PDA

View Full Version : Tricky little gnomes are about!

Fure_Rakune
Jan 22, 2008, 11:59 AM
So a couple days ago while shopping after some runs, a strange occurrence, well, occurred.
I was going from room to room and I noticed when I entered my own, my leg parts were removed! Being a PS2 user I was unable to capture this. I wrote it off as server lag and didnt think much of it.
Now today when I log in, not only is my torso piece removed, my armor is as well!
Whats going on here!

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 12:04 PM
Pics or it di- ahh, who am I kidding, I hear about this all the time. It's a glitch of some sort. >_>

chibiLegolas
Jan 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
This happened to be before as well. Once when I first logged in after the day of Nights demo weekend. And another time at some random accurance when I entered Neudiz.

Nothing seemed to be missing (equipment-wise), so I just shrugged it off.

Powder Keg
Jan 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
It happened to me yesterday. It said my clothes were off but they were still on, and my armor was also removed. It's a good thing nothing bad happens from this glitch...because it seems to happen often.

I once went to Moatoob and my pants were suddenly removed.

Feign
Jan 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
It's a RAY-MAN virus, it eats metal gradually, normally when you aren't logged in. Eat alot of Photon Charges and it should be gone in the morning.

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:05, Artea wrote:

God, didn't know the beast women did that kind of thing to you. ^_-

Gunslinger-08
Jan 22, 2008, 12:09 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:07, SATatami wrote:

That just made my day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SATatami
Jan 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:09, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

That just made my day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You're welcome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedMussel
Jan 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ya like around the beginning of the event i went to my room or in a mission and my shirt would randomly come off and it says i was not wearing it so i dropped it and nothing dropped but it says "item dropped", i think its due to lag issues.

Akaimizu
Jan 22, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think you're forgetting the Expansion Armor, V1 Level bug. This is an existing bug that I'm a bit surprised hasn't been mentioned here that much.

In some Version 1 levels, if you enter them with Armor equipped, that wasn't introduced until the expansion, these two things may happen to you.

1. Your armor, upon entering the level, is automatically unequipped along with all your armor attachments. (You'll have to manually put everything back on)

2. You're still physically wearing the clothes, in game, but if you look at them in your inventory, they are unequipped.

If you change universes, or particularly go back to your room. Your inventory magically shows your clothes back on.

How to avoid said bug? Be conscious to note the level you had that happen to you. (Was very rampant during the Alpha Mission of our Winter Event) Equip an older armor (something from before the expansion), then when you enter the level, switch to the V2 armor you want. This will avoid you having to switch armors AND reapply all your Armor attachments again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-22 09:21 ]</font>

Anduril
Jan 22, 2008, 02:15 PM
Happened to me, went from the 4th floor down to the 3rd, and BAM! no pants. I was wearing a Smartia shirt at the time, so it looked like I was just wear Pritia shorts or something. Luckily I was going to the clothes shop anyway.

Aries2384
Jan 22, 2008, 02:21 PM
I think ST is just trying to turn PSU into WoW with all the Scantily-clad night elves dancing on mailboxes. So ST wants us to have everyone wearing nothing dancing around? Nekkid line dancing anyone?

Akaimizu
Jan 22, 2008, 02:26 PM
Or Final Fantasy XI with all the nekkid mithras that sit around town trying to sell stuff. Me thinks they took the idea of "PR" a little too far.

Fure_Rakune
Jan 22, 2008, 02:34 PM
On 2008-01-22 09:20, Akaimizu wrote:
I think you're forgetting the Expansion Armor, V1 Level bug. This is an existing bug that I'm a bit surprised hasn't been mentioned here that much.

In some Version 1 levels, if you enter them with Armor equipped, that wasn't introduced until the expansion, these two things may happen to you.

1. Your armor, upon entering the level, is automatically unequipped along with all your armor attachments. (You'll have to manually put everything back on)

2. You're still physically wearing the clothes, in game, but if you look at them in your inventory, they are unequipped.

If you change universes, or particularly go back to your room. Your inventory magically shows your clothes back on.

How to avoid said bug? Be conscious to note the level you had that happen to you. (Was very rampant during the Alpha Mission of our Winter Event) Equip an older armor (something from before the expansion), then when you enter the level, switch to the V2 armor you want. This will avoid you having to switch armors AND reapply all your Armor attachments again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-22 09:21 ]</font>

That seems about right, however the only armor I wear is Storm Line.
Now I am a GT, and the introduction of AoI made it capable for all gunner classes to wield this armor, that could be a factor to consider.
Also:

DEATH BY SNOO SNOO!

Laranas
Jan 22, 2008, 02:38 PM

Beast women are the best?