PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: kubara melee weapon alleged bonus details...

majan
Jan 18, 2008, 02:01 AM
I cant provide a link, but back when the huge update for japan was announced which included the rod buff, wartecher S rank knux and twin claws, they also mentioned that kubara melee weapons now would not only no longer receive a 10% ATP penalty when using a photon art, but they would receive a bonus. we here in the states got every peice of that post-expansion patch,and it all received lots of attention except for this thing about kubara melee weapons. so I'm here on guardian colony right now comparing some twin sabers doing Unsafe Passage S.

we've got:
Death Dancer GRM product 22% light, 4/10
ATP 295

Deathdancec Kubara replica 22% light, 3/10
ATP 296

atp difference is pretty much negligible:these weapons are evenly matched.

this is being tested on a level 120 CAST fighgunner, 1315 base ATP, 1460 with solid/power S added. using splendor crush level 32 ATP modifier 167%. against bel pannons and sendillans level 55. Im using a megistaride as well. the damage seemed to be pretty much the same across all of hte monsters.

damage output differential was...

Death Dancer:370s-382 normal attack.
splendor crush level 32:
1st combo ~745-765
2nd combo ~780-795
3rd combo ~845-880

Deathdancec:360-383 normal attack.
splendor crush level 32:
1st combo ~725-755
2nd combo ~780-815
3rd combo ~845-895

interesting results. basically what we see is a bigger variance in the dancec's,but this also could just be due to that measly 1 ATP difference, which,when multiplied for the 22% light along with the 167% attack mod for the PA,can make a slightly noticable difference even if it just opens the damage variance just a smidge. Ive noticed this with other kubara weapons though, particularly psycho wand,where the variance is ~80-100 damage on most techs Ive used with it.

so maybe there is a slight bonus to kubara weapons now,but it seems there probably isnt,and if there is,its a very small one. this defintely proves that there is no more penalty using kubara weapons though,because I have used replicas in the past that were considerably stronger than a normal version of the weapon and it actually did considerably less damage using a PA, but more using regular attacks. those results defintley were differnt than the ones I got tonite.

so no more penalty,but that bonus they told us about either hasnt come yet(still),is bogus,or is so minute that it literally is not worth mentioning.

discuss. feel free to share experiments or experiences of your own.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 18, 2008, 02:04 AM
they got unerfed, they sued to have a 10% detriment so sega thought to be "smart" and say "10% bonus now" which just means its normal >.>
the bonus overrided the penalty, making it normal, they didnt remove and add bonus

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-01-17 23:05 ]</font>

majan
Jan 18, 2008, 02:07 AM
well that makes a hell of a lot of sense. well,theres proof for everyone that they werent dicking with us the way they were about lots of other stuff.

Anduril
Jan 18, 2008, 02:08 AM
I don't recall hearing of a bonus, just that they got rid of the 10% reduction, though I think I recall the wording being along the lines of Kubaras now getting a bonus just meaning they were getting rid of the reduction.
Found the link to the update and all is says is: "Bonus Damage Using Kubara Melee Weapons With Photon Arts: Now all Kubara melee weapons are especially effective when using Photon Arts." So I think the taking away of the reduction was what they were talking about seeing as it was part of the pre-AotI patch.
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20071113a

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 18, 2008, 02:08 AM
On 2008-01-17 23:07, majan wrote:
well that makes a hell of a lot of sense.

pretty much everything sega does falls in that category

/sarcasm ><

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 18, 2008, 02:11 AM
On 2008-01-17 23:08, Anduril wrote:
"Bonus Damage Using Kubara Melee Weapons With Photon Arts: Now all Kubara melee weapons are especially effective when using Photon Arts."

that really makes it sound like they are better than other weapons with PA's as opposed to "they will now be just as effective as other weapons" the especially effective easily leaves the strongert han normal impression

Anduril
Jan 18, 2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah, my guess is that they worded it that way toward the people that didn't know/realize Kubaras had that reduction. ST, always looking out for the misinformed, probably. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-17 23:15 ]</font>

majan
Jan 18, 2008, 02:21 AM
well either way,Im glad that this happened,because while most kubara weapons,even at their peak,are not as strong as the genuine versions,some are better overall despite being weaker because they may have more accuracy,or more PP. its an actual alternative rather than a "why would you?"

Anduril
Jan 18, 2008, 02:24 AM
That's why Kubara's rock, they can be better than some weapons and are better colored, or so we've heard.