PDA

View Full Version : Brand new class idea

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 04:22 PM
With the introduction of the "Master Class" coming in the near future, it got me thinking. What about an addition to the basic three classes? We have Force, Hunter and Ranger so I had an idea for another basic class:

Ark (Advanced Class: Fortesummoner)

The name is taken directly from PSO Episode III's "Arkz" and the class plays very similarly to that of Episode III.

Basically the "Ark" class will exclusively be able equip a certain type of weapon, which I've named 'Germ' (taken from Ep. 3 again!) and basically it acts much like a Forces Wand/Rod weapons. The 'Germ' weapon isn't used for melee but solely used for Summoning a Creature. Just like technics, different Creatures will be available in Disc form and only one can be attached per 'germ' weapon (just like how only 2 technic discs can be attached to a wand).

Playstyle

Summoning a Creature requires an amount of PP. Once summoned, the Creature will stand beside your character and always follow you very closely (you cannot dump it in the middle of the battlefield and run off to safety). The 'Germ' weapon will now display a maximum of 2 PA's, which the Creature can use (e.g. Attack or a technic attack etc.) and pressing the relevant button will get your summoned creature to use the relevant PA against the foes. Each creature has its own stats and health and each of their PA's will cost PP (taken from the equipped 'germ' weapon). If the summoned creature is killed in battle, a chunk of the Player/summoner health will be depleted. Team mates can heal the summoned creature, however its health will not show up in the side (making it slightly difficult to heal)

Germ Weapon

Aesthetically speaking, this weapon will be something that is attached directly over the arm, or some could say a rather large glove that goes right up to the shoulder.

The Germ weapon will be single handed and can be equipped in either the right or left hand (depending on the weapon). Each Germ weapon will have different stat boosts (its important to note that your player stats directly correlate with your summoned creature, e.g. having high ATP will make your summoned creature attack harder) so some Germ Weapons will have high ATP, whilst others will favour TP etc. So its a good idea to attach a Force type creature to a Germ Weapon that is abundant in TP. The stat boost of the Germ Weapon is not exclusive to itself and will effect the weapon that you have in your other hand (e.g. Equipping a Germ Weapon, which boosts ATA will make your Handgun more accurate if you have it paired)

Creatures

To avoid confusion, I had the idea that most (if not all) summoned creature will be the exact same creatures we've seen from "Phantasy Star Online". So think of the exact skins and the attack, and that's basically what the summoned creature will be. At levels 11, 21, 31 the Creature will gain new abilities or other advantages. An example being:

Rag Rappy (lvl 1-10) - Summon one Rag Rappy. 1st PA: Peck, 2nd PA: N/A

(lvl 11-20) - Summon two Rag Rappies simultaneously

and so on...

Ultimate PA's could be summoning a C-Sorcerer who can use a RA technics for one PA and use heal as another.

So good idea/bad idea? Any input or additional things to be added to this class would be great and it would also be nice to see some ideas for summoned creatures and what attacks they will be able to use!

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 04:26 PM
As much as that'd be fun, that idea's about as far off as newman summons and black beasts with twin axes. =/ Plus, it'd be boring if all you could do is sit still ad watch your pet kill. It'd be better if you donned a "way of the rappy"attack stance or something and YOU use those PAs, with the rappy mimicking you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-21 13:29 ]</font>

vfloresjr24
Jan 21, 2008, 04:27 PM
sounds like a good idea to me.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 21, 2008, 04:32 PM
Bad idea.

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 04:33 PM
^Those 2 rumors arent alike in anyway, and the alterazgoug has very suspicious attacks that seem like they could be doable by forces (aka dark and light birds, dammegid and grant casting spirits). Germ sounds too science-fictiony and in lack of better words... lame, just stick to rods and wands.

Offtopic : Why cant forces attack with rods and wands anymore? btw inb4finalfantasy.

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 04:34 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:33, superdood22 wrote:

Offtopic : Why cant forces attack with rods and wands anymore? btw inb4finalfantasy.

