PDA

View Full Version : PSU: the catostrophic effect of this event

Zorak000
Jan 22, 2008, 10:32 AM
I was playing in a random party to level up my human (now lv 47) and I ran into a player named "Disco Dan" or something like that. he was a white name and a user ID of 74XXXX (or however many digits it takes to show that he is new to the game) and after playing a run with him, I noticed he only used a single pair of knuckles with lv21+ bogga zubba. so I take a look at his stats and junk and what I saw shocked and appauled me:

weapons:
0% Gudda godda 0/10
beamgun 0/10

Photon Art(s):
Bogga zubba lv.22
thats it. while he did have armor I forgot what he was using.

this confirms my deepest fears about this event. ppl leveling so fast that their PAs are left in the dust. now, for a noob, disco dan had the right Idea. use only 1 PA so at least that one is decent. while in other runs I have seen forces using <lv11 TECHs and tell me that that is their highest PA (not to mention that their resta barely heals themselves, much less the rest of the party...)

well, I have said what I have wanted to and now I want to see what you guys have to think!

panzer_unit
Jan 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
lol!

You don't think ST would be giving levels away like candy if they were the real measure of your characters power... oh yeah they're good but you're gimped without high level PA's.

Abashi76
Jan 22, 2008, 11:20 AM
On 2008-01-22 08:18, panzer_unit wrote:
lol!

You don't think ST would be giving levels away like candy if they were the real measure of your characters power... oh yeah they're good but you're gimped without high level PA's.

Good point. At level 50 my character was incredibly weak for her level, but by 55, she was able to contribute pretty well. I was leveling my techniques, they are now above 11, and I even have a fighting PM. I have lots of work to do, I need to gather PAs and level my techs to 21 for the next evolution, before I start leveling again.

amtalx
Jan 22, 2008, 12:48 PM
Precisely. I made this point earlier in another topic. Anyone can get player levels and have a mountain of S-Ranks, but your actual power comes from the mods on your PAs. Don't even get me started on nubs using PAs in the wrong situation...

Kylie
Jan 22, 2008, 02:18 PM
Not only that, but it's put a gap in a lot of my friendships with the four person thing, it's turned the fifth floor into a barely tolerable spam fest, and it's given me false hope for a gudda hon board. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif I do admit to liking it for my alts, however.