PDA

View Full Version : Is this Lame?

DRO
Jan 19, 2008, 08:08 PM
I have recently decided to give up on elemental armors. I have decided to stick with a neutral stormline. I picked the stormline because it is 11* so it must be pretty good, and it has 4 slots. I've done this for a couple reasons like not having to switch armors mid mission, (and possibly lose my headslot if i didn't have another 4 slot), I didn't like carrying 4 armors on me (i don't even like how clothes take up item slots), and I like that the neutral armor is decent against all elements (taking away the need for several armors). I mentioned this in another thread earlier and someone "lol @ neutral armors" ....implying that they suck. What do you think of my new decision? Is it lame? lol

Kamiense
Jan 19, 2008, 08:09 PM
Get elemental armors.

Telina
Jan 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
i believe stormline is a 10* armor. and its completely your preference. i like taking 300 damage from the buffed fire break mobs on my beast fortefighter. But its a pain to make 50% armor if your playing just for fun. it really doesn't matter unless you really care what people think about your character.

NPCMook
Jan 19, 2008, 08:28 PM
On 2008-01-19 17:18, Telina wrote:
But its a pain to make 50% armor if your playing just for fun.
If you are trying to make 50% armors you aren't just playing for fun...

There is no real Disadvantage, OR Benefit to wearing Neutral armor, you don't have a damage reduction, then again you also don't have a damage increase... so its a win/lose type of thing. Your call really do as you please...

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 08:28 PM
If you don't want to have to worry about switching armors, or tedious stuff like that, by all means, go green, or a low % ele armor of your fave color. Changing elements serves next to no purpose unless you have high % gear anyways.

RegulusHikari
Jan 19, 2008, 08:36 PM
Riddle me this. If I've heard so much that elemental % was nerfed, why is everyone still shitting themselves over a neutral armor?

IMHO, unless your armor is 30%+, I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

DRO
Jan 19, 2008, 08:37 PM
Oops stormline is 10*....but yeah, i know its really a matter of preference. Your opinions were not going to sway mine (unless there was some kind of ground breaking detail i did not think of). I was just interested in what everyone else thought. Thanks for the replies!

Mikura
Jan 19, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I don't think it's lame so much as...laziness? If you don't feel like switching armor all the time, neutral armor is fine. But I don't see how you do it. My FF and AT take a HUGE beating without the elemental defense backing them up so I can't imagine how many mates you'd burn through wearing neutral armor.

Laranas
Jan 19, 2008, 09:23 PM
I might switch to Neutral myself. I tend to wear 22%-ish lightning armors, and even against ground monsters I don't seem to take that much damage. Nor do I fight that many lightning mobs these days anyway, so I'll take the cheaper route and get plain-Jane neutral armor.

SATatami
Jan 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
stormline is gunner only, IIRC. So presumably, he's an FG. Meaning he's not in the fray like a FF or AT. So he doesn't really need the def.

gryphonvii
Jan 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
neutral armor is the human of armor

DRO
Jan 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yep, Im a cast Fihgunner/fortegunner

steely
Jan 19, 2008, 10:45 PM
the way i see it unless ur going have 4 armors of 30 %+ it wont make a huge difference. its also a good way to be cheap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif thats what i do with my alt characters

SStrikerR
Jan 19, 2008, 10:54 PM
This is a pretty good idea.

seph_monkey
Jan 20, 2008, 01:30 AM
no, i always though that about nuetral armors but yea ppl just "lol" at me while there switching between there 7 diffrent armors
also i found this to be usefull during pvp because then they wont use just one element on you depending on your armor

Tokagero
Jan 20, 2008, 01:42 AM
i used to use neutral but now i just bring 2 decent % armors of the opposite element depending on the mission i'm doing
or if the mission doesn't have many monsters with different elements i just bring 1 armor of the element the mission has the most of
not too many missions have monsters with opposing elements http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif except for this event mostly

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 20, 2008, 05:47 AM
elemental armors are superior to neutral...but...its not easy to stock up on S-rank ele armor, so if you make your first one neutral then make other elements as you find them it would make sense.

SolRiver
Jan 20, 2008, 06:48 AM
I make elemental armor base on what color it would fit my outfit...

Darkly
Jan 20, 2008, 07:30 AM
i just have 2 armours, one that matches my outfit, and the opposite element for when im fighting a mob thats the opposite to my first armour.

Jasam
Jan 20, 2008, 08:24 AM
I have two comletely unrelated elements for armour, neither of them are particulay high % though.

