008, 09:53 PM
oh cmon itll be aw----------some, and if i remmeber correctly Doghi Mikuna is the deghana lol in the story mode he turns into that to beat the stuffing outa ethan and friends, so basically were killing him over and over in some kinda very painful explosion thing i dunno

i appreciate all races tyvm >_>

Ezodagrom
Jan 17, 2008, 09:53 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:48, pikachief wrote:

it probably wont be that crowded. Im just gonna enter, ask if the MAG event is soon, then wait for an actual response, and leave

instead of an answer they will say "may the holy light be with you" (like in the beast thingy was "rawr" and "I blast myself everyday" xD)

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2008, 09:54 PM
?

No, it's never revealed. Yeah, we as PLAYERS know it - but nobody ever mentions it in the game. Not Ethan, not the Maiden, and not Laia. Laia does know there is a connection between Ethan and the Maiden, and that the Maiden and Rutzu are at odds over how the Communion is run - but your character isn't "supposed" to know Karen is the Maiden.

Doghi Mikuna is the deghana lol in the story mode he turns into that to beat the stuffing outa ethan and friends, so basically were killing him over and over in some kinda very painful explosion thing i dunno

After it blows up, he falls out, laments his act, then is carried off by the Communion servants. He doesn't actually die, and it never says he dies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-17 18:56 ]</font>

seph_monkey
Jan 17, 2008, 09:57 PM
no remmeber when the maiden (karen) walks up to ethan and then she turns back into karen style, and ethan is like wtf... or something like that i dunno i could have been asleep i tend to make my own story at times >.>

seph_monkey
Jan 17, 2008, 09:59 PM
o dam wat kinda person brings out a giant robot blows up and then says sorry, cause i wanna party with that guy

any how... im always up for some kinda small shindig and come on newman are cool >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-17 19:01 ]</font>

joluh
Jan 17, 2008, 10:00 PM
Sinue.- Yes but, only Ethan and friends saw him being carried away, so he "disappeared", so maybe for the rest of the world (our characters), Doghi Mikuna died, maybe that's what they were told?.

Kitty.- Newman ears are pure win, beast ears are gross, the long ones look like Newman ears in rotten stage, the short ones shown in your signature, look like sea-man ears but worse looking, the drop and cone ears are ok I suppose, I kinda like the cone ears, but only females have them.

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
She's just saying that she's taking on Mirei's appearance and position. She's giving up herself to be someone else for the sake of the Communion's followers. And to say her "final" goodbye. She doesn't mention Dohgi.

Sinue.- Yes but, only Ethan and friends saw him being carried away, so he "disappeared", so maybe for the rest of the world (our characters), Doghi Mikuna died, maybe that's what they were told?.

Perhaps, but that's still a plothole since it relies on the player to make their own explanations to fill the gap. And why keep that fact a secret - when they let out the bigger secret out that they tried so hard in the game to keep - that Mirei is dead and that the Maiden is really Karen?

Also, wouldn't that be considered spoilers that ST is giving out?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-17 19:05 ]</font>

seph_monkey
Jan 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
o nvm i was talking about how you said why are they sponsering the fact that the maiden died and karen took her place but you said that a few people know thats the part i didnt read, few people could be ethan.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 17, 2008, 10:05 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:44, pikachief wrote:

newmans are great D:

I think Newmans have more of a purpose than toasters who are mostly good for making toast, storing food, washing dishes, and doing our laundry, and drying them too.

Female Newmans in particular are the greatest thing for many Male Humans, Beasts, and Newmans who want some hot Newman ass.

As for stats, I think Newmans are more like Mithras. They're well-rounded and can do any job like Humans can, but they're faster, more agile, and higher magic stuff while the Humans are stronger physically but less magical.

joluh
Jan 17, 2008, 10:07 PM
Sinue_v2.- Maybe this whole situation will end up like the comment of Sue, I mean, it is ST we're talking about anyway.

Shiroryuu.- I second that, on the last paragraph.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2008-01-17 19:08 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2008, 10:10 PM
That and Newmen are traditional staples of Phantasy Star while beasts are just a newcomer spin-off race invented because ST doesn't believe in having Aliens in the Sci-Fi space adventures.

http://ultema.net/phantasy/prew.gif

joluh
Jan 17, 2008, 10:14 PM
Rofl, you know what would've been nice?, if they gave some sort of boosts to any Race/Sex/Type combination that turned out like a PSO character, and if not boost, at least something like, giving any Human Female Ranger based type, being able to use handguns like RAmarls did, or give Newman Female Hunter based type some speed boost, and so on.

