PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Anybody found Rattlesnake in event ?

Marlec
Jan 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
I was just wondering if anybody had found a Rattlesnake during the event so far, been doing back to back runs since Friday but getting nothing.

I have seen a few Barets being put up for trade but no Rattlesnakes watsoever so are they dropping or not ??

amtalx
Jan 22, 2008, 08:48 AM
The double boss box drops have done little to add to the amount of gunner rares.

The cake is a lie.

Tetsaru
Jan 22, 2008, 09:14 AM
On 2008-01-22 05:48, amtalx wrote:
The double boss box drops have done little to add to the amount of gunner rares.

The cake is a lie.

Heh, exactly... -_-X

Instead of "double the number of boss boxes," they should've just said, "same crappy boss boxes but with Star and Moon Atomizers thrown in." >_>

What pisses me off most though, is that the people who HAVE found the 11* guns will only trade them for some godly FF S-rank or something no less than 50%... All I can say is good luck, you bastards...

AZKlegend
Jan 22, 2008, 09:22 AM
No, I have not seen one yet either.

darkante
Jan 22, 2008, 09:28 AM
ST is always gonna hate gunners and worship meleers.

End of story

Bman40
Jan 22, 2008, 10:05 AM
On 2008-01-22 06:28, darkante wrote:

End of story

agreed

CelestialBlade
Jan 22, 2008, 10:11 AM

End of story

Then why can't I find my friggin' Zanshu-misaki?

TUSCAN
Jan 22, 2008, 10:30 AM
I get a real kick out of reading these whiny gunner posts. I seem to be the only person that remembers that for about six to eight months before the expansion fortegunner was the class to be. I also find it funny that everyone get's so wound up over not getting the s-ranks. yes, the drop rates suck, especially on boss boxes. but the only people I see with all s-rank pallets are the brutal uni 1 and 2 players. it's just not worth taking personally, kids. the world doesn't owe you anything.

darkante
Jan 22, 2008, 10:39 AM
On 2008-01-22 07:30, TUSCAN wrote:
I get a real kick out of reading these whiny gunner posts. I seem to be the only person that remembers that for about six to eight months before the expansion fortegunner was the class to be. I also find it funny that everyone get's so wound up over not getting the s-ranks. yes, the drop rates suck, especially on boss boxes. but the only people I see with all s-rank pallets are the brutal uni 1 and 2 players. it's just not worth taking personally, kids. the world doesn't owe you anything.

No maybe not..but i prefer not to spend uneccesary hours spending purely hunting with very slim chances.
I could have used that time, leveling bullets afk and doing something else IRL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Melee weapons drops alot more frequently.
That is a fact.

So off course i´m and as well as other gunners is gonna be whiny.
We want our shiny weapons as well!

amtalx
Jan 22, 2008, 10:39 AM
I get a real kick out of reading these whiny gunner posts. I seem to be the only person that remembers that for about six to eight months before the expansion fortegunner was the class to be.

So I guess now that gunners are stuck running PSUv1 missions for impossible drop rates on a 10*, its ok for techers and fighters to get 11* boards everytime they pass go?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Zorak000
Jan 22, 2008, 10:42 AM
FGers are the new FTers, but only because now they are worse off now than tan the FTers

pikachief
Jan 22, 2008, 10:48 AM
On 2008-01-22 06:14, Tetsaru wrote:

On 2008-01-22 05:48, amtalx wrote:

The cake is a lie.

Heh, exactly... -_-X

Instead of "double the number of boss boxes," they should've just said, "same crappy boss boxes but with Star and Moon Atomizers thrown in." >_>

What pisses me off most though, is that the people who HAVE found the 11* guns will only trade them for some godly FF S-rank or something no less than 50%... All I can say is good luck, you bastards...

true.