Was there ever a point to it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Besides beating a rappy to death with your might beating stick of doooom. >.>

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 04:35 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:32, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Bad idea.

Not so much a "bad" idea since so many other games have done this and has turned out to be fun to use, just bad concept.

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:35, superdood22 wrote:

On 2008-01-21 13:32, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Bad idea.

Not so much a "bad" idea since so many other games have done this and has turned out to be fun to use, just bad concept.

Yeah. It's like, go play WoW or something as a hunter, and don't do anything while your pet attacks. Is that any fun at all? >_>

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 04:37 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:34, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-01-21 13:33, superdood22 wrote:

Was there ever a point to it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Besides beating a rappy to death with your might beating stick of doooom. >.>

I mean since the vol guy can hit you so hard it knocks you back, I dont see why not. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 04:38 PM
Well to summon many spirit thingies at the same time and watch the numbers fly doesnt sound so bad to me. WoW is nothing like this game, the only thing in common with the two is online. Those birds didnt seem like they would disappoint.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-01-21 13:40 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 21, 2008, 04:39 PM
No, it's just a bad idea. This doesn't at all fit with the gameplay of PSU.

Stefanhizzle
Jan 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
well if you ask me i think it sounds like a good idea.. If u were to tweak it a bit.

Maybe it sits there next to you and it attacks on its own while you attack with your own weapons..
just have it for a set amount of time.

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 04:42 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:38, superdood22 wrote:
Well to summon many spirit thingies at the same time and watch the numbers fly doesnt sound so bad to me. WoW is nothing like this game, the only thing in common with the two is online.

You're missing the point. His class would act the same as a hunter on WoW that only lets his pet do the attacking. It doesn't matter how different the games are, it's still basically the same thing. Okay, do the same with a beastmaster on FFXI. Still bored? >_> Yeeeeaaaah, I thought so. Give me some combat abilities with my summons/pets, and I'm good to go. inb4narrowmindedfoolswhocantseetheconceptofconcept

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 04:44 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:26, SATatami wrote:
As much as that'd be fun, that idea's about as far off as newman summons and black beasts with twin axes. =/ Plus, it'd be boring if all you could do is sit still ad watch your pet kill. It'd be better if you donned a "way of the rappy"attack stance or something and YOU use those PAs, with the rappy mimicking you.

The way it works is, you press the Square or Triangle button (assuming you're on the PS2 version) and your summoned creature next to you will do the relevant attack. So it's not the case of summoning the Creature and standing there as you watch it in battle, you are directly controlling when it attacks and when it doesn't. Also, since the Creature follows you very closely, moving around will be a necessity as well as attacking at the right time. In essence you are controlling the Summoned creature through your character. On top of that, you will still be able to pair single handed weapons so you've always got that option too!

superdood22 wrote:
Germ sounds too science-fictiony and in lack of better words... lame, just stick to rods and wands.

I have to admit, Germ doesn't sound too good in my books either but that's basically what the story of PSO Episode III revolves around - Germ is some sort of substance the Government have used to create techonolgy called C.A.R.D and the Arkz use it to summon and control Creatures such as Hildebears and such. The whole summoning aspect is taken directly from PSO Episode III.

sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bad idea.

Damn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
Lol, well if thats how you feel...? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Doesnt at all fit its gameplay? That doesnt make any sence, if it would involve photons... somehow it would fit (Photon Blast worked great in PSO, combining PB drastically raised your stats or did great damage (like 1.5k or around that if it had high IQ), it could be similar to this).

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 04:50 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:39, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
No, it's just a bad idea. This doesn't at all fit with the gameplay of PSU.

Well this idea is heavily influence from PSO: Episode III http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I do see what you mean though, but with enough tweaking I can see this fitting in with the fast paced action of PSU. I remember the time when everyone was hoping for a Whip based weapon for PSU but I as well as others dismissed the idea as something that just wouldn't work. Actually I'm not even sure if it does work since I don't have AoI yet!