I really do miss the extra damage FOnewms had on Gitechs, just like FOnewearls had it on Simple techs.

But yeah I'm going a bit off topic, bottom line: Newmans ftw.

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2008, 10:18 PM
Eh, I still think a simple speed boost to casting and melee would have worked out nicely.

But otherwise, I wonder what they plan to "Give out" as prizes in the event.

seph_monkey
Jan 17, 2008, 10:20 PM
maybe they'll give out dizas and rentis >.> shhh go with it

Indica
Jan 17, 2008, 10:22 PM
The GM will be handing out random Psycho Wands to any Newman type force who are LV75+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Complex_Jao
Jan 17, 2008, 10:29 PM
gib me HUMAN DAY!!!!!!!!

Jainsea
Jan 17, 2008, 10:38 PM
Ahh neat:) my newman will be there! ! but wait!!no catchy phrase for this event like the beast bonfire?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif No "You barta be there"! or
"1,2,3,Foie! Newman Time!" For shame Sega..for shame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

seph_monkey
Jan 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
hahahah that be awsome, o man gewd one

joluh
Jan 17, 2008, 10:42 PM
"You barta be there", good one, made me giggle 3:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2008-01-17 19:43 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jan 17, 2008, 10:52 PM
I usually don't make public appearances and only ANA and Nova have ever went to gatherings here. I guess I'll bring my elfness over there when the day comes. I don't want any pics though.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 17, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hell yeah, Elves ftw!

Laranas
Jan 17, 2008, 11:14 PM
On 2008-01-17 19:05, Shiroryuu wrote:
Female Newmans in particular are the greatest thing for many Male Humans, Beasts, and Newmans who want some hot Newman ass.
None of my characters (short of my Newearl) would touch a Newearl with a 12-foot pole. Human chicks' mind games are bad enough already.

chaostroop3
Jan 17, 2008, 11:24 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:35, pikachief wrote:

nothing

GO HUMAN TECHERS!

aggreed

Anduril
Jan 17, 2008, 11:28 PM
I'm gonna go and whine about how I didn't not get no nothing 11* S ranks weapons from the Winter Event, and How ST is a bunch of jerks for promising newmans summons at level 60 and the ability to control monsters!

But, yeah, I might stop by and strike up light conversation with people like I did at the Beast Bonfire.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 17, 2008, 11:46 PM
I know they're trying to maintain a "first letter similarity" thing here like with Beast Bonfire, but Newman kNights?! Are we gonna gather at some desert palace, sit on floating carpets and listen to stories like Newmali Baba and the 40 Newman Thieves or Newmaladdin and the Photon Lamp or something?

unicorn
Jan 17, 2008, 11:47 PM
The title is a contradiction.

Theres no such thing as a Newman Knight.

_K1_
Jan 17, 2008, 11:53 PM
On 2008-01-17 20:46, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I know they're trying to maintain a "first letter similarity" thing here like with Beast Bonfire, but Newman kNights?! Are we gonna gather at some desert palace, sit on floating carpets and listen to stories like Newmali Baba and the 40 Newman Thieves or Newmaladdin and the Photon Lamp or something?
We fly around Nightopia and collect Ideya. Newmans will get their racial special power of looping around enemies to destroy them.

Freeze
Jan 18, 2008, 01:05 AM
On 2008-01-17 20:53, _K1_ wrote:

We fly around Nightopia and collect Ideya. Newmans will get their racial special power of looping around enemies to destroy them.

Awesome, finally a usefull power, can't wait. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freeze on 2008-01-17 22:06 ]</font>

RedMussel
Jan 18, 2008, 01:33 AM

Not realluy, most other people will be doing FEASTA

Johan_Bryant
Jan 18, 2008, 01:52 AM
*reads the event* ....Bloody stupid. Nothing against the concept of meet and greet of the newmans through Gurhal's religion, but the premise is stupid.

I agree with Sinue questioning the logic, as Doghi -WAS- hauled off and ... well, you know, telling the people that Mirei -DIED- wouldn't make sense.

...Newman Knights? Seriously.

A nice revisement would be cool for consistancy sakes? Like, I don't know. How would you suggest for them to change it?

Me?