I got a 4/10 Needle Cannon, 5/10 Storm, and 5/10 Blackbull for a 34% Zanshu-Misaki! XD lol it was the only made one selling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ALl i need is shigga baret, the blackbull is as good as rattlesnake, and the song for death is as good as asted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT:

On 2008-01-22 07:11, Typheros wrote:

End of story

Then why can't I find my friggin' Zanshu-misaki?

lol hi XD no really sega hates gunners, y would i want your zanshu? lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-01-22 07:51 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Jan 22, 2008, 11:14 AM

Gunners simply aren't as rewarded for the time they invest in this game as fighters and techers are. That's why we're pissed. Get up off your high horse.

DarkFalconX17
Jan 22, 2008, 11:22 AM
Tuscan- I could really care less about having all S rank weapons but when a strong weapon comes around I want it. I don't care if it's a 8* weapon i'm going to try to get it. Right now the rattlesnake is that strong weapon and pisses me off when it never drops along with all of the other strong range weapons.

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 11:24 AM
I was in a party with it dropping the other day. Fun stuff.

Neith
Jan 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
To everyone whining about not getting rares in this event: You do realise it's likely the 13*+ items will make 10-11* look common when they release, yes?

Gunners have it bad, yes, but seriously. You get things like Shigga Desta, Muzzlefever, Mizurakihoh, Meteor Cannon, Gur Bazga pretty much handed to you (especially from 1up Cup as well)- plus all the fG/PT players got a Song for Death from 1Up for Free.

A free S-Rank Grenade, that has better stats than a Bazga.

Now, for everyone saying melee weapons are all easy to get:
- Zanshu-Misaki
- Double Agito
- Gudda Hon
- Carriguine-Rucar (after 1up, admittedly)
- Agito Repca
- Muktengek (don't care what anyone says, this isn't easy to find)
- Ank Zagza (see Muktengek)

I could go into things I haven't seen too. Things like Kan Yu, Grand Cross. Hell, virtually any 11* going. Some of us aren't infinitely lucky, so for you to say melee weapons aren't hard to get isn't right to me.

What you also totally fail to take into consideration is that should us melee players manage to strike lucky, we still have to get a high% synth for the damn weapon to be of any use. A 10% Kan Yu might look cool, but in reality, a high % Caliburn/Soda Joggi or Riban will be a far better weapon.

Why people can't see that ALL of the 11* Boss Rares from V1 Bosses are extremely hard rates is beyond me.

I guess in conclusion, if you're whining now about 10-11* rares for your gunners, you may as well pack up now, quit and move somewhere else because 13-15* aren't going to be any easier. Same for any rare, be it melee, gun, tech or armour. If everything was handed to you on a silver platter, you'd be complaining things weren't hard enough to find.

amtalx
Jan 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
This all goes back to my original complaint. ST NEEDS TO STOP DRIP FEEDING US CONTENT. People didn't complain about the rares in PSO as much becasue we had access to everything from the beginning. There were rares of all types...common, semi-common, semi-rare, rare, etc. ST can't do that now because there are a whopping 2 S-Rank Shotgun boards, as is the case with many other weapon types, not excluding fighters and techers (although gunners still get the worst of it). We just have to hope that ST can get their head out of their ass and realize why this won't work.

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
On 2008-01-22 08:30, UrikoBB3 wrote:
To everyone whining about not getting rares in this event: You do realise it's likely the 13*+ items will make 10-11* look common when they release, yes?

Gunners have it bad, yes, but seriously. You get things like Shigga Desta, Muzzlefever, Mizurakihoh, Meteor Cannon, Gur Bazga pretty much handed to you (especially from 1up Cup as well)- plus all the fG/PT players got a Song for Death from 1Up for Free.

- Zanshu-Misaki
- Double Agito
- Gudda Hon
- Agito Repca

I could go into things I haven't seen too. Things like Kan Yu, Grand Cross. Hell, virtually any 11* going. Some of us aren't infinitely lucky, so for you to say melee weapons aren't hard to get isn't right to me.

What you also totally fail to take into consideration is that should us melee players manage to strike lucky, we still have to get a high% synth for the damn weapon to be of any use. A 10% Kan Yu might look cool, but in reality, a high % Caliburn/Soda Joggi or Riban will be a far better weapon.

Why people can't see that ALL of the 11* Boss Rares from V1 Bosses are extremely hard rates is beyond me.

