PDA

View Full Version : Mumblers.

Uncle_bob
Jan 20, 2008, 01:59 AM
Open your fucking mouth when you talk. Good lord.

I'm so tired of people coming up to me, mumbling, and then staring at me like I'm weird when I cannot interpret what they've just said. It won't kill you to make an attempt talk like a normal human being. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Sord
Jan 20, 2008, 05:51 AM
agreed, doesn't help i have no hearing in one ear. I already have to ask "what?" enough times as it is.

Sharkyland
Jan 20, 2008, 11:08 PM
I'm not used to raising my voice. :/ If I do, everyone thinks I'm angry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anduril
Jan 20, 2008, 11:38 PM
I"msorry. Ijustcan'thelpbuttosaymysentencesreallyquicklyandi nalowvoice. Ihaveselfconfidenceissues.
I know what you mean. But I tend to just say: "Could you please repeat that," until they reach the point where they scream it at me. Fun way to make people angry.

TheOneHero
Jan 21, 2008, 12:00 AM
pickles, cheese, extra pickles, cheese, some more cheese, pickles, I want my pickles...

I totally understand what you mean, however:

People could have problems with their jaw.
Don't realize they're talking so low.
Shy, nervous, etc. etc.

But the remaining 90% of people seriously do need to speak up, I had to deal with so much at the Theatre. ;-;

McLaughlin
Jan 21, 2008, 11:27 PM
On 2008-01-20 02:51, Sord wrote:
agreed, doesn't help i have no hearing in one ear. I already have to ask "what?" enough times as it is.

When I play games, I wear my headset on my left ear because I have almost no hearing ability in my right ear. Then my brother mumbles something at me FROM UPSTAIRS and gets pissed when I don't even hear him, much less understand.

Same thing with my mom, only she doesn't mumble. She just YELLS FROM THE TOP FLOOR OF THE HOUSE (my room's in the basement).

thunder-ray
Jan 22, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-01-20 21:00, TheOneHero wrote:
pickles, cheese, extra pickles, cheese, some more cheese, pickles, I want my pickles...

I totally understand what you mean, however:

People could have problems with their jaw.
Don't realize they're talking so low.
Shy, nervous, etc. etc.

But the remaining 90% of people seriously do need to speak up, I had to deal with so much at the Theatre. ;-;

I agree with you on that one though there are some people that choice to mumble for no reason what so ever.

Uncle_bob
Jan 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
I understand that there are people that for whatever reason have problems that prevent them from speaking normally.

This rant is just directed at the jackasses that are too incompetent and lazy to open their mouths and speak properly.