PDA

View Full Version : Using traps

Abashi76
Jan 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
What are the requirements for using them, other than being casts? For some reason, when I'm a cast that is not a ranger, I can't use the traps. Makes no sense, help please?

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
because traps are class based not race based, different races can use different traps, some more than others. Protranser can use them all

JAFO22000
Jan 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
Traps don't follow a race requirment, rather a job type requirment. I believe only Fortegunners, Fighgunners, Guntechers and Protransers can use traps. Protranser can use all traps and I believe that the other three jobs can use a limited selection.

Abashi76
Jan 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
On 2008-01-18 14:48, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
because traps are class based not race based, different races can use different traps, some more than others. Protranser can use them all

Alright, thank ^_^

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
Anything that has Ranger in its requirement can use traps actually, so that includes Acrofighter and Acrotecher.

Abashi76
Jan 18, 2008, 06:21 PM
On 2008-01-18 15:11, Shiroryuu wrote:
Anything that has Ranger in its requirement can use traps actually, so that includes Acrofighter and Acrotecher.

Alright, seeing that this is the case, I have a serious problem.

I made this cast who is a ranger/force oriented towards freezing enemies. She uses freezing guns, and Dibarta. Along side that, she uses freezing and poison traps. I thought that only casts can use traps. Now that I know, I shouldn't of chosen Cast. Casts are terrible at teching. Should I start over, and if so, which race? Its hard to say, because I took hours leveling her two techs to lvl 11.

Danger_Girl
Jan 18, 2008, 06:26 PM
you can convert the techs back to disks and transfer them over to your other characters, so that's not a problem. If you want a well rounded race, best bet is a human.

Abashi76
Jan 18, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-01-18 15:26, Danger_Girl wrote:
you can convert the techs back to disks and transfer them over to your other characters, so that's not a problem. If you want a well rounded race, best bet is a human.

Alright, thanks ^_^.

I know not to use beasts, but who's better at acc amongst newman and human? I'm interested in two things: ranger and force.

Pillan
Jan 18, 2008, 06:43 PM
If you plan to focus on ranger and force classes, I would suggest Newman. It's significantly higher TP for a small decrease in output. And they also have better accuracy, so the harder the enemy, the better off the Newman is output-wise as ranger. That is unless you plan on using Acrotecher as a ranger/force hybrid since the rediculous human bonus overshadows the Newman advantage.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 18, 2008, 06:46 PM
On 2008-01-18 15:21, Abashi76 wrote:

I made this cast who is a ranger/force oriented towards freezing enemies. She uses freezing guns, and Dibarta. Along side that, she uses freezing and poison traps. I thought that only casts can use traps. Now that I know, I shouldn't of chosen Cast. Casts are terrible at teching. Should I start over, and if so, which race? Its hard to say, because I took hours leveling her two techs to lvl 11.

if you dont want to be a cast anymore then tis simple. Go to view your PA's and you can turn them into a disc again (saves the exp and lvl) and put them inthe common box for the next character

Abashi76
Jan 18, 2008, 06:47 PM
On 2008-01-18 15:46, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

On 2008-01-18 15:21, Abashi76 wrote:

if you dont want to be a cast anymore then tis simple. Go to view your PA's and you can turn them into a disc again (saves the exp and lvl) and put them inthe common box for the next character

Just, read, thank you muches! ^_^

On 2008-01-18 15:43, Pillan wrote:
If you plan to focus on ranger and force classes, I would suggest Newman. It's significantly higher TP for a small decrease in output. And they also have better accuracy, so the harder the enemy, the better off the Newman is output-wise as ranger. That is unless you plan on using Acrotecher as a ranger/force hybrid since the rediculous human bonus overshadows the Newman advantage.

Ok, k00l ^_^

I already got a newman, so I already know how to make one look good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PS: I use guntecher ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-18 15:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-18 15:49 ]</font>