I guess in conclusion, if you're whining now about 10-11* rares for your gunners, you may as well pack up now, quit and move somewhere else because 13-15* aren't going to be any easier. Same for any rare, be it melee, gun, tech or armour. If everything was handed to you on a silver platter, you'd be complaining things weren't hard enough to find.

So true. PSU players like to do nothing but complain. They complain when we get something. They complain when we don't. "Oh, it's not fair! I don't have this leet hax damage rifle!" Yeah. Well. Get over it. Wait till later when it's more commonly dropped. Until then, I decline all invitations to your pity party. But being unbiased here now. The rifle has TWENTY more atp than blackbull. Is that really worth pissing yourself over?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-22 09:02 ]</font>

desturel
Jan 22, 2008, 12:03 PM

- Zanshu-Misaki
- Double Agito
- Gudda Hon
- Agito Repca

Ank Zagza isn't too bad. It drops from Seed Awakended S2, True Darkness S2 and Awoken Serpent S2. The only "real rare" 11*s that I think of are the ones that only drop from V1 bosses on one mission.

Rattlesnake
Zanshu-Misaki
Hoshi-kikami
Kazarod
Needle Cannon
Rikauteri
Double Agito
Storm
Gudda Hon
Gur Asted
Cubo Tuma
Tesbra
Shigga Baret

and certain area drop/event only creature drops:
Agito Replica

I don't include the psycho wand because Sleeping Warriors is 100x easier to solo than Dark Satellite, True Darkness and Seed Awakening.

I don't include the Blackbull in the list because there are currently 5 missions that blackbull can drop in. Anyone who really wants one can go out and find it if they try. Hunting for Blackbull is easier than hunting Shi-kikami and Shi-kikami drops from a non-rare creature. There are seven chances for a blackbull in Endrum. Only one chance for a Shi-kikami in rainbow beast. Maybe when Her Secret Mission gets a boost to level 100+ creatures it won't be so bad to hunt. Or maybe if Stolen Weapon gets an S3 version with 100% chance of Grinna Bete S at level 100, people will stop complaining about Blackbull, but until that time...

Turbobrain
Jan 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
Am I the only one that use's weps for their STATS and RESULTS? Really. I play fighter, techer and recently gunner(it's GREAT... should have done it before instead of techer... oh well:)).

For example, on my FF'r I have a +8/8 30% Light Ran-Misaki next to my 4/10 38% Light Repca(obviously for dark aka TD runs weapons set).

My FG has not much but even though I WANT a Blackbull badly just because it's eluded me for so long... if I actually had it I may still keep my Phantom +9(and phantom set bonus but I dont use) which sits next my Desta which sits next to my 8/8 B'duki Org(8* Tenora Dual Handguns that grind up better than 12* base and I think ALL 10*'s in terms of att and acuracy not bad either) cant wait till they release the Tenora 9* Dual Handguns....

My FT uses uses a Granadodoc+10 for buffs.... PP beats Pwand upto 3/4/5?(I HAVE Pwand...)... in fact +9 Serdote I prefer then Uransara... higher stats. If I had F techer I would probably use Magical Wand+10(well 8 is as far as I got).

I know that S ranks can be ground to and often with good results... but realistacally, its hard to get beyond 3/4/5 depending on manufacture... and for that generally s+10's are needed/wise... and at 1/2 million a pop I would rather sell or if like now I have not got any... I certainly would not pay 2 mil for a few points that will probably end in a decrement on the weapons grind count and nothing more other than Repca but thats as far as it's going until/ikf we get MAG rewards.

A lot of the problem is the chaotic nature of grinding... lol my friend got a Viper(I failed to get to 5 with +10 grinders)... he said feck it and used some s+3/5's and got it to 5/6! It's not that it's less choatic with A's. A little easier, but if I sold one S grinder for 2 mil, that would buy me nearly 10 Phantoms(or highish % 9*... I have picked up some +40%'s recently VERY cheap... that no one wants coz there not S) and I could synth probably 20/30+ A+10's... and the 'bad' grinds NPC takes care of or they go in my shop. Point is I would not be that reckless with the S ranks I have that make them NOTABLY better than A ranks... last night I actually broke sweat over grinding my 34% Kan Yu to 2... not any further!