Pillan
Jan 21, 2008, 04:52 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if a summoning class appeared in a later expansion.

But I would expect whatever ST calls the summoning weapons to not effect the other hand in any way. Something like attaching 2 summons to the 1 hand germ weapons (one left and one right) and 4 to the 2 hand one, much like the tech system. And, of course, as soon as you switch weapons, the summon is instantly destroyed. Otherwise, it stays active until it loses HP or you’re incapacitated.

The summon would probably follow you and attack like any NPC, but with the AI of the enemy itself when mobs appear in range. I'd expect a 4 summon limit at any time.

I’d expect the summon strength to be based on your character level and then multiplied by the summon level (so a 100 character with level 1 summons would summon a level 81, and a level 120 with 40 summons, or something like that).

To differentiate between your summon and enemies, the obvious difference would be the inability to attack them (since you can’t attack allies period…) and hopefully they’ll have like green circle icons or something.

And, of course, they’d need a hunter, ranger, and force cross versions. I’d expect the basic version to have low level access to skills, bullets, and techs (10/10/10/10/20) and the forte- version to have a slightly higher access (20/20/20/20/40), last slot being summons.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-21 13:53 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 04:53 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:50, TheFonz wrote:
the fast paced action of PSU.

Since when has it been fast? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif It chugs along at a normalish speed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seriously, though, they should add a fastforward m ode on here where it goes 3 times as fast. Would be funny. *looks at Devil MAy Cry 3's turbo mode* Ahahaha.... ha.

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 04:54 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:42, SATatami wrote:

Well to summon many spirit thingies at the same time and watch the numbers fly doesnt sound so bad to me. WoW is nothing like this game, the only thing in common with the two is online.

I love scat.

Ummm... wow, calm the fuck down. Im not gonna argue to you about this (are you that simple to argue with me and not just talk about the topic? grow up). Anywho, I have never been bored of being a summoner and if I did I would just switch to another class (duh), it would be a good idea (ugh, If you were in my party I would so boot you... douche).

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 04:56 PM
Since when has it been fast? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif It chugs along at a normalish speed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seriously, though, they should add a fastforward m ode on here where it goes 3 times as fast. Would be funny. *looks at Devil MAy Cry 3's turbo mode* Ahahaha.... ha.

Compared to WoW, this game is on Speed.

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:02 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:52, Pillan wrote:

But I would expect whatever ST calls the summoning weapons to not effect the other hand in any way. Something like attaching 2 summons to the 1 hand germ weapons (one left and one right) and 4 to the 2 hand one, much like the tech system. And, of course, as soon as you switch weapons, the summon is instantly destroyed. Otherwise, it stays active until it loses HP or you’re incapacitated.

The summon would probably follow you and attack like any NPC, but with the AI of the enemy itself when mobs appear in range. I'd expect a 4 summon limit at any time.

I’d expect the summon strength to be based on your character level and then multiplied by the summon level (so a 100 character with level 1 summons would summon a level 81, and a level 120 with 40 summons, or something like that).

To differentiate between your summon and enemies, the obvious difference would be the inability to attack them (since you can’t attack allies period…) and hopefully they’ll have like green circle icons or something.

And, of course, they’d need a hunter, ranger, and force cross versions. I’d expect the basic version to have low level access to skills, bullets, and techs (10/10/10/10/20) and the forte- version to have a slightly higher access (20/20/20/20/40), last slot being summons.

Very different from the idea I'm proposing, but I like it none-the-less! Where my idea is basically about summoning only one Creature at a time and controlling them against foes, your idea is about summoning a variety of Creatures simultaneously and battling along side with them. What would be great with your idea is summoning Creatures that really compliment each other in battle, so in certain circumstances it forces you to use your head when you're summoning, I like it!

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 05:02 PM
On 2008-01-21 13:54, superdood22 wrote:

On 2008-01-21 13:42, SATatami wrote:

I love scat.

