PDA

View Full Version : Securing Our Borders: I don't give half a $!@#

Abashi76
Jan 22, 2008, 01:37 AM
Ok ok, here is my problem. When it comes to politics, I tend to be concerned about issues involving higher education or the environment.

Problem is, I live in SAN DIEGO. San Diego and the Inland Empire boasts the bulk of the minute-man right-wing viewpoints with in this state and the whole western of the portion of the country. Actually, I think as far as the youth are concerned, this area is the bulk of the right-wing of the whole nation!

So why do I have a problem with this? Well, I hate having to !@#$ing agree with your rabid right-wing !@#$s over this, and having to hear this $#@! over and over again, and I even mutter a word I get hated, screamed at, or worse.

For all I care, the amount of "illegal" immigrants can double. Despite how much it offends you, I don't mind hearing Spanish, beats me having to hear what ever the !@#$ they want to say anyway. Also, I rather live next to them than a bunch of right-wing psychos who hate me because I'm different (virtually everybody where I live).

I don't even want to find out what people would do to me if I said that I would actually vote for a 'Obama' or 'Hillary', that is, if I vote at all.

For all you right-wing psychos that live in San Diego and the Inland Empire, go !@#$ yourselves and stop stuffing your ignorant viewpoints relentlessly down my throat. I won't agree with you no matter how much you threaten or beat the $!@# out of me!

Not to mention the way the rabidly massaginistic youth here tend to view women, etc... I hate having that stuffed down my tube as well, and when ever I mutter a word, BOOM!!!

No sane person could possibly stand living in San Diego or the IE. Its where the psychotic right-wing racist homophobic women hating !@#$s go to express themselves.

Alright now, rant done. Now, let the the noisy right counter-attacks from people around here begin, that is if anybody who lives in this cesspool is even open enough to play JP games....

Garroway
Jan 22, 2008, 08:08 AM
What are you even talking about?

It feels like you're trying to shove your rabid left-wing !@#$s down my throat or something.

That can't be it though, you would never do something like that, now, would you.

CelestialBlade
Jan 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
I hope people realize that this is the Rants forum, and there doesn't seem to be a desire from the OP to turn this into a political soapbox.

It's irrelevant what's being shoved down your throat, but I do know how you feel. I live in Kentucky, the beginning of the Bible Belt, and I've dealt with this stuff my entire life. So not only are the Christian Conservatives pretty rampant around here, we've got very old-fashioned communities who still think you should begin working full-time at age 12 or something, just because they had to. I personally find both lifestyles very ignorant, but no amount of shoving it down my throat is going to make me change my ways, either. I'm still going to live my life how I see fit, no matter where I live. Let everyone else get over your lifestyle and your beliefs, and leave it at that.

Forcing your beliefs on them won't make you any better than they are, either. Just live and let live.

Abashi76
Jan 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-01-22 07:33, Typheros wrote:
I hope people realize that this is the Rants forum, and there doesn't seem to be a desire from the OP to turn this into a political soapbox.

It's irrelevant what's being shoved down your throat, but I do know how you feel. I live in Kentucky, the beginning of the Bible Belt, and I've dealt with this stuff my entire life. So not only are the Christian Conservatives pretty rampant around here, we've got very old-fashioned communities who still think you should begin working full-time at age 12 or something, just because they had to. I personally find both lifestyles very ignorant, but no amount of shoving it down my throat is going to make me change my ways, either. I'm still going to live my life how I see fit, no matter where I live. Let everyone else get over your lifestyle and your beliefs, and leave it at that.

Forcing your beliefs on them won't make you any better than they are, either. Just live and let live.

Thank you for the support! ^_^ Seems like the guy second below me is probably one of those minutemen from around here, but oh well this is the rant board.

I try to live and let live, but its not something easy. The people here are far more rabid about their viewpoints than anywhere in the bible belt, and whats worse is there aren't even exceptions.

Typheros: I'd take a look at these, you'll like Kentucky a lot more afterwards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAcfz_RQWdg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ59rvPGe_4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtOeKcRhHj4&feature=related

----less interesting----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5aRhcpzhuM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEcALRF5Tc&feature=related

There are many others to see if anybody is interested, but you'll see how lucky you are to be in Kentucky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PS: I'm not saying there isn't extreme racism from the migrant side either, but still I don't like having these viewpoints shoved down my throat all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-22 09:06 ]</font>

Garroway
Jan 22, 2008, 03:02 PM
That hardly seems fair. Apparently, my insinuation that you're actually no different from the people you are complaining about somehow equates to me, spending my free time patrolling the southern border in an effort to stop (i might have this wrong, I actually don't care enough to find out what the minutemen really do) or report people illegally entering the country.

OK, this game is always good for a few laughs so I'll play along. My unsubstantiated claim based on irrelevant criteria is as follows:

ABASHI76 EATS BABIES!!!

Dek
Jan 22, 2008, 03:17 PM
On 2008-01-22 05:08, Garroway wrote:
What are you even talking about?

It feels like you're trying to shove your rabid left-wing !@#$s down my throat or something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/arthas_zero/Misc/Holland.jpg

Anyways, I know what it's like to have things getting shoved down my throat. Of course, even though the shit I had to go through wasn't a big deal compared to what you had to deal with, some people that I knew tried to make it seem like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's also quite hard to ignore it, especially if you're being jumped on every time you have a different opinion. With that said, the only thing I could suggest is to ignore them and continue to believe what you believe in.

This is the United States of America. Just because they have a voice doesn't mean you don't.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 22, 2008, 04:08 PM
So as far as I understand, theres a buncha racist bastards where you live. But so what? Do you really have to get so pissed off? Their just stupid and let them be. Unless you are Mexican, then I can understand but otherwise i think your just bein paranoid.

Abashi76
Jan 22, 2008, 05:56 PM
On 2008-01-22 12:17, Dek wrote:

Anyways, I know what it's like to have things getting shoved down my throat. Of course, even though the shit I had to go through wasn't a big deal compared to what you had to deal with, some people that I knew tried to make it seem like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's also quite hard to ignore it, especially if you're being jumped on every time you have a different opinion. With that said, the only thing I could suggest is to ignore them and continue to believe what you believe in.

This is the United States of America. Just because they have a voice doesn't mean you don't.

I understand what you mean. I already avoided these topics when ever they came up, but the next time it does can be uncertain, especially considering the upcoming election.

People like to ask who did you will you vote for? Right now I'll say I don't know if I'll vote, and may not to play it safe. But if I do vote, there's the problem, since its likely to go to somebody like Obama or Hillary. Of course I can't really confront somebody and tell them whom I voted for, that is if I do vote at all.

If I vote, it'll be on issues that effect me, such as higher education, and the environment. These are not issues that the minutemen and the people in my community are not concerned about, and I would likely take ridicule for this.

I have made a mistake to speak out on some things that eventually got me in trouble to the point that I was strangled, but thats a topic for another day.

As for the stuff you dealt with... is it a cultural social rules kinda thing? I certainly have to deal with that stuffed down my throat everyday. Way more oppressive on me than the immigration issue. This topic was made in theme of the election, rather than my most frequent problems amongst people.

PS: About me eating babies... I have eaten lamb before, does that count? It does come from baby sheep ... am I right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-22 15:00 ]</font>

Allos
Jan 22, 2008, 06:51 PM
On 2008-01-21 22:37, Abashi76 wrote:

Problem is, I live in SAN DIEGO. San Diego and the Inland Empire boasts the bulk of the minute-man right-wing viewpoints with in this state and the whole western of the portion of the country. Actually, I think as far as the youth are concerned, this area is the bulk of the right-wing of the whole nation!

Kruschev's waiting for your KGB report.

Blitzkommando
Jan 23, 2008, 12:04 AM
Right, because stopping illegal activity is inherently racist.

I recommend you move where your ideas and viewpoints are more the standard thus making you happy and not irritating the hell out of your neighbors. Perhaps LA, or San Fran, or Oregon. Or if those aren't liberal enough you could always move to France, Sweden, the UK, or the Netherlands.

Sord
Jan 23, 2008, 12:18 AM
On 2008-01-22 14:56, Abashi76 wrote:
People like to ask who did you will you vote for? Right now I'll say I don't know if I'll vote, and may not to play it safe. But if I do vote, there's the problem, since its likely to go to somebody like Obama or Hillary. Of course I can't really confront somebody and tell them whom I voted for, that is if I do vote at all.

it may sound like an afront to your stature, but vote and lie. Ballots are supposed to be secret. I doubt they'll have some guy standing in your booth shouting "HEY THIS GUY VOTE DEMOCRAT! LYNCH HIM!" If you are already decided on keeping opinions to yourself, then might as well just keep your true vote to yourself. Better than not voting, though if the whole populous is like that your vote against isn't gonna mean much.

omegapirate2k
Jan 23, 2008, 10:53 AM
On 2008-01-22 12:17, Dek wrote:
Anyways, I know what it's like to have things getting shoved down my throat.

I completely agree, back when I was a kid, I wasn't eating my cauliflower, and my mom shoved it down my throat, it was really awful.

Also, to the OP, you can swear here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

InfinityXXX
Jan 23, 2008, 12:21 PM
I know where you coming from though I'll disagree with you on the whole illegal immigrant issue (keep in mind illegal immigrants just aren't Hispanics...)

Honestly, I don't really like or socialize with anyone thats a radical...radical republican or radical democrat...when your SOOO right sided or left sided...it gives me the feeling that you have no concept of trying to at least understand the other side...your eyes are shut and you don't wanna open them...I may not agree with your average conservative on most issues but I'mma hear what he/she has to say...

...But yea, i feel ya, anything forced down my throat gets regurgitated...

Abashi76
Jan 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
On 2008-01-22 21:04, Norvekh wrote:
Right, because stopping illegal activity is inherently racist.

I recommend you move where your ideas and viewpoints are more the standard thus making you happy and not irritating the hell out of your neighbors. Perhaps LA, or San Fran, or Oregon. Or if those aren't liberal enough you could always move to France, Sweden, the UK, or the Netherlands.

If I were capable of moving, I would not be making this topic would I? Moving is hard, moving back and forth closer to my campus, than back home, is hard enough how it is. Have you tried moving? Surely, if you tried, you'll realize that its not simple solution for me.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 24, 2008, 07:19 AM
Just keep this in mind

If either the right or left wing took complete control of the country, we'd fly around in circles.

All sides of an issue need to be presented, and arguments must be had for progress to be made.

THE JACKEL

Abashi76
Jan 24, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-01-23 09:21, InfinityXXX wrote:
I know where you coming from though I'll disagree with you on the whole illegal immigrant issue (keep in mind illegal immigrants just aren't Hispanics...)

Honestly, I don't really like or socialize with anyone thats a radical...radical republican or radical democrat...when your SOOO right sided or left sided...it gives me the feeling that you have no concept of trying to at least understand the other side...your eyes are shut and you don't wanna open them...I may not agree with your average conservative on most issues but I'mma hear what he/she has to say...

...But yea, i feel ya, anything forced down my throat gets regurgitated...

Wait wa, disagree with wa? I'm not understanding here.

As for being one sided, I find its often the 'mainstream' that is very one sided towards me because I have radical opinions of my own that contradict their 'charished values'.