PDA

View Full Version : need help Magas Maggahna

gambit04
Jan 18, 2008, 02:53 PM
Okay I'm playing on my techer is there anyway I can not die from him in one hit?

Strategies w/e any help is useful I'm just tired of that being the only area on this mission where I die and I die at least 3 times every run on him.

I'm lvl90 max FT lvl.My armor is a 22% Rabol Asted.

Anduril
Jan 18, 2008, 02:55 PM
I usually just go at him with my Bow. And run like hell when he starts moving toward me. Though you could do the same with Diga or Foie. So what I'm basically saying is Hit and Run. This should keep you alive longer, but may prolong the fight.

EngelBlut
Jan 18, 2008, 02:57 PM
well he can even kill me in one hit lvl114 fortgun
so not really anyway to prevent the one hits but the bow can help alot

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EngelBlut on 2008-01-18 11:58 ]</font>

Cerberus1981
Jan 18, 2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, stick to what your good at (heal the fighters and gunners), it helps a lot.

I can put him down quick with Boma Duranga and my rifles but it I hate having to burn a trimate every few shots of my grenade launcher.

If you want to be a hero then just stay on the move but keeping others in the fight is the most effective and quickest way you will kill him. I was in a party earlier with 2 other people (1 gunner, 1 techer and 1 beast fortefighter) and the 3 of us were tearing through this mission and both bosses in about 18 minutes without MG glitching).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2008-01-18 12:11 ]</font>

EngelBlut
Jan 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
yeah party with that boss it helps so much

MSAksion
Jan 18, 2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah forget TECH - your only real chance of hurting it with TECH is DIGA due to the high flying arc.

But diga is too slow to hit his Arms as he moves a lot. And every move he does if you're within "Diga Artillery Range" can kill in one hit to anyone OR STUN then so that his missiles or his sword can kill while youre helpless no matter what job you are.

My best way to survive is to make sure the team survives. I go in with a Card fan and a Giresta wand to revive the dead just in case...

Africa
Jan 18, 2008, 11:26 PM
your best chance isto usea yohmei armor for the dfp. in a group or solo use nosdiga on the base and diga the arms or use a bow. the plan is to not break the base as he speads up and uses the sword more. you really need a stun resist high% lightning armor preferably yohmei as magas is very accurate . also if you hit the mid section enough he will slump and if you stay close you will kill him easier butyou may still lose scapes.

gambit04
Jan 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
Also I found out if you don't run in a party with 3 60s and they have some actually good gear and they carry scapes you can do just as good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EngelBlut
Jan 19, 2008, 01:19 AM
ok i was messig around with a friend on desert goliath and he lvl 120 50% castest line with orpad guard dies one hit so it dont really matter what your def is all i know is that im a 114 and i have in total 21 end and i get hit down to 1 health alot there

Hath_Wrobo
Jan 19, 2008, 01:33 AM
Basically, might not help damage wise, but Maggas is a type of boss that if you have at least two people, can go down really quickly. Me and another friend gunner used this strategy when we fought him back in the day.

Note that this is a Gunner type strategy, so trimates and healing items will be necessary. This should actually also work with Forces, but more caution will just need to be taken due to frailty and more lag time from attacks. Foie should be nice, diga is good too, but you have to be closer to Maggas for diga, which might pose a problem once he gets fast.

First step, stay away from EACH OTHER, try to be on the opposite side of the map at all times, not very far, but far enough away where Maggas will be unable to attack both of you simulataneously.

Second step, NEVER attack him at the same time, there is a reason for this which I shall explain.

Since you are both far away from each other, he will be only able to attack one of you. The person being chased should not attack Maggas, only run around. The other person will attempt to get behind maggas and shoot his weakspots (shoulders and midsection)

Eventually, since all bosses work this way, Maggas will start to go after the person attacking, which will require both people to switch roles. If the person who is being attacked by Maggas, does not attack Maggas, it will be easy for him to evade his attacks without stopping to attack.

Never really fought Maggas with 4 people, but it should work about the same. Just have the other three people in a diamond shape around him at all times, so a cluster attack does not kill more than one person at a time.

I have no advice for soloers other than good luck.