Title: Communion Gathering

Premise: This is the yearly events where the residence of Neudaiz following the CoG faith come together to discuss amongst themselves with the Photon Master Rutsu and the special appearance of the Divine Maiden herself, and witness the base forms of photon making its presence for all to see.

[And perhaps redecorate Neudaiz's outside area to be fitting of a party, or have photon energy fluttering all over the place to commemorate such an event.]

Mind, while the idea is geared towards newmans, others that follow the faith could be welcomed, since there ARE some non-newmans that joined(like the CAST bodyguard).

GoldRidley
Jan 18, 2008, 01:54 AM
Finally! Now's my chance to settle that stupid Musk Cat debate once and for all - by asking a Newman directly. "Sir, are you genetically modified human spliced with Musk Cat DNA? My insane friend says that..."

If I don't get a satisfactory answer I'm going to start spamming anti-newman rhetoric, blaming the CoG from everything from the seed to Dark Falz reskins.

And I'll probably be right, too.

Sinue_v2
Jan 18, 2008, 02:03 AM
The simple test would be to feed a Laerma nut to a Numan and see if they sprout little angel wings.

Where in the hell you'd find a Laerma nut in Gurhal is beyond me.

Sychosis
Jan 18, 2008, 02:06 AM
On 2008-01-17 23:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:

From a dimensional rift in a RELICS site, of course.

Para
Jan 18, 2008, 02:12 AM
Let's not start the BAAWing again over this shit. Its already explained that even Japan have these kinds of events and SOA is just doing their part to provide a similar experience for us on this side of the world. End of story.

Rayokarna
Jan 18, 2008, 02:19 AM
ok, where the hell is it?

mvffin
Jan 18, 2008, 02:28 AM
cool. maybe i'll bring my black asian neuman. = P

MSAksion
Jan 18, 2008, 04:01 AM
*Looks at the scheduled times...

...Oh great i'll be at work. Well there goes another "blasted" useless event.

...NOW if the Sega GMS were giving out that soniichi madoog or something i'd have to call in sick to skip work of course ...

Neith
Jan 18, 2008, 04:08 AM
For Newman Knights eh?

No Techers allowed, sorry. I'll bring the aF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kleptomexican
Jan 18, 2008, 04:48 AM
while waiting for the 360 severs to come back up I saw the "event" Is this Newman Knights the same thing as the beast bonfire? btw was anything give out at the bonfire?

RedMussel
Jan 18, 2008, 04:56 AM
I got an Easter Egg room deco room Tonnio at the bonfire....

Gen2000
Jan 18, 2008, 06:46 AM
I got a Vanda Deco and 30-ish % light 6* Knuckles from Leo and Tonnio.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
Well, my newman is a forte- fighter/gunner, fighgunner, protranser, so I suppose Knights makes sense in my case. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Teching eww!

Lineek
Jan 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
YEAH Beast power hitting FTW

when they hit XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 18, 2008, 08:04 AM
On 2008-01-17 18:35, pikachief wrote:

nothing

GO HUMAN ANYTHING!

Fixed, since they're equally awesome at everything. But yeah, Newmans rule too, dunno which Newman to bring though, my WT or my FI?

Angelo
Jan 18, 2008, 08:43 AM

That sounds more like something we'd do on Moatoob.

AC9breaker
Jan 18, 2008, 10:15 AM
Excellent.
http://www.unc.edu/~hymas/images/newman.jpg

and on a somewhat related note. wtf @ google image search for newmen

CelestialBlade
Jan 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-01-18 07:15, AC9breaker wrote:
Excellent.
http://www.unc.edu/~hymas/images/newman.jpg

and on a somewhat related note. wtf @ google image search for newmen

Oh my god. Why hasn't this joke been done yet XD!

MrNomad
Jan 18, 2008, 03:42 PM
Ahh, another pointless event for crappy sub humans ;P I'm sure there will be thrice the spammage as we've seen in the winter event and pedophilia all around, with at least one or two people who decide to pop out of no where and complain about nothing (Why do they bother coming anyway?) Of course, if it's like that dumb beast bonfire it's just a heads up for some big event soooo, yah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GoldRidley
Jan 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-01-17 23:06, Sychosis wrote:

On 2008-01-17 23:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:

From a dimensional rift in a RELICS site, of course.

Hahahaah. Yes, yes, YES!
God, this brings back horrible memories. The first time I beat Lassic, Alis was the only one who pulled through alive. With 1 mp. And I was too stupid to purchase transers. I had no idea I needed that stupid cat to leave. After wandering dejectedly around his stupid old folks' home for half an hour, I mashed the cart to bits with a crowbar (quite an expensive act of passion, and you'll no doubt remember why that would be) and gave up on the series for two years*.

