PDA

View Full Version : Nanobeast Role Call

DAMASCUS
Jan 19, 2008, 08:00 PM
I have a Yellow Nanoblast for my beast because he looks cool and seems quicker; although lower numbers. I have gotten brow-beaten for not having Red because it does Uber damage. I know that plenty of beasts don't choose Red but I'm curious as to know how many and why..

Retniwreven
Jan 19, 2008, 08:04 PM
Blue is invincibility. Personally, I use purple. Both because I like the color more than red, and because it means I don't get beaten to the floor when nano'ing solo without losing the 25 seconds of time from blue..

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
Invincibility, yo! For soloing. >.>

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:06 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:04, Retniwreven wrote:
Blue is invincibility. Personally, I use purple. Both because I like the color more than red, and because it means I don't get beaten to the floor when nano'ing solo without losing the 25 seconds of time from blue..

What color scheme are you on?

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed
Blue with White aura= Invincibilty.

Now, purple? What? o.O fix your monitor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Telina
Jan 19, 2008, 08:07 PM
i use my power beast on my alt. No particular reason, i guess i never changed it since level 20. I don't really nanoblast at all though, i never find a time when its really needed.

Retniwreven
Jan 19, 2008, 08:08 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:06, SATatami wrote:

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed

Now, purple? What? o.O fix your monitor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I should ask you the same question. This thing is megid-level purple. The invincible one is really, really blue. =X

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:10 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:08, Retniwreven wrote:

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed

I should ask you the same question. This thing is megid-level purple. The invincible one is really, really blue. =X

You talking about the body, or the aura? if you're talking about the aura, turn the tint on your monitor/tv to the middles, and away from the blue. >.>

Retniwreven
Jan 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:10, SATatami wrote:

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed

You talking about the body, or the aura? if you're talking about the aura, turn the tint on your monitor/tv to the middles, and away from the blue. >.>

Oh, no the AURA is blue, but the body is purple as can be.

...I don't pay much attention to the auras. >_>

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:16 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:12, Retniwreven wrote:

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed

Normally people refer to nano's by auras. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh, and from what I can tell, Defense and Invince have the exact same body color.

Laranas
Jan 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
My beast is Purple, and my color is pretty spot on.

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2008, 08:22 PM
I refer to nanos by fur color because that's what stands out the most to me. And Boggo and Vande are most certainly different colors.

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:26 PM
I haven't seen defense since I was on PS2, and there, it was the same color, due to that messed up color filter it had. o.O;

gambit04
Jan 19, 2008, 08:31 PM
Invincible beast FTW you don't always get a techer in your party and star atomizers have a small range. I like to not be stopped once I go beast and also not die if i get no heals. I stick with invincible not to mention it is the best for soloing.

CelestialBlade
Jan 19, 2008, 08:58 PM
Who the hell refers to them by auras when the body color is so much more recognizable? o_O

Invincibility all the way. I do enough damage with weapons, I save my Nanoblast for big mobs that I'm likely to take a lot of damage in fighting.

DAMASCUS
Jan 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah on PS2/PS3 Defense is spot-on Dark Blue. Invincibility is a lighter/icey Blue.

Wow, yellow is taking a pounding...*thinks about switching up*

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:58, Typheros wrote:
Who the hell refers to them by auras when the body color is so much more recognizable? o_O

Well, the auras are much more distinct in color than the body colors are. Defense/Invincibility body color, yo? Yeah, I'm the light blue one~

Marshmallow
Jan 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
My main uses invincible (blue) because it's just easier not to worry about healing or flinching or getting frozen or something. I plan to put the purple nanoblast on my alt because I never see anyone using it, and I want to try it out.

I would use yellow, but it seems like such a waste. All it does is up your evade rate, right?

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 10:40 PM
ATA too.

Spacepest
Jan 19, 2008, 11:15 PM
I've had all the colors on my beast, and the blue invincible is my favorite.

I can't tell you how many times I've run into a sticky situation and I've used my saved up nanoblast to get out of it. Plus you can see the amount of time you have left on the nanoblast meter, so its just a matter of running out of harm's way again when the meter runs down.

I really like having the invincability on my FG beast. Its fun to run up to a boss, nanoblast, smack them up, and then run back as my meter runs down (if the monster is still alive at this point), transform, and then fill them full of bullets. If I'm soloing, and the fight is taking awhile, there is also a good chance that all those bullets will recharge up my blue nano AGAIN, for a repeat performance. (And in a long battle, less damage and healing is a good thing).

