PDA

View Full Version : Something ST should add

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
for synthesis, there should be like a mini game to play that judges your items success, difficulty would be based on item rarity and allow us to make our own clothes. Just a thought.

tyler2zelda
Jan 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
Kinda good. They should add a card weap thingy that's a toaster and it fires waffles. XD

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 03:27 PM
They should let you use items on 0-9 hotkeys, similar to PSOBB.

Orin654
Jan 20, 2008, 03:30 PM
I wish they would add a salvage option.

You can take apart weapons to get there materials.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2008-01-20 12:37 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Jan 20, 2008, 03:30 PM
On 2008-01-20 12:27, Laranas wrote:
They should let you use items on 0-9 hotkeys, similar to PSOBB.

DavidNel
Jan 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
Actually, I like that idea... Even if it was just the mini-game, and it only SEEMED like it would help you.

Me likey mini-games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chuck_Norris
Jan 20, 2008, 03:33 PM
They should let us trade PA discs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-20 12:34 ]</font>

Rett
Jan 20, 2008, 03:33 PM
I think they should bring back the Monkey King staff (with animation) as a S rank double saber

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
I meant "make our own clothes" as in, actually DESIGNING our own clothes by like drawing pictures and putting items on the design (like colored gems for sequence or something).

Retniwreven
Jan 20, 2008, 04:20 PM
On 2008-01-20 13:15, superdood22 wrote:
I meant "make our own clothes" as in, actually DESIGNING our own clothes by like drawing pictures and putting items on the design (like colored gems for sequence or something).

*Imagines someone covered from head to toe in sparkly rainbow rhinestones*

D=

Omega_Weltall
Jan 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
On 2008-01-20 12:26, tyler2zelda wrote:
Kinda good. They should add a card weap thingy that's a toaster and it fires waffles. XD

That... is.... so... AWESOME!!!

Alizarin
Jan 20, 2008, 04:52 PM
They should let us change our height and weight at the makeover shop because ... well ... my newman kind of went overboard on the Rice Cakes , Gourmet Chocolates and Koltova Juice during the holidays. Not to mention my Human has some growing up to do. We're given the option to change face shapes already, so why not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizarin on 2008-01-20 13:53 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 05:05 PM
On 2008-01-20 13:52, Alizarin wrote:
They should let us change our height and weight at the makeover shop because ... well ... my newman kind of went overboard on the Rice Cakes , Gourmet Chocolates and Koltova Juice during the holidays. Not to mention my Human has some growing up to do. We're given the option to change face shapes already, so why not?
People change their faces all the time in real life, but I don't see what many height changes.

They also need to let the Jukebox be shared across the account as well. Buying a song with my silver should give all my characters access to it, not just one.

Alizarin
Jan 20, 2008, 05:15 PM
On 2008-01-20 14:05, Laranas wrote:
People change their faces all the time in real life, but I don't see what many height changes.

They also need to let the Jukebox be shared across the account as well. Buying a song with my silver should give all my characters access to it, not just one.

That's true, I was thinking it would be nice to have the option, especially since there are other parts of the body that can change quickly.

Oh, and I agree with the Jukebox option. Or at least have the option to revert them back to discs like with PAs.

Squid_Gogglez
Jan 20, 2008, 05:32 PM
Great concepts here. I really like the idea's i see in this thread.

Telina
Jan 20, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'd like to see more reasons for items implimented. By that, i mean more uses for items such as citriads, rubiniads, or morbinia. It just bothers me everytime i pick up a citriad in sleeping warriors and say, well...thats ANOTHER one for a gaozoran rod that will never be made. some things have more than one "frequented" purpose like goldania but they all should have different uses...

Squid_Gogglez
Jan 20, 2008, 05:51 PM
If we had a quest to earn a chance for 100% chance of grind success.
Now that would so own and should take like +10 grinder and another rare item to exchange along with.

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
Also there was this game called Tenchi No Mon where you could make your own combos, well ST should make it where every little swing or attack of a PA can be divided apart, and a player is given a grid with 8 square spaces in it and starts at lv.1 with only the first square of the left side of the grid is highlighted, the more the player uses this grid the more spaces it gains meaning the more attacks you can add into it.

This would be called "PA build". Also it would cost PA Frags to divide a PA. Rare PA pieces would have to be found in the wild.

You would not level up any of the PA pieces, but the grid itself, the grid would have a damage mod, however it would fluctuate pending on the PA piece you add.