Ummm... wow, calm the fuck down. Im not gonna argue to you about this (are you that simple to argue with me and not just talk about the topic? grow up). Anywho, I have never been bored of being a summoner and if I did I would just switch to another class (duh), it would be a good idea (ugh, If you were in my party I would so boot you... douche).

Ya know.. You're the one acting immature, what with the changing of my quote to something I didn't even say to make it degrading, and the cussing and the name-calling and all that. I presented a viable comparison to what the class sounded like and you bite it down because "this is PSU, you're not allowed to make comparisons to other games." >.> I'm honestly not trying to be an ass at all, but you've gone and blow it all out of proportion with your OWN douchebagness. Way to go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Now let's drop the subject and get back on subject. We can act like civilized people, so let's do that, aight? On the subject of the game... I CAN see this class working out in PSU, even with it having no weapons other than Germ, Saber, and Handgun... Concept just needs a bit of tweaking.

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 05:04 PM
On 2008-01-21 14:02, TheFonz wrote:

On 2008-01-21 13:52, Pillan wrote:

Very different from the idea I'm proposing, but I like it none-the-less! Where my idea is basically about summoning only one Creature at a time and controlling them against foes, your idea is about summoning a variety of Creatures simultaneously and battling along side with them. What would be great with your idea is summoning Creatures that really compliment each other in battle, so in certain circumstances it forces you to use your head when you're summoning, I like it!

Controlling the creatures? I thought you were just battling alongside them in the first place. I'd give my soul to control an army of rappies.... >.> Oh, and sorry for that random argument in your topic. My comments tend to sound more dickish than they actually are. ^_^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-21 14:13 ]</font>

Bolvyn
Jan 21, 2008, 05:07 PM
I would have to say we have to many classes now. I think we need to have some classes that we have now and expand on them. Like fortagunner with S rank miching guns and twin hand guns for an example.

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
Controlling the creatures? I thought you were just battling alondside them in the first place. I'd give my soul to control an army of rappies.... >.>

Yeah, you're controlling the Creature through the character. Here's what I wrote before:

The way it works is, you press the Square or Triangle button (assuming you're on the PS2 version) and your summoned creature next to you will do the relevant attack. So it's not the case of summoning the Creature and standing there as you watch it in battle, you are directly controlling when it attacks and when it doesn't. Also, since the Creature follows you very closely, moving around will be a necessity as well as attacking at the right time. In essence you are controlling the Summoned creature through your character. On top of that, you will still be able to pair single handed weapons so you've always got that option too!

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:09 PM
Edit: Please delete Mr. Mod!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-01-21 14:21 ]</font>

Pillan
Jan 21, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-01-21 14:02, TheFonz wrote:

That was pretty much the only way to survive as an Arkz on ep3. I wouldn't expect it to be much different on PSU. Weak offensive stats for the ability to summon a few creatures to attack for you. I'd love to have a couple Svaltus from my right hand while my Madoog Shiftas and Zodials them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-21 14:17 ]</font>

Bolvyn
Jan 21, 2008, 05:10 PM
I would have to say we have to many classes now. I think we need to have some classes that we have know and expand on them. Like fortagunner with S rank miching guns and twin hand guns for an example.

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:11 PM
Edit: Curse you FORUMS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-01-21 14:21 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 05:17 PM
you guys got double posted from hell. XD

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:19 PM
Crazy double posting

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 05:20 PM
Indeed, Fonz. Eeeeeeeeeyyyy. Anyways, I really should play PSO3 sometime. How good of a game is it? *this is kinda offtopic, but ehhh*

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
Eeeey! I thought it was a really great game. It was heavily underrated but that's probably because it was a Card based game. That being said, it's not like Magic the Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh in anyway and the fact that you're using Cards isn't glaringly obvious since you actually saw what you summoned in the flesh!