Really, I should not complain as I make ok money of selling these junk 10*'s ranks in my shop... I had a run of bad synths elemental wise... put them in my shop 1/2/3 mil and gone. Reality is they were no better than a decent high % 9*... could buy for under a mil... grind care free to 5/6/7.... easy to make A grinders so no problem there and end up with a better weapon.

Funny thing is that some of the S ranks that are percieved as 'junk' are better for some purposes than those held in high esteem. I did actually grind a Yohmei 10* rifle(1.8mil for it) to +1890 something PP... with some +9's I had lying around. More PP for Killer Shot... more so than any other rifle(I think). Att's chit, but for SE's ie killer shot on robots... you see my point!

I'm not saying S ranks suck, they dont but they are not some magic pill to huge damage, high PP, high ele % damage factor, high accucracy(I know I missed some but tired). But really look at the PP... the Blackbull is being sold now for 45mil made or 20mil board. 40mil is a lot to me for a weapon that is inferior until it gets to 4/5 to a +10 Phantom... that costs 10mil MADE! Try grinding a S rank GRM wep to past 6.... ok my friend got lucky but that does not happen often at all. And it was only becuse we didnt care anout the wep.... the game knows;).

Lol this is kinda getting long but my point is LOOK at the weapon stats. Base and grinded. Some weapons grind crazy good... some do not, thats another topic. Bear in mind if you want weapons for show or weapons for go. I have got some real good +5 11*'s and on +4 12* that obviosly are superior but there the exception. I use weapons on the basis of statistal need and performance... the better and more efficient I am, the better I can hunt and maybe find S ranks that are vastly superior to 9*'s not just moderatly and even then not always in terms of stats/grinding trends.

And why is it people never get that excited by armour? It MAKES a difference not only to your ability to take damage but also inflict it!!!! even units and I use my resist units over my S rank one 90% of the time!!!

Though, some S ranks do look very nice but for me that wears very thin when the stats are chit.... and they go in the shop! And it wears very thin in teams when some people insist on using their hard earned rarez even though totally unsuitable for situation or just plain crap. I am waiting a hole generation of new FFrs with their 10% dedda spamming Jabora at EVERY oppurtunity however inappropriote coz it's a dedda man and look at the funky animation:)

Thats my view on this. To answer OP no I have not seen Rattlesnake but never expected it to. Why should I? I've not seen it drop in the past few months... same drop rate, what's so special about this event other than we get a load of exp and some 10*'s drop 2.5 times more than normal. With 3 luck. It's not like it drops from BOTH bosses to double the chance(or any weapon). I have a ton of Muzzlefevers, 2HR's, Hypers, and so on. I did get a couple more desta's which is cool but being Tenora I dont THINK they will grind to well so I guess one for my friend and one goes up for sale... I could always do a straight trade for a handfull of S+10 grinders. NOT!

stukasa
Jan 22, 2008, 12:36 PM
@Turbobrain:

Looks > stats

Armor isn't used to kill things, therefore armor is boring.

etc. etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

P.S. - I agree that most S-ranks are overpriced considering their stats usually aren't much better than A-rank stuff, but as long as S-ranks can't be bought in stores they will always be expensive. Besides, people are willing to pay big bucks to look cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

amtalx
Jan 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:01, SATatami wrote:

So true. PSU players like to do nothing but complain. They complain when we get something. They complain when we don't.

Complaining isn't always a bad thing. PSU is constantly evolving, as with all ORPGS. The only way for ST to know what works and what doesn't is to listen to us. They even went so far as to say some of the tweaks in AoI came from fan outcry. I've been around since the beginning and I think that PSU as a whole is a better game than it was on day 1. That's not to say that they havn't totally destroyed parts of the game while attempting to fix others though...

