PDA

View Full Version : Elitism at it's finest, with a shred of assuming.

Mystil
Jan 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
Alright so I'm the leader of a party..I invite a guy I KNOW I'VE NEVER PLAYED WITH BEFORE.. and he said..

"This party sucks" And left. Now my reaction was.."What the hell?"

So I POLITELY ASKED HIM why he left. NO harm right? I just wanted to know. And he said because our lvls are too low to finish magas route fast.

Granted he was right but this is where it got uncessary. I told him he was right but he probably shouldn't have that attitude as it could create enemies. (I said it just like that).

He proceeds to say that with a FT with megid he could clear the WHOLE ROUTE in 13 minutes and that me and the rest of my party were low lvl noobs(my alt was 101 at the time, and the other players were 91 and 93). That pissed me off. Giving him a dose of his own attitude, I told him I could grab my 120 beast FF and outdamage him anytime I wanted >_>, he was a human anyway. These people aren't the only ones who can act like big shots and make sweeping generalizations.

I don't know how he got so high. If I cared about speed, time limits, etc, I'd be leaving parties left and right. These elitist people need to stop joining randoms because they are wasting thier time and only going to end up on a lot of people blacklists.

The guy used "lvls" as a gauge for experience. This is also assuming. Just because somebody isn't 110+ doesn't mean they are "noobs". And speaking as a high lvl who is about to have two capped characters, I like to play with other people reguardless of thier fucking STATS. 30min, 40min runs, so what. Some class setups can't go as fast, big deal. At the end of the day you're still going to get 4-5 lvls >_>.

I'd threw his name out there, but I feel he isn't worth it. Some people have already encountered this guy anyway. And I asked nicely dammit, I didn't flame him in the first two mails >:/.

Darkly
Jan 20, 2008, 08:12 PM
he was a jerk, but then again i try to get good parties together because i dont have the physical time to pratt about on this game anymore. However you were all plenty high enough levels anyway so its just more stupid elitism for ya

amtalx
Jan 21, 2008, 08:37 AM
I say, if he can clear it in 13 minutes by himself...than go do it. Jackass.

Mystil
Jan 21, 2008, 11:40 AM
I'm sure he meant that he's done it with his other elitist friends.

amtalx
Jan 21, 2008, 11:54 AM
Ah-HA! But he's still a jackass. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Noblewine
Jan 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't just booted the person if he smarted ya off. Theirs no point in keeping someon till the run is over.

Mystil
Jan 21, 2008, 05:43 PM
I didn't have a chance to. He left on his own before I even clicked "Start Mission".