*in actuality I just played through it again, but the raging retard fury makes for a better story.

Kylie
Jan 18, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yay? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I guess it's something to do.

Zorafim
Jan 18, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-01-18 13:19, GoldRidley wrote:
[The first time I beat Lassic, Alis was the only one who pulled through alive. With 1 mp.

My Alis ended up with 0 mp, exactly. Luckily, I was playing on the GBA version, and had a gameshark handy.

You can exit with Myau?

Ryoki
Jan 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
I eat newmans.
The smaller ones aren't as tasty, unfortunately.

Miyoko
Jan 18, 2008, 11:40 PM
On 2008-01-18 10:35, Typheros wrote:

Oh my god. Why hasn't this joke been done yet XD!

It has. >_> A looong time ago, in ages past.

I think it was like, just during the launch of PSU, someone asked what everyones favourite class was, and someone just posted that picture.

kingwok
Jan 19, 2008, 12:12 AM
On 2008-01-17 23:19, Rayokarna wrote:
ok, where the hell is it?

Helly
Jan 19, 2008, 01:47 AM
Well since they said this would be a series of events I was wondering when another would finally take place. Seems like the Newman holiday season would be a better time for this to take place but thats pretty far off since it was like in August? It'll be fun ta see GMs running around again! I got a newman but he's only L5 and only has two sabers and no skills and kinda sucks~maybe they'll help lowbies level up in a Protectors mission too?

Ryudo
Jan 19, 2008, 08:37 AM
Here's hoping they give something nice to us few, proud, melee newman fighters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GoldRidley
Jan 19, 2008, 01:08 PM
You can exit with Myau?

Wait. You can exit WITHOUT Myau? I thought Myau being alive to feed a laerma nut was a requirement...! How do you get out otherwise?

Zorafim
Jan 19, 2008, 01:29 PM
You can use a telepipe to get out of there, as well as Alis' teleport spell. It takes you back to the last town you saved in.

Laya
Jan 19, 2008, 02:43 PM
Interesting, a Newman appreciation day... to be honest though, I am a tiny bit surprised at how low the population of Newmans seems to be and also the attitude towards Newmans regarding their capability for various class types that has been expressed in this thread. I hope to be able to get online during this event at any rate.

Sinue_v2
Jan 19, 2008, 04:20 PM
On 2008-01-19 10:29, Zorafim wrote:
You can use a telepipe to get out of there, as well as Alis' teleport spell. It takes you back to the last town you saved in.

Wasn't the Telepipe called "Magic Flute" in PSI? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I guess it's all the same thing. A lot of people don't realize that "Pipe" has nothing at all to do with describing the telportation process. They're ocarinas. Musical instruments.

Also, Alis's Teleport spell is a blessing and a curse. It can save your butt in situations like Lassic's castle if Myau is dead - but on the other hand, if you last saved on Palma then take the Luveno to Dezolis and try to cast the spell. Whoops. Game Over.

seph_monkey
Jan 20, 2008, 01:33 AM
i always hoped they brought back ryukure (or how ever it was spelled). it could just be a spell that basicaly works as the crystal cept you can cast it to your location, that save walking time. >_>

EspioKaos
Jan 20, 2008, 01:38 AM
So, the little emblem logo thing that SEGA made for this event, didn't it originally have Dohgi in the background? Not that it really matters, but I just noticed that Rutsu is there now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 20, 2008, 01:41 AM
Well, I guess Rutsu's a better representative of the Newman race than Dohgi. He's way more awesome.

zandra117
Jan 20, 2008, 03:30 AM
So... What lobby are we supposed to gather at? I think they failed to mention that.

SabZero
Jan 20, 2008, 05:15 AM
It says "all over Gurhal". -_-

seph_monkey
Jan 20, 2008, 10:14 AM
that is pretty suspicious that they changed the logo lol

EspioKaos
Jan 20, 2008, 11:12 AM
They'll probably do those server-wide announcements to say where they'll be meeting. At least it'll be easy to get wherever now that we have the lobby transport system. On the day of the Beast Bonfire, I had camped myself at Vio Tonga the night before so I wouldn't have to go through all of the missions again to get there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SabZero
Jan 20, 2008, 12:03 PM
Btw, for europeans like myself, here are the times in GMT

19:00 - 19:45
22:00 - 22:45
00:15 - 01:00

SStrikerR
Jan 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
I have 2 newmans =D

Ken_Silver
Jan 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
lol, Neudaiz Knights? Sounds like a Basketball team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryoki
Jan 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
This is moronic, Rutsu is evil. Why is he representing newmans? He's clearly hiding things in the later story missions.