However, you are right. We will always find something to complain about. Its just ST's job to separate the wheat from the chaff. Personally, I think complaints outside of the lack of gunner rares, enemies that are too weak, Machinegun glitching, and possibly Slicers are just whining as a result of individual disappointment.

Turbobrain
Jan 22, 2008, 12:46 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:36, stukasa wrote:
@Turbobrain:

Looks > stats

Armor isn't used to kill things, therefore armor is boring.

etc. etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

P.S. - I agree that most S-ranks are overpriced considering their stats usually aren't much better than A-rank stuff, but as long as S-ranks can't be bought in stores they will always be expensive. Besides, people are willing to pay big bucks to look cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

QFT but... armour DOES boost attack stats subtly to:) and the units that go in them CERTAINLY do(lol the best unit in terms of ATP bonus happens to be a measly 7 star HPC). Never even mind the set bonus(look at Cat Line... works with 4 weapons when it's available!).

I'm glad... in a way as if people BOTHERED to realise how junk some of my S synths are/grind buggered they would think twice. No shit I saw a Hyper Viper 1/1 before this event being sold for 15mil.... whaaaad da? Also some people forget the in some cases good weapons(thinks of XBows) are not available in S rank for a job... and anyone that manages to grind Cubo Mamba to +10 has my respect.

Or would they... they look pretty:)

Funny the more some people try to be different with looking nice.... the more they become the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-22 10:00 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 12:47 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:43, amtalx wrote:

So true. PSU players like to do nothing but complain. They complain when we get something. They complain when we don't.

Complaining isn't always a bad thing. PSU is constantly evolving, as with all ORPGS. The only way for ST to know what works and what doesn't is to listen to us. They even went so far as to say some of the tweaks in AoI came from fan outcry. I've been around since the beginning and I think that PSU as a whole is a better game than it was on day 1. That's not to say that they havn't totally destroyed parts of the game while attempting to fix others though...

However, you are right. We will always find something to complain about. Its just ST's job to separate the wheat from the chaff. Personally, I think complaints outside of the lack of gunner rares, enemies that are too weak, Machinegun glitching, and possibly Slicers are just whining as a result of individual disappointment.

Indeed. Something without real meaning can be done without. The rare drop rate will be changed for V1 sometime. It just did in Japan. At that point, if anyone's complaining about it, just punch em in the face and yell "@s92 PLAY MOAR." Until then, you just gotta hang on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Billy960
Jan 22, 2008, 01:09 PM
I don't see why gunners complain about lack of S ranks...
You need 1 Rattlesnake where as a fighter type would want one of each element of say Grandcross or Kanyu or w/e. When you can get 1 weapon and make it w/e element you want of course they aren't going to make it common. For bullets and techs the actual level of the bullet/tech makes a hell of a lot more difference than the weapon you are using. It doesn't matter if someone else has a Rattlesnake and you have a Phantom, if you have a much higher level bullet you are probably going to be doing more damage especially if you are using a Phantom Line.

On top of that V1 S ranks will be common soon and apparently it seems like many people on the JP servers have found [B]Rattlesnakes lately.

stukasa
Jan 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:46, Turbobrain wrote:
QFT but... armour DOES boost attack stats subtly to:) and the units that go in them CERTAINLY do(lol the best unit in terms of ATP bonus happens to be a measly 7 star HPC). Never even mind the set bonus(look at Cat Line... works with 4 weapons when it's available!).
I agree that armor is important but it doesn't change the fact that armor is pretty boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I wish there were more armors with special effects like Rabol Rappy, maybe then people would care about armor.

This is a pretty easy game so people can afford to say "looks > stats." If this was a hard game people would make stats a higher priority.

Funny the more some people try to be different with looking nice.... the more they become the same.
That's partly because there are so few rares to hunt right now. :/

Alamar
Jan 22, 2008, 01:49 PM
I am A gunner And now in the process of getting the strongest gun in the game A Phantom +10. It is easier to get then the Rattlesnake and couple it with the Armor, This Rifle Is without A doubt stronger. Heck most grinded A ranks Destroy S ranks in Atp. And they are a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to find.