Red beast dies too easy. Purple defense and yellow beast lives a bit longer. Blue beast is just sheer fun, even if the nanoblast has a shorter time span.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 19, 2008, 11:17 PM
I have a Male Beast Fortefighter alt, so, where's the choice for NO Nanoblast? I don't have a Nanoblast on him, and he's like level 65 or so.

Danger_Girl
Jan 19, 2008, 11:45 PM
Switched from red to invincible and will never go back.

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 12:04 AM
On 2008-01-19 17:16, SATatami wrote:

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed

Normally people refer to nano's by auras. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh, and from what I can tell, Defense and Invince have the exact same body color.

Thats a lie. Your speculation (assumption) is equal to that of the VIIF bullshit. Or I guess im not in the "IN" crowd.

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 12:05 AM
On 2008-01-19 17:58, Typheros wrote:

YUH DIGG!!!!

SATatami
Jan 20, 2008, 12:19 AM
On 2008-01-19 21:04, superdood22 wrote:

On 2008-01-19 17:16, SATatami wrote:

Red= Power
Blue= Defense
Yellow= Speed

Thats a lie. Your speculation (assumption) is equal to that of the VIIF bullshit. Or I guess im not in the "IN" crowd.

Well, in my past, what? 7 months? of playing, I've only heard them refer to by aura, so it's easy to assume. I've never heard them called by body type till today. >_>

Criss
Jan 20, 2008, 12:23 AM
Personally, I just refer to nanoblast by their effect. Power, accuracy, defense and invincibility. Who knows, maybe there's colorblind people playing PSU. >.>

As for what I use, invincibility all the way! I play GT and as such, I'm often the only support techer in the party, which means that when I'm the one that's nanoblasting, there usually isn't anybody that can heal me... or to bother healing me. Even when there are other techers, invincibility means that techers can focus on supporting other teammates and attacking instead of spamming resta to save me. Plus it's a lifesaver when soloing.

Of course, all types of nanoblasts fit some classes better than others. You just have to find whatever fits your playstyle.

Libram
Jan 20, 2008, 12:32 AM
My Fighgunner uses Invincibility, and all I need to worry about is making sure my girl is moving in the right direction when she attacks. If I can learn to consistently JA the second hit of the combo I'll be smashing things left and right, especially with the extra target box for the flip-kick and kitty scratch move.

I have this sudden urge to just run around the house going "Mrowr!" And that's kinda scary considering I'm a guy.

DonRoyale
Jan 20, 2008, 01:55 AM
I use Agada Val. (The attack one)

Mostly because I'm always inflicting the higest damage of my party members, so I might as well keep the DPS train rolling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
Jan 20, 2008, 03:24 AM
I use the defense one, which is rather definitively bright freaking purple.

In fact, I use it specifically *because* it is bright freaking purple, and thus matches Nai's purple and white colour scheme.

http://www.iankunx.net/thisispurpledamnit.jpg

It works nicely enough. Tylor sure doesn't like when I kick his ass with it in my search for more Blackhearts. XP

DAMASCUS
Jan 20, 2008, 03:40 AM
On 2008-01-20 00:24, Ian-KunX wrote:

In fact, I use it specifically *because* it is bright freaking purple, and thus matches Nai's purple and white colour scheme.

It works nicely enough. Tylor sure doesn't like when I kick his ass with it in my search for more Blackhearts. XP

Being that your pic is from the PC I must say that the PS2/PS3 color(blue) for the defensive nanoblast does NOT look like that(groovy grape). Very odd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2008-01-20 00:43 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 20, 2008, 03:42 AM
Indeed it doesn't. Thus my confusion between body colors.

Akaimizu
Jan 20, 2008, 03:49 AM
It looks like that for the 360 version as well. The purple beasts are definitely distinctively purple. I have Mufonna with the Purple one as well. For her, I tend to currently favor either Blue-Invincibility or Purple-defense. They both go well with her choice of colors, and I tend to use the defensive stance with the beasts. It's not like the monsters aren't too weak for their damage anyway. The monsters are better at dishing damage than taking it from today's hyper strong melee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-20 00:52 ]</font>

Starrz
Jan 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
Adaka Val because you don't need to fear dead enemies.

Angelo
Jan 20, 2008, 09:45 AM
Do I need to go and screenshot all the different forms now?

I guess I do.

Angelo
Jan 20, 2008, 10:25 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/SuperAngelo64/PSUAoI/psu20080120_065801_002.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/SuperAngelo64/PSUAoI/psu20080120_064858_000.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/SuperAngelo64/PSUAoI/psu20080120_070819_004.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/SuperAngelo64/PSUAoI/psu20080120_071420_005.jpg

Jakosifer
Jan 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
In a party - Adaka Val: This one is a no brainer, 9/10 I don't get targeted by the enemy anyway, so running around bashing skulls in while being ignored by the enemy, despite doing insane damage to them...Makes me use this strictly in parties. Solo its kind of an instant kill, unless you want to waste the whole form dodging...