And players would be given a color pallete and a color value thingy where they can scroll around, and select the color they want for each specific PA piece or go by the level colors. You would not be allowed to add special additions like sparkles and what not, only common aura.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-01-20 15:14 ]</font>

ninexio
Jan 20, 2008, 06:01 PM
On 2008-01-20 14:56, superdood22 wrote:
Also there was this game called Tenchi No Mon where you could make your own attacks, well ST should make it where every little swing or attack of a PA is divided apart, and a player is given a grid with 8 square spaces in it and starts at lv.1 with only the first square of the left side of the grid is highlighted, the more the player uses this grid the more spaces it gains meaning the more attacks you can add into it.

This would be called "PA build". Also it would cost PA Frags to divide a PA. Rare PA pieces would have to be found in the wild.

You would not level up any of the PA pieces, but the grid itself, the grid would have a damage mod, however it would fluctuate pending on the PA piece you add.

And players would be given a color pallete and a color value thingy where they can scroll around, and select the color they want for each specific PA piece or go by the level colors. You would not be allowed to add special additions like sparkles and what not, only common aura.

That sounds really cool!

BaconZero
Jan 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
On 2008-01-20 14:56, superdood22 wrote:
Also there was this game called Tenchi No Mon where you could make your own combos, well ST should make it where every little swing or attack of a PA can be divided apart, and a player is given a grid with 8 square spaces in it and starts at lv.1 with only the first square of the left side of the grid is highlighted, the more the player uses this grid the more spaces it gains meaning the more attacks you can add into it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-01-20 15:14 ]</font>

XD wow, someone else that knows of that game!! sweet, that would be a really cool idea, seeing as how some parts of PAs are better then others, it would be cool to at least combine the different pieces.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaconZero on 2008-01-20 15:25 ]</font>

Bliven
Jan 20, 2008, 06:33 PM
customization in a sonic team game... GTFO

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 06:37 PM
^who are you again? what are you talking about? sonic team games do have customization so what are you saying? this is just a topic about how ST could expand it.

Retniwreven
Jan 20, 2008, 08:00 PM
ST should give Bruce some hair-growth tonic. His reflective head frightens me.

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 08:02 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:00, Retniwreven wrote:
ST should give Bruce some hair-growth tonic. His reflective head frightens me.Bruce's reflective head is part of the reason he's a true badass. If Sonic Team got rid of it they'd be doing Gurhal a great disservice.

Retehi
Jan 20, 2008, 08:07 PM
Gambling is already the only way people can get their weapons, why add even more gambling within gambling?

Sinue_v2
Jan 20, 2008, 08:08 PM
It would be nice if you could have easy access to your alts rooms, without having to set up shops on them and searching for those shops. You should also be able to interact with your other characters rooms and PMs as if you were on that character. It would save a lot of time and hassle logging in and out to transfer materials, decorations, etc.

Also, get rid of crystals and bring back telepipes. This is Phantasy Star, not Final Fantasy. Even if they serve the exact same function as they currently do, change the graphic to represent a telepipe. Or a teleporter of some sort at least. This is supposed to be sci-fi.

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 08:21 PM
Thats also another thing i meant to say, however I looked at it as this, ST would set up 6 telepipes near every airship take off thing (placements would vary) each 1 with matching colors to the 6 party colors in precise order from left to right.

When a player purchase aand uses a telepipe, the telepipe would take color of that characters party color position, so anyone that enters that telepipe would appear in the dynamic telepipe thats of matching color in the lobby (like in PSO), vise versa when a party member enters one.

However if a player has not set down a telepipe of matching color players cant enter that matching teleipe in the lobby (to indicate whether you can or cant, the name of the telepipes destination will show when a player walks within one, there wont be a name if the player cannot enter it).

Another thought would be to limit scape dolls to only 5 and not be purchasable from shops, and raise the moon atomizer limit to 20. sortof forcing the amount of team work needed in game.

superdood22
Jan 20, 2008, 08:24 PM
I have a huge list of ideas and junk but cant speak/write japanese. If anyone who can translate, send it to ST from the Jpn website, and wouldnt mind to do so, please contact me if your reading this. The above ones are only a potion of the list, Helperbot wasnt much help when I sent simple mail to him.

Laranas
Jan 20, 2008, 08:38 PM
On 2008-01-20 17:21, superdood22 wrote:
Another thought would be to limit scape dolls to only 5 and not be purchasable from shops, and raise the moon atomizer limit to 20. sortof forcing the amount of team work needed in game.
At launch, Scape Dolls weren't available in shops. Or they were and 5000 meseta was way too high for our wallets back then, I forget. Either way it didn't work out too well, and the death penalty made things a lot less fun then it should've been. If Giresta wasn't a frag PA, I'd support not having Scapes in stores.. but since it is, we need a way to revive ourselves past Moons.