As a single player game its definitely worth it, but I think the servers have been shut down so there's no longer any online play. But I definitely recommend it, it's really cleverly made and balanced (much unlike PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Lady-Kismet
Jan 21, 2008, 05:29 PM
As nice as it is to think up these ideas, may they be great or horrible, there's not much point in doing so because it's not like it's ever going to happen... So it's probably better to keep fantasies to one's self in order to avoid the jeering of fellow PSU gamers.

Either that or if you feel THAT passionate about it, just go express it in fanfiction format or something...

Pillan
Jan 21, 2008, 05:30 PM
The main problem with PSO ep3 is that it had PSO in the title. It played nothing like PSO/U, so all the PSO fans who bought the game instantly hated it. As a stand-alone game, it's great for those who like strategy RPGs/card games.

But, yeah, I'm hoping they actually bring it back. I mean, they brought whips in after all the years of requesting it, so I doubt an enemy summoning class is that far behind.

EDIT:

And, yeah, no one's going to care about ideas like this, nor if one gets implemented. It's just another option. And, like every option, it's not going to really make people who like the current classes play anything else. It's not like everyone plays AF and AT now when ST added those. They all play fF because they boosted the class ATP advantage from 10% to 20% and gave them slicers and Jabroga.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-21 14:35 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hmm. I'll give it a try sometime... http://www.amazon.com/Phantasy-Star-Online-R-D-Revolution/dp/B000160MEM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1200954453&sr=8-1

12 bucks? hell yeah. definitely going to pick it up.

Bolvyn
Jan 21, 2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry about that. what lag.

Bolvyn
Jan 21, 2008, 05:35 PM
It's a good game you should try it out some time.

TheFonz
Jan 21, 2008, 05:38 PM
On 2008-01-21 14:29, Lady-Kismet wrote:
As nice as it is to think up these ideas, may they be great or horrible, there's not much point in doing so because it's not like it's ever going to happen... So it's probably better to keep fantasies to one's self in order to avoid the jeering of fellow PSU gamers.

Either that or if you feel THAT passionate about it, just go express it in fanfiction format or something...

To be honest, I wouldn't like the idea of being unable to express ideas. I like to read other people's ideas as well as write my own. This is a public forum after all, and just because ideas will never ever come into fruition doesn't mean you shouldn't delve into that kind of hobby! Why else would you post on a forum?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-01-21 14:39 ]</font>

superdood22
Jan 21, 2008, 05:40 PM
On 2008-01-21 14:10, Bolvyn wrote:
I would have to say we have to many classes now. I think we need to have some classes that we have know and expand on them. Like fortagunner with S rank miching guns and twin hand guns for an example.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! LMAO XD triple billion posts attack!!

SATatami
Jan 21, 2008, 05:46 PM
On 2008-01-21 14:38, TheFonz wrote:

On 2008-01-21 14:29, Lady-Kismet wrote:

To be honest, I wouldn't like the idea of being unable to express ideas. I like to read other people's ideas as well as write my own. This is a public forum after all, and just because ideas will never ever come into fruition doesn't mean you shouldn't delve into that kind of hobby! Why else would you post on a forum?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-01-21 14:39 ]</font>

Or, you know, just make a forum for that stuff.

Pillan
Jan 21, 2008, 06:45 PM
I suppose the weapons would add levels to summons and have a level requirement to equip. Hopefully Castor’s grenade would appear as an S rank 2 hand summon weapon and Pollux’s saber would appear as a right hand summon weapon.

I guess they’d have to limit the type of summons, probably with weapon PP. Something like the weapons do not regenerate PP and you can’t use photon charges while a mob is summoned in addition to the 4 max summon limit, so that you couldn’t do something like summon 4 Svaltus simultaneously without using the 2 hand summon weapons.

But, yeah, I’m having fun with this topic. I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

chaostroop3
Jan 21, 2008, 06:52 PM
i dont think its a good idea as its own class but you could make it a add on to magic

you know how attack and support techs have diffrant pa caps? well this could be add on to that wutch would ket youuse summons but still fit into the game a little better

Laranas
Jan 21, 2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the idea, but how about the weapons themselves are the monsters (that always follow you around, PM style) and the PAs are attacks that that monster can perform. It'll generally attack like a RCSM for no PP, but you can command it to use the PA when you see fit.

