PDA

View Full Version : what techs are worth leveling

chaostroop3
Jan 19, 2008, 07:21 PM
i just hit razonde 31 and i have to say its amazing and i have NEVER seen anyone in the game with it eather, and i was wondering what techs are truly amazing at high levels but are still uncommon enuf to be unique

thx in advance

gryphonvii
Jan 19, 2008, 07:29 PM
everyone has preferences, I've been meaning to get razonde up, only got it to 27 right now, I like aoe spells, dam spells are deadly leveled up, not just dambarta, line spells do decent damage with the rod boost, go with zonde because it looks badass at 31. but thats just my suggestion

gambit04
Jan 19, 2008, 07:31 PM
I think zonde looks sick that is one I will lvl up in the future but then again I want to lvl all my spells up b/c I think most of them are look great at 31+

Retniwreven
Jan 19, 2008, 07:31 PM
I think Damdiga looks really pretty. Though in all honesty, it looks like Dammegid should look like, and vice-versa. I mean really, even the status ailment effects look like they're from the opposite spell.

DonRoyale
Jan 19, 2008, 07:33 PM
Zonde and Ramegid look sweet ASS at 31+.

Ryno
Jan 19, 2008, 07:45 PM
The Technics that are wotrh leveling are the support ones...
so far
all of my support spells are 40
inculding resta and reverser

Telina
Jan 19, 2008, 08:00 PM
Its probably up to your own preference, and it helps to know what your looking for in leveling spells. If your looking for practicality or just effects when you say "worth leveling" Gibarta looks amazing as well as Gidiga i think. Megid is sweet when you get it up in levels. its stronger than any piercing spell too. i think i hit for 2k on light mobs.

shotsfired
Jan 19, 2008, 08:10 PM
here is my 31= wishlist..

zonde - looks awesome!
gidiga - lava effect on ground is sweet!
any other lightning spell - i just like lightning....
rammegid - cool effect from above.

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:31 PM
EVERY spell in the game is worth leveling to 40. Some may be more situational than others, but none of them suck. >_>

Telina
Jan 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:31, SATatami wrote:
EVERY spell in the game is worth leveling to 40. Some may be more situational than others, but none of them suck. >_>

please let me know of a situation where megiverse is usefull... i've been leveling it against my better judgement but for the life of me can't think of a time where i'd say, "Gee, i'm glad i leveled that spell"

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 09:30 PM
On 2008-01-19 18:27, Telina wrote:

please let me know of a situation where megiverse is usefull... i've been leveling it against my better judgement but for the life of me can't think of a time where i'd say, "Gee, i'm glad i leveled that spell"

IT sucks HP while taking damage. >_> It's like casting Resta and a low level Gi spell at the same time. >_> There's a use for any and everything in this game, you just gotta find it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif *goes back to using cards on a AF*

Telina
Jan 19, 2008, 09:33 PM
i think i'd like megiverse much more if it was more like a gi- spell, if it was a single hit with drain hp. I can't seem to ever hit mobs more than two or three times before i get knocked out of it.

Umberger
Jan 19, 2008, 09:38 PM

It's pretty useful in parties on Golmoro, and in the off chance that you play Agata RELICS, it takes care of Ageeta pretty fast. It's not a great spell per se, but every spell is still worth leveling.

Criss
Jan 20, 2008, 12:26 AM
We need a Tay- line of spells. I wanna use Tayzonde. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tsavo
Jan 20, 2008, 12:27 AM

Before AoI dropped it was a good fit for wt and looked as though it had real promise for at. Both classes are strong enough to not get batted around while using it and at's tp would have given it some pretty good milage. Howevwer, with the rebalancing of spells pre 31 and the addition of just attack(making melee king)the fact is its a pretty useless spell at the moment, as far as I can see anyway.

Megalomax
Jan 20, 2008, 12:42 AM
;_; I cant seem to find a way to Lv my TECHNICs fast or atleast a fun way...

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 12:59 AM
I leveled most of my technics at Scarred Planet S, either by using the Vahra Leader trick or spamming techs in the first room and restarting.

ilovetypemoon
Jan 20, 2008, 01:14 AM
On 2008-01-19 21:26, Criss wrote:
We need a Tay- line of spells. I wanna use Tayzonde. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Chocolate Rain~!

gryphonvii
Jan 20, 2008, 11:02 AM
sakura blast is my place, no spamming on one enemy just run through the entire mission, rinse and repeat,

tayzonde, eh?, I;ll just add my personal sith dreams and ask for damzonde

DonRoyale
Jan 20, 2008, 11:15 AM
Plains Overlord is the way to go. There is a map where every single spawn (except like, two) has a safe spot where you can spam techs and not get hurt. Great way to level bullets, too...

