PDA

View Full Version : JP's 'boost road' thingie

unicorn
Jan 22, 2008, 04:45 PM
Are these permanent?

Do they effect boss boxes? Because whenever ST does a droprate increase on v1 missions, it apparently never effects boss boxes.

Just wondering if Hoshi-kikami/Rikauteri/Kazarod would actually become attainable to me thats why. :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-01-22 13:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-01-22 13:46 ]</font>

Umberger
Jan 22, 2008, 04:54 PM
No.

Boss boxes already have a 100% drop rate, there's nothing that can change the probability of getting a (useful) rare board aside from the items' drop rates themselves being changed. I believe PSU JP received an update recently that did just that.

AxelgearVII
Jan 22, 2008, 06:15 PM
Its hard to tell how much its affecting boss boxes because we just got an update that puts version 1 boss drop rates closer to those of the expansion like Umberger said. But it unlike what he said, the boost road award is increasing droprates, so it does have an effect.

And they're not entirely permanent, they're given for a month at a time in different locations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVII on 2008-01-22 15:22 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jan 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
from my recent exp playing the jp ver, ep 1 rares drop MUCH more often. like 5 times as much as before. and even tho motoob GBR doesnt increase the chance of boss rares to drop, the combination of increased ep 1 drop rates plus the popularity of motoob, has brought the price of orupado/guard down to about 1.5m.