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:09, Ryoki wrote:
This is moronic, Rutsu is evil. Why is he representing newmans? He's clearly hiding things in the later story missions.He wasn't hiding much, actually. He just didn't want to present his imhumane (or innewmane?) plans to the Guardians who are way too slow to put 2 and 2 together.

Ryoki
Jan 20, 2008, 08:22 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:18, Laranas wrote:

This is moronic, Rutsu is evil. Why is he representing newmans? He's clearly hiding things in the later story missions.He wasn't hiding much, actually. He just didn't want to present his imhumane (or innewmane?) plans to the Guardians who are way too slow to put 2 and 2 together.

Then explain why the 15* staff bearing his name, Rutsularod, is clearly some kind of demonic dragon?

Or the fact that Nasuyoteri, the 12* bow, said to be made for the head of the COG, uses dark energy similiar to blackbull?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2008-01-20 17:24 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jan 20, 2008, 08:33 PM
On 2008-01-19 22:38, EspioKaos wrote:
So, the little emblem logo thing that SEGA made for this event, didn't it originally have Dohgi in the background? Not that it really matters, but I just noticed that Rutsu is there now.

You're right. It was Doghi.

This is moronic, Rutsu is evil. Why is he representing newmans? He's clearly hiding things in the later story missions.

Rutsu isn't evil. He probably knows far more about what's going on than anyone else outside of Hauzer and Helga. And I don't mean the Illumines or their plans. The Illumines are just pawns in this. If he's uncooperative and haughty - it's likely because he working towards his own goals for dealing with the coming darkness and sees the Guardians as nothing but amatures who could only screw things up. You'll have to prove to him otherwise at some point in a future mission.

Remember, he's a reference to Lutz. When you first meet Lutz in PSI, he could give a damn about Lassic or freeing the system from his tyrannical grip. He was more concerned with his own personal training as an Esper. It's only after a letter from Motavia's Governor (presumably detailing the true dangers facing Algol) that he's convinced to join your party.

Sonic Team has taken a lot of liberties with PSU's references to the older games - but I doubt they'd go so far as to turn Lutz's spiritual decendent into a villain. Even Fullyen Curtz (a loose reference to Forren/Wren) overcame his hatred and prejudice to become a staunch ally rather early in the storyline.

Ryoki
Jan 20, 2008, 08:39 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:33, Sinue_v2 wrote:

On 2008-01-19 22:38, EspioKaos wrote:

You're right. It was Doghi.

Rutsu isn't evil. He probably knows far more about what's going on than anyone else outside of Hauzer and Helga. And I don't mean the Illumines or their plans. The Illumines are just pawns in this. If he's uncooperative and haughty - it's likely because he working towards his own goals for dealing with the coming darkness and sees the Guardians as nothing but amatures who could only screw things up. You'll have to prove to him otherwise at some point in a future mission.

Remember, he's a reference to Lutz. When you first meet Lutz in PSI, he could give a damn about Lassic or freeing the system from his tyrannical grip. He was more concerned with his own personal training as an Esper. It's only after a letter from Motavia's Governor (presumably detailing the true dangers facing Algol) that he's convinced to join your party.

Sonic Team has taken a lot of liberties with PSU's references to the older games - but I doubt they'd go so far as to turn Lutz's spiritual decendent into a villain. Even Fullyen Curtz (a loose reference to Forren/Wren) overcame his hatred and prejudice to become a staunch ally rather early in the storyline.

That sounds a lot more convincing.
But I still think he's kind of a jerk. >.>
Unfortunatly, I have yet to play the older PS games, so I'm sure you understand the storyline a lot more than I would. He SEEMED evil, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2008-01-20 17:40 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 08:42 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:22, Ryoki wrote:

On 2008-01-20 17:18, Laranas wrote:

Then explain why the 15* staff bearing his name, Rutsularod, is clearly some kind of demonic dragon?

Or the fact that Nasuyoteri, the 12* bow, said to be made for the head of the COG, uses dark energy similiar to blackbull?
I said he wasn't hiding anything... doesn't that explain why he allows clearly-dark weapons to bear his likeness?