SAtaarcoeny
Jan 20, 2008, 08:38 AM
lol who said armors were nerfed it just seems that wat because of the wired amount df points we have applied to the att the monsters have .. but grab a 50% armor go to a 110 creature let it hit ur non elemental and u will take half of that damage within a 50 point range trust me i live for 50% (also get a legsless , 68% armor lol no damage)

hey is this my buddy dro that i havnt played with since i took a break from this game wtf msg me....

Kylie
Jan 20, 2008, 01:49 PM
I just carry two. I take the one in that area, and the opposite of that. So if I choose to go to another area and don't feel like going by my room, I just switch. Elemental % is nice, but it's not a huge difference to use one that's neutral.

Fure_Rakune
Jan 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
Originally when I made my first Stormline I wanted to go green with it, but at the last moment I felt the elemental percent would be through the roof!
Many hours later, my anticipation was rewarded with a 20% Fire Stormline. Not bad, so to remedy this I made another Stormline of the opposing element, Ice (which came out 10% so its basically neutral)
So with two stormlines of opposing elements, its like im wearing a neutral one!

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
On 2008-01-20 05:38, SAtaarcoeny wrote:
lol who said armors were nerfed
I believe Sonic Team said it, actually.

Powder Keg
Jan 20, 2008, 02:04 PM
Nothing wrong with it, Green is the best color after all.

Billy960
Jan 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
Well I tend to solo a lot now so I really wanted to get a decent armor set. My main is a fT too so an fT going around with neutral armor? Yeah thats not such a good idea since even 1 hit will probably kill you. But for fG it is a good idea since you probably aren't getting hit that often. In fact my fG only has 1 10% armor that I use.

Aviva
Jan 20, 2008, 02:50 PM
nvm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviva on 2008-01-20 12:16 ]</font>

stukasa
Jan 20, 2008, 04:56 PM
One good thing about elemental armor: If you can cancel out the damage completely you'll be immune to status effects. I can zero out barta and megid damage from some enemies, though I should point out I'm a Newman fT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Jan 20, 2008, 10:21 PM
I use neutral armor, I like my armor to block everything the same, also it matched the clothes I wore when I got it.

Libram
Jan 21, 2008, 01:21 AM
I don't have very strong armor, and that many different elements for that matter. The only character that has a full rainbow is Amelia, and without the elemental defense she'd be eating Scapes left and right when I decided to use my shotty.

Anduril
Jan 21, 2008, 01:45 AM
I wear a Neutral Hiragi-senba. Not so much for it not having any real elemental weakness, it's just because it was the cheapest Hiragi I could find... >_> <_<

DRO
Jan 21, 2008, 02:00 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting all these responces, thanks. Anyways just to update the thread, im still using the neutral. I swithced to guntecher and my set up is like this:
Neutral Stormline
Sori / tech charge
solid / power s
tero / gaurd (lol when i got home i saw i was still using a mega rainbow)
suv

It has been working out pretty good for me, but the robot boss on the new mission PwNeD me. The boss fights are when I miss the elemental def the most.

EngelBlut
Jan 21, 2008, 03:15 AM
its an ok idea i still use dark armor more cuz im always on the hive

Jainsea
Jan 21, 2008, 03:45 AM
Yea. Ive been thinking of doing the same with a good 4 slot armor.
For my FF, but my FT, she needs all the help she can get so high%
armor for her http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and I find myself carrying more armor then I care for due to this event atm -.- rghh! need more space Sega!! anyways it probally good idea for ranged types but not for Ft D:
If its working for you , more power to you then! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lineek
Jan 21, 2008, 04:20 AM
JAINSEA, IYA BABES

anyways on topic:

Thats a good idea if you only want one armour, especialy with the price of decent kit.
Personally i carry two pieces of armour on me for my Newman fortfighter i always try to have one light one dark as on the that maps that have these they are normally the 1 main element with hardly anything else reducing switching. but this is because i buy my armour. if i got a good S rank armour board. id make it neautral to. for the increased success and the fact its expensive to buy the opposit element from when you need it.

AZKlegend
Jan 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
No, but isn't there a slot item that makes it protect to all elements 10%

panzer_unit
Jan 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm making my Castest Line neutral. I usually wear an element that's un-opposed in an area so I get hit for non-elemental damage levels a lot anyway... the only thing I try and avoid is wearing wrong-element gear, 'cause that can result in some fast KO's.

I assume getting proper element stuff is more important for low-HP characters, where the extra damage reduction's necessary just to avoid getting wiped out on a bad critical or string of hits.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
some damage numbers:
grinning beta C with neutral stormline- 250 damage per bullet.

28% lightning stormline - 125 damage per bullet.

female newman AT, level 105