Of course, these would be left-handed, so you can use a dagger or wand or something in the other hand.

Fafnir
Jan 21, 2008, 07:30 PM
How about, instead of indepednant HP, the integrity of the summoned creatures is based on the PP of the weapon. That way, you'd not only have to moniter the PP for your summoned creature's attacks, but also their lives. To make this a bit more important(not just 'photon charge and we're back'), when a creature dies(runs out of PP), then it can'r be summoned within the same mission. Switching weaponry would automatically, return the creature to its germ.

Lineek
Jan 22, 2008, 07:31 AM
concept seems sound but may not be for PSU..... exists similarly in other RPG's though

id like to se a class thats a clean slate

no weapon restriction you can use any type of wep you want, instead to get access to B,A,S ranks of those weps you have to level them through using them the more you use them the higher a rank of that weapon you can use.

just wish i could do that instead of changing char or class just to use a new weapon i found, like muzzle fever, now i got to guntecher just to try it *sigh*

still, any idea is a good idea, just may not be suitable, like my idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shardio
Jan 22, 2008, 09:05 AM
On 2008-01-22 04:31, Lineek wrote:
concept seems sound but may not be for PSU..... exists similarly in other RPG's though

id like to se a class thats a clean slate

no weapon restriction you can use any type of wep you want, instead to get access to B,A,S ranks of those weps you have to level them through using them the more you use them the higher a rank of that weapon you can use.

just wish i could do that instead of changing char or class just to use a new weapon i found, like muzzle fever, now i got to guntecher just to try it *sigh*

still, any idea is a good idea, just may not be suitable, like my idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I had a similar idea. It's a bit different, in that you have to 'make' the class.
You get a set amount of points to distribute on your weapon palette; C-rank costs 1 point, B 2, and so on. Same for PA caps. Having 6 points that count as 10 PA levels.
Or something among those lines. I must add that it would end up being broken, most people will just take the melee weapon they like, have 40 PA cap on skills, and 20 on support techs. Not much variety in the end.

Lineek
Jan 22, 2008, 09:57 AM
true, but the theory is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

works wel in oblivion

PsyGuy
Jan 22, 2008, 10:31 AM
Would love something like this.

Pillan
Jan 22, 2008, 11:00 AM
On 2008-01-21 15:52, chaostroop3 wrote:
i dont think its a good idea as its own class but you could make it a add on to magic

you know how attack and support techs have diffrant pa caps? well this could be add on to that wutch would ket youuse summons but still fit into the game a little better

Well, since playing as bosses in PSO had nothing to do with magic and since being an Arkz had nothing to do with magic, I’d say all previous references to monster control make it more of the fourth class type in the series. It really should be a separate section based primarily on level, like trap control, if they were to add it at all.

On 2008-01-21 16:30, Fafnir wrote:
How about, instead of indepednant HP, the integrity of the summoned creatures is based on the PP of the weapon. That way, you'd not only have to moniter the PP for your summoned creature's attacks, but also their lives. To make this a bit more important(not just 'photon charge and we're back'), when a creature dies(runs out of PP), then it can'r be summoned within the same mission. Switching weaponry would automatically, return the creature to its germ.

That sounds interesting, but the main flaw in that is that it wouldn’t allow simultaneous monster control. I mean, do you have trouble taking out a single mob, regardless of size and type? I doubt the 6 medium mob spawn at the beginning of each stage will have trouble with it either, and then they’ll proceed to finish you off because you were forced to trade your ability to do decent damage for summoning.

Alternatively, they could take that into account in the base stats and the class will be in the same boat as Protranser. Personally, I’d rather be able to have a constant flow of monsters on the field attacking for me and not know their exact HP in exchange for having the HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP of a Fortetecher and TP, EVP, and MST of a Fortefighter. But that’s just how I would do it.