Turbobrain
Jan 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
On 2008-01-22 10:32, stukasa wrote:

I agree that armor is important but it doesn't change the fact that armor is pretty boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I wish there were more armors with special effects like Rabol Rappy, maybe then people would care about armor.

Well... I guess to some maybe but I am pretty into armours.... then I'm pretty much into everything. One needs to take a very 'holistic' approach.... everthing can work well together.

The feathers? Well... there are some more comming out.are out that have some nice effects like rappy so maybe then people may be more bothered. Hopefully they may have more built in 'useful' effects... ie PP regen, TP regen, HP regen... more weapon combos*glances at PSO armours but they had some useless effects*

BTW, whats with giving me 'the finger'?

This is a pretty easy game so people can afford to say "looks > stats." If this was a hard game people would make stats a higher priority.

Again, I agree... though I solo a lot on my FFr and doing Motherbrain S runs solo can get tough. Or TD S2, or even the current Winter Event missions.

I remember when people would not even consider Linear Line without dark armour. Though the role of STA cannot be underestimated. I have seen 21 STA on a F CAST and it's amazing.

But yes, it is true the game has got easier... or maybe it will get 'harder' again in later levels. Maybe the biggest thing that effected peoples 'view' or 'value' of armour was the loss of the death penalty. Like it or hate it... it made people think.

True but there are so many variables on the equipment we do have. Maybe it's just me but a 50% 10/10 would impress me a lot. That takes more than luck to make... it takes balls to synth some weapons... and more often than not the result is not good.

I do like nice looking weps, believe me but its definetly secondary to the total effect. And melee weps with status effects... wow!(points to Yamata-misaki).

As you say,right now. Hopefully we will see a load more rares releases but for those of us who were here from the beginning we will always be looking for the next 'update'... at only a handfull of weapons every other fortnight it's always going to seem small.

As I said though in my OP. I dont think it wise from a gaming point of view to buy a weapon on the basis its an S rank. Stats mean more real results. Asthetically they look nice. But so do a lot of the AOI A ranks that no one uses as there 'low' weps but in some cases superior to 12*'s (certain)stat wise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-22 11:01 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
- Agito Repca

those are easy though....

amtalx
Jan 22, 2008, 02:45 PM
On 2008-01-22 10:49, Alamar wrote:
I am A gunner And now in the process of getting the strongest gun in the game A Phantom +10. It is easier to get then the Rattlesnake and couple it with the Armor, This Rifle Is without A doubt stronger. Heck most grinded A ranks Destroy S ranks in Atp. And they are a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to find.

Careful. Set bonuses were nerfed in AoI.

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2008, 03:02 PM

QFT. I just love how the guy that speaks absolute truth gets torn apart by the people in this thread, but it's expected to happen. Everyone that is complaining about their class, weps for their class, and stats for their class always seems to forget that they've had their time in the spotlight at one time or another. So a lot of FG weps are off of boss boxes...so what? Any FF or FT weapon that has retained any value is off a boss box or area drop as well.

It's really obvious what will happen too...sega will make all your FG rares common and then you will all bitch about nothing being rare and all FG weapons losing value (prime example muzzlefever gt wep). So which would you have it? Personally I'd like stuff that I have to retain some worth and not every player in every game having one, but that's just me.

You guys seem to be under another impression, and just want the game to gib gib gib...regardless if your item retains any rarity.

Gen2000
Jan 22, 2008, 03:03 PM
That was for melee weapons. PhantomLine and Rabol Dunga combos still are better or comparable to their 10-11* counterparts.

Phantom+10 with combo is comparable to a Rattlesnake+10. Even by itself it's just as good as a Blackbull+6 (how many people are grinding their BBs that high vs. a Phantom?) .

The main flaw with the combos though is the requirement to wear the armors. Not so much a problem with the Rabol Dunga as it is with the body slot-less PhantomLine. For Cast the S-rank SUVs (whenever they do drop) will complicate things even further.

