PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Should This Be an Option in Item Distribution?

NNEONateDogg
Jan 18, 2008, 09:40 AM
Right now we currently have item distribution for rare and normal items, but shouldn't there be one specifically for meseta also?

I mean, I would rather put set in order for normal items so the meseta is rotated, but I hate having actual 1*-6* normal items filling my inventory. If this was possible then I could set my settings as:

"Rare: Set in order
Normal: Give finder
Meseta: Set in order"

So want do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NNEONateDogg on 2008-01-18 06:53 ]</font>

Bolvyn
Jan 18, 2008, 09:47 AM
No I like it ho the mesta gets split between all the teem mate in the game. So every one have a chance get a peas of the pot. Not one person get all the measta.

Libram
Jan 18, 2008, 09:49 AM
It's definitely possible since both Order and Random distribute Meseta evenly, but I'm fine with the way things are. If you keep getting items you don't want then just drop those things mid mission.

Atropos
Jan 18, 2008, 10:48 AM
I'd like it that way, that way people could set the normals to give finder and i could accually get the friggin trimate that i tried to pick up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

chibiLegolas
Jan 18, 2008, 11:46 AM
Seperating normal drops and $ made sense to me. And I was quite surprised that sega clumped it all together in AoI.
I know I irritate casters when I pick up a dimate, antimate, etc. And I feel guilty when picking up $ on give finder to avoid such a situation. I wanna leave $ for my ranger and FO buddies in the back. But IF I don't pick up loose $, that just means the other fighters would probably pick it up.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

They ought to seperate the two. But distributing $ evenly by DEFAULT is the best option, WHILE keeping rares and normal drops seperate IMO.

desturel
Jan 18, 2008, 11:56 AM
I ran with someone who ran with normal items as give finder ONCE. He was a fortefighter and I was a techer so I was not in the middle of the pack when things died. He picked up ever meseta drop. I left the party and went to solo. I'm not joining your party to make you rich. Especially if you don't even leave enough meseta for recharge costs.

Pillan
Jan 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
Very few people care about normal items. Everyone cares about meseta. It would be great if they added that or made meseta distribute evenly regardless of the distribution settings.

Nra
Jan 18, 2008, 12:07 PM
heh..remenber the olds pso??? no such things like "set in order", "random" or whatever..was just "give finder" all the time no ? you keep what you take, no more no less

EngelBlut
Jan 18, 2008, 12:14 PM
i have tested it(and yes i have less of a life then everone here) out if normal is on give find doesnt matter what the rare is set on if normal is on give finder it will give the money to the one who pick it up

Atropos
Jan 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
which is why they should be seperate. I myself like normals on Give Finder, because i like to pick up mats and mates and the like.. but i also leave some of the meseta drops alone if its on give finder for the very reason that others need to recharge too. I just think it would be very nice if they seperated the two, it would be a Win/Win situation imo.

Jasam
Jan 18, 2008, 12:44 PM
Seperating the two would make a LOT of peeps happy.

I need that dman trimate, but I want meseta to be evenly distubuted. It's stuck between the two as it is :'(

Aviva
Jan 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
and not even if it was Mes set to order random or finder if it was like Mes set to finder or split even....that would be WONDERFUL

EMPYREAN
Jan 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
thats a good idea. hate having normal items set to anything else but give finder

gambit04
Jan 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
I don't think it is a big deal just drop things mid mission...I'm a techer also and I use mates all the time. I'm always getting dropped to crit condition b/c I have a little over 1k health so any attack is near deadly and rather risk losing a scape I pop a quick mate.

MSAksion
Jan 18, 2008, 01:56 PM
Meseta Definitely has to be a separate category. We all like money but we all HATE Moatoob Truffles and hot berries >_>.

Good god why are Moatoob Truffles found in Boss Boxes anyway - for such a difficult mission at least throw in some nanoResin or something useful that cooresponds to the Rank difficulty.

If you can go on an S2 mission you should be picking up 10* not 1* items in boss boxes.

So randomly during missions i yell "ITEM CHECK" just in case... there are many instances when a person is skipped a Rare due to crap items clogging their inventory cause another was picking up KERSELINE.

**ADDITION TO ADDING MESETA as a THIRD CATEGORY**

There should be a RARITY LIMITER. Like the leader says "RARE ITEM SET to 9* so that 8* and lower are treated as NORMAL. 7* KERSELINE is not rare SEGA. Nor are 8* Scape Doll Boards.

I want to set it so that only say... 10* is rare and 9* is normal. So that people who want the KERSELINE (Who the ....) can pick it up and have it to go them so that when a HIROKTERI drops it goes to one who deserves it not one who just dumped items right before the boss and takes advantage of another's sleepyness..

Anduril
Jan 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, meseta should be completely separate, and in my opinion you shouldn't be able to mess with its distribution. I think it should just always be distributed equally amongst the team.

EngelBlut
Jan 18, 2008, 02:55 PM
On 2008-01-18 09:20, Atropos wrote:
which is why they should be seperate. I myself like normals on Give Finder, because i like to pick up mats and mates and the like.. but i also leave some of the meseta drops alone if its on give finder for the very reason that others need to recharge too. I just think it would be very nice if they seperated the two, it would be a Win/Win situation imo.

i could be a good idea and not the greatest at the same time.. my partys we really only pick upmoney and photons as normals

Reipard
Jan 18, 2008, 03:35 PM
My normal response: Sure, why not? More opitons are always better.

My bitter response: It's too bad that everyone would set normal items to Give Finder thanks to it.

My response to rarity limit: That is incredibly stupid.

Noblewine
Jan 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
No, I don't think they really need to add another option for meseta distribution. It sounds like a waste of time.

Libram
Jan 18, 2008, 07:46 PM
It's not that much a waste of time. Since Order and Random already distribute money evenly for all players when it's picked up that means the server already sees cash as a separate type of drop. It wouldn't take that much effort to simply add the option under Item Distribution, and if there is ever a Version 3 I bet that would become one of the new additions.

Foxfire15
Jan 18, 2008, 09:23 PM
When I play by myself or with friends, I usually lock the game and set it to finder, and jus leave some of the money floating for others. I can't STAND random on normal. I always end up with lots of crap in my inventory from accidental pickups and from those annoying few who have this...."need" to grab EVERYTHING. /punchinface

CeruleanWitch
Jan 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
I'd love to have that option to set meseta to random/set in order (whichever gets split between teammates). I really hate people who are greedy for meseta. Typically, those types of people don't care for the techers in their group who are at the back of the group and put effort into healing everyone in the party, which puts them at a disadvantage at picking items up.