Also, your idea about being able to access another character's PM completely ruins the whole idea behind the common box. They don't want you to have easy access between characters, but give you the ability if you really need to transfer.

I've always wondered, though: What if anyone could invite their PM to a group, as long as you still had 6 (or less) combatants and 2 NPCs total?

Sinue_v2
Jan 20, 2008, 08:53 PM
About telepipes - they can't work like they did in PSO, because the city lobby where you resupply isn't instanced anymore. What IS instanced, is the mission select screen. So the way I see it, you wouldn't have different colored telepipes. You would have 1 telepipe for the entire party. If someone else lays down a new pipe, the old one disappears. When a telepipe is layed down, a "Telepipe" option on the mission menu appears (or highlights). Select that, you and warp directly into the action at the appropriate block. When you enter the telepipe from in the game, it dumps you directly back into the town or nearest field lobby.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
On 2008-01-20 12:30, Orin654 wrote:
I wish they would add a salvage option.

You can take apart weapons to get there materials.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2008-01-20 12:37 ]</font>

Kietrinia
Jan 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
Another thought would be to limit scape dolls to only 5 and not be purchasable from shops, and raise the moon atomizer limit to 20. sortof forcing the amount of team work needed in game.I would only support that if they added a prompt to use a scape doll or wait for someone to revive you.

There are maps where you are killed at least five times in a 30 second period often, like the Firebreak block in Protectors Alpha, or facing all the Orcdillans in the Mother Brain map.

If you're limited to 5 scapes, you may as well not carry any at all unless there were a way to use them only when it's really needed.

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 11:59 AM
Here is a way to make it work even better, when a player is incapacitated a 10 sec death count down that would appear above their corpse. If they are not revived within that time limit and the counter reaches zero, the player would turn into a ghost and be capable of possesing other players but would be inable to make them attack or do anything (like bomberman). That would be a way of revenge for not helping them or to get their attention. LOL.

Another feature they should put in this game is a HIT combo counter. It would start after the second hit of a player within synch with the first then it would begin to count more and more hits in synch with the combo of that player until they stop, each player would have their own counter, then there would be one main HIT counter on the top left screen, left side of the radar, that is the entire sum of hits added up from all players combos together. This would result in players to consult with others to try and come up with a strategy to make a ver long combination of attacks.

Rett
Jan 21, 2008, 02:06 PM
On 2008-01-21 08:20, Kietrinia wrote:

Another thought would be to limit scape dolls to only 5 and not be purchasable from shops, and raise the moon atomizer limit to 20. sortof forcing the amount of team work needed in game.I would only support that if they added a prompt to use a scape doll or wait for someone to revive you.

There are maps where you are killed at least five times in a 30 second period often, like the Firebreak block in Protectors Alpha, or facing all the Orcdillans in the Mother Brain map.

If you're limited to 5 scapes, you may as well not carry any at all unless there were a way to use them only when it's really needed.

I agree, I think that they need to ask you if you want to use a scapedoll, kinda like In the Legend of Zelda Orcina of time with the Fairies. If you died "do you want to use a scapedoll ?" "Yes or No". That way when I bring them just in case the Dulk kills us all, I don't use them when I get megided mid mission.

VanHalen
Jan 21, 2008, 04:01 PM
They need to add a universe crystal in the 5th floor of the Guardians Colony D:

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 21, 2008, 04:12 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:01, VanHalen wrote:
They need to add a universe crystal in the 5th floor of the Guardians Colony D:

Yeah. I hate how we have to run out of the Guardians HQ and back to change universes.

BFGfreak
Jan 23, 2008, 01:51 AM
Anti-Aliasing for 360

Libram
Jan 23, 2008, 09:35 AM
Ideas I like so far:
Reclamation/Salvage
Alt room access (I'd be willing to accept a return to char selection after deciding to log out)

kurisu1974
Jan 23, 2008, 10:30 AM
I miss the auto-reply mail from PSO. So people will know you're AFK when they mail you.

Noblewine
Jan 23, 2008, 03:27 PM
On 2008-01-20 11:44, superdood22 wrote:
for synthesis, there should be like a mini game to play that judges your items success, difficulty would be based on item rarity and allow us to make our own clothes. Just a thought.

NO I like the way it is now. Beside the way is it now it doesn't matter if a grind fails because a weapon won't break.

JarinKail
Jan 23, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-01-22 22:51, BFGfreak wrote:
Anti-Aliasing for 360

Oh god yes. God please yes.