Phetty
Jan 22, 2008, 03:09 PM

Lets have some fun trying to prove you wrong for a minute. A 10/10 Phantom has an Atp of 641. Add the Phantom Line bonus of 125 and is 766. A Blackbullic 10/10 is 737. Not as easy to get but still pretty close. Blackbull is 704. Rattlesnake 10/10 is 765 which is 1 ATP off(Not to mention for the lose of 1 Atp you get much better armor). And then the Rattlesnac with a whole 816 Atp clearly beating the others.
So to make this easier to compare these are the Stats
Phatom 10/10 w/ Combo 766
Blackbullic 10/10 737
Blackbull 10/10 704
Rattlesnac 10/10 816
Rattlesnake 10/10 765

So if youre in the process of getting the best gun it'd be a 10/10 Rattlesnac not a 9* and the Armor set.

All of this info can be found here in the Item Database and on Psupedia for the Set Bonuses (http://psupedia.info/Set_bonuses)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phetty on 2008-01-22 12:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phetty on 2008-01-22 12:13 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 22, 2008, 03:25 PM
must... have... RATTLESNACK LOLOLOL (yes i know theres no K but its funny)

Mikura
Jan 22, 2008, 03:46 PM
On 2008-01-22 10:59, pikachief wrote:

- Agito Repca

those are easy though....

Easy my ass...I hardly see anyone with them and I've NEVER found a Muktengek or Ank Zagza after doing countless runs to find one.

The Agito Repca may be easier now with the beta mission. I haven't checked shops to see if anyone's selling them. But I doubt that's dropping like candy either.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 22, 2008, 04:00 PM
My friend has a muktengek!

Mikura
Jan 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-01-22 13:00, chu-chu-chu wrote:

I have a friend that has one too, still doesn't mean it's easy. >_> They're just lucky.

stukasa
Jan 22, 2008, 04:34 PM
On 2008-01-22 10:58, Turbobrain wrote:
BTW, whats with giving me 'the finger'?
...Wait, what? o.O

Turbobrain
Jan 22, 2008, 05:10 PM

There! What was with that about.

Turbobrain
Jan 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
On 2008-01-22 12:09, Phetty wrote:

Lets have some fun trying to prove you wrong for a minute. A 10/10 Phantom has an Atp of 641. Add the Phantom Line bonus of 125 and is 766. A Blackbullic 10/10 is 737. Not as easy to get but still pretty close. Blackbull is 704. Rattlesnake 10/10 is 765 which is 1 ATP off(Not to mention for the lose of 1 Atp you get much better armor). And then the Rattlesnac with a whole 816 Atp clearly beating the others.
Blackbullic 10/10 737
Blackbull 10/10 704
Rattlesnac 10/10 816
Rattlesnake 10/10 765

So if youre in the process of getting the best gun it'd be a 10/10 Rattlesnac not a 9* and the Armor set.

All of this info can be found here in the Item Database and on Psupedia for the Set Bonuses (http://psupedia.info/Set_bonuses)

Oh and of course people are going to go through stacks of Blackbulls like I did with Phantoms and other A weps to get a 10? More stacks as S;s are tougher to grinder I know....

Theres 1 10/10 Rattlesnake on the game I'm aware of.

Most Blackbulls I have seen have been mangled at something like 3/8 or something. You would have to be very lucky to get the weapon and then very lucky(probably double lucky) to grind it even past 5.

Phantom, I buy 10 for 1mil, make 1 mil worth of a grinders and I BET I will make a weapon that is has more pp amd attack then a your single backbull and a few S+10 grinder's... 1 of those s+10 grinders to grind your wep would pay for my phantoms AND the grinders AND I'd have a weapon with higher attack an pp.... unless you REALLY got lucky.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 22, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-01-22 13:11, Mikura wrote:

I have a friend that has one too, still doesn't mean it's easy. >_> They're just lucky.

LOL!

is your friend my friend? lol!

'<;;>'

Mikura
Jan 22, 2008, 05:25 PM
On 2008-01-22 14:18, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2008-01-22 13:11, Mikura wrote:

LOL!

is your friend my friend? lol!

'<;;>'

Nah, I doubt it. She doesn't play PSU that often anymore. She mainly plays as a newman AT, goes by the name of Kyo.