Sinue_v2
Jan 20, 2008, 09:09 PM
Dark Photons are still Photons, and part of the Holy Light. They don't have anything to do with evil, or the corrupted photons. As I understand it, Photons themselves do have a counterpart which is associated with the Darkness. Think of it sort of like matter and anti-matter, except photons (both light and dark) are part of grand immortal god-like conciousnesses. You can't really polarize and seperate these two types of commonly used photons into the roles of good and evil, because then where would Ice, Ground, Lightning, and Fire photons fall? If anything they (Photons of the Holy Light) are infused (or charged) with the properties of basic elements - which assume Light and Darkness themselves are properties of the universe.

Though I could be wrong. Personally, I think the introduction of Photons is one of the worst things to have happened to Phantasy Star. I prefered it when the Sci in PS's Sci-Fi was seperate from the religious side, and the darkness was some unknown creeping madness that existed beyond the realm of science that spread throughout the system once every 1,000 years like some sort of awoken Lovecraftian elder-god.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-20 18:12 ]</font>

BFGfreak
Jan 20, 2008, 10:04 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:33, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Well, he could be evil, and for once, I could actually buy that plot twist from sega: Newdaiz was the only planet NOT devistated in episode 9/10, and they go ahead and build a shield, without getting shelled from the AMF fleet, so I would not be suprised if Rutso is on the Illuminas payroll. Of coarse, this would obviously lead to some issues if Karen were to find out. (what, I can't dream of a Newman Civil War between CoG loyalist led by the now evil Rutso, who we discover is not really rutso just to please sinue throw off original PS fans, and the sepretists, led by the Maiden herself.)

Of coarse, since the odds of st making something original and good like that is slim to none, I at least hope that at somepoint in the story, you are given the option of beating out the truth from Rutso ala CoD4.

Edit: Oh, and I think I know what happened to Dougi (or however you spell it), Anyone remember that one level in Call of Duty 4 where the player charecter gets carted through the city with Zakhaev's son while Al-Asad is blaring through a loudspeaker, I think you play him. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ncXJin1eE9Q)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BFGfreak on 2008-01-20 19:17 ]</font>

Edgard
Jan 20, 2008, 11:56 PM
I think the whole event is just a ploy for a mass genocide of newmans!!!!! >_>

Their trying to get rid of all of us, so I will go prepared to foie some asses!!!! Who's with me?!

Sexy_Raine
Jan 21, 2008, 10:21 PM
On 2008-01-18 16:07, Ryoki wrote:
I eat newmans.
The smaller ones aren't as tasty, unfortunately.

Try that on me, and I'll make you eat the spiked-end of my P Wand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

White_Mage
Jan 21, 2008, 10:32 PM
i hate this so much first im missing the event now im going to left out of this just my luck.......http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

stupid RROD

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
spose we will wait for a hour to see a gm just to get another useless deco that we all have like what we got on the beast bonfire....kakwane figure for all!!!!!!

Para
Jan 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
I just realized that they changed the event logo picture from dohgi to Rutsu... or am I seeing things and it was Rutsu all the way?

landman
Jan 22, 2008, 07:45 PM
On 2008-01-20 09:03, SabZero wrote:
Btw, for europeans like myself, here are the times in GMT

19:00 - 19:45
22:00 - 22:45
00:15 - 01:00

Is that for PC/PS2 or 360?

Dopples
Jan 23, 2008, 02:45 AM
Awww, and here I thought I was gonna get a Karen Erra Partner Card =(

Jarek
Jan 23, 2008, 05:10 AM
In case anyone missed it:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=68020

Unfortunately due to extraneous circumstances, the Newman Knights event this Thursday January 24th has been postponed one week until the 31st. The GM team wants the event to be executed in the most rewarding way possible and felt that in order to deliver the event that all players deserve that it should be postponed an extra week.

We thank you all for your understanding and we hope that the event that we deliver on the 31st will be worth the little extra wait.

PSU Team

landman
Jan 23, 2008, 05:43 AM
Someone told them it would interfere with the winter event? xD

Quebe_Lae
Jan 23, 2008, 03:02 PM
Isn't that still during the winter event? And with a little bit of irony, that actually makes it more difficult for me to attend.

I have one newman, he ended up being my only male character.

AmyPsycho
Jan 23, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'm excited to go! I wonder what will happen? I'll be on all day waiting to see what happens.