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
Dammegid is awesome.

chaoskila
Jan 20, 2008, 12:14 PM
Go ZONDE!!!

Zorak000
Jan 20, 2008, 12:29 PM
megiverse is the only way I can solo those robots that love to straif out of my dam-spell area (my gi-TECHs are pathedic ATM). megiverse now has the same flintch effect that all of the dam TECHs and barta and zonde have now as well, so it too is useful.

hewitt
Jan 20, 2008, 12:34 PM
i want wind spells ._.

AZKlegend
Jan 20, 2008, 12:35 PM
All the buffs are worth leveling to at least 11, diga is worth leveling, dambarta is good, resta or giresta. Those are the most common spells for levling fairly high...

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 12:39 PM
On 2008-01-20 09:35, AZKlegend wrote:
All the buffs are worth leveling to at least 11, diga is worth leveling, dambarta is good, resta or giresta. Those are the most common spells for levling fairly high...I would say "at least to 21," as booster items themselves give the effects of Lv11 buffs.

Abashi76
Jan 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-01-19 16:21, chaostroop3 wrote:
i just hit razonde 31 and i have to say its amazing and i have NEVER seen anyone in the game with it eather, and i was wondering what techs are truly amazing at high levels but are still uncommon enuf to be unique

thx in advance

Dambarta at high levels, you can freeze a whole army in front of you.

On my main char, I do use Razonde (12) as well as Gibarta (12). I'm very behind on leveling my techs and in need to do so.

chaostroop3
Jan 20, 2008, 01:40 PM
On 2008-01-20 09:34, hewitt wrote:
i want wind spells ._.

i was thinking of wind spells earlyer 0.0 we need new elements! like
WIND

NATURE

SOUND

and mabey LIFE (like the newman summons XD)

hewitt
Jan 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
YES http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Id imagine the wind spells name to be like tier (tee air) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Aviva
Jan 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
On 2008-01-19 21:26, Criss wrote:

I love his take on Cannon in D....mmm <3

and who doesnt love some chocolate rain? really?

majan
Jan 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
buffs and heal spells are a given there's no reason anyone should have to be convinced to level this crap up. its a pain yeah and youll have to go out of your way to support your party members but remember one thing:your helping yourself too.onto attack techs....

ra- attacks with the rod buff and the 31+ buff have become extremely powerful and worth the pain to level. the only downside is that they are indeed quite a pain in the rump to level. the only one thats easy to level really is ramegid because its the only one where you have enough light creatures to spam it on,i.e white beast, habirao. I guess if you did nothing but de lo ray you could levle up razonde reasonably fast but thats a lot of de lo ray youll be doing and lot of razonde spamming. its a bit of a commitment,think of ra- and line spells like the rifle bullets for fortetechers. megid certainly is worth leveling up for incapacitate SE but the other line spells really arent as effective,but the ra-spells are hugely rewarding if oyu take the time to level them up.

also,if you solo a lot,gi-types are an absolute must. with your NPCs there to help tank the damage with you in the middle doing heavy surrounding damage,youll be killing mobs in no time.

foie and diga accomplish generally the same thing,except foie IMO wins hugely because it has SE4 burn which is ridiculously helpful when soloing against big monsters or against big monsters in general. diga gets SE4 silence which is useful when it wants to be and sucks when it doesnt,but I beleive the damage mod on diga is a bit higher than foie,so for concentrated damage,diga is where its at.

dam attacks,as everyone has already said,are disgustingly powerful. I havent reallly had the need for the others outside of dambarta,but dambarta alone can get you through entire missions somtimes if you had the time to spend watching the screen turn white-blue and everything die some 10-15 seconds later. take the time to level that one up,the rest of the dam attacks are a matter of preference. regrant is also useful in getting yourself out of jams since it simply sends everything flying,and is also like a cheap hooker to level up.

nosdiga is simply a must. if youve ever used or watched crossbows and marveled at their power,you must understand the nosdiga effect. its the closest thing a fortetecher has to a crossbow. at level 21+ you get three homing thingamabobs that do pretty amazing damage with this rod buff and you and either let them roam free or run up to one monster and let them all plug into one target for damage that well exceeds 3000 per shot. also the stun SE is quite useful in paralyzing smaller enemies and youll occasionaly see it paralyze a large enemy,though to my knowledge it doesnt surpass SE2 with the stun effect but watever this spell is just as awesome with no status effect at all.