Though she wasn't the one that found it. It was her bf who played the game too as a male Cast, Xenithflare.

Phetty
Jan 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
On 2008-01-22 14:16, Turbobrain wrote:

On 2008-01-22 12:09, Phetty wrote:

Blackbullic 10/10 737
Blackbull 10/10 704
Rattlesnac 10/10 816
Rattlesnake 10/10 765

Oh and of course people are going to go through stacks of Blackbulls like I did with Phantoms and other A weps to get a 10? More stacks as S;s are tougher to grinder I know....

Theres 1 10/10 Rattlesnake on the game I'm aware of.

Most Blackbulls I have seen have been mangled at something like 3/8 or something. You would have to be very lucky to get the weapon and then very lucky(probably double lucky) to grind it even past 5.

Phantom, I buy 10 for 1mil, make 1 mil worth of a grinders and I BET I will make a weapon that is has more pp amd attack then a your single backbull and a few S+10 grinder's... 1 of those s+10 grinders to grind your wep would pay for my phantoms AND the grinders AND I'd have a weapon with higher attack an pp.... unless you REALLY got lucky.

Never said it was easier to get 10/10 S ranks. I just pointed out the he is not getting the best rifle currently available. Either way IMO Rifles are garbage. Your time is better speant hunting Shigga Baret or Gur Asted.

Turbobrain
Jan 22, 2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

is what I get.... looks like a finger to me and my friends looking at my screen.... and I'm sure it's fine... lol only built it a few days again works great. Monitors a bit chit and will upragade it bigtime April... stuck with a old flatscreen from familys office. Image not too great but gfx card(s) upto the job and then some.

Someone might want to look into that... definetly a finger... any back OT.

Considering what other rathers have dropped... no Rattlesanke is a bit weird... I guess... but I think the other weps would havve dropped if 90% of the PSU community is doing the missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-22 15:27 ]</font>

Mikura
Jan 22, 2008, 06:38 PM
It's still a tear drop...You're reading a finger into it. I can see the resemblance though. Doesn't matter anymore so I'll drop it.

Anyway, since we rather get on topic, neither me nor anyone I know has found a rattlesnake yet. It appears like it's still going to be pretty damn rare even by the time the event has run it's course.

I don't know why ST insists on making rifles so difficult to acquire. Phantoms are dropping like candy though from what I've seen on the Magahnna route so at least that'll give people a chance at grinding them to +10 for free. (Barring the cost of grinder boards and bases).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikura on 2008-01-22 15:39 ]</font>

stukasa
Jan 22, 2008, 06:45 PM
On 2008-01-22 15:24, Turbobrain wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

is what I get.... looks like a finger to me and my friends looking at my screen.... and I'm sure it's fine... lol only built it a few days again works great. Monitors a bit chit and will upragade it bigtime April... stuck with a old flatscreen from familys office. Image not too great but gfx card(s) upto the job and then some.

Someone might want to look into that... definetly a finger... any back OT.

lol wow, I guess it does kinda look like a finger when you look at it real close. xD But no, it's just a sweat drop. Well, glad to get that all cleared up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Anyway, I'd settle for a Blackbull before I even start thinking about hunting for a Rattlesnake but I can't even get one Blackbull to drop. >:/ I got the map with the Bomaltas as the first spawn but no Grinna Bete S!

Vickie
Jan 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
Storm + Stormline FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vickie
Jan 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
Zanshu misaki + Giga /Skill pp save + Ice Graldike
FTW!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-01-23 10:01 ]</font>

Kietrinia
Jan 23, 2008, 02:59 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:43, amtalx wrote:

Complaining isn't always a bad thing. PSU is constantly evolving, as with all ORPGS. The only way for ST to know what works and what doesn't is to listen to us. [...]I'm sorry to seem like a downer, but, when has ST listened to US players? I've seen alot of suggestions get cast aside by US players. The Japanese player base is larger and closer to the devs than we'll ever be.

I've given up trying to find out who to talk to about the chat filter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif