PDA

View Full Version : Drop patterns? Faster the run? Better the drops?

indescribably
Jan 20, 2008, 05:07 PM
My friends and I have fun been hunting the day the event started and the only drop we got worth mentioning would be a kan yu. is there a certain time limit you hyave to clear the mission in for all the good 11 stars to drop? or is everythinhg stil completely random? and i curse my 3star luck. kthxbye

SATatami
Jan 20, 2008, 05:09 PM
No. You just wanna hope the RNG goes your way.

Telina
Jan 20, 2008, 06:50 PM
In anticipation of the next post,

RNG = Random Number Generator

SATatami
Jan 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
On 2008-01-20 15:50, Telina wrote:
In anticipation of the next post,

RNG = Random Number Generator

Or, in his case, RNG= Satan.

cel
Jan 20, 2008, 11:49 PM
This is the kind of information only the developers and those close to the devs would know completely about. This kind of stuff is a closely guarded secret and you'd be hard-pressed to get a 100% accurate answer from someone. /tinfoil

I've been hunting the S event nearly nonstop with a buddy of mine and the bossboxes have been atrociously full of garbage. I can even tell you whats in those boxes before they are busted in most cases. No matter the boss, be it Duck Fark, Homosexual Gargoyleman and his red boyfriend, or Annoyo-Bot 7000, the boxes have been crap. I mean crap, ladies and gentlemen. (end bitching and moaning)

So we had this idea. Maybe I should stop busting all the boxes simultaneously and the RNG would do a better job of being random. Seemingly no effect. But I am convinced there is some kind of gimmick to how things drop on top of the RNG. This game has one of the faultier RNG's I have ever seen in an MMO, and I though WoW had the worst. Take for example the success chance when you synth something. How many times have you tried making a 70% success-channce thingie and have it fail? Or a 50%+ chance of a 3/3 item and have only 1/3 succeed? There is a word for that, my friends, and that word is BS.

The only time I saw something decent was a har / quick and this was my first run on Friday morning with my nurse with a whip. Needless to say, someone else got it, and I never saw it again. Everything else since then has been sub-par, bar none.

Despite my QQing I hope I offered some advice and maybe sparked a debate on 'gimmicks' and 'tricks' on how stuff is dropped. Pretty sure there is a trick to it.

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah. All RNGs can be exploited. but in a game like this, you don't see the number. Or the seed number. In PSO, the seed number was the "beats". There are some games you can completely use the RNG to win the game at level 1. Fire Emblem, for example.

cel
Jan 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
Also, this may be a coincidence (though I dont believe in the usual form of coincidence), but I have consistently noticed better drops when I bust boss boxes with a whip. Try busting with different weapons if you'd like and see if you get an intriguing result.

An alternative theory I had was that my Newman has better "meshing" with the RNG than my Beast. I joked with my buddy saying "maybe that's the case because SEGA designed Newmans to be gimped compared to the other races and they had to compensate somehow."

I KID. REALLY. Im joking. I love my newman. If only she weren't so gimped in basic combat mechanics.

Seriously. Kidding. (nervously coughs)

necman
Jan 21, 2008, 09:35 AM
I don't know about using different weapons to get different stuff but I find better items without any luck. With luck I find loads of rares but always kersiline and stuff. Considering I had 6 boards in pm needing over 100 kerseline maybe it was my luck pitching in for me. In this case anyway.

cel
Jan 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
On 2008-01-21 06:35, necman wrote:
I don't know about using different weapons to get different stuff but I find better items without any luck. With luck I find loads of rares but always kersiline and stuff. Considering I had 6 boards in pm needing over 100 kerseline maybe it was my luck pitching in for me. In this case anyway.

Now this is interesting. Coincidence? Probably not. I'm currently making a crazy thread "the RNG is flawed here is proof, sort of" so hopefully we can all collaborate more in depth about how this system works.

On the other hand, I have been encoutering heaps of Kerseline amongst other things, so this could simply be the loot pattern of the VR map itself. Yeah, that's probably it, but still, I don't want to discount your observation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cel on 2008-01-22 05:49 ]</font>

Snitch
Jan 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
T_T but xp is great though.. hrhr..

Rashiid
Jan 22, 2008, 09:59 AM
I always looked at it as a roulette.
It keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. and once the last enemy is killed (boss in this case), it stops.

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 10:01 AM
On 2008-01-22 06:59, Rashiid wrote:
It keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. and once the last enemy is killed (boss in this case), it stops.

I have no idea why I laughed so hard at that. I feel like such a nerd. -_-;

pikachief
Jan 22, 2008, 11:03 AM
On 2008-01-22 06:59, Rashiid wrote:

but they said they could figure out the random number generator.... but the roulet has a random number generator... Y CANT WE FIND THAT ONE!!?

lol i still think the roulette has a partern, it just runs on an equation, thats y it seems as if its always random >.>