Hope this helps

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2008-01-18 22:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2008-01-18 22:39 ]</font>

vfloresjr24
Jan 19, 2008, 02:12 AM
I think anduril hit the nail on the head. I see most techers do that when we play against that stupid thing. shoot and run. If you can hit it with diga or foie spells.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 19, 2008, 02:53 AM
When I solo him, bow just don't do it for me, don't really need them. I only use my lv40 diga. When he still has the bottom part use diga on that, once the bottom is gone, it gets pretty annoying. It's mostly luck if you can land diga on the arms, so use cards on that if you have them. Lightning armor also helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-01-18 23:55 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
One of the rules for easily fighting any boss is that you have enough HP not to die in one hit from any attack.

Since Magas is so powerful (and cheap), either level up a lot or change job.

CeruleanWitch
Jan 19, 2008, 12:14 PM
I don't find him all that damaging, except for one attack. Just watch out for that sword of his, because even that instantly kills me if I'm in his way.

Urtri
Jan 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
1st try this set-up

Wand (Gi/Resta + Diga or Fioe) + Card (earth element bullet)

Cards tend to be really effective on magas after his base is destroyed since if you face his midsection (best dmg part) the cards will almost always go for it dealing lots of damage And (most importantly) allow you to stay mobile.

this also works wonders as a Guntecher, Acrotecher and Acrofigther (used cards on him as an acrofigther and with lvl 11-20 earth bullets with Agratide was doing around 600 to 700 dmg x3 on his midsection)

haruna
Jan 19, 2008, 01:53 PM
If you are soloing this boss regardless of type, consider the Stun/Resist a mandatory piece of equipment.

Cards are definitely awesome. Grab some GRM brand cards and slap a few grinds on. Card thankfully level fast, so even if you're just starting out with them, you'll be up to speed sooner than you think.

I usually use Nosdiga/Diga on the mid section until the "feet" or whatever you want to call them fall. Precision Diga bombing the arms is best done with a wand or madoog, as timing is crucial. When I see the Magus raise his arms up, I flank him and hurl a Diga or 2. At least 1 should connect by the time he lands. Sometimes the 2nd ball misses the first arm but then catches the other.

I've also got my "Force's Buff" madoog ready with Retier and Deband. Yes, they expire and even with a nice high lightning armor, you can die.

Kietrinia
Jan 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
I never solo as a Fortetecher. It's suicide really.

It's not a question of a FT's damage output, but more of a matter of a need of a "decoy" in that you need someone to get the attention of an enemy while you attack. Of course, you need to balance yourself between damage output and supporting your friend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Retniwreven
Jan 19, 2008, 05:10 PM
I love Maggas. He's so delightfully evil compared to most of the bosses (Dragons) which are just a rush-up-and-beat-on-it method. Maggas actually makes it a little bit harder (or more suicidal) to do that.

tailz
Jan 19, 2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-01-18 22:19, EngelBlut wrote:
ok i was messig around with a friend on desert goliath and he lvl 120 50% castest line with orpad guard dies one hit so it dont really matter what your def is all i know is that im a 114 and i have in total 21 end and i get hit down to 1 health alot there

im using a 36% storm line w/ legsless/rainbow n sori/mind... ive never been 1HK'd my maggas... so dfp DOES matter... my newman guntecher doesnt even get 1HK'd with that on...
the sori/mind wouldnt really matter in this case, but the armor/rainbow combo seems to be the best bet... get urself (since ur a techer) the highest percent yohmei armor that has a body slot, then just work your way up... if you start with a 16% armor, constantly check shops for better armor and how much a 16% sells for... if u see a 20% that sells for 2 mil and ur 16% will sell for 1.6mil, wait til u have 400k, then sell ur armor and buy the 20... as u get higher percents, ur gonna have to obviously pay a more every time u upgrade, but its well worth it as long as u wait til u see a decent deal... i started at a 12% stormline, n i think ive sold/bought a better one about 6 times n i spent a total of about 4-5 mil on this 36%, whereas if i woulda bought it up front, it woulda been way more than that...
do the same with rainbows, start with mega and slowly upgrade n sell the old one to buy the new one

forgot to mention this - use diga if u can control it, if u cant, use a bow and shoot him under the shoulder on his upper arm/bicep... its a weak spot

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2008-01-19 15:21 ]</font>

mvffin
Jan 20, 2008, 01:26 AM
once you kill the bottom part, get extremely close to hm and use cards on his stomach. my cards were doing 480x3 per swing. = )

plus its hard for him to hit you, he mostly uses ranged attacks.