Solo on a non-Tech heavy area - Boggo Val: In an area where enemies don't generally use techs/or strong techs, this is easily my favorite. Doing heavy damage VIA JA, whilst taking little in return while wearing an HP restore makes this underrated form great for me.

Solo in a Tech heavy area - Vande Val: Since Boggo doesn't decrease the damage you take from techs at all, I prefer Vande in such areas, even if the time it stays active sucks.

So what that all means is that I don't really have a preferred one, seeing as how my playing situations vary all too often. If I was forced to pick one and stick with it and it only though...I'd probly go Adaka for the mass ownage (onto me and the enemy). >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2008-01-20 08:38 ]</font>

Billy960
Jan 20, 2008, 01:25 PM
I picked invincibility because my character is a Ranulf from Fire Emblem look alike lol.

Kylie
Jan 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
Red usually, sometimes purple.

AZKlegend
Jan 20, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm normally defence or attack... But usually defence becasue I am lots of time protranser...

cel
Jan 21, 2008, 12:08 AM
I voted blue since I am currently using it for soloing stuff I can barely handle at my sub100 level. Invincibility is teh sex for those powerful large-sized mobs.

Most of my experience has been as a red beastie because, yes, I'm there for DPS. I'll typically switch in and out of Red and Blue when I join a group because I can and I care. If I am blue and i your group with a competent techer, please do yell at me.

I have yet to try the other colors. The nice thing I have noticed (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that when you are Blue Beast Man/Woman Thing, the gauge fills up faster, therefore compensating somewhat for its shortened duration.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cel on 2008-01-20 21:10 ]</font>

3nascar3fan3
Jan 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
most of my friends use invinci because they dont want to rely on others and my wartecher friend actually LIKES the shorter time because that is less time he can support his allies O.o (somebody actually cares)

Leahcim
Jan 21, 2008, 04:09 AM
Purple - Invincibility

Reasoning: I solo a lot, so this saves me scape dolls

redroses
Jan 21, 2008, 05:10 AM
On 2008-01-20 00:40, DAMASCUS wrote:

On 2008-01-20 00:24, Ian-KunX wrote:

Being that your pic is from the PC I must say that the PS2/PS3 color(blue) for the defensive nanoblast does NOT look like that(groovy grape). Very odd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2008-01-20 00:43 ]</font>

I play on PS2 and the Defense version of the Nanoblast is purple. And the Invincable one is blue.

I do use the blue Nano because it's best for soloing, but when I am in a group I love to go with the color purple. Because I love that color! >=O

Doh42
Jan 21, 2008, 10:25 AM
Most of the time, my beast is a Wartecher (unless I'm leveling other types). Due to the fact I was the only techer/Force back when the game launched in my circle of friends, I quickly switched from Accuracy/Evade (which I loved the most at first) to invincibilty. The reasoning: The less time I'm nanoblasted, the more I can do my job (healing/support) properly.

When soloing, I can often go whole missions without ever nanoblasting; it's very good to get rid of annoying spawns and mini-bosses, but everytime I use it to kill stuff, part of me cry for the fact none of my PA are leveling up while I do! (Which is usually the reason I'm soloing). Recently, I've been using it when soloing Sakura Blast S to try and kill one or two of the five mini-bosses at the end of block 4.

Geo-quan
Jan 26, 2008, 06:55 AM
My Nano-blast is red. My beast girl, Beiuna, seem unstoppable (sspecially when she's equipped with HP Restore). Even tougher bosses fell to her.

landman
Jan 26, 2008, 07:23 AM
On 2008-01-21 01:09, Leahcim wrote:
Blue - Invincibility

The first one I tried was the agility one (yellow) but I hate shielding in normal combat I will not tolerate it while nanoblasting... Then I went for Invincible (blue) and it was good. Pre-expansion I switched to the defence one (purple) but it's lack of magic defence disappointed me -.- Finally in the expansion and it's easy mode I have switched to attack and I use it even soloing: nothing stands too much time to hurt me

Aralia
Jan 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
Red.. need a reason, look in my sig.

I'm aiming to make my beast "Aralia" as close to a character I created a while back. a crimson winged angel named Aralia.
I figure if I can't have wings, I'll have SOMETHING red...

R2D6battlebot
Jan 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
I do my job as a beast (fast damage) so that the healer is more inclined to so their job as a healer (heal duh ;3)