nosmegid is also very useful. it homes sort of the way nosdiga does but it can hit flying targets for some heavy ass damage with the rod buff. it also works like yak zagenga where,if you have low HP,you do increased damage. with low HP youll definitley want to hang back in the party and let other people do the attacking,right? well with this spell you can,while doing quite formidable damage yourself still wihtout being in harms way. youl be able to sit far out of range of most monsters while throwing this little purple ball of love at them and hitting htem for 2000+ damage. also at 21+ it gets a knockback effect that is so useful against big monsters,particularly svaltus,that it isnt even funny. picture being able to stunlock a svaltus while doing heavy damage to it. this is the spell. the one and only drawback is tha it only hits 2 targets,which,as far as I know, does not change at level 31+. noszonde does hit 3 targets at 31+ or 21+,and it works very similarly to this spell,minus the low HP=bonus damage part.

megid instakills,but like the other line spells,it is a total asshole to level up. usefulness is questionable in contrast to the amount of time you can spend leveling up more worthwhile things.

megiverse is,as someone up there put it, a weak gi/dam- spell hybrid that sucks HP,which would have been a very novel concept in short bursts. instead,it has a casting delay where,with casting dambarta and immediately your doing damage as soon as the ice flies out of the floor,megiverse delays for a full tick and then starts to deal the daamage and steal the HP. I find this very counter intuitive since its a spell that a fragile fortetecher can be knocked out of in a hot second before being able to fully use it to its potential. the only way I see this being very useful is,in a party,if a fortetecher finds himself safe campiung in the middle of the room and just using this as a sort of all-encompassing attack that kinda hits everything while healing himself sort of deal. its still awfully weak though even for this. now if they would have made it like a full blow gi-attack where it does just normal shots of damage and sucked HP in that way,this would have been quite an awesome ultimate PA definitley worth 75 frags. since it is the way it is though and not the majan's dream world way,dont waste time leveling and 75 frags on it.

tech leveling is no cakewalk,so dont expect one. however,its one of the most rewarding things in the game when,after leveling all these things up,all you need to take care of is getting a poweful weapon to use them. they work a lot like bullets.

Lykos
Jan 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
Funny I should find this thread, as I was just about to post one with a similar topic, but I guess I'll just post it here. What is the best set-up for leveling techs? Is EXP based on amount of damage done or amount of hits? If it's damage, I guess a FT with a rod would be my best bet. Amount of hits could possibly be Acrotecher with a low-level madoog and a Har / Quick. I'd like some insight on this.

Aviva
Jan 20, 2008, 03:03 PM
On 2008-01-20 11:58, Lykos wrote:
Funny I should find this thread, as I was just about to post one with a similar topic, but I guess I'll just post it here. What is the best set-up for leveling techs? Is EXP based on amount of damage done or amount of hits? If it's damage, I guess a FT with a rod would be my best bet. Amount of hits could possibly be Acrotecher with a low-level madoog and a Har / Quick. I'd like some insight on this.

Low level wand/madoog high level creature FTW

try Crimson beast S2 and use the noob corners if you want to do it the EASY way ^.^

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 03:23 PM
ra- attacks with the rod buff and the 31+ buff have become extremely powerful and worth the pain to level. the only downside is that they are indeed quite a pain in the rump to level. the only one thats easy to level really is ramegid because its the only one where you have enough light creatures to spam it on,i.e white beast, habirao. I guess if you did nothing but de lo ray you could levle up razonde reasonably fast but thats a lot of de lo ray youll be doing and lot of razonde spamming. its a bit of a commitment,think of ra- and line spells like the rifle bullets for fortetechers. megid certainly is worth leveling up for incapacitate SE but the other line spells really arent as effective,but the ra-spells are hugely rewarding if oyu take the time to level them up. Or you can use the Scarred Planet S technique and get all your RA-techs to 21+ in a day.

Umberger
Jan 20, 2008, 03:58 PM

Different TECHNICs work better with different setups. I don't believe there's been any extensive testing, but the generally accepted belief is that things level up purely based on the number of hits.

Noblewine
Jan 20, 2008, 05:59 PM
Depends on your playstyle however every spell is useful in any situation.

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
On 2008-01-20 12:58, Umberger wrote:

Different TECHNICs work better with different setups. I don't believe there's been any extensive testing, but the generally accepted belief is that things level up purely based on the number of hits.

It's been tested offline and online, all PAs level based on the amount of hits. The damage done (or healing, in some cases) doesn't matter as long as it's not 0.